AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-05, 22:52   Link #21
aulzon

Really looking forward to this. Big fan of Mizuki.

Well some points:

-used Aya's and Misaki's character design is a good choice
-reminded me a lot of To-Love-Ru without the supernatural stuff
-lots of mysteries like why she would stay with Kouta, why she's a maid
-it really needs a hook, something with impact, I mean the hot girl staying with normal shounen guy is pretty standard stuff
Old 2009-07-06, 00:28   Link #22
Jze0
Hmmm...

Just read the first chapter and I have to say that I enjoyed it very much. Its nothing new but it has potential of becoming something good. Hopefully the author can keep things interesting, that way it won't get the ax like her previous work. Will be waiting eagerly for the next chapter.

*waits*
Old 2009-07-06, 00:43   Link #23
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Anyone knows yet what's the story is going to be about? The title is intriguing.
Old 2009-07-06, 00:50   Link #24
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Anyone knows yet what's the story is going to be about? The title is intriguing.
it is about a 13 year guy that meets a 17 year old girl. he see her panties and is surprised at how adult she looks. She see him and asked him for some ice cream he was eating. she promised to pay him for the favor as he runs away from her. He drops his student id, and when she comes to return it she finds that his dad is going to be gone on a reassigment for a while (the father is a single parent) . the girl invites herself to stay in the house and take care of him till the father returns.

I had problem finding a raw or an English scanlation. I only was able to find a Spanish scanlation.
Old 2009-07-06, 01:02   Link #25
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
it is about a 13 year guy that meets a 17 year old girl. he see her panties and is surprised at how adult she looks. She see him and asked him for some ice cream he was eating. she promised to pay him for the favor as he runs away from her. He drops his student id, and when she comes to return it she finds that his dad is going to be gone on a reassigment for a while (the father is a single parent) . the girl invites herself to stay in the house and take care of him till the father returns.

Lesson learned from the above is that if a girl wants my icecream, give it to her, especially if she is wearing special pantsu which gives off that mature aura. In return, she will offer to stay in my house and cook for me, do my laundries, and other stuff that I can think off. This is an anime adaptation waiting to happen.

Thanks a bunch Golthin. I'll add the synopsis in the opening post as well.
Old 2009-07-06, 02:42   Link #26
Sai Feng
Yo-poko! O_O

It was an okay first chapter, but Kawashita making another female character who turns heads wherever she goes is starting to get boring for me. Probably the only one who feels this way
Old 2009-07-06, 04:47   Link #27
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Am reading now... I must say lots of thanks for a comrade who accidentally made me give this manga my approval by reflex.

Mizuki Kawashita? Well-Endowed Girl Senpai X Shota-Like (I mean, shorter and smaller, but I'm too lazy to use these two words. Shota is easier said) Boy Kouhai? Boy is 13 while girl is 17?? Oh joy, I'm sold. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2009-07-06, 05:37   Link #28
amuy

I don't quite get the plot so far...
For me this is unusual for Kawashita works, as you normally have an idea in which direction the manga will go after reading the first chapter (Ichigo, HL...)!

I don't see a romance between Natsuki and Kouta.
I'd rather think, that that blond loli girl will fall for Kouta...
It will be very interesting to see what Natsukis background is!

In general for me its a not-so-typical work of hers so far.

BTW:
Anyone an idea what the spoiler says at the and of the chapter for the next one?
Old 2009-07-06, 06:02   Link #29
blade82

Maybe a suoernatural thing she's here to protect him from demon or somthing she's strong for that
Old 2009-07-06, 07:56   Link #30
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post

I had problem finding a raw or an English scanlation. I only was able to find a Spanish scanlation.
From what's mentioned on MU, I thought she was his older sister... ok now I'm not interested in reading the manga lol j/k

I'll check it out soon...
Old 2009-07-06, 11:58   Link #31
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Just read chapter 1, and it seems like the girl pretty much ran away from home and decided to do something unusual with her life. Although there are a few mysteries like why her parents arent looking for her when her school is still close enough for her to still attend it...

http://sining83.blogspot.com
Old 2009-07-06, 14:15   Link #32
zato_1one

I hope this won't turn into another love triangle like previous series. I really love the art but I get bore pretty quick with that type of story. Please add some supernatural like Lilim Kiss.

But it's a great start to design character after Yamamoto. I hope I will see a character like Enomoto Kei soon.
Old 2009-07-06, 14:24   Link #33
Dragon TY

I like this manga so far so I will give it a chance.

Credit goes to Tjaard for avatar and sig.
Old 2009-07-07, 01:02   Link #34
Fran~
floating away...

Old 2009-07-07, 02:37   Link #35
amuy

I hope that some other group/person will also "scanlate" this chapter, as the sole one which is currently available isn't as good translated as the translation which can be found on MH...

Btw:
It seems as Natsukis "secret" will be revealed next chapter!
Old 2009-07-07, 02:43   Link #36
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam View Post
From what's mentioned on MU, I thought she was his older sister... .
That's what I thought also when I saw "Ane" in the title and hence, why I was intrigued. Btw, the literal translation of the title is Sister Throb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amuy View Post
Btw:
It seems as Natsukis "secret" will be revealed next chapter!
Natsuki is the 13-yr-old's sister?

Last edited by monir; 2009-07-07 at 04:15.
Old 2009-07-07, 03:22   Link #37
zato_1one

Quote:
That's what I thought also when I saw "Ane" in the title and hence, why I was intrigued.
That's exactly the same reason which make me want to check this new manga.
Old 2009-07-07, 04:09   Link #38
amuy

Quote:
Natsuki is the 13-yr-old sister?
No, the 17 year old chick living with the 13 year old boy...
Old 2009-07-07, 04:15   Link #39
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by amuy View Post
No, the 17 year old chick living with the 13 year old boy...
Whoops.. looks like I've missed the apostrophe-s along with "13-yr-old." I'll edit. I'm speculating in my previous post by saying that the secret is probably that Natsuki is the sister of the 13 yr old whose parent neglected to mention. I presume that the title to this manga should make more sense in that way.
Old 2009-07-07, 05:32   Link #40
NeoSam

Ahh yes, another manga to satisfy my older sister fetish now if only another twin older sister joins in

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen