AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-10-05, 02:50   Link #1321
AP24

So all the previous champions (Azusa, Taiga and Rika) lost in this round.

It's either Ika Musume or Ako, but I'd say Ako.
For the other one it could be a tough match but I'd say Sena.
Old 2012-10-05, 03:17   Link #1322
JW1

I had to laugh at today's graph. Either the tracker has gone haywire or the fakers have just decided they don't care any more.
Old 2012-10-05, 07:55   Link #1323
RJ TAYLER

Today we are finishing a round with a real laugh, could they be more Captain Obvious with this?

A case of "Hello Goodbye" with the past two matches. Right in time for bushfire season it's still a warm "Hello" to that burning one Shana, lighting it up for another year. Alas one of her Class of '07 counterparts it is 'last orders' and "Goodbye" to the Nawab of the Ni-pah, the 2007 Champion turns out the light on this the past champions parade Rika take your final bows my dear.
Old 2012-10-05, 09:09   Link #1324
Wanderer
Goat

Just realized that each match today had two characters with the same VA.
Old 2012-10-05, 09:18   Link #1325
Team Rocket Elite

Final count is 10 Saki characters advanced into Round 3. Ika Musume wasn't even close to beating Ako which was a bit surprising. I guess the Saki fanbase had really shown how tough its top tiers are to beat, though. Sena on the other hand has a lot more trouble with Elsie than I expected. She almost manages to lose. Her Block might not have any Saki characters but Sena might not be strong enough to captilize of that to make the Top 8.
Old 2012-10-05, 09:19   Link #1326
stormtrooper

Picks (17-15)
Predictions (25-7)

Good win for Ako and Sena.
Old 2012-10-05, 09:23   Link #1327
Hachiko
The Akita

If an umbrella were a Saimoe dream...

Spoiler for A dream deferred...:

Old 2012-10-05, 09:24   Link #1328
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

G4
1st 399 Ako Atarashi @ Saki
2nd 241 Squid Girl @ Squid Girl
3rd 45 Mael Strom @ Kore Wa Zombie Desu Ka?

H4
1st 262 Sena Kashiwazaki @ Boku Wa Tomodachi Ga Sukunai
2nd 244 Elucia De Lute Irma @ The World God Only Knows
3rd 114 Marika Katou @ Bodacious Space Pirates

I found it funny group G is Nisemonogatari vs Saki
Old 2012-10-05, 09:29   Link #1329
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Poor Tomonori

At least Sena won
Old 2012-10-05, 09:39   Link #1330
Wanderer
Goat

And so I finish round 2 at...

Round 1: Picks (45-43-8), Predictions (69-27)
Round 2: Picks (12-20), Predictions (22-10)

Round 2 was pretty unhappy for me, as you might guess from 12-20 for picks. My top remaining favorites are Kobato, Hisa, and Kirame. It'll be pretty hard for any of them to make the top 8.

There will be eight days of matches for round 3. Seven of them will include at least one -Saki- character.
Old 2012-10-05, 09:44   Link #1331
hinakatbklyn

Reviewing personal favorites still active in Round 3:

(A) Kobato > Yuuki > Koromo
(B) Akari > Toki
(C) Cthugha <Ku-Ko> > Astarotte <Lotte> (Ku-Ko over Shizuno was an interesting result)
(D) Nagi > Lousie > Hinata (Although it would be interesting to see Hinata continue to advance. Too bad Madoka Kyouno didn't advance)
(E) Charlotte Dunois (Third round for the second year in a row, nice.)
(F) Kuro Matsumi > Ririchiyo
(G) Ako Atarashi
(H) Mio Akiyama > Sena Kashiwazaki > Airi (Since Sena had alittle trouble against Elucia, maybe Mio could reach the block finals again.)
Old 2012-10-05, 09:49   Link #1332
Hachiko
The Akita

I have posted my odds for the Third Round.
Old 2012-10-05, 09:55   Link #1333
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

I'd expect the second set of R3 matches to be an all out war with a pair of Rie v Saki matches.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-10-05, 10:06   Link #1334
AP24

Now it's round 3 with 32 contestants left.

By series, Saki is still dominating by having with 10 characters in round 3 (too bad 3 of them are in Group A). If all goes well for them there could be up to 9 Saki characters in the group finals and up to 6 Saki characters in the Top 8. There were 8 Idolmaster characters in round 2 but now it's down to 2 characters in round 3, though it's because half of them got beaten by Saki and Rie Kugimiya characters.

By voice actors, Rie Kugimiya is still dominating with 6 characters in round 3. Too bad Louise and Nagi have to compete against each other but if all goes well for them there could be up to 5 characters in the top 8 that are voiced by Rie Kugimiya. All Kana Hanazawa characters in round 2 made to round 3, but out of 3 of them I think only Kuro will advance to the group finals because she is a Saki character and the other 2 characters will be facing Saki characters.

So it looks like that this year's Top 8 will be like last year which half of them are from the same series (Saki for this year). It's also possible that half of this year's Top 8 will be Rie Kugimiya characters. It will be a lot more interesting if 4 of the Top 8 are Saki and the other 4 are Rie Kugimiya characters.
Old 2012-10-05, 10:44   Link #1335
seemmeriast

Turns out that Ako is certainly one of the top characters. 399 is the third highest number of votes in this round.

Round 3 is now negligible. She will have her dream mahjong match with Nodoka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
It will be a lot more interesting if 4 of the Top 8 are Saki and the other 4 are Rie Kugimiya characters.
This is totally possible this year. Or maybe 5 Sakis and 4 Kugyuus; Tacos is counted as both.
Old 2012-10-05, 10:45   Link #1336
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
Now it's round 3 with 32 contestants left.

By series, Saki is still dominating by having with 10 characters in round 3 (too bad 3 of them are in Group A). If all goes well for them there could be up to 9 Saki characters in the group finals and up to 6 Saki characters in the Top 8. There were 8 Idolmaster characters in round 2 but now it's down to 2 characters in round 3, though it's because half of them got beaten by Saki and Rie Kugimiya characters.

By voice actors, Rie Kugimiya is still dominating with 6 characters in round 3. Too bad Louise and Nagi have to compete against each other but if all goes well for them there could be up to 5 characters in the top 8 that are voiced by Rie Kugimiya. All Kana Hanazawa characters in round 2 made to round 3, but out of 3 of them I think only Kuro will advance to the group finals because she is a Saki character and the other 2 characters will be facing Saki characters.

So it looks like that this year's Top 8 will be like last year which half of them are from the same series (Saki for this year). It's also possible that half of this year's Top 8 will be Rie Kugimiya characters. It will be a lot more interesting if 4 of the Top 8 are Saki and the other 4 are Rie Kugimiya characters.
I don't think 4/8 of the top 8 is Saki and other 4/8 of 8 is Kugimiya Rie characters will be an interesting top 8 to be honest plus I think only 1-2 Kugimiya characters will be in the top 8 or zero Kugimiyas since most of their opponents are stronger than them and Nagi/Shana usually get trolled in saimoe as well.
Old 2012-10-05, 17:25   Link #1337
timbits
Harem Lead

Quote:
Originally Posted by seemmeriast View Post
This is totally possible this year. Or maybe 5 Sakis and 4 Kugyuus; Tacos is counted as both.
How horrifying.

On a related note, most sakis seem to have pretty easy round 3 matchups that guarantee their victory.
Old 2012-10-05, 22:20   Link #1338
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

I lost my net for two days - So I see I lost my bet, thus the customary cardboard waiting for me. That said, I'm also fine with Tsukihi moving forward in Rea's place. Group G's Saki vs Nisemonogatari Round 3 setup is quite interesting.

Ako survived the high-water mark of Ika's second invasion. Seems the high tide of her invasion peaked last year. On the other hand, great to see Sena advance, making her my third surviving favorite.

The list that I was never able to declare beforehand:
  • Hitagi Senjougahara
  • Yuuko Kanoe (R1)
  • Rea Sanka (R2)
  • Karen Araragi (R1)
  • Sena Kashiwazaki
  • Mayuri Shiina (R1)
  • Kobato Hasegawa
See you for Round 3. (which is tomorrow, lol)
Old 2012-10-05, 23:23   Link #1339
seemmeriast

10 characters in Round 3 is the new record. Actually, Saki has been breaking every record so far this year.

Spoiler for stats:
Old 2012-10-05, 23:28   Link #1340
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Unless there is a tie just before the Finals, they can't break that one.

Tags
2012, anime saimoe tournament, saimoe, tournament