AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Gurren-Lagann

Notices

View Poll Results: Gurren-Lagann Total Series Rating
Perfect 10 307 57.28%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 139 25.93%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 48 8.96%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 3.17%
6 out of 10 : Average 10 1.87%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 6 1.12%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.19%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 8 1.49%
Voters: 536. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-03-12, 10:29   Link #241
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdarkdark View Post
Yep. My Favorite anime so far. It was just so bad ass, it sits on my number 1.
Indeed, I totally second your ranking choice... as far as the Mecca genre goes... my #1 as far as Horror > Hellsing Ultimate ... I believe there are #1s for every genre and I Gurren Langan certanly takes it!

BTW, I am like 3 eps from finishing the series but I am so psyched about knowing that there are 2 movies... OMG Freaking awesome!

I guess I'll have to work on yet another sig
Old 2010-03-12, 22:34   Link #242
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuXe View Post
Indeed, I totally second your ranking choice... as far as the Mecca genre goes... my #1 as far as Horror > Hellsing Ultimate ... I believe there are #1s for every genre and I Gurren Langan certanly takes it!

BTW, I am like 3 eps from finishing the series but I am so psyched about knowing that there are 2 movies... OMG Freaking awesome!

I guess I'll have to work on yet another sig
Oh gosh. Finish the series, the ending was the best part of the show.

Movies are Gurren-hen and Lagann-hen. Both movies cover the anime series, but in a condensed version. There are several different new scenes in it though, I won't spoil them, but I liked some parts better in the movie and some better in the anime.
Old 2010-03-24, 22:57   Link #243
Lendial

in episode one prologue we see human boota and someone else. is that simon or genome?
Old 2010-03-26, 20:42   Link #244
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lendial View Post
in episode one prologue we see human boota and someone else. is that simon or genome?
It's Simon and the rest of the Gurren Brigade, you'll see later.
Old 2010-04-06, 10:14   Link #245
A l l e l u j a h
Ultimate Cyber Newtype

Send a message via Yahoo to A l l e l u j a h
Gurren Lagann is the first Super Robot anime that I got addicted to. As a result, I give it a 9 out of 10.

I still prefer real robots though
Old 2010-04-06, 19:28   Link #246
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A l l e l u j a h View Post
Gurren Lagann is the first Super Robot anime that I got addicted to. As a result, I give it a 9 out of 10.

I still prefer real robots though
Just to put it out there, I gave it an 11/10.
Old 2010-04-09, 12:46   Link #247
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Dude , i forgot to vote , i thought i already did it .
10/10 , yeah too bad no 11/10 available vote

Just EPIC and Thanks for this Show . I didn't lose my times with it ^^
Old 2010-04-09, 17:16   Link #248
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Dude , i forgot to vote , i thought i already did it .
10/10 , yeah too bad no 11/10 available vote

Just EPIC and Thanks for this Show . I didn't lose my times with it ^^
more 10/10 pl0x.
Old 2010-05-16, 08:28   Link #249
Sanger Zonvolt
Sword That Cleaves Evil

So I finished this series a little while a ago, and it was fun series overall.

I enjoyed the series much more after around episode 10 where with Simon, the series matured in theme and characters, and stopped being outright silly, if still ridiculous. My favorite characters throughout the series were Viral, Rossiu, and Kittan, Viral was probly the most entertaining character in part 1, had a awesome theme, and voiced by Nobuyuki Hiyama. Rossiu wasn't interesting until after the timeskip, where his conviction was compelling and it made him interesting, a logical character in a illogical world, which he even realized within the series later.

I guess when Kamina died so did alot of the immaturity of the series, which I guess was the make up of his character. He was a entertaining character yes, but a underdeveloped one who we barely got to know, and his death just didn't have the same impact of Kittan's, which was probably the best of the series. Kittan>>Kamina in terms of characterization, death, and development. I felt Kamina became just a plot device to development Simon in the end.

Near the end, I thought it was redundant that they just kept upgrading out of nowhere every episode, and the final battle ignoring the laws of physics completely in every way possible was quite funny.

The animation and style were pleasing to look at, I loved all the homages to Mecha Anime, and anime in general like the Anti-Spiral performing Dio's "Muda Muda" in his own style, the old school explosions from Mazinger Z, or the Autobot and Decepticon symbols during the battles against Lord Genome. The music was also decent, and while I didn't like Row Row Fight Da Powa at first, it grew on me.

I have to say I enjoyed it alot, as a poorman's GaoGaiGar, it was a good series, not quite as good as Gunbuster, Diebuster, or Evangelion, but Gainax never disappoints to make a fun series. For what they were trying to do, this probably would of better been served as a full 50 episode series.

7/10
Old 2010-05-16, 19:13   Link #250
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanger Zonvolt View Post
So I finished this series a little while a ago, and it was fun series overall.

I enjoyed the series much more after around episode 10 where with Simon, the series matured in theme and characters, and stopped being outright silly, if still ridiculous. My favorite characters throughout the series were Viral, Rossiu, and Kittan, Viral was probly the most entertaining character in part 1, had a awesome theme, and voiced by Nobuyuki Hiyama. Rossiu wasn't interesting until after the timeskip, where his conviction was compelling and it made him interesting, a logical character in a illogical world, which he even realized within the series later.

I guess when Kamina died so did alot of the immaturity of the series, which I guess was the make up of his character. He was a entertaining character yes, but a underdeveloped one who we barely got to know, and his death just didn't have the same impact of Kittan's, which was probably the best of the series. Kittan>>Kamina in terms of characterization, death, and development. I felt Kamina became just a plot device to development Simon in the end.

Near the end, I thought it was redundant that they just kept upgrading out of nowhere every episode, and the final battle ignoring the laws of physics completely in every way possible was quite funny.

The animation and style were pleasing to look at, I loved all the homages to Mecha Anime, and anime in general like the Anti-Spiral performing Dio's "Muda Muda" in his own style, the old school explosions from Mazinger Z, or the Autobot and Decepticon symbols during the battles against Lord Genome. The music was also decent, and while I didn't like Row Row Fight Da Powa at first, it grew on me.

I have to say I enjoyed it alot, as a poorman's GaoGaiGar, it was a good series, not quite as good as Gunbuster, Diebuster, or Evangelion, but Gainax never disappoints to make a fun series. For what they were trying to do, this probably would of better been served as a full 50 episode series.

7/10
Nonono, Kamina > Kittan. When Kamina died, I shed man tears. Kittan's sacrificial death was badass, yet sad, it's safe to say they were very similar characters and made the show great. I thought the whole series from start to finish was great. It brought out the inner child in me the first half, and the inner adult in me the second half. It was like the show started out a child and grew up as the show progressed. Everyone has their own opinions I guess, it's good to get a new post on here every once in a while . I still stand by my 11/10. My favorite anime without a doubt.
Old 2010-05-17, 15:31   Link #251
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Quote:

7/10
I am shocked! Shocked I say!
Old 2010-05-18, 13:50   Link #252
Sanger Zonvolt
Sword That Cleaves Evil

Quote:
I am shocked! Shocked I say!
Watch more mecha is all I have to say.
Old 2010-05-21, 22:56   Link #253
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Watch more mecha is all I have to say.
Your score = Sad Face for me.
Old 2010-05-24, 18:21   Link #254
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
In my humble opinion, there's never been an anime beauty like Yoko from Gurren Lagann.

I totally loved the series, humor, ..., and I hope it's going to be released on Blu-Ray some day.
Old 2010-05-26, 17:10   Link #255
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraFlash View Post
In my humble opinion, there's never been an anime beauty like Yoko from Gurren Lagann.

I totally loved the series, humor, ..., and I hope it's going to be released on Blu-Ray some day.
I didn't just love the series humor. I love all of Gurren Lagann. Epic Win.
Old 2010-05-26, 22:36   Link #256
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Quote:
Yeap, sad tho that she ended all alone or at least, she didn't hook up with anyone . I didn't like the part where they showed her like an old lady, I could have done just fine without that scene. Everything else was alright
Old 2010-05-28, 16:20   Link #257
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Yeap, sad tho that she ended all alone or at least, she didn't hook up with anyone . I didn't like the part where they showed her like an old lady, I could have done just fine without that scene. Everything else was alright
Yeah same. I was kind of hoping like she would marry Simon later on. I guess not.
Old 2010-05-29, 04:52   Link #258
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Well, Yoko's kind of the girl that has to end up alone because the audience would not like to see her end up with and asshole because most guys are actually scared of really beautiful women and get a feeling of inferiority so most of the times the beautiful girls end up with either those few who are self-assured or with assholes who have some kind of false self-assurance. Well, since things turned out the way they are, ... she had to end up all alone.

There's still potential for a good hentai movie where she hooks up with many guys...
Old 2010-05-29, 22:50   Link #259
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Well, Yoko's kind of the girl that has to end up alone because the audience would not like to see her end up with and asshole because most guys are actually scared of really beautiful women and get a feeling of inferiority so most of the times the beautiful girls end up with either those few who are self-assured or with assholes who have some kind of false self-assurance. Well, since things turned out the way they are, ... she had to end up all alone.

There's still potential for a good hentai movie where she hooks up with many guys...
Not going to lie, I know Simon been hittin that over those 20 years. No lies.
Old 2010-05-30, 01:09   Link #260
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Quote:

Hollycrap LOL
Closed Thread