AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-12, 08:03   Link #41
Westlo
Lets be reality

Yeah the movie version of Plus makes it clear.. that scene should've been in the ova series anyway... the movie did ova 4 events a lot better.
Old 2008-04-12, 08:05   Link #42
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Isamu's father was Japanese... He took his mother's last name.
I could say "I told you so" at this point, but I won't.
Old 2008-04-14, 03:41   Link #43
ani_d

Haha I love this weird girl with a weird cellphone. I thought for sure she'd be

Spoiler for 2:

I think Sheryl's attitude will improve later, but as much as I want to, I just can't seem to like her character over Ranca. Bright and cheery to the point she annoys people. Ranca amuses me lol It's probably cuz I like the way her VA voices her too.
Old 2008-04-14, 04:02   Link #44
yadango

cute character, my favorite so far in this series as well.
Old 2008-04-14, 05:46   Link #45
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_d View Post
Haha I love this weird girl with a weird cellphone. I thought for sure she'd be

Spoiler for 2:
Well, she's part-Zentradi, and IIRC Zentradi can survive in space for quite some time, so I think it was pretty logical.
Old 2008-04-14, 11:17   Link #46
herbert

Agree, Ranka is a quater-Zentradi. And that is where Alto's comment "so that is the reason why you're much tougher than you look like" come from.
Old 2008-04-14, 12:32   Link #47
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

You can survive a few seconds in space, the whole exploding thing doesn't happen, he was right to tell her to close her eyes and plug her nose though. Hikaru also managed to go a few seconds in space in the original, both times it's reasonably realistic
Old 2008-04-14, 13:19   Link #48
Cadorna

Send a message via MSN to Cadorna
yeah Bretai the zentran comander walk in his ship hull (in the original) for at least 5 minutes
Old 2008-04-14, 13:24   Link #49
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
anyway, if Ranka is a anima spirita singer, i wonder why they haven't detected it yet?

i mean after the macross 7 war incident, with military firmly recognising the merit of cultural singers as a form of psychological weaponry asset. You would of though the newer fleets would at leased make sure they had sound energy detectors on the ship.
Old 2008-04-14, 13:26   Link #50
ani_d

Sorry, I'm a noob here but what kind of race is Zentradi? And what's an anima spiritia singer? lol
Old 2008-04-14, 13:45   Link #51
Icehawk

Quote:
Sorry, I'm a noob here but what kind of race is Zentradi? And what's an anima spiritia singer? lol
You need to watch Macross 7 to really understand. Basically, its someone who, through singing, is able to permiate a sort of psychic force/spiritual energy that has various effects on certain alien life forms. In Macross 7 they developed a number of technologies and devices that were outfitted on a bunch of Valkyries that allowed them to channel and highly amplify this exotic energy for shielding and other non-lethal weapons and such.
Old 2008-04-14, 13:53   Link #52
Cadorna

Quote:
The zentradi are a raze of giant aliens created by the protoculture to fight, some of them after the first war decided to work with the human and live with them
Old 2008-04-14, 14:16   Link #53
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Quote:
please read the Macross FAQ thread and the Macross Q&A Thread both which are in this forum especially for new viewers.
Old 2008-04-14, 17:19   Link #54
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
anyway, if Ranka is a anima spirita singer, i wonder why they haven't detected it yet?

i mean after the macross 7 war incident, with military firmly recognising the merit of cultural singers as a form of psychological weaponry asset. You would of though the newer fleets would at leased make sure they had sound energy detectors on the ship.
Probably because there is no percieved threat, the Protodevlin left for parts unknown, and they haven't encountered much stragling Zentradi and Meltrandi fleets.

Not to mention they don't have a Minmay fanboy head scientist.

Besides you need someone with guts and charisma of Nikki Basara to turn fleets of Meltrandi into screamming swooning fangirls.

Mylene pulling a Minmay didn't work on them.

Cultural shock doesn't alway work that's why UN spacy command ordered that fleet annahilated.

Fortunately Exedol is one sly guy. The bridge bunnies like him for that even offering a date.

Despite the interest with Ranka by the Vajra they haven't exhibited the soul sucking behavior of Protodevlin.

Considering their biotechnology and weaponry they're much more related to the Birdman doomsday weapon of Macross Zero.

With Sheryll having the lastname of Nome it may be a hint.
Old 2008-04-14, 20:06   Link #55
sheebo

does this mean that Ozma lee is also 1/4th zentradi????

but there is a contradiction there, i thought zentradi genes where more dominant and that the sex of the infant id decided by the sex of the zentradi.

howcome Ozma lee is male and ranka lee is female?????
Old 2008-04-14, 20:43   Link #56
Cadorna

^ maybe half brother, same father diferent mother because she is a geirl and the meltran have the strong genes
Old 2008-04-14, 23:17   Link #57
cerrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquigleone View Post
You can survive a few seconds in space, the whole exploding thing doesn't happen, he was right to tell her to close her eyes and plug her nose though. Hikaru also managed to go a few seconds in space in the original, both times it's reasonably realistic

Here's a good example of when you should not apply an anime's advice in a real life situation.

If you ever find yourself in a near-vacuum situation, DO NOT hold your breath as you risk rupturing your lungs. Instead you should exhale and empty your lungs of any gas. And during the 3-4 secs as you begin to pass out, pray that somebody will find your body in the next 5 mins otherwise you'll end up permanently dead or worse, a brain dead vegetable for the rest of your life.

Closing your eyes if you get sucked out into space is probably a good idea...and if you can help it, try to find a place where your unconscious body will be shaded from the sun otherwise you'll be BBQ'd.

Should you survive the ordeal, prepare yourself for a very painful recovery process. Virtually every surface area of your body will be covered in bruises due to ruptured blood vessels near the skin. You'll wish that we had one of those Star Wars' medical facilities where they submerge and float you in some kind of fluid.
Old 2008-04-15, 00:24   Link #58
ZODDGUTS

This whole what to do if your suck into space reminds me of that one scene in farscape were Browdare had no choice but to bail out from one ship because it was about to explode to go another ship that was across it. Eventhough he surived he was pretty much in quiet alot of pain and needed medical help.

BTW About the whole mix species thing would the human woman not need to worry about her child growing all gigantic inside her if the child is part zentradi?
Old 2008-04-15, 00:32   Link #59
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
BTW About the whole mix species thing would the human woman not need to worry about her child growing all gigantic inside her if the child is part zentradi?
please read the Macross FAQ thread and the Macross Q&A Thread both which are in this forum especially for new viewers.
Old 2008-04-15, 00:33   Link #60
yadango

lol looking for the most plausible explanations about the homage fall, i'd like to know why she didn't poop in her panties (speaking of which, if i remember right in the original minmay fall there was a panty shot). think about it, if you went through all of that, do you think you'd have clean shorts afterwards he he he?

Last edited by yadango; 2008-04-15 at 00:47.
Closed Thread