AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-07-27, 23:38   Link #21301
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I certainly don't have a problem with DBZ or Mega Man X merchandise... but honestly, don't see why such images are in this thread.
Old 2011-07-27, 23:51   Link #21302
Critias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiu_fan View Post
Tamiya has a specific kind of primer in a spray can. It also comes in 2 colors: white and gray. Since you intend to paint your kit white, then grab the white primer.
hmmm. Just throwing out my two cents on this one:

If he is painting his old Epyon from red to white, then gray might actually work better. White primer MAY "absorb" the color it's painted on (i.e. the primer may actually turn pink). I would say use gray primer, then a white paint coat.

Just throwing it out there. Not arguing against Chiu, just making sure he's aware of what others have been through.
Critias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 01:50   Link #21303
Meehlimo
Gundam Otaku

Send a message via AIM to Meehlimo Send a message via MSN to Meehlimo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post

Saw the MG Sandrock up for preorder, debating whether i should get it or not
is this guy in the EW color scheme or the KAI color?
Old 2011-07-28, 02:10   Link #21304
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meehlimo View Post
Endless Waltz.
Old 2011-07-28, 04:01   Link #21305
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meehlimo View Post
This is the EW:GOTD Sandrock, which means it'll be in Ver. Ka colors.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 05:26   Link #21306
skyboy928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critias View Post
hmmm. Just throwing out my two cents on this one:

If he is painting his old Epyon from red to white, then gray might actually work better. White primer MAY "absorb" the color it's painted on (i.e. the primer may actually turn pink). I would say use gray primer, then a white paint coat.

Just throwing it out there. Not arguing against Chiu, just making sure he's aware of what others have been through.
thanks, i guess i will check out both of them
skyboy928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 08:46   Link #21307
suiton629
Master Grade Master

I found some new images of upcoming High Grade, 1/144 Gundam model kits!

HGUC 1/144 RGM-96X Jesta
http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2011/0...new-large.html

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

HG 1/144 Gundam AGE-1 Normal
http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2011/0...ormal-new.html

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Wow. These HG kits are looking more and more MG quality-ish. I can't imagine what like the Master Grade version of the "Normal" AGE Gundam will look like.
Old 2011-07-28, 09:33   Link #21308
suiton629
Master Grade Master

I found some new info at Gundam Guy's blog. It gives the new release dates & prices for a few upcoming kits.

Spoiler tags shows large images, and more images can be seen in the individual links I provided below...

SD BB Senshi Kshatriya - Release Date Confirmed
SD BB Senshi Kshatriya (Release Date: Aug 25th 2011, Price: 1050 Yen)
http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2011/0...ease-date.html

Spoiler:

HGFC 1/144 Master Gundam & Fuuunsaiki - Release Date Confirmed
HGFC 1/144 Master Gundam & Fuuunsaiki (Release Date: Aug 25th 2011, Price: 2730 Yen)
http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2011/0...nsaiki_28.html

Spoiler:

HGFC 1/144 Shining Gundam - Release Date Confirmed
HGFC 1/144 Shining Gundam (Release Date: Aug 25th 2011, Price: 1575 Yen)
http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2011/0...ease-date.html

Spoiler:

MG 1/100 MSN-001A1 Delta Plus - Consolidated Official Images & Release Date Confirmed
MG 1/100 MSN-001A1 Delta Plus (Release Date: Aug 4th 2011, Price: 4725 Yen)
http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2011/0...elta-plus.html

Spoiler:

Very exciting news!!

>_<

Oh and if you want to see more detailed pix of any of the above kits, check the links right under each of them!

Last edited by suiton629; 2011-07-28 at 09:49.
suiton629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 11:47   Link #21309
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Putting large images in spoilers does mean people still have to load them regardless of whether the spoiler is open, you know. Please, upload it to imageshack or something that offers thumbnail views so everyone doesn't have to wait 10 minutes for this thread to load. There are forum rules about such a thing.
Old 2011-07-28, 12:17   Link #21310
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Putting large images in spoilers does mean people still have to load them regardless of whether the spoiler is open, you know. Please, upload it to imageshack or something that offers thumbnail views so everyone doesn't have to wait 10 minutes for this thread to load. There are forum rules about such a thing.
i agree. many folks dont have a very powerfull connection, thumbnails would help a lot for them. personally i dont care because i have a 32mbit connection but still, keep in mind those poor guys who still use a 56k modem^^

these images make me even more excited about the MG delta plus though.... i cant wait to get my hands on it! =D
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 12:41   Link #21311
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
i agree. many folks dont have a very powerfull connection, thumbnails would help a lot for them. personally i dont care because i have a 32mbit connection but still, keep in mind those poor guys who still use a 56k modem^^

these images make me even more excited about the MG delta plus though.... i cant wait to get my hands on it! =D
To be quite blunt, if you still have a 56k connection, then it's really about time for you at least upgrade to DSL, which these days is ridiculously cheap.
Old 2011-07-28, 13:19   Link #21312
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxnike629xx View Post
To be quite blunt, if you still have a 56k connection, then it's really about time for you at least upgrade to DSL, which these days is ridiculously cheap.
i remember that i have read an article that said that about 40% of all americans are still behind a 56k modem :P i dont remember where i read that or how reliable that was though^^
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 13:33   Link #21313
skyboy928

i got another paint question for you guys.
as i was saying i'm about to paint my old Epyon white, now i know i do need primer,
but the question is, should i disassemble to whole kit to do that or should i keep it intact and just paint it this way?
i did see a video clip on youtube about a guy doing primer on G-Gundam, which he just mount the G-Gundam on a stick and start spraying.
but there's couple comment saying that's not the good way to prime.

so i'm thinking to disassemble the whole thing, do you guys think that's the good way to do so? or is there a better way?

anyway, i can't wait to get off work now, i'm gonna run to the local hobby shop to get my paint
Old 2011-07-28, 13:38   Link #21314
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyboy928 View Post
i got another paint question for you guys.
as i was saying i'm about to paint my old Epyon white, now i know i do need primer,
but the question is, should i disassemble to whole kit to do that or should i keep it intact and just paint it this way?
i did see a video clip on youtube about a guy doing primer on G-Gundam, which he just mount the G-Gundam on a stick and start spraying.
but there's couple comment saying that's not the good way to prime.

so i'm thinking to disassemble the whole thing, do you guys think that's the good way to do so? or is there a better way?

anyway, i can't wait to get off work now, i'm gonna run to the local hobby shop to get my paint
It's best to do it like this:

1. take off the armor pieces by sections
2. take those armor pieces and organize it so you know where they go
3. after you get all the armor pieces (and any clear piece) taken off, just spray the entire inner frame as is with the primer
4. then go piece by piece with the armor pieces w/ the primer

just make sure you let the primer dry up completely before painting with colored paints...

after you prime & paint, it's important to get like a clear coat (flat or glossy depending on what you like) to protect the paint job

Oh and check this out too...

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2011/0...w-katsumi.html

It gives a lot of tips on building...

=)
Old 2011-07-28, 13:42   Link #21315
GameraBaenre

It is easier to paint in sub sections. Everyone works differently. You can always check out the tutorials on this site: http://thosegundamguys.org/category/techniques/ Or my site: http://gamerabaenre.com/?page_id=1202

Here's a picture of how I have my parts laid out when I paint. But note that each kit is different, so the break down will be different.
GameraBaenre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 14:39   Link #21316
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Man, the Jesta has one god damn ugly shield.

I hate it.

Last edited by GN0010 Nosferatu; 2011-07-28 at 15:41.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 15:13   Link #21317
skyboy928

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameraBaenre View Post
It is easier to paint in sub sections. Everyone works differently. You can always check out the tutorials on this site: http://thosegundamguys.org/category/techniques/ Or my site: http://gamerabaenre.com/?page_id=1202

Here's a picture of how I have my parts laid out when I paint. But note that each kit is different, so the break down will be different.
ic ic, i think for this time i'm gonna do it like my Deathscythe and see the result, i guess these painting stuff is need to be trail and error.
however i'm interested to learn how did you make your kit like it was in actual battle? i did saw the weathering effect video that you post recently, however i can't seem to find the one that you make the damage on the kit itself.

i think once i tried the custom painting, i wanna try the damage and weather effect next. especially now all these Wing got MG release, so all my old one i could use it as experiment,
Old 2011-07-28, 15:19   Link #21318
GameraBaenre

Unfortunately, I didn't do a video of the damaging process. But I mostly used a hobby knife for the bullet holes and nicks in the armor. The hobby knife can create dents and all sorts of little damages.

For the bigger slashes, I used a soldering iron and very carefully and quickly ran the hot tip against the plastic. Then I use a hobby knife to make cut marks on the edges to create jagged edges. To help soften the plastic while I worked with the hobby knife, I use styrene glue (tamiya extra thin cement).

I definitely recommend taking an old kit you have to practice making damages. Always look at a reference picture to see if you can re-create the damage. It's how I learned and started adding damages to my kits.
GameraBaenre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 15:34   Link #21319
skyboy928

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameraBaenre View Post
Unfortunately, I didn't do a video of the damaging process. But I mostly used a hobby knife for the bullet holes and nicks in the armor. The hobby knife can create dents and all sorts of little damages.

For the bigger slashes, I used a soldering iron and very carefully and quickly ran the hot tip against the plastic. Then I use a hobby knife to make cut marks on the edges to create jagged edges. To help soften the plastic while I worked with the hobby knife, I use styrene glue (tamiya extra thin cement).

I definitely recommend taking an old kit you have to practice making damages. Always look at a reference picture to see if you can re-create the damage. It's how I learned and started adding damages to my kits.
i used to hate painting or do anything extra on my Gundam kit, cause they are already look so nice even without doing anything extra, but the more i look at other's creation, i started to wonder, but still one thing stop me ever trying..... the price. each kit is getting more and more expensive these day, i was afraid to mess up and ruin the whole thing. but now that Wing release in MG, it give me one reason to start trying. like you said it, it's best to use old kit to practice. especially my entire Wing Gundam collection been with me for more than 15 years!!! lol
Old 2011-07-28, 18:07   Link #21320
Critias

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyboy928 View Post
thanks, i guess i will check out both of them
try them out on some no grade models if you like. Or even some large enough sprue trees to see if there's a color change
Critias is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy