AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Boku wa Tomodachi...

Notices

View Poll Results: Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 13 18.57%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 25.71%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 25.71%
7 out of 10 : Good 16 22.86%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.86%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.43%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.43%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.43%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-11-25, 11:23   Link #61
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
... Hmm...

Yozora's losing points, IMO. And she seems to keep losing it as episodes pass... How many episodes are we going to have again, as I forgot?

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2011-11-25, 11:31   Link #62
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
^^ 12|13 I believe
Old 2011-11-25, 11:37   Link #63
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
I think the reason people bash Yozora is because well.... she's kind of unlikable and a bit of a bitch. Out of all characters, she's the only one who doesn't have any friends because of how she acts. Sena doesn't have any friends because she's too pretty and thus is intimidating. Rika is just weird, but she really does want friends, and is nice to the people she likes. Yukimura well... has issues that came from being raised like that. Kobato is actually pretty sociable but creeps people out with the vampire stuff. Maria is... well... kind of stupid, but she's only 10.

So far, Yozora has done pretty much nothing to get anyone to like her. She constantly insults and abuses people, and has no problems with bullying people. She slapped Maria twice to trick her into getting the club, she spammed Sena's phone out of jealousy... why WOULD anyone want to be friends with her? So far, she does not deserve any friends.
Old 2011-11-25, 11:53   Link #64
Sides

Yukimura and Kodaka in the dressing room ^^. Come on, he is a dude, no need to blush.
I for one find it was hilarious that Maria was running around naked, especially when she was yelling something about god's light and her behind was obscured behind the light beam, genius!
But the episode was so-so story/progression -wise, hope next week will be a bit more interesting.
Old 2011-11-25, 11:57   Link #65
User68604
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
I think the reason people bash Yozora is because well.... she's kind of unlikable and a bit of a bitch. Out of all characters, she's the only one who doesn't have any friends because of how she acts.

So far, Yozora has done pretty much nothing to get anyone to like her. She constantly insults and abuses people, and has no problems with bullying people. She slapped Maria twice to trick her into getting the club, she spammed Sena's phone out of jealousy... why WOULD anyone want to be friends with her? So far, she does not deserve any friends.
kinda harsh, kinda true

but the way the series has gone, these last few eps (final 'arc' so to say) will put more spotlight on yozora. i think we'll find out more about her "complexes" and how kodaka resolves them. i see her undergoing the most "character development "
Old 2011-11-25, 12:03   Link #66
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
I think the reason people bash Yozora is because well.... she's kind of unlikable and a bit of a bitch. Out of all characters, she's the only one who doesn't have any friends because of how she acts. Sena doesn't have any friends because she's too pretty and thus is intimidating.
Actually, the reason Sena doesn't have friends is in addition to being intimidating, she's also very conceited and looks down on people a lot. Remember Episode 3? However, after Kodaka scolded her, she started to open up a little more, but still keeps that conceited attitude, which honestly is part of the reason that Yozora is able to bully her. While not as bad as Yozora, who hasn't really changed at all, her attitude isn't exactly perfect either.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Old 2011-11-25, 12:18   Link #67
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
I dunno why but I had been able to swallow the drama in this series better than in other entries in the genre. Perhaps it is because we do see it coming instead of appearing like thrown at the last seconds because the animators goofed around too much with fanservice and comedy. Episode from before? She had it coming after going too far with the phone spam that was totally not cool. Episode of this week? She could not help it, being car sick and all, but her leaving with Rika reminded the group how Yozora is as important to the group, as unlikeable she could be.
Old 2011-11-25, 13:45   Link #68
VVolf
夜空派

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
She could not help it, being car sick and all, but her leaving with Rika reminded the group how Yozora is as important to the group, as unlikeable she could be.
She wasn't car sick (as stated in the novel), she just tends to get uncomfortable and queasy around crowds.

I agree with the last sentence though. I think that was the message the anime wanted to get across.

As for this episode though...a 6 or 7/10.

Apart from the overload of Kobato fanservice, this episode wasn't really all that great, especially when compared to the last two. Cramming four chapters from the novel into one single episode really isn't a good idea...

I really don't get the (over)reaction about the ending. They were sick. They left. What's wrong with that? Yet people are seeing it as if Yozora and Rika did it on purpose just to spoil everyone's fun. Oh I'm sorry. I meant Yozora. Rika did nothing wrong. Oh no. It's all Yozora's fault.

Sheesh.
Old 2011-11-25, 13:57   Link #69
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Sena's crazyness over Kobato and swimsuit/bouncing breasts get a 10/10.

Rest of the episode 6/10.
Old 2011-11-25, 14:37   Link #70
Fnights
Yoku dekimashita!

Like this episode, the contrast between comedy and drama.

8/10
Old 2011-11-25, 14:54   Link #71
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

One of the best eps. Very funny, which is the first thing a comedy should be - but also ironic and a little sad, which Haganai also is when it's really good. Favorite moments include maria's "Almost broke the cigar off this she-male" and Rika's "strippy strippy!" All of the fanservice and lusting after Kobato was a little creepy, but then she is older than she looks...

I'm still totally won over by Sena. I'm not a tsundere guy but Sena's tsun is so totally transparent that it's charming to me - she's just an insecure girl who desperately wants to be loved. She's both naive and unabashedly enthusiastic, which makes her an easy target for Yozora's bullying - and that just makes me love her even more.
Old 2011-11-25, 15:45   Link #72
User68604
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I'm still totally won over by Sena. I'm not a tsundere guy but Sena's tsun is so totally transparent that it's charming to me - she's just an insecure girl who desperately wants to be loved. She's both naive and unabashedly enthusiastic, which makes her an easy target for Yozora's bullying - and that just makes me love her even more.
totally read my mind and put it into words...i agree on all points. sena acting "superior" is very endearing and cute - one of her best traits, even if it is unintended. most tsundere's tsun side just comes off as straight up bitchy (ahem toradora)
Old 2011-11-25, 17:12   Link #73
abc0716

The first 50-60% of the episode is quite hilarious, especially the part when Sena 'rage-quit' the VN she played and Yozora constantly hit Sena with a flyswatter when she harassing Kobato.

However the end of the episode is kinda awkward. But this doesn't really a bother for a comedy-filled episode, maybe.

Giving this episode 7/10 by the way.
Old 2011-11-25, 20:38   Link #74
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Hilarious episode (except the end).
Kobato's "transformation really was rofl, but it seems Kodaka is already used to stuff like that from her, hence his lack of reaction.

Yozora is massively trolling everyone again. First she gets Maria to run around naked in the sun because of a "vampire bite".
Then she trolls Sena with the shark at the pool in the game. Sena is distracted, presses the wrong option, and the shark bad end actually comes true... totally unexpected.

Then Sena and Kobato want to go to the pool, and the others come too. Yukimura got a female swimsuit, thanks to more of Yozora's trolling.
We get some more bouncy Sena, but then...

Yozora and lika leave again after just arriving. I can understand Rika feeling unwell under all these people, as she's always holed up in her lab and doesn't even participate in the ordinary school lesson, so she#s always all by herself only (except when she's in the club). So her feeling unwell among many people isn't that far off.

I don't buy it coming from Yozora though, as she is among people regularly during classes and such. Also, she didn't want to go to the pool first, but then reconsidered when she thought up a plan to thoroughly ruin Sena's fun. Seeing how much Sena wanted to go, she decided to first come along, just to leave again shortly after arriving under some pretense, for the sole reason of ruining Sena's fun of being at the pool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brimstone View Post
No I think he's only comparing her up to the point he met her a month ago.

(Note the flashbacks)
Yes, that's how I understood it as well. He's comparing Yozora to one month back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
PS2/Question: Why did Kodaka take tickets for adults
"Child" is only for persons up to 13 - he probably got a child ticked for Kobato, but full adult price for all others. Often, there's a reduced fee for pupils, but apparently that's not the case here.
Old 2011-11-25, 20:53   Link #75
Brimstone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimapan View Post

I don't buy it coming from Yozora though, as she is among people regularly during classes and such. Also, she didn't want to go to the pool first, but then reconsidered when she thought up a plan to thoroughly ruin Sena's fun. Seeing how much Sena wanted to go, she decided to first come along, just to leave again shortly after arriving under some pretense, for the sole reason of ruining Sena's fun of being at the pool.
There's a big difference between a classroom of students, and that ridiculous cramped squeeze from the theme bus to the swimming pool.

It's like calling someone's bluff on being claustrophobic by saying they lived indoors all the time- Its just not the same thing.

And why did you downplay Rika leaving? Is her presence not that important at all?
Old 2011-11-25, 21:23   Link #76
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVolf View Post
I really don't get the (over)reaction about the ending. They were sick. They left. What's wrong with that? Yet people are seeing it as if Yozora and Rika did it on purpose just to spoil everyone's fun. Oh I'm sorry. I meant Yozora. Rika did nothing wrong. Oh no. It's all Yozora's fault.

Sheesh.
Agree.....they were clearly uncomfortable, and it was the best for them to leave if they truly couldn't handle it. To give them a fair hand though, that bus and pool WAS really packed, so someone who's not use to being around so many people, that can be a hard thing to do. Hell, I don't like being in real packed places, so I can understand where they are coming from.
Old 2011-11-25, 22:07   Link #77
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Kobato striping naked in front of her bother and Sena yuri lolicon lust
Old 2011-11-25, 22:37   Link #78
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I'm adding Sena to the list of anime girls that I wish were real.
Old 2011-11-26, 03:17   Link #79
Eri-tan
Bored

I'll give this ep 8/10

It's kinda hard to believe that Kodaka can stand to see Kobato naked even though she's his sister. I mean, she's already in middle school, so, watching her undressing will usually make him embarassed. Well, put that aside.

It's another enjoyable episode for me as I got some lol when watching it. Finished w Yozora and Rika went home alone and Kodaka's last phrase, make me wonder what'll happen after that in some later episodes.
Old 2011-11-26, 03:34   Link #80
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brimstone View Post
And why did you downplay Rika leaving? Is her presence not that important at all?
It certainly doesn't seem to be to Kodaka and Sena. The main reason everybody is focusing on Yozora is that this is what they did in the show too. It's actually kinda sad that nobody gives a crap about Rika. I feel it wouldn't have mattered much to them if she had been the only one leaving.