AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2013-02-20, 06:18   Link #1
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

[Manga] Naruto Chapter 621 Discussion Thread

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting someone else's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-20, 06:21   Link #2
Bombo
TSF Fans

No one should Underestimates First hokage !!!!
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-20, 06:22   Link #3
Kenu
magoi, magoi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombo View Post
No one should Underestimates First hokage !!!!
Otherwise he will slap you silly with a thousand hands!
Kenu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-20, 06:25   Link #4
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Armour-Kyubi kicks ass!
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-20, 06:33   Link #5
ImperialFlameGod8190

sorry but this latest chapter was again really dumb sorry we don't need all these flashbacks we need action at least IMO
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-20, 06:55   Link #6
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
sorry but this latest chapter was again really dumb sorry we don't need all these flashbacks we need action at least IMO
I don't understand. This chapter gives you action in the form of Hashirama and Madara's fight, and your complain is "we need action"?

Anyway, good chapter. It shows us something new (armored Kurama) and some revealing stuff (Madara & Hashirama were childhood friends/rivals). And Goddamn Hashirama! He summons a Buddha with thousands of hands which is a lot bigger than Kurama itself!

Btw, kid-Hashirama looks like Gai-sensei.
Old 2013-02-20, 06:55   Link #7
shalala

Sooooo who else thinks that Naruto and Sasuke will be teaming up to also do that armor kyuubi combo as I sure am thinking that.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-20, 07:16   Link #8
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

^ Yeah. It reminds me of the last jutsu Tsunade used to fight Edo Madara.
Old 2013-02-20, 07:38   Link #9
ronin myael
lost ronin

i was liking this chapter until the flashback goes to when they were kids and it totally reminded me of sasuke and naruto, and jiraiya and oro. so madara and hashirama were like sasuke and naruto, and jiraiya and oro in their day. and then there's kakashi and obito as well. how many parallels do we need in this manga? i have no problems with madara and hashirama being compared to sasuke and naruto, that has been established long ago, but do they have to be childhood friends turned enemies too?

Last edited by ronin myael; 2013-02-20 at 07:56.
ronin myael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-20, 07:43   Link #10
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I'm more interessted in what happened with Hashirama's face.
This jutsu made his face look a bit like the clan crest, so maybe we finally learn their special Jutsu. (shouldn`t be coincidence)
It's Sage-mode.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-20, 07:53   Link #11
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

that thousand-hands summon.... omg....

and armored-kyuubi.... I think Madara can do the same to his beloved Juubi...
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-20, 08:03   Link #12
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
It's Sage-mode.
If it’s true then I wonder from what animal he learned it from. From Katsuyu’s slug tribe? Or maybe he learned it by himself?
Old 2013-02-20, 08:46   Link #13
Kenu
magoi, magoi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
If it’s true then I wonder from what animal he learned it from. From Katsuyu’s slug tribe? Or maybe he learned it by himself?
Who knows.. probably just another arse-pull no jutsu.

It's impressive no doubt. But the way the jutsu's are pulled out of thin air one after the other without real meaning is where the story is let down.

If Hashirama was wounded and at a severe disadvantage, by giving Madara all benefit of the doubt that he no longer treasures their friendship, then after all that pulls out the Thousand Palms of Budda no jutsu, I'd be happy with that.

But Hashirama arse-pulls this one out without breaking a sweat. Impressive, but completely cheapens all sorts of jutsu before in the story.
Kenu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-20, 09:07   Link #14
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenu View Post

It's impressive no doubt. But the way the jutsu's are pulled out of thin air one after the other without real meaning is where the story is let down.

If Hashirama was wounded and at a severe disadvantage, by giving Madara all benefit of the doubt that he no longer treasures their friendship, then after all that pulls out the Thousand Palms of Budda no jutsu, I'd be happy with that.

But Hashirama arse-pulls this one out without breaking a sweat. Impressive, but completely cheapens all sorts of jutsu before in the story.
I dont know...it was mentioned that this was not the first fight to the death that they have had...assuming izuna death the catalyst, their friendship likely had been falling apart for sometime (izuna may have died by a notable senjus hand...). in addition, in this particular encounter madara was laying out some fairly impressive "one and done" maneuvering...imo hashirama did not need much more to pull out all the stops. if anything this just shows that madara perhaps didnt have much of a chance before now.

also, considering the size of that sage summon which seems to be comparable to the size of the juubi, i am really excited for this little history lesson to go full circle...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus_Prime View Post
shodai's older right?

i get the feeling that hash and madara may have been good friends a very long time ago...
"he was right about it being an immoral jutsu..." madara said this
Old 2013-02-20, 11:23   Link #15
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
this is a ridiculous comment... wanting action after seeing the 2 most powerful ninja in known history fight each other with such top tier techniques?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
i am wondering the same thing. does this mean there are more than 3 sage modes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenu View Post

if anyone should be using sage mode, it's hashirama. he is the embodiment of nature chakra
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-20, 11:40   Link #16
mrShady

It's pretty lame though how Kishi has retconned Hashirama these last few chapters. He just upped his strength by a 1000 compared to his first edo summoning. Current Naruto (who's a Jinchuuriki) would be creamed by him.
He made both Madara and Hashirama too powerful that it messes up the story. How is it possible that a Madara Hashirama alliance did not conquer the Ninja world?
I just get the feeling that Kishi wrote himself into a corner and pulled a Kubo and just decided not to care about some plot holes.

It was an enjoyable chapter, though it didn't need the flashback in the flashback. Still this fight is going to be awesome when animated.
mrShady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-20, 11:59   Link #17
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrShady View Post
It's pretty lame though how Kishi has retconned Hashirama these last few chapters. He just upped his strength by a 1000 compared to his first edo summoning. Current Naruto (who's a Jinchuuriki) would be creamed by him.
He made both Madara and Hashirama too powerful that it messes up the story. How is it possible that a Madara Hashirama alliance did not conquer the Ninja world?
I just get the feeling that Kishi wrote himself into a corner and pulled a Kubo and just decided not to care about some plot holes.

It was an enjoyable chapter, though it didn't need the flashback in the flashback. Still this fight is going to be awesome when animated.
i dont really understand retconning...
did the author of DBZ retcon Goku because he wasn't originally introduced as a super saiyan?
hashirama wasnt brought back at his full strength the first time...
Old 2013-02-20, 12:08   Link #18
mrShady

Quote:
did the author of DBZ retcon Goku because he wasn't originally introduced as a super saiyan?
He was never said to be the strongest Hokage nor did anyone ever mention him as something god like (only his wood powers and him dividing the bijuus was mentioned). Yet here we are with these land changing jutsus that are completely dwarfing pain's destruction of Konoha. So yes it's retconning to the extreme.
I like the action, but it's just weird how powerful these 2 are.
mrShady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-20, 12:09   Link #19
itachi-san314

Quote:
hashirama's strength is a retcon and so is/will be the injection of the senju clan. it's a retcon since it alters what we know of the past. namely that hashirama wasn't that strong when orochimaru ET'd him. retcons aren't bad necessarily, they just shed new light on what has already been shown to us in the past. itachi's good nature was also a retcon, but it works out pretty well considering how many chapters had already passed in the manga. the senju stuff though, is a bit much and doesn't entirely make sense. i think kishi did write himself into a hole with that one. he never should have made hashirama the only senju to use mokuton and have that lifeforce. it's fine if he was the best, but he shouldn't have been the only. and his power is too overwhelming. the story began with each generation surpassing their elders. this is the exact opposite. and we still need a retcon explanation for what happened to the senju
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-20, 12:12   Link #20
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
These type of overpowered DBZ level fights don't really work in the manga and can really only be appreciated in the anime. It is just hard to follow the action. I am actually glad it is over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrShady View Post
Kishi has been in fanservice mode for a while.

Betting anything Mito becomes important in the next chapter. You got the goofy guy with the heart of gold and the grumpy genius. Time for the girl they both like.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote