AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

View Poll Results: Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 3 7.69%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 30.77%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 20.51%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 15.38%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 10.26%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.56%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 5.13%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 5.13%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-14, 19:57   Link #41
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Adding Juno seemed SOOOOOO logical. If they wanted to add a love triangle WHY artificially create one? Just use Juno! We never get to see any of it in the game but we know from the back story it exists.

But nooooooooo..........

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
Old 2009-07-14, 21:38   Link #42
Runty

Got gleam's sub of episode 15. But... truth be told, these subs only do so much for me since I tend to find out things from Random Curiosity's blog first. Still, I might as well review the subbed episode.
Spoiler for Episode 15, subbed:
A great Isara episode with bits of Rosie development, but it did a great job at strengthening their bond (of sorts).

Next week, we explore Largo's relationship with Captain Varrot (a.k.a. Elle).
Old 2009-07-14, 21:46   Link #43
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
Adding Juno seemed SOOOOOO logical. If they wanted to add a love triangle WHY artificially create one? Just use Juno! We never get to see any of it in the game but we know from the back story it exists.

But nooooooooo..........
Don't you think it's a tad bit late to introduce new characters?

This is 24 right? We're already past the half mark.

Quote:
Well if script writers are indeed shoujo lovers, then Alicia choosing Faldio is not completely impossible, despite the OP, we don't have that much of Alicia/Welkin material that we could say that this pairing is the only one possible.
I dunno, I just watched the subbed version and I believe that Faldio is being set up for a big smash.

Sure he's the "hero" and the "lively" one who's pretty much running the show with like 10 engines but he's human so sooner or later those engines are going to collapse from too much stress and no rest and will crash.

It's what several posters have noted, Faldio was pretty much doing everything around here in this episode.

If anything, Captain Varrot's comments is foreshadowing, sooner or later he won't be able to handle everything at once like he is now.

Last edited by SoldierOfDarkness; 2009-07-14 at 22:17.
Old 2009-07-15, 03:48   Link #44
Lexich

Have you noticed? "Stage of GARia Army" banner.
Spoiler for size:

Also, I have a feeling that Faldio sincerely likes Alicia, and so does Welkin. But Welkin is thinking:"Faldio is my BFF, and I suck at romantic relationships anyway, so might just step aside and let my beloved to be happy."
Old 2009-07-15, 04:07   Link #45
kalbron

Hahaha. Engrish strikes again!
Old 2009-07-15, 05:03   Link #46
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
26 episodes in total. Not that it makes much difference.

I seriously dislike how this episode makes Welkin look like he can't do a thing, and it's Faldio that has to save the day. I mean what the hell has this show done to Welkin? He was such a well written main character in the game, though in this he's just a guy who walks around with his mouth open, completely lost. Such a shame.

Ah well. Best part of this episode was seeing Jann on drums, and Edy's one amazing line that stole the episode.
Old 2009-07-15, 05:54   Link #47
don_Durandal
Zetsubou gunsou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I seriously dislike how this episode makes Welkin look like he can't do a thing, and it's Faldio that has to save the day. I mean what the hell has this show done to Welkin? He was such a well written main character in the game, though in this he's just a guy who walks around with his mouth open, completely lost. Such a shame.
Agreed. I wouldn't be so annoyed about Faldio getting so much screentime if Welkin wasn't getting the shaft character-wise as a result.
Of course even Welkin can't be perfect, but lately he's missing his due awesomeness.

One thing the anime did better than the game was telling about Rosie's past. Her Darcsen hatred makes more sense now.

Other than that, even if it's filler I'm looking forward to the next episode. Varrot and Largo are amongst my favourite characters.
Old 2009-07-15, 06:32   Link #48
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_Durandal View Post
Other than that, even if it's filler I'm looking forward to the next episode. Varrot and Largo are amongst my favourite characters.
Yeah it should be good. I actually quite like how this episode did a little nod at what we're going to see in episode 16. Nicely done.
Old 2009-07-15, 07:03   Link #49
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Don't you think it's a tad bit late to introduce new characters?

I wasn't suggesting they do it now. They had their chances long ago and didn't take them.

Old 2009-07-15, 08:05   Link #50
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

An episode full of awkward conversation, awkward scenes and awkward decisions. It's just so awkward.

Kinda makes me wanna gag. Faldio's coming up as a rather Magnificent Bastard and Welkin is still dense as a brick.

Last edited by MeoTwister5; 2009-07-15 at 08:15.
Old 2009-07-15, 08:56   Link #51
sikvod00

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_Durandal View Post
Agreed. I wouldn't be so annoyed about Faldio getting so much screentime if Welkin wasn't getting the shaft character-wise as a result.
Of course even Welkin can't be perfect, but lately he's missing his due awesomeness.
I'm probably in the minority here, but Welkin's state in these last couple of episodes doesn't bother me. I was getting a little tired of the odd-but-incredibly-reliable character getting to save the day for the underdogs. He's had enough occasions of due awesomeness. I think the staff is attempting to portray him as "imperfect" and as someone with a serious vulnerability: in this case it's his close friend proclaiming to like Alicia. This is a first for the guy, and he doesn't know how to deal with it.

Something has finally tripped up his usual flow, and I for one am happy. The only reason I think this is the case is that he genuinely loves Alicia, but he has never felt this way about a woman; this is completely new territory for him. See, it was OK to be painfully dense when no one talked about it, but the cats out of the bag now. Welkin was content with his current relationship with Alicia because there was no "competition" or sense that he could possibly lose her.

I think there's more I want to say but I'm rushing for classes.

Last edited by sikvod00; 2009-07-15 at 11:14. Reason: for clarification
Old 2009-07-15, 09:09   Link #52
Bordix

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikvod00 View Post
I'm probably in the minority here, but Welkin's state in these last couple of episodes doesn't bother me. I was getting a little tired of the odd but incredibly reliable character getting to save the day for the underdogs. He's had enough occasions of due awesomeness.
Agreed, as for the episode, I really enjoyed. It might be a filler but definitely entertaining, it's nice to see Isara finally stepping up for once and demand respect (u go girl). Finally found out Rosie's 'past', at first I was really pissed off with her being racist around, after learning about her past I kinda understood her (though i still think she's an ass)
Old 2009-07-15, 09:17   Link #53
JagdPanther

Finally watched the episode.

Thank God we're going to get to see young Varrot next week. She's one of my favorite characters in the game.

I'm pretty sure Faldio has become the main character of this anime now. Why. Just why. Welkin doesn't even have that many lines anymore. He just stands there with a dumb look on his face while Faldio wins the hearts and minds of everyone.
Quote:
I'm probably in the minority here, but Welkin's state in these last couple of episodes doesn't bother me. I was getting a little tired of the odd but incredibly reliable character getting to save the day for the underdogs. He's had enough occasions of due awesomeness. I think the staff is attempting to portray him as imperfect and someone has a serious vulnerability: in this case it's his close friend proclaiming to like Alicia.

Something has finally tripped up his usual flow, and I for one am happy. The only reason I think this is the case is that he genuinely likes Alicia, but he has never felt this way about a woman. It was OK to be painfully dense when no one talked about it, but the cats out of the bag now. Welkin may have been content just being with Alicia in their current relationship when there was no "competition".
But basically Faldio is that perfect guy now. He can do no wrong.

Old 2009-07-15, 09:27   Link #54
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
I think the staff is attempting to portray him as imperfect and someone has a serious vulnerability: in this case it's his close friend proclaiming to like Alicia.
I think the staff tries a little too hard there. We are already past the half-mark of the series and Faldio really outshines Welkin and not just in the last episode, he in general looks more interesting and better developed character. Welkin doesn't look like the main character of the series. It would be fine if Faldio would really end up as the main. winning Alicia, but if not, and if Welkin just has one come-back but his character still looks inferior to Faldio, then I am going to say that script-writers screwed themselves all over, because right now it is much easier to root for Faldio than for Welkin, simply because Faldio's character has more focus through the bigger half this series and is more developed than Welkin.
Old 2009-07-15, 09:36   Link #55
Sassarai
Army of One

I don't think there's a any chance Faldio ends up with Alicia. He's just use as a trigger for Welkin to realize his true feelings towards Alicia. Heck, even the intro shows Welkin and Alicia holding hands under a tree.
Old 2009-07-15, 09:38   Link #56
Bordix

oh shhhi..... careful with the spoilers guys.....
Old 2009-07-15, 10:01   Link #57
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
Finally watched the episode.

Thank God we're going to get to see young Varrot next week. She's one of my favorite characters in the game.

I'm pretty sure Faldio has become the main character of this anime now. Why. Just why. Welkin doesn't even have that many lines anymore. He just stands there with a dumb look on his face while Faldio wins the hearts and minds of everyone.

But basically Faldio is that perfect guy now. He can do no wrong.
There's no way Faldio can maintain the momentum that he has right now. Varrot's already warned him about that.

Soon he will crash and burn and the young grasshopper AKA welkin will rise from that ****hole of his and take back what was rightfully his.
Old 2009-07-15, 10:06   Link #58
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassarai View Post
I don't think there's a any chance Faldio ends up with Alicia. He's just use as a trigger for Welkin to realize his true feelings towards Alicia. Heck, even the intro shows Welkin and Alicia holding hands under a tree.
It's certainly more entertaining to see a competition then Alicia and Welkin hitting it off immediately, their personalities in the Anime don't seem too straight forward, so naturally it needs a catalyst to speed the process up. Otherwise i could see Faldio as boring as Ramal if he hadn't had any type of development.

Huh.. i could have sworn i posted earlier maybe i selected Preview?... or it got deleted?..
Old 2009-07-15, 10:13   Link #59
Bordix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreshadow View Post
Huh.. i could have sworn i posted earlier maybe i selected Preview?... or it got deleted?..
Quote:
Thread Guidelines

* Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
* Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
* Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
* Be polite to your fellow forum members.
* Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
thanks for the damn spoiler
Old 2009-07-15, 10:14   Link #60
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordix View Post
thanks for the damn spoiler
Ah, Thanks for the rule, I was attempting to hint but it didn't work out so well, and well, justify Faldio's Perfect-ness
My fault for not reading the rules....
oh, and your welcome

Last edited by Foreshadow; 2009-07-15 at 10:34.
Closed Thread