AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 117 68.42%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 17.54%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 7.60%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 2.92%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.58%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.58%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.58%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.75%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-22, 16:55   Link #661
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeName MinusOne View Post
In the original Macross series, Hikaru had that romantic kiss scene with Minmei right before she sang in battle. Then he joined in on the massive battle. He was doing pretty good until all of a sudden a swarm of missiles hit his valkyrie. Then the show broke for commercial, leaving us thinking he was dead.

That's pretty much what happened in Frontier. And it's not unusual that Frontier duplicates the original series. It happens alot.

After the commercial break, we found out Hikaru had miraculously survived. And then he goes down into the wreckage of Alaska base and rescues Misa, the one he really loves.

So if Frontier copies this too, Alto is will save Ranka and well...Sheryl is outta luck.

I bet Alto ejects, and the SMS guys come in and rescue Alto, then Alto comes back in his VF-25 and saves Ranka. Then he gets in a big boss battle with Grace inside of that Vajra mother mecha.

Should be fun to watch.

and god said...
let the wrath of sheryl's fan be unleashed upon thee!
Old 2008-09-22, 17:25   Link #662
Elandyll

Quote:
In the original Macross series, Hikaru had that romantic kiss scene with Minmei right before she sang in battle. Then he joined in on the massive battle. He was doing pretty good until all of a sudden a swarm of missiles hit his valkyrie. Then the show broke for commercial, leaving us thinking he was dead.

That's pretty much what happened in Frontier. And it's not unusual that Frontier duplicates the original series. It happens alot.

After the commercial break, we found out Hikaru had miraculously survived. And then he goes down into the wreckage of Alaska base and rescues Misa, the one he really loves.

So if Frontier copies this too, Alto is will save Ranka and well...Sheryl is outta luck.

I bet Alto ejects, and the SMS guys come in and rescue Alto, then Alto comes back in his VF-25 and saves Ranka. Then he gets in a big boss battle with Grace inside of that Vajra mother mecha.

Should be fun to watch.

I like what you say, except that for me it would make a hell of a lot more sense for him to save Ranka, but go back to Sheryl (cured? hopefully) to finally tell her he loves her after having been shut down during their previous discussion

Re-kindling Alto and Ranka in one episode where there will be a lot of fighting, while Sheryl is dying .. uh .. I just don't see that happening. We'll see
Old 2008-09-22, 17:30   Link #663
Teletha

Quote:

Should be fun to watch.

Yeah... No.

The situations are so totally different. Hikaru had already said he loved Minmay and was rejected. They hadn't up until that moment even been around each other in a very long time either. If anything this kiss was one of goodbye, not one of tell me your answer when you get back. Hikaru also didn't go to save Misa, but actually just kind of found her.

I think they do homages from time to time, but always put a spin on them. Sheryl is no Minmay in that scene anyway. Minmay might have had some feelings for Hikaru, but not in the way Sheryl has them for Alto.
Old 2008-09-22, 18:17   Link #664
abynormal
Skull Fairy Scout

Send a message via AIM to abynormal
Quote:

Should be fun to watch.

I can totally see Alto going down to the surface and "saving" Ranka, but after all this it would take one helluva plot device for her to "come back" to the place she's currently trying to destroy. I can picture Ranka pulling a Sara Nome and taking the Vajra with her to a place where they can live in peace. I can't picture her coming back to Frontier as anything less than a traitor and war criminal in the eyes of all save a few on the colony. I don't think even Sheryl fans want that kind of ending for her, nor do they want a deus ex machina to exonerate her of everything she's done in the last few episodes.

Additionally, the scene you described wasn't even the end of the series (though it was the end of DYRL). Hikaru would spend several more episodes on post-holocaust Earth pining after Minmei (and Misa pining after him) before he finally made his choice right in front of both girls in the last five minutes of the last episode.

I will agree with you on one point: Whatever happens, it's going to be FUN.
Old 2008-09-22, 22:39   Link #665
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

yeah.. that the above scenario were to happen, the backlash in japan (and i can't even imagine it on these boards..) would be so huge...

why do i get the feeling that Luca will be the one to kill Ranka (if it happens)
Old 2008-09-23, 02:28   Link #666
BleachOD
Banned

Great episode! I can't wait till next week.

*Flees to romance thread before the show does it for me*
Old 2008-09-23, 02:31   Link #667
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
PS: I estimate that I come across 2-3 "perfect" moments a year of watching anime. So far, this has been a great year for that, and I'm up to about 7 or 8 so far this year - Macross Frontier has been responsible for 4 of these so far.
Out of curiosity, what are the other 3 if you willing to share?
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2008-09-23, 02:57   Link #668
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
i was checking all the songs used in macross and just noticed that Megumi Nakajima(Seiyuu and vocalist for Ranka) had TWICE as many Solo songs as May Nakabayashi aka. May'n (Sheryl's vocalist) during all the broadcast episodes to date.

I didn't count any opening or ending they sang because those are not really in episode performance. I also didn't count any of the perfomances that each vocalist had at the same time. It is interesting how Megumi got more singing exposure, maybe because she is also Ranka's Seiyuu, unlike May'n who is only sheryl's vocalist. just a little piece of trivia i found interesting.
Megumi may have got more exposure but going by music sales it's clearly May'n who has come off best from this show, May'n clearly got the better selection of songs, with many of Megumi's better ones including covers of past stuff. Also May'n is being named first in the Macross F Galaxy Tour Final. Also it seems that Lion was originally meant to be a May'n/Sheryl solo song but Kawamori heard the duet and he liked it so it become that.
Old 2008-09-23, 03:28   Link #669
kilroy0097
Michiko Malandro = Sexy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Megumi may have got more exposure but going by music sales it's clearly May'n who has come off best from this show, May'n clearly got the better selection of songs, with many of Megumi's better ones including covers of past stuff. Also May'n is being named first in the Macross F Galaxy Tour Final. Also it seems that Lion was originally meant to be a May'n/Sheryl solo song but Kawamori heard the duet and he liked it so it become that.
I think it's kind of neat that Megumi (Ranka) was chosen to sing gold oldie tunes. In a way it fits her character to since these classic songs and also sing the cute teeny bopper songs. Perhaps it's a lean towards Minmey with Ranka in that Kawamori wanted to compare those two characters more specifically. By giving Sheryl all the new songs that are much more geared to a modern and older teenager and young adult crowd, it makes sense to make her the more in touch with everyone character. She has the fashion, the songs and the adult like appearance in which to attract an older audience. I'm not sure if this is what's going to happen but will Sheryl be the bridge between the current Macross F and anything in the future? Do you think the next major idol or idols in the series will be paying homage to Sheryl's music in the future?

Interesting to think about at least.
Old 2008-09-23, 03:57   Link #670
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilroy0097 View Post
Do you think the next major idol or idols in the series will be paying homage to Sheryl's music in the future?
You know, I wonder why people only compare Ranka with Minmay, Both Ranka and Sheryl have some of the traits from both Minmay and Hayase. I was guilty of this too, I thought Ranka had more in common with Minmay, from the first episodes thus why I stopped watching this show for a while from episode 5. I didn't see much of Hayase on Sheryl so I kind lost interest. I kept getting the episodes but not watching them. I got back on the show about when episode 15 broadcast and marathoned 10 episodes in a row. Both sheryl and Ranka have traits of both Minmay and Hayase. both Minmay and Hayase were saved from dire situations as well as Sheryl and Ranka. Minmay was the aggresive one when it came to hikaru which is how sheryl is, Hayase was not as agressive with her feelings, same as Ranka.

I think shippers are just doing the Ranka=Minmay Sheryl=Hayase comparison to justify Kawamori doing a repeat of SDFM. Just my thoughts about all this comparison of the two girls. Both have traits from the other two. (Main trait from minmay, both sheryl and Ranka became Idols)(Hayase was not an idol)

Last edited by golthin; 2008-09-23 at 04:58.
Old 2008-09-23, 03:59   Link #671
Westlo
Lets be reality

Well Sheryl is Sheryl but she's like a mixture of DYRL Minmay and Misa Hayase which is really an awesome combination.
Old 2008-09-23, 04:15   Link #672
kilroy0097
Michiko Malandro = Sexy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Well Sheryl is Sheryl but she's like a mixture of DYRL Minmay and Misa Hayase which is really an awesome combination.
Yea totally. And my Ranka x Minmei comparison in that specific post is based upon song choice not much else. I haven't heard Sheryl sing a Minmei song yet. Has she?
Old 2008-09-23, 06:37   Link #673
Joachim
et tu, brute?

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
and god said...
let the wrath of sheryl's fan be unleashed upon thee!
hey sorry golth we are not bunch of unsophisticated, rude, annoying men and women, please don't let others get the wrong idea k? well its nice to be like you though, not siding with anyone and therefor free to attack any sides at your own will, and no thats not funny sorry

well i don't want to be rude but if you find my post is rude then sorry
Old 2008-09-23, 08:19   Link #674
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Talking

So, two days, eh? I almost can't believe this is gonna end. Will be sad to see the series go, and would like some more, even if I'm not happy with the conclusion, anyway. But if Sheryl doesn't have her happy ending, I'll happily join in the efforts of our Kawamori-hunting squad, for retribution.

Old 2008-09-23, 08:36   Link #675
CeruleaFeng
2qt2bstr8 ♥♥

Send a message via MSN to CeruleaFeng
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
So, two days, eh? I almost can't believe this is gonna end. Will be sad to see the series go, and would like some more, even if I'm not happy with the conclusion, anyway. But if Sheryl doesn't have her happy ending, I'll happily join in the efforts of our Kawamori-hunting squad, for retribution.
Second season!

LET'S FUND IT!!
Old 2008-09-23, 08:46   Link #676
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

I wish. But I probably couldn't fund a trip to the supermarket, right about now. Man, kids do eat a lot.

Old 2008-09-23, 08:54   Link #677
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post

PS: I estimate that I come across 2-3 "perfect" moments a year of watching anime. So far, this has been a great year for that, and I'm up to about 7 or 8 so far this year - Macross Frontier has been responsible for 4 of these so far.
What are the others 4tran? I have experienced quite a few "perfect" moments myself.
Old 2008-09-23, 08:55   Link #678
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Sorry for the double

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeruleaFeng View Post
Second season!

LET'S FUND IT!!
I wouldnt mind a second season time break open my piggy bank. How much does it cost to make a top quality anime these days?
Old 2008-09-23, 09:28   Link #679
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
What are the others 4tran? I have experienced quite a few "perfect" moments myself.
While I don't count myself among the veritable season watchers (normally, I don't really watch all that many animes as they air, anymore - rather watch the complete package), I have to say I had a few "perfect" moments when watching Macross Frontier, myself.

This whole episode, probably, counts as the most recent one;
Then, there's the dinner scene last episode;
There's Alto's promise to Sheryl in episode 22;
Michael's death, coupled with Sheryl's melancholic song, in episode 20;
The final moments of episode 1 (and the grisly fate of the SMS soldier witnessed by Alto);
Sheryl's first concert, and subsequent fly-by;
Most calm moments of Star Date (even the Ranka bits).

Am curious to know everyone else's, as well.

Old 2008-09-23, 09:59   Link #680
abynormal
Skull Fairy Scout

Send a message via AIM to abynormal
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
While I don't count myself among the veritable season watchers (normally, I don't really watch all that many animes as they air, anymore - rather watch the complete package), I have to say I had a few "perfect" moments when watching Macross Frontier, myself.

This whole episode, probably, counts as the most recent one;
Then, there's the dinner scene last episode;
There's Alto's promise to Sheryl in episode 22;
Michael's death, coupled with Sheryl's melancholic song, in episode 20;
The final moments of episode 1 (and the grisly fate of the SMS soldier witnessed by Alto);
Sheryl's first concert, and subsequent fly-by;
Most calm moments of Star Date (even the Ranka bits).

Am curious to know everyone else's, as well.
To that list I add the entirety of episode 7.
Closed Thread