AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2009-08-04, 11:59   Link #981
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Isn't it Kanon that is unable to love someone? Isn't he the one who's most probably going to say that he'd rather not have born?

Well... actually Ange comes to mind too, but he wasn't Rokkenjima XD

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 12:47   Link #982
Volcanic
fire of fires

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyura Kousen View Post
Even if it's impossible, sounds like Shannon to me, talking to George instead of Battler
Wait a second! Beato sounding like other people...

Spoiler for Crack Theory:
Volcanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 12:53   Link #983
pingva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyura Kousen View Post
Even if it's impossible, sounds like Shannon to me, talking to George instead of Battler
for that you need to know if Shannon had a crush on Battler or was in love with him and if he said to her that he was going to come back
pingva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 12:55   Link #984
Nyura Kousen
can't sleep ;_;

He did say it, if I remember correctly. That he'd come back. It was stated during the "Battler used to say random sentences in english" part. However, nothing was said about her having a crush on him.
Nyura Kousen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 12:58   Link #985
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Quote:
He did say it, if I remember correctly. That he'd come back. It was stated during the "Battler used to say random sentences in english" part. However, nothing was said about her having a crush on him.
Actually it was the other way round. I think it was said somewehere that Battler used to have a crush on Shannon
Old 2009-08-04, 13:12   Link #986
Krippr

Kanon's a girl, and she liked Battler, yes.

just joking
Krippr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 13:18   Link #987
Kitsu
The unlucky one

*tut*
Wrong dur!

Kanon is Shannon and Shannon is the real Ushirmiya Battler (Asumo's child) and she like Battler but Kanon(=Shannon=real Battler) is also Beatrice, who is the culprit. This means
Kanon=Shannon=Real Battler=Asumo's child=Beatirce=Culprit
Buuuut! In the forht game we are shown that Kinzo is the culprit making it
Kanon=Shannon=real Battler=Asumo's child=Beatrice=Culprit=Kinzo
Who is of course the head of the family making it
Kanon=Shannon=real Battler=Asumo's child=Beatrice=Culprit=Kinzo=Head of the family

Sooo~ could you follow me? Really then you come the following shocking conclusion
Kinzo likes Battler

<Edit: Before we go Offtopic again

Quote:
Beatrice is the embodiment of everyone on Rokkenjima during the murders!
I don't think this idea is taht dumb, it would make sense wouldn't it
Old 2009-08-04, 14:45   Link #988
Wafflemania
It's a Devil's Proof!

That is bigger mindrape than the end of Ep 1. well he DID become goldsmith because battler wanted it xDDDD
Wafflemania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 14:54   Link #989
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wafflemania View Post
well he DID become goldsmith because battler wanted it xDDDD
This actually makes sense to me. Battler should have as much control over the game board as Beatrice does.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 15:22   Link #990
Wafflemania
It's a Devil's Proof!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
This actually makes sense to me. Battler should have as much control over the game board as Beatrice does.
I wonder why Battler hasn't figured that out yet, if it is true...
maybe this Ep he WILL! 8D Anything he says comes true anyway....
Wafflemania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 15:25   Link #991
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Wait are you telling me that Battler can retroactively change the world? Because it is said that Kinzo used to sign as Goldsmith all his grimoires since a long time. Well I guess you can say that was a lie...

Old 2009-08-04, 15:40   Link #992
luckyssol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Wait are you telling me that Battler can retroactively change the world? Because it is said that Kinzo used to sign as Goldsmith all his grimoires since a long time. Well I guess you can say that was a lie...
It's possible that Beatrice is actually Battler and Battler is actually Beatrice then the whole "I am not you" line makes sense because the "I" that is being referred to is actually Beatrice making the real meaning of that red "I am not Beatrice" but then that still leaves open the possibility that the person who thinks they are Battler is actually the person who is pretending to be Beatrice.

I think...
luckyssol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 15:46   Link #993
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsu View Post
Actually it was the other way round. I think it was said somewehere that Battler used to have a crush on Shannon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ushiromiya Battler
I see, she really fits well with George-aniki, nothing I can do about that. ...Goodbye, my fleeting first love of six years ago... .........Which means that, the collection of my embarrassing lines that Shannon-chan had just held back on, ......probably had something to do with that... Aaaaaaaaaaarrghh, I can't take it...
----

I don't think the "Jessica / Shannon was hurt that Battler wouldn't come back" hypothesis makes sense. He was never more than a phone call away. If Shannon were hurt, I think that Jessica would have done it on her behalf.

Besides, I think that whoever was on the balcony was personally hurt by the sin. Why did she wait so long to call him on it, and only in this episode? I think that she didn't realize that Battler had sinned until roughly that moment.
rogerpepitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 15:50   Link #994
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerpepitone View Post
Besides, I think that whoever was on the balcony was personally hurt by the sin. Why did she wait so long to call him on it, and only in this episode? I think that she didn't realize that Battler had sinned until roughly that moment.
I wonder if it really was only in EP4...

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 16:07   Link #995
ChaosDimension

Quote:
*tut*
Wrong dur!

Kanon is Shannon and Shannon is the real Ushirmiya Battler (Asumo's child) and she like Battler but Kanon(=Shannon=real Battler) is also Beatrice, who is the culprit. This means
Kanon=Shannon=Real Battler=Asumo's child=Beatirce=Culprit
Buuuut! In the forht game we are shown that Kinzo is the culprit making it
Kanon=Shannon=real Battler=Asumo's child=Beatrice=Culprit=Kinzo
Who is of course the head of the family making it
Kanon=Shannon=real Battler=Asumo's child=Beatrice=Culprit=Kinzo=Head of the family

Sooo~ could you follow me? Really then you come the following shocking conclusion
Kinzo likes Battler
This actually makes sense because the number of people keep dwindling in each episode. 19>18>17 If Kanon/Shannon=1 then that'll even lower it to 16. I'm going to assume from the 13 sacrifices from the epitaph that there are really only 14 REAL people on the island. If things continue as they are now, in episode 5 another person will be eliminated and there will be only 16 people, and on ep6 15 people and by ep7 there will be only 14(assuming it ends on ep7). Coincidence? I think not.

And I want to call this out now, an evil Battler is going to show himself in the near future episode. Who knows if he actually is the real one or the culprit himself or a manifestation of Beatrice, he will show up and (mind the pun) Battle with battler.
ChaosDimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 16:20   Link #996
luckyssol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosDimension View Post
This actually makes sense because the number of people keep dwindling in each episode. 19>18>17 If Kanon/Shannon=1 then that'll even lower it to 16. I'm going to assume from the 13 sacrifices from the epitaph that there are really only 14 REAL people on the island. If things continue as they are now, in episode 5 another person will be eliminated and there will be only 16 people, and on ep6 15 people and by ep7 there will be only 14(assuming it ends on ep7). Coincidence? I think not.

And I want to call this out now, an evil Battler is going to show himself in the near future episode. Who knows if he actually is the real one or the culprit himself or a manifestation of Beatrice, he will show up and (mind the pun) Battle with battler.
Trivia: Which scene in Umineko shows the most people all together in front of Battler?

I don't know the answer but I think it's when they eat the first meal after arriving on the island. I think only 15 people are there during that scene.

If we assume people are faking others identities by using masks or whatever then the body count is what is important.

Does anyone know the answer?
luckyssol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 17:01   Link #997
yukito

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosDimension View Post
I think it's more likely that the real number is 16 as that's the number of chess pieces on a chess board per player. If we think that Battler and Beatrice are playing a game of chess, then the people on the island would probably be the white pieces and the supernatural beings would be the black pieces. I think this also makes sense because the humans and witches/demons seem to exist in pairs, just like chess pieces (as in black queen and white queen).

But who is the extra person then? My guess would be Nanjo, as there were some hints in EP3 for him not being there even when we could see him. Also his death in EP3 was a bit too strange. Unfortunately we have many red truths about Nanjo that contradict with him not being on Rokkenjima. But what if, and this is where I try to desperately save my theory from falling to pieces (), what if there is someone else called Nanjo among the 16 people? After all, we still don't know Kanon's real name or Shannon's family name. Yeah, I guess that's a bit too far fetched.
yukito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 17:27   Link #998
TTR
受話器持って魔女・エアトリーチェ

Hey you guys, I dunno if you guys noticed but a new leaked screen showed up floating around pixiv and the doujin scene...
Spoiler for screen:

Spoiler for IMPORTANT READ THIS AFTER YOU CLICK ON THE SCREEN SPOILER!:
TTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 17:37   Link #999
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssol View Post
Trivia: Which scene in Umineko shows the most people all together in front of Battler?

I don't know the answer but I think it's when they eat the first meal after arriving on the island. I think only 15 people are there during that scene.

If we assume people are faking others identities by using masks or whatever then the body count is what is important.

Does anyone know the answer?
I confirm the dinner\lunch are the scenes with the highest number of people seen in the same place in Battler's presence. and of course that's 15 persons, excluding Genji, Kinzo and Kanon.

I think it is extremely unlikely that there are less than 15 persons on Rokkejima. And personally I don't think they are less than 16

@TTR: my japanese is too weak. what I get is "so Natsuhi-sama, let us talk about the culprits".

It's probably wrong somewhere, but I don't get who is talking. It is certainly not Battler, and Ange would still call Natsuhi oba-san. Beatrice? °°;

Old 2009-08-04, 17:43   Link #1000
TTR
受話器持って魔女・エアトリーチェ

Yeah, don't take it seriously though, it's my own personal little joke about the game. I faked a screen after a while in photoshop so I wanted to see if it was passable :3

I thought using something along the lines of "anata ga hannin desu" would have been hilarious, so I thought of the weirdest situation possible (Ange, Battler, and Beato. All of them blushing, beato and battler crying). Oh and that whole "Natsuhi-sama" thing too. I kinda want to make Ange talk, but I chose a sprite that didn't have a mouth D: Too late to fix it I guess...
TTR is offline   Reply With Quote