AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: So what should take place?
Keep advancing the Gundams, don't scale-back at all... 42 20.90%
For the love of God scale-back these unstoppable, unrealistic suits... 86 42.79%
Just keep it more or less the same...no drastic changes eitherway... 36 17.91%
wingdarkness, does this really even matter dude? 37 18.41%
Voters: 201. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-01-25, 14:09   Link #81
Illuyankas
I need another drink.

The robot/planet you're looking for is UNICRON. At least, the one from the movie, with the voice of Orson Welles. Imagine, two moon-sized Gundams swinging colonies round like baseball bats... Cool image, but not what I want from a Gundam series.
Illuyankas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-25, 14:26   Link #82
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

Neutron Jammer Canceller Disruptor

its the only way kira will stop spamming with freedom
SeedFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-25, 14:40   Link #83
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

After thinking a few minute (anymore and my head hurts )

Here are a few suggestions.

1. Start the series 20-30 years ahead. Pile high the responsiblities on Kira/Athrun's shulders so that they can't galloping across the earth sphere.
You can keep them behind the desk until near the end when you can unleash them on the bad guys.

2. Give the bad guys some better pilots like Zeta. That series had a lot of good villians.

3. make the grunt suits catch up in capabilities to the hero suits. they don't need aimbots like Kira but make better able to absorb attacks and better at evading.
Old 2006-01-25, 14:47   Link #84
Strike Mk.II

Hi people! How about the following scenario for a 3rd scene?

"The new treaty has a ban on nuclear weapons, so in order to respect the treaty Strike Freedom and ∞ Justice Gundam are redesigned.
(Imagine S-Freedom with just the beam rifles and railguns and no gold joints, Imagine ∞ Justice with less beam sabres, boomerangs etc and no silver joints)
The toll that was put on Akatsuki's armour through many battles, especially after countering Minerva Tauhouser, had weakened Akatsuki's special defence. Akatsuki can now only withstand a few shots from beam and high energy weapons.
Due to the chaos caused by the previous war on both plant and earth, more energy is focused on recuperating, from the war.
Advances in mobile suit and other developments on both sides have slowed down due to economical issues. More effort is made in to refitting/refurbishing existing mobile suits and weapons to keep up with newer mobile suits. Improved training schemes are put forward for existing and new pilots . New mobile suits and mobile armours are made exclusively to certain pilots"

Thoughts?
Strike Mk.II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-25, 14:48   Link #85
Illuyankas
I need another drink.

Cover all MS's in Akatsuki beam armour. No more beam spamming, more rail guns and physical attacks.
Illuyankas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-25, 17:33   Link #86
_X12A_Testament

Go back to the nanobot theme of the original seed and phase shift. What about Plasma shift nanobots that can absorb only so much beam energy before overload. like someone said, light to medium damage. Make up something about akatsuki technology adapted to nanobots.

Also no nuclear weapons again, but more advanced battery like destiny/legend. In other words, re-introduce power limits so these pilots have to be smart with ammo/energy.
_X12A_Testament is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-25, 17:59   Link #87
kitezero
Strike Freedom

i see the reason it's more the pilots that are making the gundams powerful it's not like they are going to mass produce them and give them to every single pilot and watch like 2/3's of them get destroyed. it's not like they aren't improving the mass produced mobile suits they just never showed them in the main series.
Spoiler:

just look at the zaku's when Kira was piloting Strike Rogue it seemed he had a hard time defeating them till he got in Strike Freedom.
kitezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-25, 21:00   Link #88
fizzmaister
The Tall One

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
everything about the C.E. is super-sized fries and drinks...
that reminds me, we should make a movie like supersize me, just with gundams
fizzmaister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-25, 21:16   Link #89
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

I know I am only repeating myself, but I believe the concept of weapon-limitations due to treaties must end.

It is pointless, because the treaties only function in peacetime, but every Gundam series begins at the start of a new war anyway. So whatever the treaties ban ends up being used by ep 13 anyway.

There were never any stupid treaties in UC, so why does CE need them? Would any sane commander not use any available weapon to end the war if that means it would save more of his/her soldiers?
Old 2006-01-25, 21:23   Link #90
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

There weren't any treaties in UC? Doesn't the Antarctic treaty count? Though of course soon enough it was violated.
neodrag38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-25, 21:29   Link #91
shaolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
I know I am only repeating myself, but I believe the concept of weapon-limitations due to treaties must end.

It is pointless, because the treaties only function in peacetime, but every Gundam series begins at the start of a new war anyway. So whatever the treaties ban ends up being used by ep 13 anyway.

There were never any stupid treaties in UC, so why does CE need them? Would any sane commander not use any available weapon to end the war if that means it would save more of his/her soldiers?

I hnow how you feel.
shaolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-25, 21:35   Link #92
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by neodrag38
There weren't any treaties in UC? Doesn't the Antarctic treaty count? Though of course soon enough it was violated.
My point exactly. No restrictive treaties would last in a Gundam series past episode 13. So why even bother?
Old 2006-01-25, 21:54   Link #93
monster

Quote:
My point exactly. No restrictive treaties would last in a Gundam series past episode 13. So why even bother?
Because these treaties were made at the end of the series, where the war is supposed to be over. Whether they work or not, it still gives the people assurance that maybe war won't happen again, at least, not in the near future. Basically treaties give you a sense of closure after a war.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-25, 22:19   Link #94
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert
Because these treaties were made at the end of the series, where the war is supposed to be over. Whether they work or not, it still gives the people assurance that maybe war won't happen again, at least, not in the near future. Basically treaties give you a sense of closure after a war.
What you are saying is true, but that's not what I am talking about.

I am saying it is futile to scale back military technology via treaties. There is a large camp of people who wants the Gundams weakened via restrictive treaties, and I am saying it is pointless because the treaty will only last till the start of episode 1.

I am a supporter of the opposite camp, who wants to even out the battlefield by making all the technology available to everyone. Nuclear-powered engines, beam shields, nukes, cloaking, automated dragoons-for-dummies, and most importantly .//Hakatsuki armour. Give them to EVERYONE.

Hell, pass the Lacus-dust around too. Just use different colours for different factions.

I am dead serious. Balance the playing-field, and may the best strategist win.
Old 2006-01-25, 22:30   Link #95
monster

Quote:
What you are saying is true, but that's not what I am talking about.

I am saying it is futile to scale back military technology via treaties. There is a large camp of people who wants the Gundams weakened via restrictive treaties, and I am saying it is pointless because the treaty will only last till the start of episode 1.
I know what you're saying, but everytime a series end, you can't automatically assume that there's going to be a sequel. In all the gundam series I've seen so far (with the possible exception of Turn A), the ending always take on the assumption that the recent war is the type to end all wars. So when a sequel does occur, it can catch the public (within the series) off guard.
Quote:
I am a supporter of the opposite camp, who wants to even out the battlefield by making all the technology available to everyone. Nuclear-powered engines, beam shields, nukes, cloaking, automated dragoons-for-dummies, and most importantly .//Hakatsuki armour. Give them to EVERYONE.

Hell, pass the Lacus-dust around too. Just use different colours for different factions.

Agreed
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-25, 22:47   Link #96
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Quote:
So that you don't have a full scale nuclear seems to be the point for UC. That it at least reduces the possible usage of nuclear arms in that when it came to MSG only one side made use of one just once with it being adverted.

But I guess if you really want to say why even bother with treaties you might as well ask why even bother having having laws that plenty enough people will break anyway.
Old 2006-01-25, 22:51   Link #97
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Well Like I said before, "the cup has runeth over"...I too think using treaties would be silly to a degree, but at this pace of evolution it's the only acceptable or tangible way I can think of to scale-back the GUNDAMs...You have to understand that the final fight between S-F and company has shown us the level this has gone to...These suits cannot be beaten in any logical fashion...As much as it may be eye-candy from time to time it suspends belief aswell...What I'm saying is more or less a change in philosophy (hopefully by a new director)...By whatever means I say...If you give every MS the same technology as S-F and company it's only a matter of time before Terminal or somebody produces an even more uber suit nobody's ever seen and they stretch belief again...Because GSD was a failure in many areas (If you agree), I belive the failings can be rectified a bit by changing the atmosphere of the show...No more super-robos show...Next series flip the script on us...Lets go old school and by old school I mean Gundam SEED ...The technology has advanced too much...I can only imagine the ep 50 of the next series that'll try and trump what we just saw...
Old 2006-01-25, 22:58   Link #98
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Quote:

I will somewhat agree on the equality of course. It's never really that fun to keep seeing one side beating on the other in a senseless ease.
Old 2006-01-25, 23:00   Link #99
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by neodrag38
So that you don't have a full scale nuclear seems to be the point for UC. That it at least reduces the possible usage of nuclear arms in that when it came to MSG only one side made use of one just once with it being adverted.

But I guess if you really want to say why even bother with treaties you might as well ask why even bother having having laws that plenty enough people will break anyway.
As I said, treaties exists in times of peace only. So no, there is no point having laws if it is broken regularly by those who created them.

And are you seriously telling me it was treaties that prevented full scale nuclear warfare in UC? I distinctively remember a nuclear detonation in Zeta Gundam, VERY early in the series, like episode 4 or something...

It's the MAD effect that prevented nuclear warfare in UC, not treaties.
Old 2006-01-25, 23:02   Link #100
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
Make the 3rd SEED the equivilant of 08th MS Team, a show showcasing grunts with grunt suits, no super powers or amazing ubersuits of doom
Komataguri is offline   Reply With Quote