AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2008-12-22, 21:57   Link #21
Theowne
耳をすませば

Haha, I just basically broke my back digging up tons and tons of snow outside. I was inside watching anime on the first day of Winter Break and didn't even notice it was piling up outside....you pay for your mistakes.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Theowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-22, 22:01   Link #22
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theowne View Post
Haha, I just basically broke my back digging up tons and tons of snow outside. I was inside watching anime on the first day of Winter Break and didn't even notice it was piling up outside....you pay for your mistakes.
I feel your pain...

I heard there was a lot of snow in Toronto, and Montreal looked like a ghost town xD.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Hari Michiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-22, 22:02   Link #23
LeoXiao
思想工作

The city I live in only gets snow for about two or three days per year and we have a lot of hills, so when it snows, school closes and the number of cars on the street is cut by 95%. I just had this last week off because we got like a foot and a half, which is like ten times the normal amount.

I'm pretty happy about that.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-22, 22:04   Link #24
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

It almost never snows around here. As it stands, I can only remember one time several years ago where we had a few bits of it, but only high on top of the mountains.

Some people snapped back then and actually went climbing only for the once in a lifetime chance of actually building a snowman.
Old 2008-12-22, 22:20   Link #25
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Where I live in the United States, no snow just yet.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-22, 23:19   Link #26
kyon.haruhi.suzumiya

Yeah, I got snow here. In Snow City
Jokes aside, I just left Tokyo for Singapore on the 20th. So you get the idea. My annual sabbatical.

EDIT: I'm going back to Fukuoka this evening. In time for Xmas Eve. Still, no snow, just rain.

Last edited by kyon.haruhi.suzumiya; 2008-12-23 at 01:28.
kyon.haruhi.suzumiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-23, 01:06   Link #27
Minorou
Hmm...

Send a message via AIM to Minorou Send a message via MSN to Minorou
Ah, snow... such a bittersweet relationship I have with it. I was born in the Sunshine State, and thus lived my younger childhood without the knowledge of the existence of snow. When my family moved up to Wisconsin and I saw my first snowfall, I was dead scared of the stuff. I couldn't make heads or tails of the cold white stuff that turned to water when you touched it. Thanks to friends, I eventually learned the joys of snow: snowball fights, snowforts, snowmen.

Then I grew up. And I had to shovel said snow off the driveway every few days. I did the math; I've shovelled several thousand pounds of snow in my lifetime. I eventually learned an extreme hated for cold weather in and of itself. Every winter my sinuses were permanently stuffed or runny, and my lips were always chapped. I longed for the day I graduated from high school to go out on my own and leave the state for warmer pastures. Eventually it happened, and now I'm happily going about in college back in Florida, very much enjoying my 80 F degree weather mid-December.

...I probably typed too much on the subject, but it was too fun to type the monologue. My hatred for snow/winter became a rather popular subject for my family to joke about and associate with.
Old 2008-12-23, 01:10   Link #28
Deso
I am about to leave again
*Artist

Here in Indiana, it hasn't snowed for a week or so.....and down here we believe that if there's no snow.......there's no Christmas......so right now we have no snow......but we will get it soon, I hope.....

~You don't want to believe in my existance because you're afraid that I'm real......

Last edited by Deso; 2008-12-23 at 01:25.
Deso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-23, 01:24   Link #29
Katocchi
Your Order ?
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Katocchi
I never get Snow in my Country because i Live in Tropical Country
and give comment ^^

Old 2008-12-23, 01:32   Link #30
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

They say humans just want the things they don't have, and hate the things they have.

It's never more right with snow!

I was jumping for joy and could not sit still for ten minutes when the city I live in -- see my location? -- gets a snow shower a few days ago. I'm 19 and I was giddy as any child when I saw the pretty white things covering the street, and proud of it! Now of course, when I talk to some older people who actually get to live in places where the snow is permanent for months in a year, they usually really hate it because of the hassle with driving issues and clearing them out and all.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-23, 01:40   Link #31
Katocchi
Your Order ?
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Katocchi
^ what You say is true .. I ever think that I want feel Snow .. but Someone told me that Snow just Annoying .. I don't know How People on other Climate think about Snow .. is that Interesting or Annoying ..
and give comment ^^

Old 2008-12-23, 02:58   Link #32
grimwald

I've grown up with snow all my life. I live in an area where 2 or 3 feet of snow is pretty normal during winter. Having lived with it this long, some people think i would pretty sick of it by now, but its just normal for us here in Montana.

I hear stories like Seattle pretty much shutting down after a skiff of snow, and i cant help but chuckle to myself. It snowed about a foot today, and no schools or businesses closed, the plows have had to run all day, but nobody missed work. It's almost like two different worlds.

The worst was when i lived in Wyoming for a year. At 6000 feet elevation and being mostly flat, the snow didn't stick, but the wind pushed into drifts that could get ridiculous, like 15+ feet in some areas. Sometimes the snow would drift up against your car and freeze solid, effectively grounding your vehicle unless you chipped it all away.
grimwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-23, 03:59   Link #33
Honda Boy Techy
I has a Civic

We had a freak snow storm here recently. Usually we don't get a good snow here (if at all) until January but me and my friend were just sittin at work by ourselves and looked out the window and it started to come down pretty good. We even lost power for about half an hour. We just sat in the dining room (restaurant) and stared at the snow till the power came back on. We wound up closing early since obviously no one was gonna come in. Had to leave my Civic in the parking lot and ride home with him in his 4x4 Jeep.
Honda Boy Techy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-23, 04:02   Link #34
Solais
Youkai of Coincidence

Snow was always part of a normal Winter/Christmas here. Now, since this Global Warming thing began, we haven't seen snow since 2002. We -really- miss it, and we -really- yearn for snow, because we haven't had a White Christmas for years. For people, who was used to snow, these warm winters in the recent years was disappointing.
And while I mostly hated snow when I was a child, I miss it too now.
Solais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-23, 04:34   Link #35
Takeru
Jag äter idioter
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Takeru
I, living in Colorado, get a fair share of snow every year. This year is pretty normal with snow storms every 5 days or so with snow over 6" deep. I love snow, by the way. Lived here for three years and have yet complained about having to shovel it.
Just another thing, if this Global Warming is real, how did Vegas get snowed on a few weeks ago? I lived there for five years and it never snowed. O_o;
Old 2008-12-23, 04:50   Link #36
Matrix Phantom

Send a message via AIM to Matrix Phantom Send a message via MSN to Matrix Phantom
I live in Cleveland OH and usually it snows on X-mas but for the past 3 years it hasn't, which really sucks. We usually get our huge snowfalls from January - April, sometimes even May.
Matrix Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-23, 05:02   Link #37
wao
OK.

I'm rotting away in Bellevue, Washington right now, and have finally seen and touched snow for the first time in my entire life a few days ago

It turns out I'm lucky too, because apparently this part of Washington doesn't get that much snow most of the time. When I arrived there were only light coverings of it in some places, and that was awesome enough for me (OMG! My breath is condensing! I can step on white soft things!)

But last Thursday or so it snowed the whole day and it was fantastic because I could go stepping around in the snow and watching my foot go all the way in. Even slipped once. And day before yesterday it snowed further; this time it felt different because when you stepped it was harder and crunchier due to a layer of ice. Spent a good while childishly brushing snow off bushes (and helping my brother unstick his car :P)

I came rather ill-prepared though, under the impression that it doesn't snow so much - so I don't have proper shoes for walking in snow... I live with it though, no use getting expensive boots just for 4 weeks

tl;dr - snow quite literally rocks my socks. Speaking of which 3 pairs is disastrously few...
Old 2008-12-23, 05:11   Link #38
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
I don't know if we'll have snow this year it all depends on our kind of summer but perhaps we will because this year's summer was quite cool
last year we had mist instead of snow, so much that you couldn't see past 2 foot in front of you and it was on new years eve even (driving back home was a disaster that year ha ha)
I hope we get snow and not just wet snow like we usually have, but I also hope we don't cause I deliver mail as a side job and snow makes it a whole lot harder and less bearable, my dog would love the snow though she has only seen it once before in her life
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-23, 05:43   Link #39
Clarste
Human

I live in the SF bay area, where it doesn't really snow. I used to love snow when I was kid and went on skiing trips with the family, etc, because it was so new and different. Nowadays, whenever I travel somewhere that snows, I just think of it like rain except it's really cold. Bonechilling cold is something I don't like to deal with.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-23, 08:02   Link #40
Irkalla
I asked for this

All the snow that fell here has already melted away..But there is still a lot of snow on the mountains so I can still enjoy winter sports ^o^

Tags
blizzard, snow, weather