AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Aquarion EVOL - Episode 26 [End] Rating
Perfect 10 25 27.47%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 17.58%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 7.69%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 13.19%
6 out of 10 : Average 10 10.99%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 6 6.59%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 2.20%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 2.20%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 11 12.09%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-28, 08:47   Link #381
Destined_Fate

The only ones that knowingly suffered because of the 12,000 promise was Kagura, Zessica, and Mykage.
Old 2012-06-28, 09:11   Link #382
Sixth
Hu Tao

Ummmm...how old is Crea anyways?

Well, I guess it is a decent ending for this series. Too bad that I won't able to see more Crea in the next week. Good thing is Crea actually has a lot of screen time for a compensation, and I very happy with that. So, Crea's power is Teleport? Nice ability that she got.

Again, why is Crea so freaking cute. I really want to bite her now.
Old 2012-06-28, 09:45   Link #383
Destined_Fate

Crea apparently has been watching Apollonius since he was alive. They never say who she really was at that time.
Old 2012-06-28, 13:44   Link #384
Thess

In the Greek-Roman mythology that Kawamori found inspiration for. Don't you think that...

Apollonius = Zeus.
Touma = Hera.

A little?

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2012-06-28, 14:31   Link #385
Destined_Fate

Zues had many loves though and he dropped them with a bat of an eye. Apollonius loved Touma but than loved Celiane and hasn't loved anyone else ever since. Unless he went with Sophie because she looks like Celiane.
Old 2012-06-28, 14:45   Link #386
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
In the Greek-Roman mythology that Kawamori found inspiration for. Don't you think that...

Apollonius = Zeus.
Touma = Hera.

A little?
I see it. Zeus fooled around on Hera and Hera took it out on Zeus's bastard demigod children. Apollonius fooled around on Touma with a human and Touma took out his vengeance on humans. He was inspired by Greek mythology to say the least.

Some people feel that Apollonius/Fudo is an avatar for Kawamori. Apollonius sat on his ass and let other people sort out the problem he caused, instead choosing to be more of a mentor/observer, just like Zeus in some stories.

Still doesn't explain how the story-telling of Evol ended up so inconsistent and all the other flaws of the show.

But then again maybe Kawamori just sat back and observed like Apollonius/Zeus?
Old 2012-06-28, 14:54   Link #387
Destined_Fate

Problem is that Touma was already wiping out humans alongside Apollonius before Apollonius scorned his love for a human. He always saw humans as inferior, this just added another reason to a long list of reasons.
Old 2012-06-28, 15:35   Link #388
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Zues had many loves though and he dropped them with a bat of an eye. Apollonius loved Touma but than loved Celiane and hasn't loved anyone else ever since. Unless he went with Sophie because she looks like Celiane.
I was thinking about Sophia. We don't know how many night stands Apollonius had in 24.000 years. Do remember he ever ditched Celiane and his daughter Alisia by tricking them into believing he died.

He's the jerk-higher-up who caused trouble with his affairs. Touma was the long-suffering wife who took his rage on the said lovers and offsprings yet keeps his love/hate for his eternal partner.

I didn't mean Kawamori borrowed their stories exactly, but he had some inspiration.

Quote:
Problem is that Touma was already wiping out humans alongside Apollonius before Apollonius scorned his love for a human. He always saw humans as inferior, this just added another reason to a long list of reasons.
Most Olympian gods in Greek Mythology saw humans as inferior (unless they were pretty, etc). Remember the one who made them was the Titan Prometheus (with Athena's help). Secondly, Touma was never as bad as Apollonius until he was cheated on. They needed humans as nourishment, but Apollonius was the angel of slaughter. Fits Zeus since he was needlessly jerkish with mankind when he wasn't lazy.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2012-06-28, 23:13   Link #389
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Crea apparently has been watching Apollonius since he was alive. They never say who she really was at that time.
She has been watching Fudo all this time.

Her abilities and various hints is that she is Rena.

One theory is that Rena is part of Apollonius. When Mykage first appeared he asked where Fudo kept his real body. Remember the interview said somebody would be split between soul, heart and body.
Spoiler for Apollo calling Rena, Fudo as Rena:

In Aquarion's second episode Rena bit a panicking Apollo and she had a vision of Apollonius. The Apollonius personality takes over Apollo responding to a calling. In episode 16 Apollo calls on Rena to stop hiding and join them. We see Apollon howling and the same Apollonius vision responding with Rena saying Apollo. In the same episode Rena is revealed to have lived since the 19th century. This means she's not human as Elements, human mutants with Psi powers, did not manifest til the Great Incident.

In Cosplay for the Soul Fudo can convincingly disguise himself as Rena.

Rena is always depicted as the one who can read the Book of Genesis which was written by Alicia, daughter of Apollonius and Celiane also Sirius and Silvia's ancestor. Rena is also the one who pointed Silvia to Apollo's direction at the end of the OVA and the beginning of the series. There were hints that OVA Apollo, Silvia and Reika reincarnated to their TV selves in another universe. Silvia accidentally saying her destined lover is Apollo.

When Apollonius died his body disappeared. But his soul remained in Aquarion. Touma believed that Apollo was some spiritual remnant that reincarnated. We actually see this in the souls of Apollo, Sirius and Touma which are still inside the Aquarion. But having regrets part of their souls reincarnate. For Apollo it is Amata, for Touma it became Mykage.

Another popular theory is that Rena/Crea is actually Alicia.
Old 2012-06-29, 06:05   Link #390
Amata Sora

I reeeaaly wanna see the directors cut
Old 2012-06-29, 07:53   Link #391
Qilin
Romanticist

After a long wait, I managed to complete this series at last.

I won't go through the trouble of salvaging this train wreck of a plot, but I have to give it credit for its sheer entertainment value. In that regard, this final episode performed beautifully, particularly the second half of it. Setting aside the inconsistent characterization of certain characters and the lack of resolution for its subplots, the episode managed to live up the show's standard of gut-busting stupidity, which is probably all any Aquarion episode needs to be entertaining in the slightest.

All-in-all, it was a pretty fun ride, but too much of it could be bad for me.
Old 2012-06-30, 18:27   Link #392
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Today, I'm experiencing a downpour of anime I'm finishing up for the spring season that today comes to an end.

The 2011-2012 period will be best remembered by anime fans for being the period that lots of sequels (prequels) to nostalgic anime that we watched at most a decade ago got released.

While watching the ending to Fate Zero before this one got me delighted, the same I cannot spoke to the ending of Aquarion EVOL's ending.

I mean with the last episode they went to the same great lengths to build the pacing for the last battle and the imminent Armaggedon twist just like in the ending of the first Aquarion, but something backfired on the ending to EVOL.
Spoiler:

I guess the sequel couldn't live up 100% to the original, although it delivered a blazing start with its first double-episode, one hour broadcast.

I feel there was something missing, and even the pacing for the last episode got rushed up. I mean in a matter of moments the Armaggedon is averted through Mikono and Amata's union when just before Mikage was about to make the two worlds collide.

So, basically, everything that transpired in this season's plot happened because either of Apollonius neglect to reacquaint himself with Toma's love, or Mikage going apeshit with unhealthy levels of obsession to wreak revenge out of heartbreak for everyone that played him for a fool twice over 24,000 years.

Mmmmh....
The sequel could have ended on a bit of more dramatic note for me.

Although amongst the failed the anime sequels that I've watched during the 2011-2012 period, Aquarion EVOL somehow manages to score lots of wining points on me.
Old 2012-07-01, 23:33   Link #393
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

The passion! The screaming hot love! The Reversal that we've guessed from the start!

The fixed pacing! The flying punches! And did I say PUNCHES!!!!!

Aquarion EVOL might not be better than the original, but the fact that I feel like screaming just as much means its succeeded.
Old 2012-07-14, 23:43   Link #394
Kyuu
=^^=

Well. This series started off well. However, this ending is about as cliche ridden as anything else that I've seen, where cliches dominate the last bunch of episodes.

However, this one is chock full of gay. WTF man.
Old 2012-08-18, 05:52   Link #395
angel8

Tomorrow project the director's cut (an ending with deleted scenes, a larger final)
Old 2012-08-18, 06:11   Link #396
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by angel8 View Post
Tomorrow project the director's cut (an ending with deleted scenes, a larger final)
Sure?????? Coz I'll bet I'll be watching
Old 2012-08-18, 09:58   Link #397
genjo sanzo

it will be shown during Love Max, a special AE celebration somewhere in Japan. The director's cut will be included in the last dvd, on sale in November.
Hopefully we'll get spoilers next week and maybe a third series announcement, well this in my dreams
Old 2012-08-18, 15:31   Link #398
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

I'm open to a third installment in the series. They should learn from the mistakes they made with Evol (writing, character development, storytelling, etc.)

But that being said, how do they set up another Aquarion sequel?
Old 2012-08-18, 16:39   Link #399
Destined_Fate

Easy, make it about someone making Fudo pay... Though no reincarnated Amata or Mikono, they aren't good enough for a sequel to Evol. Zessica and Kagura along with Jin coming back as a Ghost to be with his loli would sell way better.
Old 2012-08-18, 17:37   Link #400
mayumi

if the reincarnations are in hands of kada as a writer, i rather there never be a sequal. we will get zessica's reincarnation to have mikono's personality cause kawamori will think mikono is the kind of girls guys like.
Closed Thread