AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2014-01-16, 13:14   Link #181
Key Board
Carbon

Off topic, but Nagi no Asukara kinda reminds me of White Album 2 now...

if they skipped Closing and went straight to Coda

kinda.. It's not just a love a triangle, but a love polygon. (unnecessarily?) complex?
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-21, 09:59   Link #182
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free View Post
Ando was on the radio this week. He says he doesn't know about a season two either.

The poor guy kept on apologizing, mentioned specifically the bad visual quality, somewhat implied that the BD ver will have fixes, and confirmed that epi07 will have a even better upgrade than its nico ver.
lol, and he was getting attacked in if they decided to make next season which route will he take lol

@Mazryonrh
in ep 7 in minute 03:07, you can see Chiaki in her costume at the back near the symphonia girl

@Keyboard
well the complexity may resemble a bit, but I guess it still give different feelings... and the development of Hikari is better than Haruki IMO
Leon_Lelouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-21, 21:56   Link #183
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon_Lelouch View Post
in ep 7 in minute 03:07, you can see Chiaki in her costume at the back near the symphonia girl
That's a really strange costume Chiaki is wearing. Then again, Chiaki doesn't have a very distinctive face or hairstyle, so I suppose they had to make her stand out somehow. I've never seen Symphogear, though; which characters from that show made cameos in WA2?
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-22, 20:25   Link #184
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Wow, I can see the difficulty of adapting the script for CC+Coda if they decide to greenlight a second season. It looks like a clusterfsk waiting to happen, especially how I get the feeling that many players think that Kasuza's True end is the "proper" ending... But how the heck is that going to work if you use Setsuna's route for the "meat" of the season? This will just make Haruki seem like a (bigger) jerk for it.
Old 2014-01-22, 21:57   Link #185
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Wow, I can see the difficulty of adapting the script for CC+Coda if they decide to greenlight a second season. It looks like a clusterfsk waiting to happen, especially how I get the feeling that many players think that Kasuza's True end is the "proper" ending... But how the heck is that going to work if you use Setsuna's route for the "meat" of the season? This will just make Haruki seem like a (bigger) jerk for it.
Shouldn't this go into the WA2 anime discussion?

In any case, here's a possibility no one here seems to be considering. Remember a Satelight staff member tweeted a keyframe of Kazusa in her CODA disguise? Unless that was done for fun, then it's perfectly possible that Satelight is planning on skipping CC entirely (since that doesn't feature Kazusa interacting with Haruki in any way) and capitalizing on the Kazusa/Haruki/Setsuna triangle by going straight to CODA.

Given the economic climate in Japan (they are still in their "never-ending lost decade") it could be that, instead of looking to make an omnibus adaptation of CC (which would take a lot of prep time, money, and airing time), skipping the CC arc could save them money they don't have access to and let them finish the story. I doubt the CC heroines have anywhere near as much fans as the two main heroines either.
Old 2014-01-22, 22:29   Link #186
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Given how CC+Coda details came up, it's not like I could talk about this in the anime thread anyway. ^^;
Old 2014-01-23, 00:19   Link #187
Mazryonh

Quote:
Given how CC+Coda details came up, it's not like I could talk about this in the anime thread anyway. ^^;
You were talking about the difficulty of animating CC and CODA as the second season of the anime. I thought that would make it more suited for the anime discussion thread.

In any case, Haruki will seem like a jerk of epic proportions for his neglect/rejection of Setsuna in the anime adaptation of any route outside of Setsuna True and Setsuna's CC route. That impression will only grow stronger if they use an omnibus adaptation for CC, because each time Haruki shacks up with a CC heroine, the viewers get to see Setsuna's heartbreak all over again.
Old 2014-01-23, 00:44   Link #188
Meltyred

I would laugh if they use the cheating route so u can have Kazusa and Setsuna.
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-23, 15:48   Link #189
bones

Hmm,, well at that point there was no way out for him than to be a jerk. His relationship with Setsuna was a train wreck. The only thing he could do was burn the whole thing to the ground
bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-23, 20:50   Link #190
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

I need to ask actual players to help fill out the White Album 2 page with entries. Honestly, with a season's worth of episodes AND the game itself, it's shameful that the entry is pretty much a stub. When my entry for Mikakunin de Shinkoukei is much LONGER than the entry for a 30+ hour Visual Novel, then you know something's wrong.

As an anime-only watcher, there's only so much I can do, as most of the details I get are second-hand, and as such prone to misinformation.

Please help.
Old 2014-01-25, 07:09   Link #191
Key Board
Carbon

http://harusuki.net/article/85934357.html
http://aquaplus.jp/wa2vita/special/index.html

White Album 2 Mini-After Story
after story epilogue for Setsuna and Kazusa
doesn't mention other girls. Sorry

Well, fans have been waiting quite a while for some kind of fan disc and its finally here.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-25, 08:17   Link #192
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Always leery of fandiscs, as they're almost always just an excuse to make a threesome happen. ^^;

That said, Tropes entry updated. ^^;

Last edited by Myssa Rei; 2014-01-25 at 08:31.
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-25, 10:45   Link #193
Mazryonh

Quote:
Always leery of fandiscs, as they're almost always just an excuse to make a threesome happen. ^^;
Yep, everyone loves h-scene appends/fanservice scenes in fan discs. Just you wait: if there isn't a fandisc featuring "winning sequences" with the main heroines in their campus festival costumes ("So much bare flesh," in the words of Kazusa), there will almost certainly be doujinshi made for that kind of situation.

On a more story-relevant note, I wonder if it would be "in-character" for Kazusa to treat Haruki as her "fleshly muse" for her music in the Kazusa True route. Isn't it implied that she put her frustration over leaving Haruki behind in IC into her music? Maybe if the two of them indulged in a bit of passion before her performances she could put that passion into her live music. The music rags would all be wondering about where she gets such "fiery passion" to put into her music, and why she always seems a bit flushed during every performance and always walks slowly on and off the stage . . .

On a side note, I remember someone posted up some info on a cellphone game based on WA2. Does winning at such "touch the screen in time with the music" minigames (seen below) help you at all in this game?

Old 2014-01-25, 19:37   Link #194
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
Yep, everyone loves h-scene appends/fanservice scenes in fan discs.
Like I said, they're always just excuses to enable threesomes, even if it's supposed to be technically impossible for such a thing to happen. While I'm expecting spirited baby-making in Setsuna's After-Story for example, I will NOT be surprised if Leaf somehow connives to let her share Haruki in the end. I mean, she loves BOTH of them right?

It happened in the To Heart 2 special after all...
Old 2014-01-25, 19:49   Link #195
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Except that you guys (Myssa Rei and Mazryonh) have not been paying attention, because that news was on the website for the vita game. Meaning the mini after story will be all-ages.

Plus fandiscs and after stories are not always the same thing.

edit: So you actually have to buy lots of WA2 merchandise to actually get the disc
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-25, 20:24   Link #196
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

And it would be weird that the PC-playing segment would be left out of this, is what I'm saying. The ero must flow...

Oh, and as usual, I need help filling out entries, specifically the Awesome Music Entry. Can't really open up Youtube here at work, but if it's possible to name and link the tracks used in the anime or game that you think merit inclusion, it would be a great help.

Last edited by Myssa Rei; 2014-01-25 at 21:13.
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-26, 03:00   Link #197
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
And it would be weird that the PC-playing segment would be left out of this, is what I'm saying. The ero must flow...

Oh, and as usual, I need help filling out entries, specifically the Awesome Music Entry. Can't really open up Youtube here at work, but if it's possible to name and link the tracks used in the anime or game that you think merit inclusion, it would be a great help.
The "pc-playing element" is left out because it was meant for as a sales promotion for several WA2 merchandise (almost the whole set of the radio cd's or the blu-ray concert and the vocal collection to get one of the after stories, both if you have all of it)
Old 2014-01-26, 06:51   Link #198
Mazryonh

Quote:
While I'm expecting spirited baby-making in Setsuna's After-Story for example, I will NOT be surprised if Leaf somehow connives to let her share Haruki in the end. I mean, she loves BOTH of them right?

It happened in the To Heart 2 special after all...
Yep, Setsuna seems hellbent throughout her story in making her own happy family, so I'm sure she'd like to start giving her parents some grandchildren.

The To Heart 2 fandisc gave ero-gamers a "take 'em both" option with the two most popular heroines, being Tamaki Kousaka and Konomi Yuzuhara, so yes, Leaf has done such a thing before.

If the WA2 writers wanted to include such a "titillate the fans and pay the bills" option, they could easily start from after the Campus Festival Concert. They just have to make Haruki wake up after Kazusa's kiss and then Setsuna bursts into the room after they start to "upgrade" their relationship. You have to admit that h-scene appends for eroge do sell well, and I'm expecting that Leaf will make some focussing on the various outfits that the main heroines wear throughout the story. I mean, if the various CC heroines can have h-scenes based on their commonly-fetishized outfits, such as Chiaki in her Miss Santa outfit, Koharu in her "totally-not-based-on-Anna-Miller's" waitress outfit, and Mari in her "office lady" clothes, then why not the main heroines?

Quote:
Indeed the ero must flow, or otherwise eroge developers wouldn't be putting out h-material by the terabyte every year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
The "pc-playing element" is left out because it was meant for as a sales promotion for several WA2 merchandise (almost the whole set of the radio cd's or the blu-ray concert and the vocal collection to get one of the after stories, both if you have all of it)
So the players of the 18+ version are left out in the cold? That's too bad. I was expecting to see Kazusa True with an h-scene append to "make up" for the period of abstinence she and Haruki had before leaving Japan.
Old 2014-01-26, 07:44   Link #199
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
So the players of the 18+ version are left out in the cold? That's too bad. I was expecting to see Kazusa True with an h-scene append to "make up" for the period of abstinence she and Haruki had before leaving Japan.

Are you seriously only in on WA2 for H-scenes?
Old 2014-01-26, 08:06   Link #200
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

A lot of people come for the drama, true, but the ero does spice things up a bit.

Again, it's not like this didn't happen before in the previous games that the company had produced over the years. The To Heart 2 fandisc example by the way, was simply ridiculous -- it took an amnesia to expand the possible "targets" including Konomi's mom, as well as enable the Threesome path.