AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-04-16, 15:10   Link #221
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for Ep 1:
Old 2011-04-16, 15:29   Link #222
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Promising start. This is about as far as I have read in the manga, and it seems like a good adaptation so far. Paku Romi. Hanazawa Kana, Suwabe Junichi. Honda Takako. Good stuff.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 16:22   Link #223
iceyfw

great start for anyone who does not know anything from the manga. ED was pretty good but only because they showed images of some of the characters past it seems. i may just have to read the manga.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 16:45   Link #224
Jarmel

This was actually an improvement over the manga. There's much more of an emotional component which I thought the manga somewhat glossed over which makes it hard to understand(in the manga atleast) why he cries so much over his friends.

The production values were outstanding.

Really I have no complaints and it looks like Manglobe is doing a fantastic job. Has it been confirmed yet if this is 2-cour or 1? Honestly the show probably could go a solid 50 if they wanted to completely finish the story as the manga is near done. Break it up into two seasons of 26 or 25 episodes.

I also noticed that they somewhat censored the scene in the classroom(with the shadows) which I think will be gone in the BD. It is a pretty gruesome scene even for this series.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 16:54   Link #225
Seiryuu

Just glanced through this. Truly sick setup. And setting up the relationship with Mimi only to do that to her... seriously messed up. Still, what really got me was the framing. I don't care how much "evidence" they cooked up, it should have still been obvious that something was wrong. Having enough evidence to convince people of that story would have to mean producing more evidence than anyone in his right mind would believe.

And they didn't even give him a motive, just wrote him up as a sicko who wanted to try it. I understand that the horrific level could leave people shocked and easily willing to accept any story that gave them someone to blame. But this is a level of thing that at least some of the parents should have thought fishy.

Putting on such an innocent face would require that he be incredibly clever, clever enough that he wouldn't be an open-and-shut case and clever enough that he wouldn't do something stupid like brag to his attorney about what he did and what he may have done to the girl before killing her.

Frankly, the premise of the crime and setup that got him on death row was very hard for me to buy. It just seemed sloppy and badly done to me. I'd guess the guy would be in there for at most a year or two until the incident had cooled down and someone was able to stop and think about how ludicrous it was. It might have been more interesting and believable to have a series of incidents in which the kid was left with a suspicious story, to develop a pattern that would make the framing seem less likely.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 17:00   Link #226
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
Just glanced through this. Truly sick setup. And setting up the relationship with Mimi only to do that to her... seriously messed up. Still, what really got me was the framing. I don't care how much "evidence" they cooked up, it should have still been obvious that something was wrong. Having enough evidence to convince people of that story would have to mean producing more evidence than anyone in his right mind would believe.

And they didn't even give him a motive, just wrote him up as a sicko who wanted to try it. I understand that the horrific level could leave people shocked and easily willing to accept any story that gave them someone to blame. But this is a level of thing that at least some of the parents should have thought fishy.

Putting on such an innocent face would require that he be incredibly clever, clever enough that he wouldn't be an open-and-shut case and clever enough that he wouldn't do something stupid like brag to his attorney about what he did and what he may have done to the girl before killing her.

Frankly, the premise of the crime and setup that got him on death row was very hard for me to buy. It just seemed sloppy and badly done to me. I'd guess the guy would be in there for at most a year or two until the incident had cooled down and someone was able to stop and think about how ludicrous it was. It might have been more interesting and believable to have a series of incidents in which the kid was left with a suspicious story, to develop a pattern that would make the framing seem less likely.
Oh a decent lawyer would have been able to get him off. Hell a crappy lawyer would have been able to. I mean even if the kid had magically got his hands on a gun, it would have been impossible to kill that many people that fast and in that gruesome of a manner. After the first shot, people would have been running all over the place. Not to mention him being unconscious at the crime scene. Or how about when he would have had time to stash said weapon in such a place that the police would not have been able to find it.

However there are other reasons other than the lawyer bit, as to why he got convincted. I just can't go into details on them.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 17:07   Link #227
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
This was actually an improvement over the manga. There's much more of an emotional component which I thought the manga somewhat glossed over which makes it hard to understand(in the manga atleast) why he cries so much over his friends.

The production values were outstanding.
Yes, I tried reading the manga at one point and just ended dropping it out of sheer confusion. This is lightyears better. Agree on production values as well.

God with so many good shows next season is pretty much doomed.
Old 2011-04-16, 17:12   Link #228
Riga92
The Spear of Destiny

Spoiler for episode 1:

Excellent first episode. The only complaint I have is the censoring. Damn shadows, I wanna see everything clearly!
Old 2011-04-16, 17:26   Link #229
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Amazing first episode. This is officially the new best show of the season for me. I was glued to my screen all throughout. Manglobe, I applaud you once again.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 17:28   Link #230
Tsuyukusa
King of Carrot Flowers

Pretty good, I enjoyed it.
Shiro kind of creeps me out. I think it's the white eyelashes...something about them reminds me of a really fuzzy, white bug.
The character designs are so-so. They seem to be going with the "save the good designs for recurring characters and make all the extras fugly" formula. I don't mind it though, the decent action scenes make up for it.
Tsuyukusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 17:38   Link #231
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
The mark, the gloves, the hand placement, the strentgh. Figure out the rest yourselves... very poor setup, premise and future twist.

Also, I can guess the next episode. The guy who bumped into Genta stole his antidote that was in the bag, so now he HAS to win the next attraction. Manga people, if I'm right, sent me a PM.

Last edited by DmonHiro; 2011-04-16 at 18:04.
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 18:07   Link #232
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riga92 View Post

Excellent first episode. The only complaint I have is the censoring. Damn shadows, I wanna see everything clearly!
That's what the DVD/BD release is for.

Yep, Ganta was set up big time.
Old 2011-04-16, 18:53   Link #233
kitten320

Cool, anoher suspence series for me!
It was a clear set up, poor guy but I wonder why they chose to set him up and why actually give him the power.
It should be entertaining.

Though anime slightly reminds me of an actual movie with death races in it, like those battle races in games.
Old 2011-04-16, 19:06   Link #234
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

Am I the only one who thought this looked low budget? A lot of art inconsistency. Animation wasn't good either. Especially not for Manglobe standards. At least what I was used to from Manglobe. Maybe I'm too spoiled because of the good animation we've seen in shows like Ano Hano and Hana Iro. This just didn't deliver imo.
Haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 19:19   Link #235
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

I thought the art and animation looked just fine. I have no idea what you guys are complaining about.

The only thing I'm bothered by in this episode is the censorship.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 19:25   Link #236
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
A pretty good start to the series. Just completely nuts with his classmates getting massacred like that. Especially the state of Mimi would leave most in Ganta's position a mess. If that wasn't bad enough he's not even given time to really absorb this before he's framed for murder. I'd agree the whole thing is incredibly fishy. I mean somehow saying that one kid could kill 29 people. Looking at the injuries he'd have to use a bladed weapon or a freaking cannon and good luck hiding one of those. I'm just going to assume the judge and jury were paid off and the video was released so almost no one else would make a fuss about it.

This is probably the rare time in life where you will hear a criminal whine about candy . Of course that's a pretty creative way to run death row. If a person doesn't get the candy in time....dead.

Looking forward to seeing more characters and how they handle the show.
Old 2011-04-16, 19:51   Link #237
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
I thought the art and animation looked just fine. I have no idea what you guys are complaining about.

It has to be this for me. I had to pause the episode and go back a couple of times before I realized why I couldn't see what was going on.

This has good stuff set up. Count me in as someone interested in seeing where they plan on going with their plot. I've heard good things about this manga, so I have high hopes for the anime.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 20:11   Link #238
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post

It wasn't horrible . It just looked like a regular Naruto quality episode to me (not the awful ones, but the regular ones), with one good animated scene (Ganta using his power). That's why it's underwhelming. Since I was expecting more from Manglobe.
Haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 20:18   Link #239
Forsaken_Infinity

Personally, I found the first episode to be underwhelming. Hopefully it improves.
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 20:32   Link #240
Dralha

Spoiler for Episode 1:

Tags
action, horror, madness, prison, science fiction, shounen, tragedy