AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shuffle!

Notices

View Poll Results: Shuffle! Memories Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 3 5.08%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 2 3.39%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 10.17%
7 out of 10 : Good 14 23.73%
6 out of 10 : Average 14 23.73%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 6 10.17%
4 out of 10 : Poor 5 8.47%
3 out of 10 : Bad 4 6.78%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.69%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 6.78%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-01-08, 03:18   Link #1
Arimfe
SharpenerOfTheBoxcutter

Location: where Grudge is Greatest, Rancour Endless and Malice Eternal(at school^^;;)
Shuffle! Memories episode 1 discussion/poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Shuffle! Memories, episode 1.

Be aware that this series will reveal parts of story line from the previously aired series Shuffle!

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for RAWs.
  • Try to keep spoilers from the Game or Manga out of the anime thread.
    If you need to in reply to someone with a reference to the Game / Manga, either PM them or use Spoiler tags clearly marked with title (see example below).
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread whenever possible.

Spoiler Tag Usage

Using Spoiler Tags is easy. Using this...

[spoiler=title§#§#§#§#§#§#]Don't forget to use the spoiler title![/spoiler]

....will get you this...

Spoiler for title§#§#§#§#§#§#:
Old 2007-01-08, 03:59   Link #2
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

I personally find the first ep quite dissapointing... After such a hyp about another shuffle! anime the actual product is poorly done since:

Spoiler for for shuffle memories ep 1:
Old 2007-01-08, 06:29   Link #3
Maxon
Demon Hunter

Send a message via MSN to Maxon
From what I'm hearing, I'm just going to skip this episode and start at episode 2
Spoiler:

Last edited by Maxon; 2007-01-08 at 12:00.
Old 2007-01-08, 07:28   Link #4
Arimfe
SharpenerOfTheBoxcutter

Location: where Grudge is Greatest, Rancour Endless and Malice Eternal(at school^^;;)
To be honest, I'm not sure how the heck I should rate it. ~_~
Spoiler:

But for someone who hasn't seen the first series, it might not be all that bad. But I wouldn't know about that...~_~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxon View Post
From what I'm hearing, I'm just going to skip this episode and start at episode 2
Spoiler:
As Riker pointed out in the generic thread:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Arimfe; 2007-01-08 at 12:10.
Old 2007-01-08, 07:41   Link #5
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

How do you rate a re-cap episode? =)

What do you look for? Good choice of scene? Nice voicing for the narrator?
Old 2007-01-08, 11:16   Link #6
traziemykel
Chimpira

NO spoil... i wish u just make a poll when the sub episode is out ...
Old 2007-01-08, 11:51   Link #7
Arimfe
SharpenerOfTheBoxcutter

Sorry about that, I got a little careless since I didn't think of it as a major spoiler. Maybe Maxon and Chaos2Frozenshould spoiler tag theirs too or else you'll get in trouble if someone complains about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by traziemykel View Post
NO spoil... i wish u just make a poll when the sub episode is out ...
Not trying to be rude, but raw discussions are allowed. This is how all the other 'current series' fora work at the moment where threads are made even before the episodes air. You can read the admins stance on that here: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=41008#19
Any further complaints should be posted in that forum instead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
How do you rate a...[snip]
That's one way you can look at it, but technically this episode is also the introducing episode of its own series.
It'd be funny to see what people who hasn't seen Shuffle before think of it.

Last edited by Arimfe; 2007-01-08 at 12:02.
Old 2007-01-08, 11:54   Link #8
htsuji

I know they had to introduce the previous Shuffle! to new watchers who did't know the old story. But they could have done it better. They should have divided this introductory part into several smaller pieces then aired during episode 1 and 2 (or 3), and each episode should have its own new stories either. I love this anime series but listening to Rin's twenty-minute-long monologue at once was a bit too much.
Old 2007-01-08, 11:54   Link #9
bobmarleypeople
Inactive Member

you all suck. the new OP rules!!! A big thanks to Yuria for another great song. Can't wait for the single ^_^
Old 2007-01-08, 12:00   Link #10
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Still no sign of anyone subbing it. Since it is a recap, that generally automatically lowers the rating --- but try to look at it as what it is for: to bring someone up to speed who either hasn't seen the series since it aired (I guess some people don't tape shows for later viewing, eh?) or a summary for first time viewers.

So rate it for its "reader's digest" summary quality....
I'll be waiting for the subs .. assuming anyone subs it.

edit: general rule of thumb for spoilers..... if it is an episode thread... it has spoilers. Don't enter it unless you've seen the episode or don't care about spoilage.
Old 2007-01-08, 17:23   Link #11
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Riker has some episode title list in Shuffle Memories general thread. If that list is true, I don't know what to expect. Is it a retell or not? If the number of episodes in Riker's post is correct, will they omit most of the comedy and stick to the actual plot or do some sort of modular retell or something?

Hmm... ambiguity ambiguity...
Old 2007-01-08, 18:56   Link #12
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
stolen from the other thread ~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riker View Post
Seems like the case:
Spoiler for Episodes Listing:
hmm at first thought i would say that this is the worst thing to happen...but not thinking back i think that this setup can do a lot of explaining for what happened in the original series ~ for one thing ive seen many who has been slagging off asa's action as being OOC or generally just wierd/backstabbing but we really didnt get to hear her side of the story...this recap via each character might explain a lot more and fill in those plot holes ~ which could help the view to be less "bias"

neways the first ep being a total recap didnt impress me much...being that i hate rin...average rating i would say :/

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-01-08, 22:09   Link #13
traziemykel
Chimpira

ohh ... damit.. ^^ anywaiz.. sure?! im still rooting for Primula and asa.. gogogo!

@deathkillz - tnx for that .. so only 12 eps.. so pretty much shuffle girls point of view?
Old 2007-01-09, 01:40   Link #14
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Hmmm, I may ask xris or someone to "clean up the forum hierarchy" and put Shuffle Memories! in its own thread or something... otherwise we'll have Memory ep poll things strewn about the top level shuffle forum.
Old 2007-01-09, 15:48   Link #15
bobmarleypeople
Inactive Member

As said in the general thread, Ayako say that they're gonna sub Episode 1, and you know how fast they get things done, so they reckon they'll get it released in 24 hours after translating it. Their site is down at the mo but the site is http://ayako.snowlava.com/. **waits impatiently**
Old 2007-01-09, 18:31   Link #16
ThoHell

Alright so I just happened to download this today while I was searching for new episodes and stuff to download and came accross this.

Spoiler for title:
Old 2007-01-09, 22:46   Link #17
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmarleypeople View Post
As said in the general thread, Ayako say that they're gonna sub Episode 1, and you know how fast they get things done, so they reckon they'll get it released in 24 hours after translating it. Their site is down at the mo but the site is http://ayako.snowlava.com/. **waits impatiently**
They seem to be having more than just "minor difficulties" ... I hope they actually have someone who knows how to configure a webserver .... ...
Old 2007-01-10, 10:45   Link #18
cz23

It's released.

For the episode, you could actually skip it, if you've watched Shuffle! you've seen everything that is in this episode. There's no preview either, so there isn't actually anything you miss!

I'm sure the fun will start at the next episode, I'm looking forward to it!
Old 2007-01-10, 13:22   Link #19
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

Well just saw the Ayako release...dissapointing after all the wait. And if its just 12 episodes..more so....I hope we get to see movement in the story from the next few.

BTW, are they plannin to start from very late part of the previous series, cause they even mentioned about Primula's past. The only things not told were

i)Secret of Asa-senpai's oka-san
ii)Who Rin chose in the end???
Old 2007-01-10, 14:53   Link #20
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I usually never vote episode-wise, but this was just unbearable that I can't help but vote a 1 for it. For old timers, there's really nothing new there, making this a snore-fest for most of us. And for new comers, it has very big potential to spoil big parts of the story if they are paying attention to the background.

IN OTHER WORDS, AVOID THIS EPS LIKE THE PLAGUE IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE PREVIOUS SEASON YET!

Then again, I'm very biased, because I for one think prologues in books are an absolute waste of time and paper since if its skipped, 95% of the time it would not matter at all. And guess what, this episode is the anime version of it. >_>

AND they took out the OP from last season and kept the ED. Minus points from me, because well, I loved the OP 100 times more than the ED. ^_^

That said...
Spoiler for big spoilers for last season:

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Closed Thread