AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 08 Rating
Perfect 10 29 27.88%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 42 40.38%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 22 21.15%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 5.77%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.92%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.96%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.92%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-20, 18:29   Link #181
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

White Devil Mode
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSbIqu0eZnk
Old 2007-05-20, 18:37   Link #182
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Wow. That makes everything make more sense yet... Even more confusing since I don't know what they're saying. Save a word here and there.
Old 2007-05-20, 18:38   Link #183
Ratler

Location: Currently Recovering in the TSAB Rehabilitation wing.
sorry about this posts length I just got here ^^

[SPOILER="Responces for early page stuff"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post
YES!!! YES!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!! We get to see Nanoha mad again! That means she's entering 'Friendly Mode' MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
Meep! I had nearly forgotten ho scary 'Friendly Mode' was

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjefferson3 View Post
i mean what are teana and subaru thinking, don''t they know that in the nanohaverse there are only 2 options in this world, you either option 1 become nanoha friend whether where it's your choice or hers (nanoha), or option 2 where nanoha with RH totally kills you right on the spot, i think i am choosing option 1, since it saves your life, what option would you choose!!!!
Me I would have to take the Side of being her friend (no matter how painful it would be!!!)

[QUOTE=Ruri;954797]Oh, I forgot to mention the preview.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
HOLY C***....

Spoiler for MASSIVE OWNING:
HOLY C***... IS RIGHT!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidou View Post
You know the episode that not many been waiting for turn out to be great in it's climax ^.^ not counting ep9 preview
Spoiler for ep8 preview:

EDIT:added 2 screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
some screenies ive just cropped up to show what happened...
Spoiler:

HOLY C*** *starts running in cycles screaming* WHAT THE H*** is going on here someone tell me I have to know!!! *then falls to the ground twitching.*

Quote:
nanoha is fricking pissed now

NOOO Friking A!! STOP READING MY MIND YOU DARN ANIMATORS GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!! I had designed an attack that looked just like that for my character I am creating!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post

It's not like the first time we've seen blood in this shoujo anime, but I kinda expected Aizen-blade-stopping-nism.

[paranoia]
Sakura: [But Nanoha-san was supposed to stop that dagger without bleeding!]
Kha:
Now wait a se--
Sakura: [IT'S TRUE! NANOHA-SAN'S DYING! *shriek*]
Kha:
[/paranoia]

I hope we get something substantial about that incident, and NOT A FRIGGING 10S CAMEO LIKE LAST WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*ahem* Pardon me I had to get it out of my system.

[paranoia]
Kha: What's this aura doing here again?
Sakura: [SUBARU-SAN BROKE THROUGH NANOHA-SAN'S BARRIER! ALL IS LOST!!!]
Kha: *hand to forehead* Light help me. I've got a panicking Device...
[/paranoia]
Great well at least im not the only one panicking, thanks for the company Sakura!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post
Please don't bring that up. I didn't read the infamous spoiler and I don't wanna provoke the devil.
Same here I didn't read it either!!

Quote:
More of the episode 9 preview... the top two frames are new.

Spoiler for Episode 9:
Finally I get a glimpse at what happened back then. It has been killing me not knowing anything whatsoever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noppapana View Post
after watching this ep, can i say there is still chance for yuuno X nanoha?
YEEESSSSSS!!!!! *looks around* um *cough* excuse me hehehe..... Ill be going now.....
Old 2007-05-20, 18:39   Link #184
kari-no-sugata

Bit of translation work

Here's a quick translation of the lines at the end of the ep
Spoiler:
Old 2007-05-20, 18:40   Link #185
ichibaka
NSFW leecher

Quote:
Petiness? Even when she was young we never knew Nanoha to be petty.

There MUST be a reason for Nanoha's actions other than some severe form of disciplinary action. I think they'll link Nanoha's actions here to the revelation about Nanoha's bloody past next episode. Maybe what happened there affected Nanoha so badly, and now she just what she did because of reminders of that incident.
Spoiler for connection?:

2) "Is this really Mahou Shoujo?" "No, its Ma(Demon) Hou(Cannon) Shoujo(Girl)"
Old 2007-05-20, 18:51   Link #186
Ratler

Location: Currently Recovering in the TSAB Rehabilitation wing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aroduc View Post
ARIGATO !! thank you so much for that link... I'm going to go pass out now ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata View Post
Here's a quick translation of the lines at the end of the ep
Spoiler:
And the same goes for you Thank you so much for this translation It was fun to watch some anime like in the old days while holding a script. And yes is did help a lot^^
Old 2007-05-20, 18:51   Link #187
Meophist

I just watched the episode… that was impossibly incredible.

The next episode is "A precious item"…
Old 2007-05-20, 18:54   Link #188
krisslanza

Ahhhh that script made that whole scene make so much sense now! *Insight gained!*

EDIT:
Who else thinks that whole thing made Nanoha like so badass and cool!?
Old 2007-05-20, 19:04   Link #189
Noppapana
> Haruhiist <

Send a message via MSN to Noppapana
its not that i am all that happy about yuuno x nanoha
but anyways if you guys dont mind if i could make a remark about instructor shot emo trainee down discussion

i think the damage that is done to Tea isnt that great, it seems more like she is just knocked out, no more then that
knocking out an over emo trainee =/= trainee abuse , i assume

and indeed after the first shot of nanoha, tea still can stand up and go beserk
which makes eveything worse
Old 2007-05-20, 19:09   Link #190
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidou View Post
Other than mocking Teana's bro style, is it mentioned whether the culprit itself still loose or not? I didn't get some part of what Nanoha said on that conversation.

I think Teana has her reason for getting stronger but it is more like bad motivation/reasoning.Mostly because the way she is referring to her brother everytime she thought about it, everything she did is not really for herself.So Teana end up getting pressured easily by her surrounding... (just my opinion)
That one I've pretty much expected since I've heard of her background back in the manga...

... But tell me this...

Is there a body?

Quote:
Acous trying to be a matchmaker ^_^ ...judging from the way Hayate refer to him and Carim, Acous seem to be considered the oldest then Carim followed by Hayate.
Acous... Matchmaker?

Say... Didn't the esper played a little match-making before as well?

(Sure the situation was slightly different, BUT STILL!)
Old 2007-05-20, 19:16   Link #191
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
No doubt having that bit of translation helped a ton. It's a lot easier when you have some understanding of what's going on. Instead of going by fragmented understanding of the japanese language and the images. This really gave some understanding of what was going on and why Nanoha was doing what she did.

Those two failed the first exam because they were too reckless, and this time they went against the rules of the test. If they are going to make it like a real fight then they should be prepared. Seems like Teana wasn't going to listen to reason and had to be put down, Subaru may not approve but it seems like it wasn't just Nanoha snapping and going crazy on them.

Seeing Yuuno and Nanoha interacting was fun. They seemed to have fun talking again so it was nice. That Acous is one sly guy that's for certain.

Next episode should be great as well from the information we'll get on Nanoha's injury. Wonder with Nanoha getting that hurt if we'll see a return of the extremely pissed Vita, that we got in the first episode of A's.
Old 2007-05-20, 19:20   Link #192
octoberasian
Baka Gaijin :P
*IT Support

Ok... wha... wha... what the hell happened in the last 10% of this episode?! I just finished watching it off nicovideo.jp and my jaw is still on the floor.

Quote:
second part ~
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjefferson3 View Post
i mean what are teana and subaru thinking, don''t they know that in the nanohaverse there are only 2 options in this world, you either option 1 become nanoha friend whether where it's your choice or hers (nanoha), or option 2 where nanoha with RH totally kills you right on the spot, i think i am choosing option 1, since it saves your life, what option would you choose!!!!
I'd soooooooo go for Option 1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
But wow, Nanoha using magic without Raising Heart... And with that much power? PLUS she has those limiters? Imagine what would've happened had she been using Raising Heart.
Spoiler:
Quote:
HOLY C***....

Spoiler for MASSIVE OWNING:
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
This isn't fair I say! @_@
The series is starting to pick up and I have to wait a week to see what's going to happen! @____@
I know, it's so unfair! >_<;;;
Spoiler:
Old 2007-05-20, 19:21   Link #193
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aroduc View Post
Thank you for the link. See? Nanoha had every reason to shoot down Teana. Also, I didn't see one scratch on her body, meaning Nanoha didn't hurt the little idiot, merely made her pass out. I also didn't see Fate and Vita flying to tell Nanoha off for her actions, meaning they judge Nanoha has every right to do what she did. Besides, Nanoha was extremely sad she had to shoot Teana. She doesn't deserve a teacher as cool as Nanoha.
Old 2007-05-20, 19:30   Link #194
kari-no-sugata

couple more thoughts on the ep before I go to sleep.

I don't think anyone particularly objects to Nanoha's first shot on Teana, but a number think the second was unecessary. I think we'll see a better explanation in the next ep though, so this is somewhat speculative.

Here's my thinking on this:

It looks like Teana "went for the kill" on this - she probably didn't realise that she could have SERIOUSLY hurt Nanoha with an attack like that (designed to piece the "field" that protects your body, as explained by Vita a few eps ago). She probably thought Nanoha could easily take/avoid it or something - probably hasn't realised how much power limted Nanoha/RH are and how much stronger she's gotten. In other words, Teana was treating it like a real fight. If it was as dangerous as I think it was, Teana was really dumb doing that - that sort of stupidity could get her expelled from the TSAB, if not more. (Imagine if a soldier in training for the army brought in live ammo for a mock battle...)

I think Nanoha felt she had to teach Teana and Subaru a few things. She also had to stop Teana, who had totally lost it and wasn't listening to reason at all. She could have just done a bind on Teana, like with Subaru. I'm sure Nanoha is quite capable of holding both long enough - though Teana might have had to be "arrested" if she didn't calm down properly.

Anyway, I think the reason why Nanoha slapped down Teana hard is not just to punish her, but to teach her (and Subaru) an important lesson: that in a *real* fight, people can die or get badly injured, and why such things can happen. You may even have to watch a friend being killed. Nanoha has been building up their skills steadily, and safely. An important part of training has been self-defence (looks like about half the training has been for that) But if they ignore that training and just charge in recklessly in a desperate attempt to prove themselves, then that's very dangerous. And they could die doing that in a real battle.

Basically, it seems to me that Nanoha knew exactly what she was doing, and why, and probably expected the reaction she got. That's why she was so sad.

Nanoha's probably trained a lot of people and some of them might well have died in battle. (I wonder if Teana's brother was one?)
Old 2007-05-20, 19:34   Link #195
octoberasian
Baka Gaijin :P
*IT Support

Quote:
Spoiler for shortened for length:

That's a good speculation. Seeing it again, and reading what was translated above, I have to agree with that. Without thinking beforehand in a fight and just plain charging in is reckless and dangerous.
Old 2007-05-20, 19:35   Link #196
krisslanza

After watching the clip again after my friend pointed it out...
Spoiler for Stuff:
Old 2007-05-20, 19:38   Link #197
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Quote:
couple more thoughts on the ep before I go to sleep.

I don't think anyone particularly objects to Nanoha's first shot on Teana, but a number think the second was unecessary. I think we'll see a better explanation in the next ep though, so this is somewhat speculative.

Here's my thinking on this:

It looks like Teana "went for the kill" on this - she probably didn't realise that she could have SERIOUSLY hurt Nanoha with an attack like that (designed to piece the "field" that protects your body, as explained by Vita a few eps ago). She probably thought Nanoha could easily take/avoid it or something - probably hasn't realised how much power limted Nanoha/RH are and how much stronger she's gotten. In other words, Teana was treating it like a real fight. If it was as dangerous as I think it was, Teana was really dumb doing that - that sort of stupidity could get her expelled from the TSAB, if not more. (Imagine if a soldier in training for the army brought in live ammo for a mock battle...)

I think Nanoha felt she had to teach Teana and Subaru a few things. She also had to stop Teana, who had totally lost it and wasn't listening to reason at all. She could have just done a bind on Teana, like with Subaru. I'm sure Nanoha is quite capable of holding both long enough - though Teana might have had to be "arrested" if she didn't calm down properly.

Anyway, I think the reason why Nanoha slapped down Teana hard is not just to punish her, but to teach her (and Subaru) an important lesson: that in a *real* fight, people can die or get badly injured, and why such things can happen. You may even have to watch a friend being killed. Nanoha has been building up their skills steadily, and safely. An important part of training has been self-defence (looks like about half the training has been for that) But if they ignore that training and just charge in recklessly in a desperate attempt to prove themselves, then that's very dangerous. And they could die doing that in a real battle.

Basically, it seems to me that Nanoha knew exactly what she was doing, and why, and probably expected the reaction she got. That's why she was so sad.

Nanoha's probably trained a lot of people and some of them might well have died in battle. (I wonder if Teana's brother was one?)
Amen for that. Nanoha wouldn't be an expert Combat Instructor if she had been judged 'unstable', with 'issues', or other c***. She is also a very well respected mage and one of the three Aces in the Bureau, handling the most difficult type of magic: Flight Magic. They wouldn't have a psycho training cadets and leading experiments with new type of weaponry would they? No, no.
Old 2007-05-20, 19:38   Link #198
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Ok I think we've done a reasonable enough job explaining Nanoha's actions here. But I feel bad for Teana, what she did wasn't right of course. But she really needs some help. She's been so desperate to get stronger that she went overboard a few times recently. If RF6 has a psychiatrist then they better have a session with Teana.

Well I still think Nanoha binded Subaru since that's all that was necessary. After the test was pretty much over Teana was still fighting, she couldn't stop herself. In that case Nanoha had to take her down. I don't think we need to worry about serious bodily harm, she just seems knocked out. If there's any issue of injury Shamal can handle it.

It'll be so hard to wait a week for the next episode.

ED

Reading what was said above I have to agree with that. It probably was teaching another lesson, if you fight the way those two did you may get killed. It's a bit of a tough lesson but sometimes I guess you need to be tough. Even if they are angry at Nanoha its better that then the alternative. Which would be letting them continue fighting like that and maybe get themselves killed.
Old 2007-05-20, 19:40   Link #199
raidou
Confused person

Send a message via MSN to raidou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
That one I've pretty much expected since I've heard of her background back in the manga...

... But tell me this...

Is there a body?
Nope dont see any body yet so are we going with "no body no death principle" ala mai hime ? (quoted from omni)^.^

Quote:
Acous... Matchmaker?

Say... Didn't the esper played a little match-making before as well?

(Sure the situation was slightly different, BUT STILL!)
Except that,this situation is a little bit more dangerous considering Nanoha's suitor and Nanoha herself ^_~

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Ok I think we've done a reasonable enough job explaining Nanoha's actions here. But I feel bad for Teana, what she did wasn't right of course. But she really needs some help. She's been so desperate to get stronger that she went overboard a few times recently. If RF6 has a psychiatrist then they better have a session with Teana.
Shamal lol, dont know whether she will help or just making it worse
Old 2007-05-20, 19:40   Link #200
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post

Well I still think Nanoha binded Subaru since that's all that was necessary. After the test was pretty much over Teana was still fighting, she couldn't stop herself. In that case Nanoha had to take her down. I don't think we need to worry about serious bodily harm, she just seems knocked out. If there's any issue of injury Shamal can handle it.

It'll be so hard to wait a week for the next episode.

Yeah. I've been curious ever since I read the manga. Nanoha was extremely powerful even then, what could've taken her down?