AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2011-12-20, 10:07   Link #4021
Aoi Toori
KISEKI da yo!!

same here, definitely pre-order that saber especially after saw mikatan review.

now wait till dec 22 for price..
Aoi Toori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-20, 17:00   Link #4022
Nikkan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddingman View Post
What drives everybody to buy figurines? Do you play with them or is it more of a collection concept?
Just felt that I had to add to the topic about photography. A simple "anime fig photography" gives you tons of hits and even tutorials to create your own miniature-studio.
It's a nice way of combining your two hobbies together, although I'm not that into it myself.

The Saber picture above is a pretty nice example. Looking at the lightning/shading on that figure I can only imagine what kind of expensive props they used to take the pictures.
Nikkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-20, 17:37   Link #4023
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Saber & Saber Motored Cuirassier - 13800 yen. Excluding Shipping.

Source :-
http://figure.seesaa.net/article/241379557.html

I wager it will cost about US$200 with SAL.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-20, 18:10   Link #4024
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I have my figures displayed in my office area and I look at them to improve my mood (until I realize the cat has re-arranged them or knocked one off the shelf... and then I stew on killing the cat or buying shelves with glass doors).

I have the exact same issue with my cat. I can't afford a new shelf with glass doors at the moment (and I am not sure if I have the room for it) but that is my ultimate goal.

For now I try to move figures higher and higher on the shelf so my cat isn't as interested in knocking them down, but space is an issue and it's a constant problem.

Sorry just seeing someone had the same problem made me want to share my own cat issues.

And for now I display all my figures (even though I am running out of space). I've actually gotten rid of a lot of boxes in the past (which I now feel was a mistake). Moving forward though I'll keep boxes at least of the more expensive ones and might store some of my figures until I figure out where to display them. I would like to get a shelf (with the glass doors) just for figures but now they sit on my book shelves with my manga.

I see figures just as another way to show appreciation for your favorite series and characters.
Old 2011-12-20, 18:44   Link #4025
Revan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Saber & Saber Motored Cuirassier - 13800 yen. Excluding Shipping.
I won't be getting her than, since I don't really care about the bike, thus it's way overpriced for me.
Old 2011-12-21, 02:37   Link #4026
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan21 View Post
I won't be getting her than, since I don't really care about the bike, thus it's way overpriced for me.
Yep, too dear for me too.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-21, 06:30   Link #4027
Xion Valkyrie

Seems like a reasonable price for such an epic figure. It's not a GSC Online Shop Exclusive is it?
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-21, 06:59   Link #4028
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

This isn't really news anymore, but GSC's Nendoroid Kyouko Sakura is already open for pre-orders.

http://gscmikatan.wordpress.com/2011...kyouko-sakura/ (English ver.)

I just pre-ordered her today. Now that I already have nendo Sayaka on pre-order, I suddenly realized that I have to get Kyouko as well.
Old 2011-12-21, 08:27   Link #4029
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Seems like a reasonable price for such an epic figure. It's not a GSC Online Shop Exclusive is it?
Yeah, compared to Guin, or Big Chap, it IS reasonable for me.

And yeah, I am on the waiting list for Big Chap.
Old 2011-12-21, 09:30   Link #4030
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

http://gscmikatan.wordpress.com/2011...r-bike-review/

The bike is quite detailed as par expectations. But as to whether the work is worth what the price demands, it really varies from individual to individual.

Might I also state that for mass market piece such as this, the end result seldom matched up to the promotional sample.
Old 2011-12-22, 10:59   Link #4031
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

http://www.goodsmile.info/product/ja/3426

13800 yen as predicted with an early Summer release in May. This is a breather for those short on funding as they have about 5 months to save up.
Old 2011-12-24, 01:04   Link #4032
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

hello, i would like to ask if anyone know if the figure: Q-Six 1/6 Echidna from Queen's Blade can be cast-off? :

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10149633
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-25, 23:09   Link #4033
dfens

I doubt that it can be or become a cast-off. It's made of polystone which means you drop it, the thing will shatter. It's a statue.

Now if it was PVC/plastic it would be possible.
dfens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 11:18   Link #4034
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfens View Post
I doubt that it can be or become a cast-off. It's made of polystone which means you drop it, the thing will shatter. It's a statue.

Now if it was PVC/plastic it would be possible.
well it says under the figure info "We use some of the ※ PVC." and under the review comments it mentions "mixed of polystone pvc"

i called the store manager where i often buy figurines and she said "yes, it can be cast-off"

so, i'm getting yes and no's from this figure
Old 2011-12-26, 23:24   Link #4035
dfens

I have 4 polystone statues and I will never buy one ever again, three are perfect the other I should have known better. Plus always worrying if their is a earthquake it's happened twice to me.

What they do is pour into a mold and when it drys it's like a porcelain statue, then they paint it.

From looking at the pics I'm pretty dam sure every part it is polystone and that no part is pvc. That's why they cost about double or more but the downsides is that they are more fragile, weigh a ton, and the paint they use is usually flat and non glossy.

Now are you asking is it castoff-able out of the box I would say no. If you want to modify it you probably could but it would be a pain and not that easy since when you try to remove any part it will chip or break and unless you want to add sculpting clay and repaint.

Go here:http://www.nekomagic.com/?p=23694

It looks like the original garage kit that you make and paint yourself can be made cast off no surprise resin is more forgiving but not the completed polystone figure.
Old 2011-12-27, 18:54   Link #4036
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

Quote:
I have 4 polystone statues and I will never buy one ever again, three are perfect the other I should have known better. Plus always worrying if their is a earthquake it's happened twice to me.

What they do is pour into a mold and when it drys it's like a porcelain statue, then they paint it.

From looking at the pics I'm pretty dam sure every part it is polystone and that no part is pvc. That's why they cost about double or more but the downsides is that they are more fragile, weigh a ton, and the paint they use is usually flat and non glossy.

Now are you asking is it castoff-able out of the box I would say no. If you want to modify it you probably could but it would be a pain and not that easy since when you try to remove any part it will chip or break and unless you want to add sculpting clay and repaint.

Go here:http://www.nekomagic.com/?p=23694

It looks like the original garage kit that you make and paint yourself can be made cast off no surprise resin is more forgiving but not the completed polystone figure.
ooh i see, thanks very much.

I went today to the anime store to check with the store owner again, and she did mention its not cast-off-able. Regardless, i think i wouldn't get it because its soooo fragile.

Thanks for your knowledge, now i know alittle more about figurines and their characteristics .

By the way would you know by any chance how much this figurine is going around for?

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10069084

the store owner which i went to told me it was going around for $1000CAD , with is around 100,000 yen...i am just curious on the market price as i don't have any resource around the internet to find anyone selling it and at what price.
Old 2011-12-27, 22:33   Link #4037
dfens

Generally the given rule is that any figure that is out of print at the very most will sale for double the original price if you find the right buyer.

Unless it's super rare, out of print, and most important everyone wants one so high demand, can you ask for and get more than double the original price.

I'm sorry 100,000 yen is way too much no one would ever pay that. That is about $1285.36 US dollars, and the original price before shipping was $203.08 US dollars I hope you accidently added a extra 0 to that price when you typed it.

I found that same figure on eBay at $56.99 US reserve not met but it will never go over about $300-400 no one wants it that bad. But it will probably end around $200-250 if people are smart.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Queens-Blade...#ht_500wt_1415

Just to let you know cold cast is almost exact same as polystone so if you drop it, handle it to hard the thing will break.

The polystone I have that I sold at a big loss was so heavy that it leaned and would not stand up straight and the paint chipped because of it. The design was so poor I should have know better. So if you ever buy polystone or cold cast make sure it's well balanced and that it doesn't place too much weight on the legs. I swear during the last earthquake a few years ago I was holding my Noir set fearing the rocking would break the metal pugs of the legs and ruin them.

That's why I only buy PVC now if it tips over etc usually their will be no damage and I never have to worry about the weight toppling it and breaking it.
Old 2011-12-27, 23:12   Link #4038
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

Quote:
I found that same figure on eBay at $56.99 US reserve not met but it will never go over about $300-400 no one wants it that bad. But it will probably end around $200-250 if people are smart.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Queens-Blade...#ht_500wt_1415
i found that link too, i would of bought it if the seller is asking for a buy-out price. I'm not too fond of bidding wars, if the seller ask for a price, i'll pay for it.
Old 2011-12-27, 23:19   Link #4039
dfens

Shikimori Kazuki your best bet is do what I would do, I did it in the past but now I buy figures as they come out to avoid paying more down the road.

Just bid the absolute highest price you are willing to pay and if you get the figure for less great, if not you get it at the very maximum you were willing to pay as long as the reserve was met.

And if your out bid then just look for another one in your price range.
Old 2011-12-28, 22:50   Link #4040
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Protoype

Beach Queens Akaza Akari

She has a one piece suit on, but the prototype she seems to look naked....

Spoiler for NSFW: