AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On!! (Second Season) - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 26 49.06%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 28.30%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 13.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 5.66%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 3.77%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-01, 00:40   Link #121
Unknown Soldier
:D

Coalguys is trash anyways. I've always waited for Chihiro and quite frankly they are always SOOOOOOOO..... INCREDIBLY........ SLOW...........
Old 2010-08-01, 01:20   Link #122
Tsumugi~
"This guy are sick."

OR everyone's playing starcraft 2, that could be a reason for the delay too :V

Can't blame them, I'd be playing it too if my pc didn't suck so much balls
Old 2010-08-01, 01:45   Link #123
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana-tan87 View Post
OR everyone's playing starcraft 2, that could be a reason for the delay too :V

Can't blame them, I'd be playing it too if my pc didn't suck so much balls
haha starcraft meh.. its all about C&C lol but anyways it is takeing Coalguy along time (my fav suber)..... as for Chihiro what has that subber been doing lol GG too me is a better suber then that dropy guy.

When i watched the episode from GG subs it made more sense

p.s

I love Azusa's FacePalm!

Last edited by Afternoon Tea; 2010-08-01 at 02:00.
Old 2010-08-01, 02:28   Link #124
Tsumugi~
"This guy are sick."

http://coalguys.com/

No subs apparently. :>
Old 2010-08-01, 06:01   Link #125
Pachael
原作通り

It's like Yui and food. Without it there is no capability to function or seek alternate avenues.
Old 2010-08-01, 11:25   Link #126
krko
The Movie is Coming

Frostii's Subs are out
Old 2010-08-01, 11:33   Link #127
Tsumugi~
"This guy are sick."

Are they better than GG's?
Old 2010-08-01, 13:10   Link #128
OkamiNoKaze

This was a pretty good episode, it was nice seeing Yui actually be the big sister she is. The lyrics to her song were nice too. Mio and Azu's lyrics were pretty funny. Apparently I watched a sub by a group called Derp, It wasn't too bad
Old 2010-08-01, 16:05   Link #129
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Everyone's personality got a chance to shine here, from Mio's childishness to Yui's ability to perform when motivated. Funny how it was Yui who was the most motivated this time around, though her true motives still crept through.

Azusa could have had the best song if she had left the subject matter a mystery. And if all Mio can write is about fluffy animals, then I'd say her creative juices are drying up fast. Someone bang that girl before she truly withers away.

Yui's songs fit quite well with the songs they already have and "U & I" is simply heartwarming, so it's not really a surprise that they got chosen. I still wonder about Mugi's previous song, though...

And I'd say we're getting to the good part now: the school play. This is probably THE chapter everyone wants to see animated.
Old 2010-08-01, 18:43   Link #130
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Are they better than GG's?
Define "better". They made some different choices in translation. Whether that affects the meaning for you or not - you'll have to judge for yourself. Both groups do a reasonable job, but there are a few difference in translation style (how natural the grammar is, choice of slang, etc).
Old 2010-08-01, 19:52   Link #131
Unknown Soldier
:D

Frostii have a reputation for being very literal, to the point where their subs read like a cyborg translated them. CoalGuys on the other hand are intentionally very liberal, to the point where they purposely substitute Western songs and phrases for things which are idiomatic in Japanese but not obvious to non-native speakers. An example of this is during S2E9. Both Frostii and Chihiro actually tried to translate the traditional song Yui was trying to get Azunyan to sing as an example of enka, CoalGuys just substituted the lyrics for "Clementine". I like Chihiro the most, they are somewhat liberal but only for the purpose of being easily readable by non-Japanese speakers, they try to preserve the meaning of what is being said when possible. As always, YMMV.

Chihiro are always so GODDAMN SLOW though. I ended up watching [gg] because I didn't want to wait any longer, they used the same translator as CoalGuys for this episode. There were plenty of examples of extremely liberal translation, as usual, but I waited too long to care at that point so I just watched the goddamn thing. Not getting my Azunyan fix sends me into heroin-like withdrawals.
Old 2010-08-02, 02:15   Link #132
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

I have watched this episode 4 times already one Raw and the other 3 subbers

Frostii has the best
Old 2010-08-02, 02:40   Link #133
Tsumugi~
"This guy are sick."

Chihiro subs are out :3
Old 2010-08-02, 03:15   Link #134
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:
Chihiro subs are out :3
just watched his subs, I like Frostii better
Old 2010-08-02, 03:16   Link #135
Tsumugi~
"This guy are sick."

Oh great...next episode's tomorrow. Unless coalguys come back today then the subs will be late again
Old 2010-08-02, 04:17   Link #136
Tsumugi~
"This guy are sick."

Oh snaps! coalguys subs are out >:0
Old 2010-08-02, 04:27   Link #137
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Oh snaps! coalguys subs are out
Hey, that's like the face Mugi made this episode! >:0

Last edited by ID555; 2010-08-02 at 05:10.
Old 2010-08-02, 07:49   Link #138
krko
The Movie is Coming

The preview is so misleading .
Old 2010-08-02, 09:43   Link #139
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Mio-centric episode is good obviously.... So i'm looking forward to ep 18 ^^

On another topic, due to Coalguys' short absence. I now start to wonder about how things gonna turn out for me by the end of K-on.
As future coming seasons do not look so bright, and i have started to use up my want-to-watch list....

The only other series that i am really looking forward for is TWGoK, which I'm not even sure if it will be this year
Old 2010-08-02, 10:16   Link #140
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

This week on K-ON!!

When will the fansubs come out! K-ON!! fans spent much of the week camped out in front of their computers, waiting for the black smoke rising from Mordhaus fansubber websites to turn white, signifying the completion of the subs. In other places, murder, suicide, and general violence rates increased exponentially (cut to a picture of heaps of dead and dying K-ON!! fans lying on the street; with fires burning everywhere.)

Thank you for your RAAAAGE gaijin otaku, you made this week's K-ON!! review Metalocalypse reference easy to put in.

Onto the actual episode:

We learn that xenomorphs hentai tentacle monsters leaking water was lurking in the clubroom's ceiling; meaning that the girls of HTT couldn't practice there until Ripley and the Colonial Marines could go in and clean it out. Their attempts to practice elsewhere in the school were greeted with hilarious failure . . . they were chased from the classroom by a pitchfork-and-torch wielding mob from the other clubs; and while Yui gained +5 diplomacy for negotiating use of the gym, Mio failed her sanity check and thought she was at an American football game.

But that's okay; the next day, they went to go practice at an actual recording space. Unfortunately, all the girls of HTT fell victim to a . . . oooh look, a mirror! My gosh, I'm such a mess . . . wait, what was I talking about again?

Probably wasn't important. The important part was writing the lyrics for the songs being performed upcoming school festival performance. Apparently, HTT finally decided they'd wrung out all the mileage they were going to get from Fuwa Fuwa Time. While Mio explored her hitherto-unknown Scottish(*) ancestry (because sheep need lovin' too,) and Azusa declared her undying devotion to Ton-chan . . . Mugi and Yui missed the boat entirely; with Mugi getting her mystery club and light music club activities all mixed up, and Yui bringing in a take-out menu in lieu of lyrics.

Which leads us to the episode's B plot. And the plot is Yui-centric. Normally, this would be a cause to deduct a point from the episode's overall rating; except they did a good job of it this week. Yui's nattering on about eating lots of oranges to avoid catching another cold pays off in comic gold when Ui gets the cold instead. Yui, seeming entirely clueless, calls the girls of HTT over. They rush over in a panic, thinking Yui's caught another cold . . . only to discover that she's messing with their heads.

After the grown-ups put Ui to bed, they leave Yui to care for her (Mio and Azusa also steal her stuffed turtle, the freaks.) After Yui takes a few minutes to puzzle out Ui's kitchen organization; we discover that she's not only a competent cook (or, at least, one possessed of Nagato-level skill-acquisition speed,) but also aware that her carefree existence as a shiftless slacker carried on the shoulders on her overly-devoted (seriously, it's like Ui actively works to keep Yui dumb and lazy) sister won't last forever.

She then pens a bittersweet, multi-layered ballad about what one has to be grateful for and, quite possibly, the end of childhood. Reducing poor Mio to tears ("I'm supposed to be the lyrical visionary of HTT. Me, me meeee!")

Question of the week: Is Yui really as dumb as she looks, or does she just like messing with peoples' heads?

Nine clubs driven to distraction by HTT wanting to rock-and-roll all night, and party every day out of ten.