AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2007-01-12, 18:39   Link #21
Corn
Gotta kill 'em all!

I really don't know. Strangely, my most anticipated game of 07 is FF12, which is coming late febuary. PS2 will go out with a bang, when Rogue Galaxy and God of War 2 arrives, but I don't really like PS3 at all.

I just don't. I kinda want it because of MGS4 and FF13, but damn... Sony has to be the worst company on earth. With all the problems, lies and misleading info as of late. Im sick of using their same standard controller for over 12 years. Way to push the envelope.

I really expected much more from Sony, in terms of online capabillities and stuff.
Corn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-12, 18:49   Link #22
Corn
Gotta kill 'em all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha-kaze View Post
What is your source on the 360 RPGs in 2007? The PS 3 has a higher quality of RPGs and by higher quality I mean the content, gameplay, and graphics all look better than 360 and Wii RPGs I've seen this year.
Hironobu Sakaguchi FTW? Mass Effect looks wonderful too.

Corn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-12, 18:52   Link #23
Lebron
I hear voices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha-kaze View Post
What is your source on the 360 RPGs in 2007? The PS 3 has a higher quality of RPGs and by higher quality I mean the content, gameplay, and graphics all look better than 360 and Wii RPGs I've seen this year.
Source? Um, like any major video game site. The only 3 "for sure" PS3 rpgs coming out in 2007, as of now, is Enchanted Arms, Oblivion, and LOTR The White Council. The others have a TBA or 2008 release date. Don't let me spoil your party though.

About the price dropping, what about the price drop for the N64, then? Dreamcast? Gamecube? I'm just messing with you, really.

However, I think you thought, misunderstood my statement. I never said they couldn't take them, I really could care less. I would be surprised if they didn't take them in the end, and finish number 1 WW. But, all this remark is, is random just PR nonsense. Both Nintendo, MS, and Sony have been spitting out stuff like this for the past few months. MS isn't stupid, they know Sony is their number 1 competitor. Both Sony and MS, have been praising Nintendo and the Wii, since E3 '06. I don't know if they really admire it, but I think it's more of a statement to kind of give a slight slap in the face to each other. It's kind of like me saying my little sister is my biggest rival, when really I'm just saying that to piss off and cheap shot my older brother. I know he is my rival, but it's fun to mess with him like that. Still I could be completely off, and both really do admire the Wii, and see it as their number 1 competition.

The Wii is just there reaping the rewards in this case :P

@Corn
No love for Eternal Sonata?
http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/7...69/imgs_1.html

Last edited by Lebron; 2007-01-12 at 19:28.
Lebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-12, 19:29   Link #24
Uchiha-kaze

@Corn
Yea the 360 has some good RPGs, but right now I'm digging gears.

@Lebron
A lot of the games on PS 3 are TBA but several are planned for this year that I named, but it's best not to get into that.
Uchiha-kaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-12, 19:46   Link #25
Lebron
I hear voices

Your right, about some being planned for this year. I just was mentioning, the 100% for sure ones. You know how delays pop up and what not.

I think you mentioned White Knight Story in another thread, right? I think that could probably make it late '07, but level 5 does like to drag with their game releases. Still, I have yet to play one that I didn't enjoy. So I don't mind waiting when it comes to a Level 5 game.

I don't know if you misunderstood the tone of my comments, I wasn't attacking you or anything. I just like having debates :P

Last edited by Lebron; 2007-01-12 at 21:43.
Lebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-14, 03:50   Link #26
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
So, when's Microsoft releasing a handheld?
- When they release Halo Portable.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-14, 19:52   Link #27
spaceage9

Ultimately, the market leader would be decided by the no. of games available for that particular console, among other things. The console with the most games, given they are big brands, will rule. But, time will tell...
spaceage9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-14, 19:59   Link #28
striderm
Adusa #1

Well Wario Ware: Smooth Moves for the Wii just came out, what a great game it is too. (Though I'd pretty much be getting the Wii for import games once the Anime related ones start coming out.) And there's gonna be FF6 for the GBA soon, for those that were wondering what was yet to come for the GBA.
striderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-14, 20:02   Link #29
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
oh haruhi, the Nintendo fanbois invaded this thread.

get out you troublemakers!

*bats them out with a broom*

oh wait, that means me too.

*bats himself out*
Old 2007-01-14, 23:13   Link #30
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

The PS3 won't die an early death or anything, but I've seen people say it will probably be Sony's own N64. Seems about right. I don't expect it to be as big and successful as PS1 and PS2. I will most likely get one over an X360, though, and only want to own 2 systems (I own a wii), and I want a DS and then a PSP when cheaper; PSP for a few titles and PSOne games (available via download on PSP, and then transfer them to PSP).
Old 2007-01-14, 23:32   Link #31
tritoch

The PS3's fate will be decided by the big game companies. Once companies like Squenix and Capcom start churning out games like FF or DMC for the PS3, the demands will soar.
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-15, 00:23   Link #32
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritoch View Post
The PS3's fate will be decided by the big game companies. Once companies like Squenix and Capcom start churning out games like FF or DMC for the PS3, the demands will soar.

Soar as far as the price point will allow. PS3 has two things which bring it hindrance: a lack of killer apps and big titles at this point and for most of 2007, and the price point.

One will be corrected this year, the other will be a factor throughout 2008 and likely still be a significant factor going into 2009.

I really think it will be like the Sony version of N64. A successful system, but not as big as the two mega successful predecessors that came before it.
Old 2007-01-15, 02:21   Link #33
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Gates is right. ATM, PS3 is nothing. A system is nothing without its signature games, and while Wii has the wii-sports and innovative control and Twilight Princess to keep it going till Smash arrives, while X360 has halo, PS3 hasn't gotten its signature game yet, FF13, which to me is flat-out amazing.
Old 2007-01-15, 02:32   Link #34
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

i dont recall them releasing a halo game for xbox 360 yet? is it out already?
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-15, 02:45   Link #35
tritoch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
Soar as far as the price point will allow. PS3 has two things which bring it hindrance: a lack of killer apps and big titles at this point and for most of 2007, and the price point.

One will be corrected this year, the other will be a factor throughout 2008 and likely still be a significant factor going into 2009.

I really think it will be like the Sony version of N64. A successful system, but not as big as the two mega successful predecessors that came before it.
Console price wouldn't be a problem as long as they dish out quality games like how they did it with the ps1.

Remember. PS1 didn't have FFVII right off the bat when it first came out. There was almost a 2 year gap.

Right now, the PS3 is in no rush. Everyone already released their next-gen console and won't be in the drawing until reasonable returns from sales comes.

Part of the reason the consumers won't jump the console bandwagon would be the uncertainties to where the titles they are interested in would land into what console.

Bad for companies right now. Good for us. Atleast.. we can expect some great competition once the big titles start showing their face.
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-15, 06:57   Link #36
Radd
Just Married, Oct. 28th!

Console price will be a problem even with quality games present. Even if you really want a PS3 and the games it has, but you can't afford one, you're not likely to buy it are you? Even more people might be able to buy one, but find themselves unwilling to spend that much. There's some very high-quality luxury cars out there, but most people don't own one. Most people don't have the most high-end computer setup. Most people don't have lots of things they'd like but are beyond what they're willing or able to pay.

Remember, the PS1's success did not hinge on FF7. There were plenty of titles for the console every bit as decent as most of the games on the Saturn and N64. The PS1 had other advantages, one being price. The Saturn was $400, and at the time gamers cringed at a price tag like that and declared it far too much to spend on a game console. Developement costs and difficulty were another. The Saturn was a more difficult machine to make games for, despite being more powerful. That meant developers had to spend more time and money to get a Saturn game out. The N64 still used carts, which developers had to buy from Nintendo, this added to the cost of games themselves, making the N64 a more expensive machine in the long run, than the PS1.

Right now the PS3 is in a huge rush. Everyone has released their console out, and now developers are looking to see which one shows the biggest success with the market, and if any single console shows a deciding lead in market saturation, then that is the console developers will want to spend the most of their effort on, and that is the console which will eventually have the largest game library.

I will agree that competition is good for us. Sony had such overwhelming success this past generation that it really seems as though they did not expect gamers would balk at a $600 console, and $60-80 games. Their press statements seem to show this detachment as well. They also expected developers to stick with them as a sure thing, rather than heading to the consoles that are less expensive to develope for. Competition forces Microsoft to stick with DVD rather than HD-DVD to keep their console price down, and encourages them to work on things like Xbox Live and promote online gaming. It forces Nintendo to make things like the DS and the Wii.
Old 2007-01-15, 20:39   Link #37
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theclow View Post
Phew I though for a second someone saw my post on the GS boards, anyway as usual DS owns the world, PSP trying to catch up to the DS, 360 out in front, Wii a solid second place conteder, and the Ps3 tripping out of the gate(Nothing aginst the Ps3...actually it's the truth.). This all leads up to nothing new, the only reason gates is commenting on nintendo is because he knows how rapidly the wii is spreading and of course how well the DS is doing. In conclusion beforee I get flamed to death *puts on anti-flame jacket* I am not anti any console I own a Wii and a 360(got my 360 one christmas eve, last year and wii on launch day, so no "wii60" combo for me), and I'm looking high and low for a Ps3 but still can't find one in yuma.
Man I kind of sense a colour theme going on here with your account. Aoi, Bleu, Blau, Μπλε, 파란, Голубо, azul, something coming to mind here but can't quite put my finger on it. What I do know for sure is that Nintendo will do well as long as NOA stops suiciding themselves in the American market with bad game choices.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-16, 09:13   Link #38
Sole

Oh wow, this is the first forum I've been to with an open minded discussion about next gen consoles . Every board I've been to always end with some kind of fight bashing PS3 or PS3ers defending about their console AND bash others.

I think PS3 needs time, I can tell some of the bad things about the console and MS is really doing a great job with their 360, but I still think ps3 can still do really good just like they did with the ps2, I didn't think ps2 was such a good console compared to the other 2, but it had the biggest library of games, that was when I stopped caring about system spec and actually cared about the quality of the games developed on the system, at least in a customer standpoint.

One thing in this gen though, it's that development cost seem to be a big factor, the system costs much more, while I believe there will be a lot of games being released on ps3, at this moment there still hasn't been much of them announced, other than the really big franchise.

It'll be an interesting battle I think though
But this gen seem to have a lot more elitist fanboys out of all gen I think, it might had something to do with Sony promising more than they should've, so more people bash them interms of graphics than all their previous consoles, and a lot more Sony haters.
Sole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-16, 11:39   Link #39
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
I have enough money to get me another system or save up a little more to get a new labtop
If you're buying a laptop to play games, you're crazy.
Quote:
Oh wow, this is the first forum I've been to with an open minded discussion about next gen consoles
Hear that, everyone! We'll have to try harder!
Old 2007-01-16, 12:20   Link #40
Duo
king

I just don't see a huge price drop for the PS3. Chances are, if a price drop does happen, PS3's still gonna sell for $450-500.. They already lose enough money from every console they produce, and looking at the huge lack of sales right now, dropping it much lower would be suicide.

I think it would be reasonable if they scrapped the 60GB hard drive version and kept the 20GB, selling for 450 with a game (something like microsoft has going on, Madden or NFS is the way to go) and second controller included.. but that's just me.
Duo is offline   Reply With Quote