AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 50 39.37%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 35 27.56%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 14.17%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 11.81%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 6.30%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.79%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-04-18, 22:06   Link #261
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls716 View Post
This episode reminds me, are the three of the four girls are actually middle school students?

As times goes on they will become anything but human anymore, this is insane.
/facepalm

They're ALL middle school students.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 07:26   Link #262
zaeraal

Quote:
This episode reminds me, are the three of the four girls are actually middle school students?

That depends. I can't spoil here too much, but take it this way:
You have 4 middle school girls, one is like a super famous pop star, envied/loved/hated by everyone, but instead of having guards or other people protecting her, she always by herself deals with her problems, other two are enrolled in a Police like service, fighting crime and saving people, even though they should only save cats help lost kids.. and the last one lives a normal life, hangs out with friends, but occasionally ends up in danger, but always is saved.

And now analyzing it more deeply, first:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikoto
her past was easy, comfortable, everything worked for her and she got everything she wished for. Has a caring mother, her father was always away. There were always people protecting her and nothing forced her to change. Confident, that the world worked the same way for everyone else, she tried to encourage others. As her power grown, people started attacking/hating her, so she distanced herself from others and even though she remained friendly, she didn't made any real friends, till she met Kuroko.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroko
nothing much is known, her family is probably rich, but is never shown to come to visit. She probably was ordinary student, solitary, didn't seemed to have many friends, once she enrolled in Judgement, Uiharu became her first real friend. She became level 4 much later (that's where you can teleport yourself) and we can suppose that's where she started helping antiskills and doing dangerous stuff. She seems to value lives of other more than her own.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uiharu
also nothing much is known about her nor her family. She didn't had strong powers, but still decided to join Judgement to protect everyone. This noble reasons might have something to do with her worship of the "Oujo-sama" class. Also was solitary, Kuroko and Saten were most likely her first real friends and Saten later introduced her own friends and helped her fit in the collective.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saten
has a caring family, decided to join AC to get powers, but failed. Was trying her bes ever since, but it never worked. In AC she lived an ordinary life, had lots of friends and didn't had problems to fit in society. Fascined by the supernatural, she found lots of Urban Legends and is part of people that explore them. It gets her sometimes to a lot of problems, but always gets away. She changed a bit once she met Mikoto and is now also trying to be "hero like her".
Now:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Present
Quote:
She never grow up from her childish behavior and it last till present. Was able to make friends, but is constantly leaving them behind and solving things on her own. Her attempts to encourage others and her reckless use of powers made her a lot of enemies, that constantly threatens her. Is extremly inteligent in general and has a strong faith in her powers, but is reckles because of it. Never got seriously hurt or injured others. She constantly abuses her powers and is doubtfull if she would be able to handle herself without it.
Quote:
Pretty much a "soldier" now. Is able to endure both mental and physical pain. Has great willpower and is able to handle herself without her powers. When it comes to her Judgement duty, she is strict and believes only in facts. She remained mostly solitary, with only a few frinends, but fallen in "love" (if it can be called like that) with Mikoto. Is able to live a "normal" life when she is with her friends, but aside to that she is married to her job (or oneesama)
Quote:
Not a soldier nor an ordinary schoolgirl. She's like living a double life, where on one hand is her Judgement job and on other hand is her normal life with Saten (Harue, Banri). After constantly being in the shadow of Kuroko and Saten, she is slowly becoming stronger and independent in both of her lives. She is slowly able to make new friends on her own and handle herself in the Judgement job even without help from Kuroko. She has really strong will when it comes to protecting her friends. She is great with computers and might know a thing or two that others don't.
Quote:
Quite an ordinary person. Does not have any fighting skills (aside to her bat), nor any powers that could help handle herself when in danger, but has a lot of friends she can rely on and does not have problems calling them for help. In her attempts to get powers, she "cheated", which got her to coma and nearly killed her friend. She changed because of it and realized there are more important things than powers. She started trying to help others, though she is not able to do much, at least tries to cheer her friends up. but still remained reckless and does not cares if she gets into danger, but cares for others more than for herself. Her Urban Rumors hunts gave her a lot of knowledge about AC and is really questionable how much does she really knows.
And now from the past and present we can predict the "future". You said, that
Quote:
So I can suppose you were reffering to the future in which everything remains in the same pace as it is now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future
Quote:
Like Kuroko mentioned her reckless use of powers is only making her more enemies and she might really get killed. The only thing preventing that are her friends and her powers. If she does not have any change of hearth and she keeps distancing herself from her friends, soon there will be noone to help her and she will be left with nothing but her powers. She never got herself into any real problems nor ever experienced failure (add to it her childish behavior), If her power was to ever fail, she is a goner. If that does not happen, she will become normal (maybe a bit childish) person when she grows up
Quote:
Has too much skills to get killed in her Judgement job and her mental endurance is too strong for her to break or become insane. She will most likely become part of Antiskills or military in future and will be really good at it. There is a chance for the Mikoto-route, but even that does not gets her a normal life.
Quote:
She stays mostly out of danger and knows how to handle herself if she gets into it, her will also isn't weak. If she does not tries to do more than she can handle, she will become one day a great person with a lot of friends and skills. But she will have to make a decision one day - to continue her Judgement job (and become someone like Konori) or make a family (and live a normal life.)
Quote:
Saten does not have insane willpower nor endurance, but has many friends, that can help/support her and family, where she could always return to. Add to it a stable past and I doubt there will be something she will not be able to move on. But if she does not realize her limits, or learns a bit of responsibility, her reckles actions and the fact she gets into more danger each time, will get herself killed and not even her luck will help her. Aside to that, it depends on whenever she gets powers or not and what kind of life she decides to life, but she will also become a great person one day.
TL;DR…

Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
zaeraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 17:18   Link #263
rladls716

I understand, thank you.

They really gone through that kind of reality in such young age.

And as Touma commented in this episode, "the academy city never gets boring".

Last edited by rladls716; 2013-04-19 at 17:33.
rladls716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 22:20   Link #264
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
They really gone through that kind of reality in such young age.
And that's just the tame stuff.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 07:09   Link #265
s07195
However,

I didn't actually finish season 1 of the anime due to the 'differences' from the source content, so I'm pleasantly surprised by how good episode 1 is. Maybe I'll actually finish the season this time around.

I'm not a major Index/Railgun fan, and I don't know a lot about any of the major stuff after the 3rd arc except for glancing looks at the franchise, but for some reason Railgun is more appealing to me than Index (at least with what I've read). Which is why I hope that at least this arc will be done justice.
Old 2013-05-06, 19:21   Link #266
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Finally got to watch it. The final scene with the helicopter blown away was AWESOME!

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 19:27   Link #267
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
yeah at bare minimum she would need the same level of understanding as the intro the electromagnetic i took in collage (it 3rd year couse on my BS of EE and even then I doubt that would be enough) and that required vector calculus and computer simulation for most of that math. EM feilds are not something that is remotely easy to do in your head.
Well, honestly, if I had the power to manipulate electricity I would have paid MUCH more attention in physics classes.

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
railgun