AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2013-07-17, 12:03   Link #21
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRaven View Post
well sasuke wants to get rid of all the tailed beasts and that includes kurama who happens to be sealed inside naruto.. on the other hand naruto wishes to save the tailed beasts so there's one reason why sasuke want to kill/defeat naruto
Since when did Sasuke want to get rid of the tailed beasts? He just didn't care if they died if it meant stopping the Jubii. That's different from actively trying to eradicate them.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-17, 12:37   Link #22
yogotah

Come on, it's obvious Sasuke has ulterior motives..he might have noble intentions, but his idea of actually realizing his intent will probably be dark and twisted.

"I will destroy the past"

That can't be a good thing haha
yogotah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-17, 14:14   Link #23
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollian View Post
Where did all this Kill Naruto come from? are you guys following the same story as I am. this is a guy who turned him back on the Village to kill his Brother and restore his Clan's name. this has nothing to do with killing Naruto.
then what would you take as "DELETE the past" means showing naruto's photo being slashed, ok may be not litereally killing then defeating but for some reason he is against naruto that's for sure

or else why would they show naruto's photo from the flashback being slashed

whatever it turns out in the end, i am sure it means more than it seems right now, because so far according to me sasuke has not done anything out of line from it's character's path

as for the current chapter,i think kishi is just telling us tiny parts of what is really going in sasuke's mind, he is messing with our minds

Last edited by mystogan; 2013-07-17 at 14:28.
mystogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-17, 14:24   Link #24
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by forcerounds View Post
That scene is so vague it could mean more than one motive on Sasuke's mind. We'll have to wait to find out. A good way to do this would be for Sasuke and Naruto to be sent to Obitio's dimension so that they can chill for a bit and talk to Kakashi.
Kakashi is at the top of my list to get naruto and sasuke out of this predicament provided Minatos jutsu doesn't work (I'm thinking it will since the jutsu hasn't been seen before). Considering that flashback, Kakashi zapping them from the great beyond works for me.
The other Edo kages are tied up at the moment, leafing the living kages as my next guess. Maybe Sakura lives up to all that talk about her new role and intervenes

Also it looks like we are at the point in DBZ where Gohan watched how to fight cell...next comes a big sacrifice. Then the powerups...
Old 2013-07-17, 14:32   Link #25
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunarskylar View Post
So Juubi Jinchuriki has weird ass orochimaru abilities...

And alright, looks like sasuke may still be cookoo bananas
He never showed signs of not being crazy, even after the Kage meeting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler-kun View Post
Ehm, no, you misunderstood it.

He wants to be the one that wipes out Naruto, his past. Thus he protects him for now.
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystogan View Post
based on the flashback back photo of team seven and naruto's part getting slashed in half, i think sasuke wants to be the one to kill naruto, although i wonder why?, the change in his character has not been clear ever since he talked to the four kages.

he wants to be the hokage and also kill naruto, may be this is to the death match between naruto and sasuke for the seat of hokage or may be sasuke has some other reason that he wants to kill naruto

this was actually a revelation to the change in sasuke's character, but i guess we will have to wait until the end of war to completely understand it,
i think kishi is giving us tiny bits of it to keep us confused
I said this on another site. After the Kage meeting, Sasuke didn't change his personality, only his intentions. He's still the same as when he went after Itachi or fought Killer Bee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmacintosh View Post
The seal that appears on Obito's back after he goes after the 3rd...Is he absorbing or sealing Hiruzen in any way? It seems there is some significance to him making contact with the enemy through that black fluid. Now that he has touched Sasuke and Naruto is he absorbing or sealing them now as well?
That seal was there since the transformation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminion Lancer View Post
-Another chapter and yet further demonstration of just how much stronger Obito is now that he has the 10-tails sealed within him. Thankfully, the process seems to have robbed Obito of his ability to speak. Considering how much whining he did before this transformation, I'm kinda glad that he does not speak much of anything for now. Strong, silent and deadly to all. As Tobi he was humorous. As "Madara" he was cold and calculating. As Obito he was a gigantic whinefest, moaning at the pains of his non-existent heart. This is definitely a positive step-up from before.

-Sasuke...I'm having a hard time taking seriously. I get that Kishimoto has to give a reason for Sasuke and Naruto to fight once and for all, but I don't get the reasoning behind it. What exactly did Naruto DO to warrant Sasuke's wrath (though it isn't like it takes much to earn it in the first place)? Last I checked he is one of his biggest supporters throughout the story. It just doesn't send a good message here: "Grrr Naruto, how dare you defend my good name and believe in me? That act fills me with murder frenzy".
He promised to kill Naruto after Team 7 reunited after Sasuke killed Danzo. I don't remember him ever dropping it.
Old 2013-07-17, 14:59   Link #26
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
He promised to kill Naruto after Team 7 reunited after Sasuke killed Danzo. I don't remember him ever dropping it.
-Again, I ask what exactly did Naruto do that warranted Sasuke's need to "kill him"? When he made that promise, he was still under the influence of Obito (as Madara). But then it seemed like Hashirama's bedtime story took the crazy stick out of his butt. Yet he's now going specifically for Naruto, his "past". What's the motivation here? It can't be jealousy since he considers himself superior (or at least acts that way). It can't be for revenge since Naruto never ultimately did anything to Sasuke or his family. So what is it?
Old 2013-07-17, 15:31   Link #27
Cookie-Monster

What happened to the kyuubi's chit chat with Naruto? I was quite enjoying that stuff.
Cookie-Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-17, 15:38   Link #28
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Lol Sasuke only saved Naruto so he could kill him himself. Juubi has some interesting powers. Wonder how Madara fighting Hashirama is his trump card.
Old 2013-07-17, 15:39   Link #29
shalala

I wonder if Sasake will also go and kill Sakura and Kakashi as well? Obito has some weird as abilites. I take it he can still use his eyes as well? Soo why wouldn't he.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-17, 17:59   Link #30
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminion Lancer View Post
-Again, I ask what exactly did Naruto do that warranted Sasuke's need to "kill him"? When he made that promise, he was still under the influence of Obito (as Madara). But then it seemed like Hashirama's bedtime story took the crazy stick out of his butt. Yet he's now going specifically for Naruto, his "past". What's the motivation here? It can't be jealousy since he considers himself superior (or at least acts that way). It can't be for revenge since Naruto never ultimately did anything to Sasuke or his family. So what is it?
I can't discern any personal reasons why, but Sasuke feels he must get rid of Naruto to move on. Maybe, it's because Naruto won't give up on him, and Sasuke knows it.
Old 2013-07-17, 19:23   Link #31
Pudakillz

I disagree with you guys in regards to sasuke wanting to protect Naruto indefinitely now. Didn't anyone else notice the slash going across the picture of Team 7? You must also go back a few chapters and take notice again of Sai and Sakura's reaction to this 'new' Sasuke. He's majorly twisted and he has no care for what others think of him which is why he will never be able to obtain leadership. Take what Naruto has done for the whole village and then take what Sasuke has done for it. This chapter told me that Sasuke wants to destroy the past and start a new and I think he believes that Naruto is a threat to him. Just my opinion
Pudakillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-17, 19:25   Link #32
mayumi

At this point, there is really no reason for Sasuke to really want to kill Naruto unless he thinks Naruto is in his way to becoming hokage. In which case he needs a kick up his butt. you don't try to think you will become hokage after getting rid of village's hero.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-17, 19:31   Link #33
Pudakillz

^ totally agree,

Thoughts on trump card?

Last edited by Hunter; 2013-07-17 at 20:30.
Pudakillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-17, 20:30   Link #34
Reality_Breaker

.... Is it me or has Kishimoto's bias towards Sasuke been showing a lot more since he joined the war? I've been saying this for a long time he should change the name of the manga to Sasuke Shippudden.-_-'

If I wasn't interested on how the hell this is going to end I would have stopped reading this long ago. Anyways good chapter at least until Sasuke started showing off.
Old 2013-07-17, 20:41   Link #35
mayumi

^ I see it more like a repeat of Sasuke trying to act cool but getting beaten down and making a mistake over and over again.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 04:37   Link #36
Shay
Monarch Programmer

All I got from this is that Sasuke is still crazy. Need to see animated...
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 05:53   Link #37
Tchadnis

Quote:
Originally Posted by forcerounds View Post
That scene is so vague it could mean more than one motive on Sasuke's mind. We'll have to wait to find out. A good way to do this would be for Sasuke and Naruto to be sent to Obitio's dimension so that they can chill for a bit and talk to Kakashi.
he used his rinnegan to pull them toward him but i dont think he plan to send them to another dimension with kamui , Obito just a killing monster atm i think he just want to crush them together , he has what he need , no need to go easy on them now , he can just wipe them off the planet ..
Old 2013-07-18, 18:53   Link #38
DJ*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchadnis View Post
he used his rinnegan to pull them toward him but i dont think he plan to send them to another dimension with kamui , Obito just a killing monster atm i think he just want to crush them together , he has what he need , no need to go easy on them now , he can just wipe them off the planet ..
Indeed, you can see from the orbs behind his hands, that he's looking to do the same thing to them that he did to Hiruzen.
Old 2013-07-18, 22:43   Link #39
xellos2099

In a sense shouldn't Naruto sense Sasuke's evil since he can sense evil or negative emotion while in 9 tail mode,
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 22:54   Link #40
Alchemist007
*Author

Sasuke's always like that, it's probably sensing as "oh it's just Sasuke being Sasuke" to Naruto.

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion