Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-01-29, 12:42   Link #1
Nico Robin

Any good Nintendo DS or Advance game?

Hi I am new here!!

I am thinking of buying DS lite and looking for a good games on Nintendo DS or Advance.

Ideally RPG would be nice.... something japanese?

Or anyone can recomend any anime/mamga related game on Nintendo?
Old 2007-01-29, 13:16   Link #2
Radd
Just Married, Oct. 28th!

Huh, videogame suggestion requests go in the Anime Suggestions section? Odd. Anyway, um, well, yes, there are lots of good DS and GBA games. The DS is the most popular videogame system right now for a reason, and that's the game library it boasts.

Advance Games really shine, with Final Fantasy 1-6 all available, except for FF3, which was remade as a DS game and released that way instead.

The Mario RPGs "Super Star Saga" for the GBA and "Partners in Time" for the DS are also great RPG offerings.

A while back it was announced that Xenosaga 1 and 2 would be remade as a DS package. I haven't been following up on those, since the home versions of those games didn't wow me as they did many gamers, but they're apparently on the way. Speaking of on-the-way, there's a brand new Final Fantasy game coming to the DS, based off of FF12. Looks pretty spiffy. As does Dragon Quest 9, which is being made for the DS over home consoles.

As for anime related games, well you don't get much more into that category than Jump Superstars and Jump Ultimate Stars, both Japanese imports, but they're fighting games so they don't take much to figure out. Also, I've seen at least one of those at my local Best Buy. They're apparently that popular.

Also, the popular anime crossover game series, Super Robot Wars, saw a GBA release using all original mecha and characters, and since there were no legal hassles over licensing, it was brought to the States. The sequel was supposedly released in the US back in November as well. These are turn-based strategy games. Really fun even on their own without the licensed anime mecha.

Other games well worth picking up:
Advance Wars (Might as well skip to the DS game)
Phoenix Wright 1 and 2
Hotel Dusk
Animal Crossing
Castlevania ("Dawn of Sorrow" and "Portrait of Ruin" also any GBA Castlevania)
Elite Beat Agents (and Ouanden, the original Japanese game if you don't mind imports)
Mario Kart DS (Best version of Mario Kart out there)
New Super Mario Bros.
Mega Man ZX (also the GBA Mega Man Zero games)
Astroboy (GBA)
Metroid Fusion (GBA)
Metroid Zero Mission (GBA)

Seriously, there's plenty of excellent titles to choose from. Pretty much all of the games I listed I'd consider "must-have" titles. There's plenty more that are just "great".
Old 2007-01-29, 13:18   Link #3
Scourge87
Dark Lord of the West

I don't know many good RPGS yet but I do know about Tetris DS. It's highly addictivte. I also heard about some older Final Fantasy games are coming to the DS, or maybe it's the Advance. I did see a Naruto GBA game at a circit city. If you have any more questions, I could ask my cousin. He's a Nintendo freak!
Old 2007-01-30, 10:50   Link #4
Gatsuuga

all about the Final Fantasy, although there are a few releases on the way, namely pokemon, spectrobes, zelda? these and more i read in a games magazine, i'll get back to you if i find more.
Old 2007-01-30, 18:52   Link #5
spaceage9

Welcome to the forum Nico Robin! Gr8 to have u here
Some good games for DS would be: FF, Zelda, Point Blank, etc...
Hope u enjoy ur time here
Old 2007-01-31, 07:05   Link #6
Renesis-C
Senior Member...?

There aren't any good RPG's for the DS other than Final Fantasy III and Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time.

Games I'd suggest.
GBA:
All the final fantasy remakes (I,II,IV,V and soon VI)
Castlevania Aria of Sorrow
Pokemon
Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap
Advance Wars and AW: Black Hole Rising

DS:
Mario Kart DS
Tetris DS
Castlevania Portrait of Ruin and Dawn of Sorrow (sequel to Aria)
Elite Beat Agents
Super Mario 64 DS
Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime.
Jump Ultimate Stars (Jap import similar to super smash bros. except with anime characters!)

Also keep an eye out for Pokemon Diamond and Pearl, Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, Lunar Knights, 3 Final Fantasy Games (Sequel to XII, New Tactics, New Crystal Chronicles), It's a wonderful world (from makers of kingdom hearts), Itadaki Street, Heroes of Mana, Diddy Kong Racing, Dragon Quest IX.

So there is alot of RPG's to look foward to this year.
Old 2007-01-31, 07:24   Link #7
Nico Robin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radd View Post
Advance Wars (Might as well skip to the DS game)

Hotel Dusk
Animal Crossing
Castlevania ("Dawn of Sorrow" and "Portrait of Ruin" also any GBA Castlevania)
Elite Beat Agents (and Ouanden, the original Japanese game if you don't mind imports)
Mario Kart DS (Best version of Mario Kart out there)
New Super Mario Bros.
Mega Man ZX (also the GBA Mega Man Zero games)
Astroboy (GBA)
Metroid Fusion (GBA)
Metroid Zero Mission (GBA)
Thanks for all the info! Xenosaga the game I was thinking of buying when I buy DSlite, while I wait for DS, I can play Mario on my little micro..

Phoenix Wright 1 and 2 was exellent although, some story I just couldnt do anything... its on 2 and I just stuck on bloody circus thing....

Mario Kart DS! yey! I cant wait to play on DS! I always wanted to play but never owned 64.. so its really exciting!
Old 2007-01-31, 07:27   Link #8
Nico Robin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scourge87 View Post
I don't know many good RPGS yet but I do know about Tetris DS. If you have any more questions, I could ask my cousin. He's a Nintendo freak!
yey! Tetris! I used to love that! and would like to ask your cousin for more advice if I can! thanks!
Old 2007-01-31, 07:36   Link #9
Nico Robin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatsuuga View Post
all about the Final Fantasy, although there are a few releases on the way, namely pokemon, spectrobes, zelda? these and more i read in a games magazine, i'll get back to you if i find more.
New Pokemon on the way? woo! I really need to save some money.... and is Spectroves new? Is it good?

Thanks for the welcome Spaceage9! I read loads of comic but havent played much anime related games. so hope to get some info about it!

Renesis-C Thanks for your info! I will definately buying FFIII!!! love all of the FF games and that is on top of my must buy lits!! Mario-game I love it, but wasnt sure which one to get Mario kart or Partner in Time. I really like your lists! my kind of games!! Thanks!
Old 2007-02-01, 01:39   Link #10
Renesis-C
Senior Member...?

If you are really desperate for a RPG, partners in time (some say it's better than FFIII), but if you want the overall better game, definitely go with Mario Kart DS.

To be honest, I didn't really like New Super Mario Bros (NSMB). Yes it was a good game, but you kind of get sick of old school level designs and it's very short, less than 7 hours will get you through the game (only playing the core essentials) and to be honest, after getting some of the stuff I missed on the first play through, I got sick of it, it wasn't worth replaying.
Also, I've heard the mini games are the same in NSMB are the same as super mario 64 DS, so either get one game or the other. In all honesty, if you never played the original N64 game, get Mario 64 DS, if you have, then it's your choice, but i'd be leaning towards Mario 64.

Oh and definitely have a look at Phoenix Wright 1 and 2, except 1 is a bit rare nowadays.
Add those 2 Phoenix Wright games and Meteos (a new puzzle game that's supposed to be as good as tetris), and you have yourself a list of the essential DS (GBA is a different story) games.
If you're a new DS owner, any of the games I have mentioned are great, the games outside my list (in all honesty) are only worth getting afterwards, because alot of the popular games (outside my list) are very hit and miss, and you want to start out by getting all good games.
Closed Thread