AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-06-11, 21:05   Link #2801
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

The 1.6 Update should be live now:
http://www.bethblog.com/2012/06/10/1...x-360-english/
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-06-11, 22:00   Link #2802
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by delorean2200 View Post
btw if you like the Dwarven Mechanical Equipment you might also enjoy: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/10442 (Dwemer certified).
Sold!

Now I just need to get a mod that adds a Dwemer playable race to the game. A friend and I have been toying with the idea of making our own Dwemer Depths mod, where you go tunneling deep down into the earth looking for Dwemer and Dwemer related fun times. See what beasties lurk in the dark depths. Kind of like the Underdark, but with less Mindflayers, maybe.
Old 2012-06-11, 22:01   Link #2803
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Whew... patch isn't that huge MB-wise.
Old 2012-06-11, 22:02   Link #2804
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Why can't i do mounted combat? I was on a horse and tried attacking with 1handers or 2 handers... nothing... (PC )
Old 2012-06-11, 23:27   Link #2805
Mr Hat and Clogs

If it isn't working, you might have to force Steam to update it. Or perhaps disable mods, and try again.

Truth be told I haven't tried it yet myself, out buying lunch at the moment (Mmm fresh fish and chips). Surprised mounted combat was in this update, I thought it was in for Dawnguard.
Old 2012-06-12, 03:59   Link #2806
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
About the current situation with modding and 1.6

-The Navmesh bug is fixed, so any mod that adds or changes world spaces will now work 100% correctly.

-They appear to have changed the forms associated with dialogue, so please refrain from using any mods that alter vanilla dialogue. Even ones that only fix spelling or scripting errors (USKP).

-Mounted combat is NOT compatible with any animation mods, even ones that change animations completely unassociated with mounted combat.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 04:15   Link #2807
Mr Hat and Clogs

Would that include body replacing mods? (dunno if they alter with animations)
Old 2012-06-12, 10:59   Link #2808
DuoRanger
Banned

well beth is finally fixing the flaws from FO and Oblivion in skyrim

at least now i dont need to worry anymore with lydia walking like a gorilla after installing a mod in a older save

Spoiler:
DuoRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 13:20   Link #2809
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuoRanger View Post
well beth is finally fixing the flaws from FO and Oblivion in skyrim

at least now i dont need to worry anymore with lydia walking like a gorilla after installing a mod in a older save

Spoiler:
If you store them on image servers like photobucket, flickr, etc - they all provide the display codes that can be cut and pasted so the image will thumbnail.

Images should also be 'compressed' using jpegs so they aren't bandwidth monsters. If its more than a few hundred kB then its too big for the thread - is a good guessing marker.

I'm going to ask the mods about this problem -- because I like to store images to use in my posts here on AS in the user albums.... and I guess I'm an idiot because I can't get images from the albums to thumbnail?
Old 2012-06-12, 22:30   Link #2810
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
So, finally tested out the new Mounted Combat feature, and it certainly makes things different. Need to get used to the fact that I need to make a full turn to have another pass at an opponent for example... That little niggle aside, it's a welcome addition to the Skyrim experience. Now if they could have mounted NPCs in encounters too...

I found it funny how a dragon jumped me while I was mounted on Shadowmere. When it landed, I got a heck of a kick when I charged it and gave it several passing slashes while whirling around it on my horse. Using a bow on a horse is a different thing entirely though, as it's surprisingly unstable. Hmm.
Old 2012-06-13, 21:35   Link #2811
sa547
*Author

Until they make another fix to improve a mounted archer's aim (and/or add a skill node), for now I know that firing away while riding is hard, and doubly so if the target is also moving.

I've upped my installation to 1.5 and so far no bugs encountered, but I'll have to prepare for 1.6.

Also... I found myself being still up and playing till 3:30 in the morning.
Old 2012-06-13, 23:27   Link #2812
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Firing from a moving horse *should* be hard as hell... but otoh - it should be an improvable skill.
Old 2012-06-14, 11:54   Link #2813
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Old 2012-06-14, 12:04   Link #2814
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

That was so dumb XD I cracked up at the "Hmm!?" part when they run off like dogs.

and then we have this

Old 2012-06-14, 12:41   Link #2815
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Noticed Aela wearing a "Team Jacob" t-shirt? Subtle, subtle...

*sigh*
I don't know why but today Winterhold was the town to avoid - each time I got out of the college into the circular courtyard after completing/receiving a quest, I found a dragon flying in circles over the darn building and then landing in the middle of the said courtyard for a well-deserved (and increasingly frustrated) whacking. FOUR times this happened today. I'm lucky I didn't die each time, I was playing quite clumsily today. Someone must've cursed the establishment for this to happen.

And now I'm getting lost in godforsaken Bthardamz trying to find the ever-elusive Orchendor...
Thank God for the Clairvoyance spell... -_-
Old 2012-06-14, 12:54   Link #2816
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Firing from a moving horse *should* be hard as hell... but otoh - it should be an improvable skill.
Beth should add a bit more on it, like the famous Parthian shot (i.e. firing away at the rear); I'd like to take a shot at a pursuing bear to get him off my tail.
Old 2012-06-14, 21:01   Link #2817
DuoRanger
Banned

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mis...erewolf-perks/
DuoRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 21:33   Link #2818
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

I'm having problems with my game and I read that after 1.6 came along, many people had the same problems I'm having. So, can anyone tell me more about "Skyrim Unplugged"? Where can I get it? I gather that it allows you to avoid automatic Steam updates. Also, where can I download old versions of Skyrim? I'd like to get version 1.4. Which version of 1.4 should I get? There is more than one, correct? I should get the latest version of 1.4, right?

I didn't know about patch 1.6 causing problems for lots of people when I first had my issues with the game, so I disabled maybe 10-15 mods without seeing if they have special uninstall instructions. So I may have set myself up for more problems. I don't believe I'd have to do a complete reinstall of Skyrim, though. I backed up my Skyrim folder a couple or few weeks ago. How do I switch in the old folder for my current Skyrim folder? Do I first delete my current Skyrim folder, and then copy paste the previous Skyrim folder? Also, how do I avoid problems with NMM? Do I just disable all mods first, and it doesn't matter if I just click the uninstall mod button since I'll delete that folder and replace it with a previous Skyrim folder? If I set myself up for problems by deleting a dozen or so mods without reading their uninstall instructions, swapping in a previous Skyrim folder should take care of any such problem, right?

Also, when I use a previous Skyrim folder, would my latest save work fine with that previous folder taking over for the current one?

And actually, when I was at level 1 and with no mods installed, I backed up the Skyrim folder then, too. Should I just replace the current Skyrim folder with that and then I can install the mods I want with NMM?
Old 2012-06-14, 21:47   Link #2819
sa547
*Author

^
Have you posted the same question at Nexus? Right now I have 1.6 Beta installed, and the only changes made by the update affects a few files (including the game engine), and the only mod that I have activated is SkyUI (IMHO, it's really, really useful).
Old 2012-06-14, 22:28   Link #2820
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Stupid mods... one of them is making melee weapon enemies to attack super fast...

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim