AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Old 2013-04-26, 01:41   Link #1081
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Nah, he doesn't seem like the womanizing type. James Bond is a pure lady's man.
You know what I mean. Essentially he is a REAL supersoldier. Far too many anime have supersoldier characters being too normal. Here L-Elf has both the reputation and the skills to back it up.

The man is dangerous. Genuinely dangerous. He can probably take on his entire former team mates by himself, despite similar training. They did say in ep 1 he tends to steal all the kills before anyone else gets to do anything.
Old 2013-04-26, 01:44   Link #1082
Destined_Fate

So you mean he's like Sousuke from FMP in a way....

If they go that route for him in the school stuff for this anime than there are going to have a ton of memorable and hilarious moments. Though I don't see anyone really being his Chidori as none of the girls have that personality to fit it.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 01:47   Link #1083
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
You know what I mean. Essentially he is a REAL supersoldier. Far too many anime have supersoldier characters being too normal. Here L-Elf has both the reputation and the skills to back it up.

The man is dangerous. Genuinely dangerous. He can probably take on his entire former team mates by himself, despite similar training. They did say in ep 1 he tends to steal all the kills before anyone else gets to do anything.
James Bond isn't a super soldier though. I think Jason Bourne is a much better comparison, since he actually uses traps and plans.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 03:08   Link #1084
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

this anime has more cliches and generic archetypes than any parody anime i can think of, but it does have some sweet animation so i can stick with it for the eye candy.
Old 2013-04-26, 03:22   Link #1085
FiveOVER
Daydreamer

Another shocking episode. My assumptions about the story keeps getting crushed underfoot.

So in the end L-11 is going to work together with Haruto. Never expected that.

It's interesting to see ARUS using Haruto as a propaganda tool. Although Haruto did realized about that thanks to L-11.

L-11 planning so far ahead makes him a genius. Looks like his plans with Haruto is going to be a well-thought one.

Haruto acting berserk is a little creepy. My guess is that he enters that mode whenever his body sustained a certain amount of damage. To get some energy or life force from his victim perhaps?
Old 2013-04-26, 03:28   Link #1086
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Concerning the blood test; it is actually extremely unlikely that an off the shelf analyser would be able to detect an unknown anomaly in a blood sample. By design, the machine needs to know what to look for in order to detect "strange" things in the blood. The program literally can't see what's right in front of it unless you tell it what to look for. You can tell a machine to search for cancer, viruses, bacteria, changed blood composition and pH. But you CAN'T tell it to "look for something unusual".

This is why when there is a new performance enhancing drug on the market, one had to develop a brand new test to detect it. The machine can only find what you already know to look for.
Old 2013-04-26, 03:30   Link #1087
FiveOVER
Daydreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Concerning the blood test; it is actually extremely unlikely that an off the shelf analyser would be able to detect an unknown anomaly in a blood sample. By design, the machine needs to know what to look for in order to detect "strange" things in the blood. The program literally can't see what's right in front of it unless you tell it what to look for. You can tell a machine to search for cancer, viruses, bacteria, changed blood composition and pH. But you CAN'T tell it to "look for something unusual".

This is why when there is a new performance enhancing drug on the market, one had to develop a brand new test to detect it. The machine can only find what you already know to look for.
So the only way for Haruto to find out is by being a lab rat, huh.
Old 2013-04-26, 03:35   Link #1088
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

forgot to point out that we have Saki to brightslap Haruto just in case he went full emo or rabies again

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveOVER View Post

or it's just Saki being to paranoid, they might take some test into Haruto's body but not to the level of strapping him in the bed or keeping him in the comatose state so they can experiment to him as much as they like

I mean, he's the new propaganda tool/ace pilot for ARUS and JIOR
Old 2013-04-26, 03:59   Link #1089
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveOVER View Post
He wouldn't be a lab rat for very long. The VVV agents would not want him examined by outside factions.
Old 2013-04-26, 04:13   Link #1090
Allium
Keep on keeping on

Didn't expect L-elf announcing his decision to rebel against the Dorssians. There's always something to catch us off-guard each episode.
Allium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 04:20   Link #1091
vic-vic

Well, he said he want ot liberate Dorussia, no matter what it's mean. Maybe right now true power lay in hands of corrupted oligarhs, who controll emperor/empress and he want to turn situation around.
vic-vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 04:26   Link #1092
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by vic-vic View Post
Well, he said he want ot liberate Dorussia, no matter what it's mean.
Wait, what? He said he wanted to revolutionize Dorssia.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 04:27   Link #1093
hai_san

lol how to make an overpowered supersoldier in the serie... seeing how absurd powerfull he is and how incompetent the ARUS are... even Rambo+Terminator+James Bond pales in comparison with L-elf.
hai_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 04:29   Link #1094
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hai_san View Post
lol how to make an overpowered supersoldier in the serie... seeing how absurd powerfull he is and how incompetent the ARUS are... even Rambo+Terminator+James Bond pales in comparison with L-elf.
The key thing is that the opposition knew about how dangerous he is. That's why they actually sent a squad of flame-thrower troopers to kill one person. They are basically treating him like he is a Xenomorph.
Old 2013-04-26, 04:46   Link #1095
hai_san

Best thing is when the aircrafts shot the station, there comes ROCKETS!! back at them... even when L-elf is unarmed...
hai_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 05:45   Link #1096
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post
I figure that's probably where they are going. There were like two hints alone in the first episode for the possibility of Shoko moving on. And Haruto keeping her out of the loop about his physical status while Saki and the others probably try to find a cure won't help the alienation she's probably feeling.
Somehow I always seem to think of Guilty Crown when I watch this and that above statement even more so now...

Saki helps Haruto find a cure and along the way he discovers what a great person she is. Then right when he starts falling for her they kill her off and oh well I always have Shoko...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 06:23   Link #1097
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Lol, L-Elf going all Rambo. Not even sure how he got access to half the weapons during his rampage. And now he wants Haruto to form a contract with him? trololololol

Even more LOL at Rukino's genre 'savviness'. The moment she hears 'osananajimi' in regards to Haruto and Shouko, her face looks as if to tell "Damn, I think this is gonna be an uphill battle."

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 07:27   Link #1098
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

L-Elf is definitely came from same training camp as Heero Yuy and Sosuke Sagara. Give the bastard a giant robot already. Heero has Wing Zero Gundam and Sosuke has Laevateinn, L should have a badass mech of his own.
Old 2013-04-26, 07:58   Link #1099
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by hai_san View Post
Best thing is when the aircrafts shot the station, there comes ROCKETS!! back at them... even when L-elf is unarmed...
Yep, he pulled those right out of his ass.
Old 2013-04-26, 08:03   Link #1100
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
DAT Dakimakura:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Lala Deviluke from the To Love Ru series?
i hope thats not based on a picture of a real life otaku sleeping somewhere on the floors of Tokyo Big Sight's comiket.....
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, body swapping, fukujun, love polygon, mecha, sci-fi, space, space idol, vampire