AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-09-15, 19:02   Link #21
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Of course I am shocked by this news, but I still have hope for some sweet original Dante action.
I don't know about you but the repeatedly asked question "What's your name?" directed at a skinny boy in a bad condition could indicate that this guy is in fact the victim of psychological (and probably physical) torture that made him believe that he was really Dante although he isn't.

Does anyone remember the TNG episode in which Picard is tortured by this one Klingon? He wants to know the possition of the Enterprise and tries to break Picard's will by showing him four light bulbs and asking him over and over again to say that there are in fact five of them. Picard refuses until he is close to starvation and the Klingon offers him a peaceful and wealthy life if he just tells him that there are five light bulbs. Picard is than being rescued before being able to surrender and later, on board the Enterprise, says that he almost thought he really saw five bulbs.

This could be the case here. At least it's heavily indicated.
Old 2010-09-15, 19:10   Link #22
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Irregardless, the classic DMC is officially dead and buried.

What's left is just the shell of the franchise's title and characters in name but not in soul.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 20:01   Link #23
Narzia
┐(-。ー')┌

Ah, yeah. That one.

New Devil May Cry announced!
> Hell yeah!

It's a prequel/reboot!
> ..

It's called DmC!
> ....

Developed by Ninja Theory
> ..................

Alas, another franchise bites the dust. This is sad, so sad. Bad enough they never finished the actual story after 2's cliffhanger but to not even resolve the stuff 4 brought up? Handing the franchise over to westerners? And to Ninja Theory of all people? Shame on you, Capcom, shame on you.
Narzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 21:27   Link #24
iwatch2muchanime
Lazy

Well I understand the complaints on the new look myself, Dante is still far from EMO lol. He's still the cocky ass he was in this trailer, which is all that really needs to stay man.

Prequel, Sequel, i don't care just be good. Ninja Theory has a decent track record too so whatever.

On another note Asura's Wrath or whatever looks fucking crazy. CyberConnect2 always does good over the top action scenes.

Be pretty funny to set this in an alternate past so we have a BAYONETTA DMC CROSSOVER
Old 2010-09-15, 21:53   Link #25
Iron Maw
Banned

I think this sums the general reaction to this:

Seriously, shitstorms everywhere!
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 21:54   Link #26
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
I think this sums the general reaction to this:

Seriously, shitstorms everywhere!
I love their reactions exactly what I reacted like
Old 2010-09-15, 22:04   Link #27
ZODDGUTS

Game is being developed by Ninja Theory expect bad art, bad gameplay oh and 30fps.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 23:28   Link #28
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I'd say my reaction went like this.

"New Devil May Cry game announced!"

My reaction:

*views screen shots and footage*

GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 23:30   Link #29
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

"New Devil May Cry game announced!"

My reaction:

*views screen shots and footage*

*sees all the unnessisary hate it gets*

=\ hatas gonna hate

now may this topic be about the disgussion of the new DMC game, not bash it with "omg I was so dissapointed"
Old 2010-09-16, 02:05   Link #30
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back

There ain't much to discuss EXCEPT the trailer, so guess what? That's our topic of discussion until further news.

Now the design of the character is probably something to get used to, and I probably will, but the problem I have is if it's going to at least maintain the style.
By style I mean, the sort of campiness that the games had. I only ever finished DMC1 and played a bit of DMC4, but I assume that all had that over-the-top action too.

This guy, this skinny-ass, gothic-emo frame of a guy just doesn't cut it for me. What did he do? he has two pistols and some black etheral whip-scythe-etc. weapon.
Compared to OG Dante's weapon's, these don't look as stylish or as cool to fight with to me (Both have twin pistols, but OG Dante's look way better.)
Of course, we got to see actual gameplay before sending it off.

Also, he smokes cigarettes. Because that makes him HOT SHIT amirite?
KROMEangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-16, 03:07   Link #31
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Wow.....I'm always down for a new Devil may cry game but....the character they presented to us for this one just doesn't appeal to me at all but I'm able to accept change if they alter him a bit in these areas.

Appearance = At least give him the Silver hair back and perhaps bulk him up a bit. We don't want no SKINNY ASS Emo looking dante. Any changes to his personality would be tolerable if his appearance was re-designed.

Personality = If his personality is still the same old bad ass cocky son of a bitch he's been in the previous games(with the exception of DMC2) then I would be willing to accept this new HORRIBLE look.

If people complain enough I'm sure Team Ninja will listen and redesign Dante's appearance. I mean hey it's working for Infamous 2.

However this all applies to if this character is the REAL Dante or not. If he's not the original Dante then okay then cool, but if he is then changes has to be made.....
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-16, 03:25   Link #32
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2 View Post
Wow.....I'm always down for a new Devil may cry game but....the character they presented to us for this one just doesn't appeal to me at all but I'm able to accept change if they alter him a bit in these areas.

Appearance = At least give him the Silver hair back and perhaps bulk him up a bit. We don't want no SKINNY ASS Emo looking dante. Any changes to his personality would be tolerable if his appearance was re-designed.

Personality = If his personality is still the same old bad ass cocky son of a bitch he's been in the previous games(with the exception of DMC2) then I would be willing to accept this new HORRIBLE look.

If people complain enough I'm sure Team Ninja will listen and redesign Dante's appearance. I mean hey it's working for Infamous 2.

However this all applies to if this character is the REAL Dante or not. If he's not the original Dante then okay then cool, but if he is then changes has to be made.....

Wrong team. This game is being developed by Ninja Theory a different developer. The guys that made that mediocre game called Heavenly Sword and before than made Kung Fu Chaos a bad game. There currently doing Enslaved: Odyssey to the West which they released a demo on PSN a day ago, it's been getting not so good opinions. The demo also has the same problems that Heavenly Sword had bad framerate that can't do 30fps, screen tearing because of the bad framerate and not so good combat.

Which is why I said their DMC game is highly likely to have bad combat, bad art and 30fps that isn't locked. Changing the art to this game won't fix the fact it's being developed by them.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-16, 03:41   Link #33
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
*sees all the unnessisary hate it gets*

=\ hatas gonna hate

now may this topic be about the disgussion of the new DMC game, not bash it with "omg I was so dissapointed"
Yeah my thoughts exactly. Ah well, didn't expect any less..
Old 2010-09-16, 03:50   Link #34
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sety View Post
That is not Dante. IT IS A FAGGY EMO GOTH CHAV EDWARD CULLEN.
I'll give you a million rep points for this one

Quote:
What the fuck is this shit.
the same thoughts I'm having right now

this game fails

I want the GAR Dante back orz

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-16, 06:24   Link #35
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
now may this topic be about the disgussion of the new DMC game
Is that some new portmanteau of 'disgusted' and 'discussion'? It'd sum up the mood right now.
Old 2010-09-16, 07:05   Link #36
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Is that some new portmanteau of 'disgusted' and 'discussion'? It'd sum up the mood right now.
Wooo so I misstyped one letter, No need to be a prick about it.
Old 2010-09-16, 07:39   Link #37
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Why they called it DmC . This title always make me thing to "Detroit Metal City"
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-16, 07:49   Link #38
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Lol watch tthem pull something with the title. But the guns clothhing and name give it away.
Old 2010-09-16, 08:00   Link #39
animeboy12

8:58PM Ninja Theory director Tameem Antoniades takes the stage. "We're taking a younger Dante" that incorporates the youth culture of today, from fashion to music to street art, etc.

That's right, all you kids out there today

THIS
IS
ON
YOU
animeboy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-16, 08:23   Link #40
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Dante was young in 1 and 3! Any younger and drinking would be illegal Although I don't mind a new title, I can't say that 4 had me hooked like 1 and 3 (not saying it was bad, just not as good as its predecessors). Anyway, I don't really give two shits about character image and profile, what settles the score for DMC games imo are three things:
1) Gameplay. DMC3 is still the best when it comes to combos and freestyling.
2) Graphics. And by that, I mean the environmental design: DMC1's gothic castle style is what drew me to the series in the first place, while in DMC2 I was fighting...infested choppers, WTF!
3) Sound. Gotta love the feeling...

So, until the actual game is out and I have a personal taste of the above three, I'll just look forward to it, without expecting too much.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote