AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2014-04-01, 10:21   Link #641
Birdway
Banned

The part about him speculating about our Necromancer using different values like culture, tradition for her power/personal reality.

Mikoto in Railgun SS2 got a an explanation no that different yet she dismissed it.

Here Accelerator is suspicious and curious about the mechanics behind that power and implies that isn't very scientific.

Curiosity is the key for knowledge.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-01, 10:24   Link #642
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
The part about him speculating about our Necromancer using different values like culture, tradition for her power/personal reality.

Mikoto in Railgun SS2 got a an explanation no that different yet she dismissed it.

Here Accelerator is suspicious and curious about the mechanics behind that power and implies that isn't very scientific.
I wouldn't call it curious nor non-suspicious.

I'd call it observant. He has a keen eye because he basically figured out how it worked without anyone else telling him. That's different...

While it is also true that he's gone through so much shit that he'll believe just about anything... (in terms of powers that exist...)
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-01, 10:44   Link #643
Birdway
Banned

An why you think he decided to pay attention? Because he was curious to begin with.
Old 2014-04-01, 16:29   Link #644
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
An why you think he decided to pay attention? Because he was curious to begin with.
I guess... but that's just like saying that anyone who saw magic and wanted to understand how it worked was "curious."

I'm pretty sure almost everyone would be that way...
Old 2014-04-01, 18:01   Link #645
LevelSeven

^than what is with mikoto?
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-01, 18:16   Link #646
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
^than what is with mikoto?
The point is almost everyone. One person does not almost everyone not make...

People need to stop exaggerating these things...
Old 2014-04-01, 21:14   Link #647
Birdway
Banned

Touma accepted magic due to having his IB which he doubted to be scientific.

Accelerator shows curiosity towards the unknown like a kid, searched for it(ww3) and also accepted power beyond science(vol.13) and with Birdway's lecture got what he needed to perform magic.

Hamazura saw magic and called it a non scientific power durimg the war, later got a lecture and even wanted to try magic.

MEMBER's leader knows magic can't be explained with just science.

Etzali learned from science and various other magicians as well.

Very open minded characters whose interest lead them to the other side despite the risks.

Among the majority of characters who have interacted with other side, out of them, actually only one has witnessed, got a lecture and interacted with magic yet doesn't seems to learn a bit or show any interest so far.

Do you still think that is exaggerating, dniv? .
Old 2014-04-01, 21:16   Link #648
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Touma accepted magic due to having his IB which he doubted to be scientific.

Accelerator shows curiosity towards the unknown like a kid, searched for it(ww3) and also accepted power beyond science(vol.13) and with Birdway's lecture got what he needed to perform magic.

Hamazura saw magic and called it a non scientific power durimg the war, later got a lecture and even wanted to try magic.

MEMBER's leader knows magic can't be explained with just science.

Etzali learned from science and various other magicians as well.

Very open minded characters whose interest dice them to the other si de despiste the risks.

The majority of characters who have interacted with other side, actually only one has witnessed, got a lecture and interacted with magic and doesn't seems to learn a bit or show any interest so far.
That's pretty much guaranteed to be why he's the main plan.

Anyway, the board of directors should also be included, they just don't care. I also think he's the smartest person in question that you've mentioned which explains why it might be easier for him to accept.

Also, I agree that he is certainly more open-minded than Touma was, but less so than Birdway was towards learning science IMO.
Old 2014-04-01, 21:20   Link #649
Birdway
Banned

Hamazura? Hakase? I gave examples enough to refute your point even with secondary characters, again, there is no exaggeration.
Old 2014-04-01, 21:39   Link #650
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Hamazura? Hakase? I gave examples enough to refute your point even with secondary characters, again, there is no exaggeration.
I just agreed with you and said that's why he's the main plan, because he can think in more than one system. I was just arguing the word-choice was wrong because it wasn't curiosity, but rather his pride as the #1 that can analyze/understand all other powers that he has seen. (which would explain why he got so pissed off at Imagine Breaker...)

I don't understand what the other characters have to do with anything. In this world, people who are immersed in either science or magic usually just do that, that's all. There are exceptions like Birdway and our resident troll Tube-neet, but usually people are restricted to their own type of powers/rules.

I don't see what's the point your trying to make anyway. I partly agree with you; I just don't think it's necessarily curiosity as in the fact that he wants to learn other powers... I think he just wants to understand it completely because of his pride...
Old 2014-04-01, 22:21   Link #651
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
I don't see what's the point your trying to make anyway. I partly agree with you; I just don't think it's necessarily curiosity as in the fact that he wants to learn other powers... I think he just wants to understand it completely because of his pride...
dniv...

your not understanding what birdway meant

he meant how thick headed a certain railgun is.

You even mentioned the directors of academy city which are not espers but normal even belief in magic but just didn't care.

hamazura which is level 0 who experience it first hand belief it when his girlfriend got healed. HE DIDN'T EVEN GET AN EXPLANATION UNTIL NT!!!!

accelerator is pretty open minded if you ask me he witness it. He analyze it. He confirms its not scientific and he DIDN'T DENY that there are other laws or power that can affect the world.

combine it all and point it to a certain railgun who GOT EXPLAINED THAT MAGIC EXIST!!!!! and even SEE IT FIRST HAND but dismissed it as something... she is pretty close minded or had one tract mind.

I don't think birdway is exaggerating.

I tell. you its like talking to a wall.

I feel your pain Lessar.
Old 2014-04-01, 22:22   Link #652
Birdway
Banned

Lol no, ask anyone here, pride is something they won't consider as answer. He isn't Kakine.

Birdway has to stick to the principales of her cabal as the boss, check the SP where she ponders leaving her job.

Crowly was the same but he rage quit from magic side yet he used that knowledge to develop artificial espers.
Old 2014-04-01, 23:18   Link #653
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
dniv...

your not understanding what birdway meant

he meant how thick headed a certain railgun is.

You even mentioned the directors of academy city which are not espers but normal even belief in magic but just didn't care.

hamazura which is level 0 who experience it first hand belief it when his girlfriend got healed. HE DIDN'T EVEN GET AN EXPLANATION UNTIL NT!!!!

accelerator is pretty open minded if you ask me he witness it. He analyze it. He confirms its not scientific and he DIDN'T DENY that there are other laws or power that can affect the world.

combine it all and point it to a certain railgun who GOT EXPLAINED THAT MAGIC EXIST!!!!! and even SEE IT FIRST HAND but dismissed it as something... she is pretty close minded or had one tract mind.

I don't think birdway is exaggerating.

I tell. you its like talking to a wall.

I feel your pain Lessar.
Mikoto's been called ignorant more than enough times. It doesn't have to be poseted on this thread.

Quote:
Lol no, ask anyone here, pride is something they won't consider as answer. He isn't Kakine.

Birdway has to stick to the principales of her cabal as the boss, check the SP where she ponders leaving her job.

Crowly was the same but he rage quit from magic side yet he used that knowledge to develop artificial espers.
Fine, I agree with you partly. I just think that he's not the only person interested in another side though he's probably special because of that.
Old 2014-04-02, 00:29   Link #654
LevelSeven

^ do you mean crowley or accel?

accel only wanted to know what this unknown abilitys are, after he gained a explanation and performed a spell by himself he didnt show any interest in magic anymore, which is sad at least for me i mean after NT3 he should finally realize that it is to dangerous if he fights in the other side without knowing magic in detail...
maybe this is his (stupid) pride , to think that he can do everything like before without the need to learn anything new.... this is a bit annoying because i thought he stopped with this "arrogante" behavior after witnessing how big the real world is
Old 2014-04-02, 00:44   Link #655
tsunade666

Quote:
^ do you mean crowley or accel?

accel only wanted to know what this unknown abilitys are, after he gained a explanation and performed a spell by himself he didnt show any interest in magic anymore, which is sad at least for me i mean after NT3 he should finally realize that it is to dangerous if he fights in the other side without knowing magic in detail...
maybe this is his (stupid) pride , to think that he can do everything like before without the need to learn anything new.... this is a bit annoying because i thought he stopped with this "arrogante" behavior after witnessing how big the real world is
I don't think so. I don't think he need to learn that much though he probably need to learn on curses or magic that has indirect or type of attack that just hits. Ignoring the motion and distance.

Because let's face it. Even without knowledge about magic. Accelerator CAN DIVERT GABRIEL'S ATTACK.

If he can redirect the attack of an archangel. then lower class attacks won't even matter to him.

Though attack that has an indirect effect like cendrillon's magic that ignore anything but just snaps the legs of her opponent. He probably can't redirect it. Or probably he can but it will probably effect him a little or probably not.

He said in NT 3 that to him. He is wary if he doesn't understand the principles behind the attack. Because if he doesn't understand then he can't defend.
Old 2014-04-02, 06:35   Link #656
LevelSeven

Quote:
He probably can't redirect it. Or probably he can but it will probably effect him a little or probably not.
the best explanation about accels redirection used on curse-like magic....
i dont know why but i think he could even do this broken stuff (reflecting curses or curse-like spells back) maybe because of NT3 where he should be attacked by cendrillon..... the fact that birdway showed up the moment where accel would be attacked is a bit strange, maybe kamachi tried to save this for later, like letting him face a hugh number of magicians and the second they use such a spell they injure themselfes badly,
this would make him even more broken than he already is not that i would dislike it
Old 2014-04-02, 07:03   Link #657
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
this would make him even more broken than he already is not that i would dislike it
Why am I not surprised
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-02, 08:37   Link #658
LevelSeven

Quote:
Why am I not surprised
XD well, from my point of view accel is the one who gained the "Heroic"-body carachtaristics like the sudden power-ups, the carachter development, the sad/troubled/crual past which is the reason why in some storys the MC is so powerful from the beginning, and even gets stronger in the story, etc. etc.

touma gained the "Heroic"-Mind, means, the strong-will, the determination to do whatever he needs to reach his goal, the carachtaristic of becoming the center of a group, always saving someone, etc. etc.

so everyone can choose for himself
Old 2014-04-28, 06:09   Link #659
LevelSeven

Quote:
LevelSeven, your opinion is clearly in the minority and Ravagerblade's claim about you being biased towards Accelerator is 100% correct. Even if you don't want to admit it, they both have a comparable amount of plot armour.
did you even read what i put into the spoilers??
it was explained why he survived that....what from this is plot armor??
and please explain (guys) in which other instances accel has P.A.??
vs touma
vs kihara
vs komaba
vs kakine
vs aiwass
vs magician
vs touma
vs gabriel
vs freshmen
vs trident (i think their was one, the sudden show up of the president)
vs kakine

so far: only one single time...
Old 2014-04-28, 07:25   Link #660
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Again with the anonymous quotes, Lvl7?
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote