AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Zero no Tsukaima

Notices

Old 2011-12-08, 13:32   Link #101
Darkbeat
'אין ייאוש בעולם כלל

It depends, as you say it can be rushed and/or have less significant bits missing. We also don't know from which part of the LN's story they will be starting.

The ZnT anime wasn't as bad as all that though. At least the first two seasons had some redeeming qualities, it was the third season that took the fanservice to a new extreme, sacrificing what remained of story and character development.

I'm going to remain hopeful about this season, not because I feel it won't be rushed, it almost certainly will, but this could also have the benefit of toning down fanservice etc so as to be able to fit more in.

Even if we don't get that (and I think we will), I'd be satisfied with a happy ending for Saito/Louise and really, anyone who considers themselves a fan of this show would probably agree. There really isn't that much else to it.

EDIT: To repeat myself: People are seeing the fact there's a lot of plot to cram into 1 cour as a bad thing. I think (assuming they stick to the source material as planned) this will significantly decrease fanservice and unimportant/uninteresting episodes and could be a blessing in disguise.
Darkbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 15:50   Link #102
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkbeat View Post
It depends, as you say it can be rushed and/or have less significant bits missing. We also don't know from which part of the LN's story they will be starting.

The ZnT anime wasn't as bad as all that though. At least the first two seasons had some redeeming qualities, it was the third season that took the fanservice to a new extreme, sacrificing what remained of story and character development.

I'm going to remain hopeful about this season, not because I feel it won't be rushed, it almost certainly will, but this could also have the benefit of toning down fanservice etc so as to be able to fit more in.

Even if we don't get that (and I think we will), I'd be satisfied with a happy ending for Saito/Louise and really, anyone who considers themselves a fan of this show would probably agree. There really isn't that much else to it.

EDIT: To repeat myself: People are seeing the fact there's a lot of plot to cram into 1 cour as a bad thing. I think (assuming they stick to the source material as planned) this will significantly decrease fanservice and unimportant/uninteresting episodes and could be a blessing in disguise.
You assume that they will eb faithful but what if its like the third season - thay also pushed plenty of novels into that cour but about half of them were anime original fanservice shit.

I can see it ahppening here too. The novels storyline coudl well take the seat and serve as only a background for more tits and explosions (those two are the main characters of ZnT as well as the main storyline).
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 16:04   Link #103
Darkbeat
'אין ייאוש בעולם כלל

Well, they've already said they will be faithful to the light novels, but keep in mind that Season 3 bombed pretty hard. They aren't making Season 4 for laughs, they actually want it to be successful, if for no other reason than to increase sales of the light novels/manga.

This is their own last chance to make the series end on a high note.
Old 2011-12-08, 17:09   Link #104
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

Quote:
Based on all the pictures of Louise in the roman nun outfit, its pretty obvious were they'll be starting.
Old 2011-12-08, 19:42   Link #105
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Well, they've already said they will be faithful to the light novels, but keep in mind that Season 3 bombed pretty hard.
You really think so?

I actually believe that season 2, actually flop-bombed.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 04:19   Link #106
Darkbeat
'אין ייאוש בעולם כלל

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
You really think so?

I actually believe that season 2, actually flop-bombed.
You could be right. I remember reading that season 3 had the worst ratings yet, but either which way they weren't good.
Old 2011-12-09, 09:07   Link #107
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Well, they've already said they will be faithful to the light novels, but keep in mind that Season 3 bombed pretty hard. They aren't making Season 4 for laughs, they actually want it to be successful, if for no other reason than to increase sales of the light novels/manga.

This is their own last chance to make the series end on a high note.
The season two was not so good comapred to season one and many thought the adjustmenets would be made, But it wasnt. It only became worse.

What is more every season claimed to follow the story but in reality they had in each cour around 3-4 episodes of anime original that took the place of the real story and focused on the bouncing boobs.

We had it in all seasons. I find it unrealistic to think that they somehow magically would stop being retards.

Trying to animate 10 volumes of novels in one cour is already a sign of bad sensible judgement, over-confidence in ones (or lack of) directing abilities and general dumbness - the typical signs of ZnT production staff.
Old 2011-12-09, 09:32   Link #108
Darkbeat
'אין ייאוש בעולם כלל

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
The season two was not so good comapred to season one and many thought the adjustmenets would be made, But it wasnt. It only became worse.

What is more every season claimed to follow the story but in reality they had in each cour around 3-4 episodes of anime original that took the place of the real story and focused on the bouncing boobs.

We had it in all seasons. I find it unrealistic to think that they somehow magically would stop being retards.

Trying to animate 10 volumes of novels in one cour is already a sign of bad sensible judgement, over-confidence in ones (or lack of) directing abilities and general dumbness - the typical signs of ZnT production staff.
Ok we get it, you don't like ZnT the anime.

We already know how much they intend to show this time round. There simply isn't enough room for 10 volumes of the light novels in 1 cour to begin with. But even if they did manage to fit it in, that leaves a hell of a lot less space for the rampant fanservice we've seen previously.

You can choose to believe the production staff or not. Personally I'm going to wait and judge this anime on it's own merits. If it's crap, no big loss. If it's good, you'd better have your crow ready. I'd imagine though it will probably fall somewhere in between the two.
Old 2011-12-09, 10:26   Link #109
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Ok we get it, you don't like ZnT the anime.

We already know how much they intend to show this time round. There simply isn't enough room for 10 volumes of the light novels in 1 cour to begin with. But even if they did manage to fit it in, that leaves a hell of a lot less space for the rampant fanservice we've seen previously.

You can choose to believe the production staff or not. Personally I'm going to wait and judge this anime on it's own merits. If it's crap, no big loss. If it's good, you'd better have your crow ready. I'd imagine though it will probably fall somewhere in between the two.
The cramming was already considered what they did in the past. I mean 4 volumes in one cour? Thats already cramming specially if you compare it to other animes. Spice and Wolf or Haruhi.

They WERE already cramming and look - they still had space for 4-3 anime original episodes of tit bouncing.

Just that they are doing even more stuff doesnt ensure that they will not be skipping an 85% of it just to cram in another few of anime only episodes about fanservice.

I mean in second season they skipped the novel volume 8 completely (ironically the volume 8 was/is considered one of the best ZnT novel volumes).

Why are you so sure that they wont skip two or more volumes completely just to show you some additional 60 minutes of tiffa boobs bouncing?

Just because they said they will be faithful? Come on. Thats what they keep on saying in one way or another since season number one.
Old 2011-12-10, 00:03   Link #110
AP24

Here's screenshots and a short PV of the new season:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QqFoibAQLQ
http://news.mynavi.jp/photo/news/201...mages/000l.jpg

Louise seems to be more kawaii than before.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 10:46   Link #111
Athena
The Power of One

The images feel nostalgic...
Old 2011-12-11, 08:02   Link #112
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
Here's screenshots and a short PV of the new season:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QqFoibAQLQ
http://news.mynavi.jp/photo/news/201...mages/000l.jpg

Louise seems to be more kawaii than before.
this only give clues so far that they are animating the galia war.
Old 2011-12-11, 17:00   Link #113
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
this only give clues so far that they are animating the galia war.
Maybe they wont animate the elves after it and just go for anime original ending screwing up most of the storyline (though as it is it is already pretty much screwed up anyway).

They would just call it following the novels general spirit and pretend as if they did the novels justice with anime original ending.
Old 2011-12-11, 17:22   Link #114
Darkbeat
'אין ייאוש בעולם כלל

Or you know, it could actually be good.

S4 is being directed by the same director as S1 and will supposedly stick to the light novel plot. You can believe this or not. I'll choose the "wait and see" option and judge this season on it's own merits.
Old 2011-12-12, 10:50   Link #115
tsunade666

but it's 1 cour and the volumes that need to be animated are near 10 books. I don't see them animating the elves arc at all >.>
Old 2011-12-12, 20:12   Link #116
Animelover#1
Kouta...

Just finished Re-watching the series. Just watch last episode today, Searched on "news" for zero no tsukaima, and found this:
Zero no Tsukaima Series 4
I don't read an awful lot of manga, I prefer to watch anime, and despite what anyone says, this is one of the best anime in my opinion. Since the main character is likeable and useful, The show is serious yet fun. Not to mention I love fantasy setting.
Well, yeah, enjoy! Best news I could've hoped for.
Animelover#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-13, 05:41   Link #117
tsunade666

lol Saito useful well he goes from one girl to another. He is a good start of not a legendary dense and an on going MC who actually learn to fight and become capable and not just depending on his ability.
Old 2011-12-13, 16:01   Link #118
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Or you know, it could actually be good.

S4 is being directed by the same director as S1 and will supposedly stick to the light novel plot. You can believe this or not. I'll choose the "wait and see" option and judge this season on it's own merits.
So far I was always critical about the staff and always thought that the new season will be worse than the one before.

Guess what? Havent been dissapointed so far.

But maybe with new directors they would not suck as hard as usual. But it still seems impossible for them to do the Elves arc. I would bet on anime original ending that only 'follows the spirit' (or other absurdly abstract words that basically means that they are not following a shit) of the novels rather than a real following of the plot.

And for your info S1 director was pretty bad. he was one of the reasons why the S2 and S3 had to include more original material (which never was as deep and good as novel stuff) because S1 director made the changes that eventually kept on growing and came to bite this series in the ass in the other seasons (as tehy had to invent the anime original stuff to cover things up which did not work at all).
Old 2011-12-22, 15:34   Link #119
Jouzin
Haruhi and Louise fan :)

Hmm long time of my absence...

And first news I see... are great news.

My favourite anime will have 4th season.

Yeah and hurray.
I will see my beloved Louise again

Air TV and Air the movie best anime I have ever seen
Jouzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 21:54   Link #120
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

Another season? Probably just to wrap things up and finish the story, after seasons 2 and 3 practically dragged the series down the drain, too many fanservices in my opinion. Lets just hope it ends well and prevent disappointments again.
KyriaL is offline   Reply With Quote