AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-03-26, 20:38   Link #2861
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
Oh yeah, the second OST is going to be awesome. Overall, the entire soundtrack is already better than the original LE.
Yeah I agree, she really outdid herself with the new LE's music, what an epic and majestic soundtrack, and that's even with the first season's OST being no slouch in the least. These two LE's have two of my favorite OSTs ever.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 23:08   Link #2862
MeggieMay

Well I watched the end of LE: Fam, so here are my thoughts (I guess I'll spoiler protect them for anyone who's watching it later than the norm

Spoiler for Impressions of this episode:

Spoiler for Top moments and one thing that I really didn't like:

Spoiler for more Positives:

Spoiler for negatives:

Spoiler for Overall Thoughts and random stuff:
MeggieMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-27, 02:08   Link #2863
LystAP

After some reflection, I just realized.

Spoiler for The Grand Exile:
LystAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-27, 03:29   Link #2864
goodrevolution

I just watched the last episode today and I have mixed feelings about the series.
Can someone please clarify for me, what exactly was Luscinia's plan with the grand exile? I got the gist of it but the episode didn't really state what it was and now I'm confused as to what he was trying to achieve all this time
goodrevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-27, 04:41   Link #2865
Ashaman

Well, after all that I have just one question.

Spoiler for End:

Cause really, that's all I care about from the ending.
Old 2012-03-27, 05:17   Link #2866
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
Spoiler for End:
Because it seems that one needs both a pilot and a navi, and Dio didn't have the latter. Take note the lack of another person in the back seat likely makes a vanship much lighter, as that's anywhere from a 30 to 50 kg reduction in weight.
Old 2012-03-27, 06:48   Link #2867
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodrevolution View Post
I just watched the last episode today and I have mixed feelings about the series.
Can someone please clarify for me, what exactly was Luscinia's plan with the grand exile? I got the gist of it but the episode didn't really state what it was and now I'm confused as to what he was trying to achieve all this time
Luscinia's plan was scaring the shit out of everybody, destroy all military, than call himself master of all Earth under puppet Sara to send everybody back in space. Then he saw his Grand Exile was failing apart and said screw it. He let Fam take Sara away before the ship crashed, hoping that others will be able to keep the "peace". He wanted to send everybody in space because that's what the plan 600 years ago and it was never done. Considering the Grand Exile wasn't finished, he probably was totally wrong on what happened and lots of other things...

Although, I have the feeling that ending was supposed to be symbolic of old traditions dying to leave place for new ones.
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-27, 09:56   Link #2868
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
Anyways, I give this "second season" a 7/10, if only because the ship battles and sound track were still fantastic. Everything else was pretty meh.
Old 2012-03-27, 13:32   Link #2869
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Can someone direct or explain how many "Last Exile" ships there are? on episode 19 and dio explain the enemy fears his Exile (the original series I guess)
Old 2012-03-27, 17:01   Link #2870
LystAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
Then he saw his Grand Exile was failing apart and said screw it. He let Fam take Sara away before the ship crashed, hoping that others will be able to keep the "peace".
Spoiler for truth:
LystAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-27, 18:05   Link #2871
E_I
Yuri fan

Why...
Spoiler for Claus:
E_I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-27, 18:15   Link #2872
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by E_I View Post
Why...
Spoiler for Claus:
Likely because of something that will happen in the Travelers from the Hourglass manga. I suspect the remnants of the Earth Guild will have something to do with it.
Old 2012-03-27, 18:25   Link #2873
E_I
Yuri fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Likely because of something that will happen in the Travelers from the Hourglass manga. I suspect the remnants of the Earth Guild will have something to do with it.
So it's a way to get people to read the manga then? The scene is so jarring I was all "Whaaaaaaa?"
E_I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-27, 18:30   Link #2874
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
So it's a way to get people to read the manga then? The scene is so jarring I was all "Whaaaaaaa?"
To be fair attacking the Earth Guild's fortress with just one Anatoray fighter vanship is asking for trouble already.
Old 2012-03-27, 19:08   Link #2875
MeggieMay

Quote:
Why...
Spoiler for Claus:
No one knows! However, you aren't misremembering - whatever happened didn't happen in the first series. There is a manga going on at the moment and the best guess is that it will tell what happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LystAP View Post
Spoiler for truth:
I think you have a good point on this LystAP. However, I'm still not sure this is really what the plan was

Spoiler for plan??:

Anyway, I'd like to talk more, at some point, about the overall feeling I have about this plot being a pre-ordained/fate type of plot. I won't be doing it here because I'm still trying to straighten up my thoughts on it. However, I'll do a quick tease - I think this is the reason, from early on, that some of us kept getting the Gundam SEED Destiny vibe. I've always felt that the "bad guys are really right and will win in the end" was the original ending planned for GSD before the behind the scenes trouble hit on that show (i.e. Morasawa lost control on the writing and to this day who knows who actually wrote the ending of that series). I know with Gundam SEED Morasawa and Fukuda were on record as saying they borrowed ideas from Korean Soap Operas so I have to wonder if the "bad guys are really right and will win in the end" was also borrowed from some place - particularly now that Last Exile Fam has used it as well. While LE:Fam could have seen GSD and thought "wow, good idea lets go and do that again and go all the way to the end with it" I actually don't think that's what happened - more likely is both sets of writers are pulling from a mutual sources and that's what is making want know more about the use of this type of plot and where it comes from.
Old 2012-03-27, 19:11   Link #2876
MeggieMay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
To be fair attacking the Earth Guild's fortress with just one Anatoray fighter vanship is asking for trouble already.
To be even fairer, asking video viewers to be also following a manga, let alone one that isn't finished or even up to the point in it where the incident in question has yet to happen, is rather unfair to the viewers . We'd all better hope that they actually finish the Hourglass manga, as well. If the show didn't do that well in Japan, then the manga could be pulled without notice due to lack of interest and then we'll never find out how it happened .
Old 2012-03-27, 20:39   Link #2877
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
I'm on chapter 7 so far. One would thought it will be a transition from the 1st series to Last Exile: Fam, but there some awkward romance confirmation in it

Worth to read if your a fan~
Old 2012-03-27, 22:09   Link #2878
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Funi subs are out.

The last episode felt a lot better watching the second time. I guess I don't have anything else to say for now.

BTW, did all the Ades ships get dismantled or just the ones from the first fleet?
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-27, 22:45   Link #2879
Graveyard Duck
Bag Giver

I assume it's either all or most of them, since the fat nobleman that was dangling from one of the claudia engines is probably not part of the first fleet.
Graveyard Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-27, 23:27   Link #2880
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Yeah I guess you are right. I also assume that it was only the Ades that have to disarmed, while Anatoray and everyone else kept their fleets intact.

I think Kayvan being alive is just Gonzo trolling.

Oh yeah, I never saw any of Anatoray's ships getting destroyed.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, science fiction