AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-04-18, 03:24   Link #161
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by myopius View Post
I had a question I hope someone can field. I just noticed that, in addition to T2's subs, SHS and Mendoi just put out their own individual subs as well. For those of you who've watched T2's subs as well as either of those--is the audio better?
Shinsen's version has better audio. Can't say anything 'bout Mendoi's having not seen it.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 06:38   Link #162
DwArD
mAnIaC

Alright...just seen this anime. Its pretty decent...the plot and all and I love those supernatural stuffs. But there's one thing that's really bugging me...I just hate Ayano for some reason. Maybe its 'cause I pity Kazuma but that girl is seriously pissing me off. She's too arrogant and...ignorant? I don't know...I'll see how the show goes on and hopefully she'll be more likable in the future.

As for which power is more powerful....I used to think fire is more powerful but....it all depends now. Wind can be used to fuel fire in a sense but...wind is about air movement right? What if a fuujutsushi is powerful enough to control air to such a point that it'll be able to create a vacuum? Fire can't light up in a vacuum right? Or maybe he can make use of the air/wind to cause a enjutsushi's power to go backfire? It can go either way so I'm not going to debate about it. Just thought its interesting to point out a few stuffs.

Oh yeah...another thing....I hate Kazuma's dad. More than Ayano.
Old 2007-04-18, 07:16   Link #163
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCeh View Post
Speaking about Kazuma's VA, it's interesting. Initially, I thought his voice really didn't fit his look, cause he sounded way too mature. But then as more is shown about his character, he is not the type to have an immature voice. So yes, initially I was very surprised by his voice, but then I think I got used to it.
Its Ono Daisuke --- he's done a collection of roles over the years, and with his awesome voice, does the job perfectly.

Here's a list of his work over at ANN, my fav' being Yukito from AIR.
Old 2007-04-18, 08:09   Link #164
passenger

first of all i can say i liked this show by just watching first episode. it is above average and i will stick with it for the time. it starts with saying "the king of the wind spirits entrusted the control of all air to that person". it seems that he is like a chosen one and thats why he is the edge over fire users whether wind>fire or not. another thing i felt from the episode is that he is immune to fire to some extent because of his lineage. because of these two reasons i don't expect him to be taken down by his ex-clan.
there is still one thing that i can not understand. is being an elemental user comes naturally with the lineage or is it something anyone that made a contact with spirits can be? i believe the situation of kazuma being a wind user changes depending of the answer.
passenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 09:07   Link #165
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
well here comes shana 2 *cough* i mean kaze no stigma XD
the first ep was pretty decent ~ i like the wind effects and chopping up bodies? awesome
the story seems interesting enough...elemental spirits? weve all heard it before so i how some twists are introduced...but seeing that hidden entity doing the dirty work is already something nice starting :3

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 11:56   Link #166
usagijen

this is a bit late, but for anyone who still wants to read the summary (with screenshots I'm trying to lessen to about 30... but ended up not being able to do so) here

hopefully, I can make the summary of episode 2 much faster this time x___x

I really found this an interesting show~ especially with the air of mystery and intrigue it has... :3 I like Kazuma's cockiness and sarcasticness, for some reason... lol... XD And despite the fact that I found Daisuke Ono's voice as Kazuma "not quite right" at first, I realized that it was because I was expecting a different kind of voice. But the more I got to watch the episode, I found Kazuma's CV quite fitting, in terms of portraying his "cockiness" ^^'''
usagijen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 16:22   Link #167
ccardoso
Banned

Wasn't episode 2 supposed to be aired today?
ccardoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 19:45   Link #168
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccardoso View Post
Wasn't episode 2 supposed to be aired today?
Yup. Raws are slow, and/or this show is getting a low priority with raw-ers.
Old 2007-04-19, 01:06   Link #169
BatAttack
Gaou!!

This show seems a little simplistic in its presentation, but I don't mind so much, since they are so straight to the point. I'd much rather see this level of bloody-mindedness than protracted emo angst.

It's interesting too, that as far a internal clan affairs go, the clan considers themselves judge, jury and executioner. The police don't even come into it.

Ayano's character seems quite reasonable to me.
She is 16 years old, and is being raised as the next leader of a ruthless, power obsessed warrior clan.

Most people in the clan would treat her like she is special, and she would hear about how great she is often enough that she would come to believe it.

Besides, for character development to take place, the character has to start well short of their eventual personality. She needs to be humbled, and I'm sure she will be, soon enough.

Whether fire is stronger than wind - the fire clan certainly seem to think so.
But since they are obsessed with pride and power, that might just be something they tell themselves to feel better...

Even so, ultimately it comes to skill and technique, as well as power.
Even if fire is more powerful generally, a strong wind user can clearly beat a weaker fire user.

And, after beating Ayano, Kazuma told her that if that's all she's got, there is not much hope for the fire clan's future.
Since he seems totally unimpressed by her level of skill, it does not seem strange that he was able to dodge and disarm her so easily.

Someone a few pages ago was really hung up on that, but I'm not sure why.
There is no reason to believe her melee skills are even close to his.
He is 6 years older, and it looks like he has been up to some serious training while he was exiled.
BatAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 01:47   Link #170
ccardoso
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatAttack View Post
This show seems a little simplistic in its presentation, but I don't mind so much, since they are so straight to the point. I'd much rather see this level of bloody-mindedness than protracted emo angst.
Well we've seen only one episode so far, so it's not very much to form a proper opinion IMHO.

Quote:
Most people in the clan would treat her like she is special, and she would hear about how great she is often enough that she would come to believe it.
Just to get owned by someone who she considers a failure. Regarding that aspect I think that fire clan is quite arrogant and is going to learn an hard lesson in the future.

Quote:
Whether fire is stronger than wind - the fire clan certainly seem to think so.
But since they are obsessed with pride and power, that might just be something they tell themselves to feel better...
If I remember correctly there was a chapter in Naruto in which there were the scheme of elemental forces relations and Wind was superior to Fire.

Quote:
He is 6 years older, and it looks like he has been up to some serious training while he was exiled.
The clan dropped Kazuma because he was without talent: leaving a part that it isn't true, but being told that by his own father is quite shocking.
Now the clan dare to consider Kazuma the one who is guilty without any proof: I hope Kazuka crush them for well and this anime won't develop in a lame and cheesy "I hate the clan, but I'll protect Ayano because I like her" thing. Well I'll know soon enough: as soon as that happens I will drop the show.
Old 2007-04-19, 02:00   Link #171
iwubanime
FMP wubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccardoso View Post
Now the clan dare to consider Kazuma the one who is guilty without any proof: I hope Kazuka crush them for well and this anime won't develop in a lame and cheesy "I hate the clan, but I'll protect Ayano because I like her" thing. Well I'll know soon enough: as soon as that happens I will drop the show.
as of episode one, i don't think the "i'll crush you" is really a good portrayal of his character

from his battle with ayano (unless he was flirting) he seemed more playful, letting the other know he had power and yet he wasn't abusing it

seems to me like he wants to prove his innocence, but he also seems pretty easy going... toward the end of the first episode he was like "i know i'm being manipulated but let's see what i can make out of it"

i hope they keep his character up like that, i really enjoy characters like him

i also expect the fire vs wind thing to (hopefully) be a small piece of the bigger story, but i don't know anything about the original story
iwubanime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 02:14   Link #172
ccardoso
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwubanime View Post
as of episode one, i don't think the "i'll crush you" is really a good portrayal of his character

from his battle with ayano (unless he was flirting) he seemed more playful, letting the other know he had power and yet he wasn't abusing it

seems to me like he wants to prove his innocence, but he also seems pretty easy going... toward the end of the first episode he was like "i know i'm being manipulated but let's see what i can make out of it"

i also expect the fire vs wind thing to (hopefully) be a small piece of the bigger story, but i don't know anything about the original story
For "crushing them" I meant Kazuma owns his father, not that he exterminate the entire fire clan.
Old 2007-04-19, 02:59   Link #173
Susanou
.Enforcer

I'll join the discussion here after I've seen episode 2 I guess :P It's weird, the RAW is up for download but no blog has blogged it so far
Susanou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 07:59   Link #174
Guppy

Spoiler for ep. 2:
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 08:35   Link #175
usagijen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanou View Post
I'll join the discussion here after I've seen episode 2 I guess :P It's weird, the RAW is up for download but no blog has blogged it so far
I plan to blog it, but I'm still waiting for the chinese subs... >.<
sigh... looks like I'll have to wait tomorrow before I get to watch it... x__x
Old 2007-04-19, 08:48   Link #176
usagijen

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwubanime View Post

yeah, I also like that obnoxious and sarcastic personality he has XD He may be arrogant, but he's not at it over his head, and simply brags as a way of teasing people, especially in the case of Ayano. I find that part of him quite like Ranma, hehe ^^''
Old 2007-04-19, 09:55   Link #177
Susanou
.Enforcer

Well I've watched episode 2 and there are quite some things to speculate about. First, I'll start with
Spoiler for Episode2:

Ok, that was my crappy summary on episode 2, but it hopefully gives you an idea of how the episode looks like I personally enjoyed it and can't wait for next week's episode

Last edited by Susanou; 2007-04-20 at 03:30.
Susanou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 19:20   Link #178
zalem

Animation isn't superb, but it seems like it could be a fun series to watch. I like the main character Kazuma. He has attitude, without being obnoxious about it. Ayano, on the other hand, is annoying. Really hope she gets better or that the series focuses on Kazuma's point of view more than hers. But it's still really early in the series so I won't write her off just yet.
Old 2007-04-19, 19:26   Link #179
guiltygearxt
C.C. belongs to me

its a decent anime nothing 2 special, hot chick tho but 2 weak

and idk why do ppl keep comparing it 2 shana?

i mean the 2 series r completely different, just both girls use fire and thats it
guiltygearxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 19:28   Link #180
DwArD
mAnIaC

Getting the raw now but speed is kinda slow and I gotta go to school soon.

So Kazuma did beat his own father? Interesting.....you know, I've been thinking somewhere along the series, they're going to explain why Kazuma is a wind-user despite being borned into a fire-wielding clan. And it'll be a lot more interesting if Kazuma one day develops fire power as well . So Ayano's still acting all almighty and arrogant in ep 2? And is it just me or I have a feeling Ayano will have a thing or two for Kazuma in the future?

Tags
fantasy, shounen