AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2009-12-08, 00:09   Link #20701
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

A victim, you are not.

If you want to apologize, then do so to the right persons.
Old 2009-12-08, 00:20   Link #20702
Nijiru

@Alavon: I was in French immersion for 9 years, and am taking French classes in uni. If you need help with bits of it, send me a PM. Then again, you might be a native speaker, I don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest Dynasty View Post
Oh snap. Jet Stream Attack.
And I picture the tri bats from FFXI one-shotting a NIN tank right now. Thanks.
Old 2009-12-08, 00:24   Link #20703
Alavon
Worshipper of Nanoha...

@Kaijo: I actually dated someone with Asperger's syndrome so at this moment I felt insulted as soon as you placed a link that explains about Asperger's. I usually keep my mouth shut and just stay neutral but not at this moment. I accepted your opinion about Archaeology even though I have a lot more experience than you on that particular field. But with my past communications with you, nothing as this has ever come up so don't throw "I have Asperger syndrome" excuse at us. It was an opinion you stated AS A FACT that got you in this predicament. I'm tired of this so I'm going to drop it now.

Good night.
Alavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 00:35   Link #20704
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
@topic: it has been discussed on chatroom, no need to clutter the board with this anymore. thank you.
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 00:43   Link #20705
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinySword View Post
Not quite, how one views sex and love isn't too far from how one views other matters but that's not the real issue. My point is you can't just force your own views on a character, that's using a character as a mouth piece, if it feels natural that's all good but if it doesn't, which it doesn't apparently from what everyone has said, then something needs to change.
I'm somewhat having trouble believing that one can guess a person's stand on sex AND cohabitation (note that I always used those two terms together when referring to this particular discussion) from their other actions, especially CC's who've yet to show what their sexual inclinations are.

And isn't forcing one's views what we're doing to the characters by suggesting things like

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam
Asking her to move in before the sex scene makes little to no sense, even with the reasons Yuuno gives.
? (@RadiantBeam: Apologies for using your words )

I mean, in a lot of fiction most people force their own views on the characters because let's face it, only the original creators can actually determine how a character would react to a certain situation at any one time. This is also because we as fans don't actually know everything about a character unless it's laid out before us, and so we use assumptions and guesses from our own experience and interpretations of the character's actions to fill in the gaps in their characterization.

... although my responses have really gone way off track, when I was just ranting about the "wrongness" of not having sex before moving in, so perhaps I should drop this discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
I've mentioned in other places, but I don't think here, about Asperger's. It means my mind is wired differently than normal people. It's still not a really socially understood condition. Someone will notice a blind person, or a deaf person, and immediately understand and adjust their behavior to compensate for what the other person lacks. Asperger's is essentially social blindness. True, with some work, someone can function at some level in society. But it's never easy, never perfect, and it can be damn frustrating with people who don't want to understand it, when it's damn easier to just condemn.
I myself am also diagnosed with autism, and in fact I've been hampered alot by my condition. But I'm not going to use that as an excuse to justify being wrong or insensitive in a discussion. People simply don't like that "holier than thou" mentality that your words seem to convey, whether you intended it or not, like the generalization of male - female relationships a few pages back.

It's not about having autism or Aspergers, it's about what you're actually saying and doing.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 01:23   Link #20706
Dark Knight Gafgar
Dirty Bloody /b/tard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nijiru View Post
And I picture the tri bats from FFXI one-shotting a NIN tank right now.
wat

He said Jet Stream Attack, what does that have to do with Final Fantasy?

Edit: Kid, half the people I know - including myself - have been diagnosed with Asperger's or some other form of autism, and they're/we're perfectly normal people. Just because some quack of a doctor said you "don't think like 'normal' people" doesn't mean you should believe him, much less use it as an excuse to escape an argument.
Dark Knight Gafgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 01:53   Link #20707
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

Ok people, issue is settled already let's move on...

*looks for a topic to change to*

*can't find one*

*Links an old Yuunoha of mine instead*
[/shameless Yuunoha fic plugging/whoring]
Old 2009-12-08, 03:33   Link #20708
Nijiru

@thread: I'd like to re-mention that I am willing to beta stuff for people. I'm still working out kinks with my personal works.
@Gafgar: Bat Trios in FFXI have a move called Jet Stream, which has a habit of one-shotting ninja tanks. If you need more info, PM me.
Old 2009-12-08, 03:57   Link #20709
Dark Knight Gafgar
Dirty Bloody /b/tard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nijiru View Post
@Gafgar: Bat Trios in FFXI have a move called Jet Stream, which has a habit of one-shotting ninja tanks.
Spoiler for RAGE:

That did NOT originate in FFXI.
Old 2009-12-08, 04:18   Link #20710
Nijiru

I know that, they also have a shout-out to the Black Tri-Stars in FFXI.
Old 2009-12-08, 04:25   Link #20711
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
...Can't we call it a form of tribute? EVERYONE wants a piece of Jet Stream Attack involving a trio of stuff destroying stuff.
kct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 04:40   Link #20712
Dark Knight Gafgar
Dirty Bloody /b/tard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kct View Post
...Can't we call it a form of tribute? EVERYONE wants a piece of Jet Stream Attack involving a trio of stuff destroying stuff.
But such thoughts inevitably lead to wondering what a Three Aces Jet Stream Attack would look like, and it's best to not think of such things. The villains in MGLN have it bad enough already.
Old 2009-12-08, 04:42   Link #20713
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

And now for something different.

More OCs, but there's CCs too! Though I probably butchered them all in characterization.

Oh well. I did it in a day with no editing. Hooah.

Spoiler for Interview:

Last edited by Tempy; 2009-12-08 at 20:51. Reason: Correcting mistakes :3
Tempy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 07:33   Link #20714
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
Quote:

More OCs, but there's CCs too! Though I probably butchered them all in characterization.

Spoiler for Interview:
OmigodOmigodOmigodOmigodOmigodOmigodOmigodOmigodOm igodOmigodOmigodOmigodOmigodOmigodOmigodOmigodOmig odOmigodOmigodOmigodOmigodOmigodOmigodOmigodOmigod OmigodOmigodOmigodOmigodOmigod

I'M FILLED WITH INSPIRATION finally

I've been trying to write this one scene forever and I finally know what to dooooooo~~~~~~~~

*huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugs Tempy*

oh

and the Short was awesome, the best part, besides yummy Noland background, was the fact that Vivio and Syn sounded like kids their age would, they're so rarely allowed to be childish in fanfiction that it was a breath of fresh air.

I feel sorry for Noland because he keeps bumping into people who suspiciously look like people he knows well at least people he assumes look suspiciously like people he knows.

And the part about Kaon being a bore when she lectures is dead on >:3
TheShinySword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 07:59   Link #20715
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:

Spoiler for Interview:
Motivation to write Belkan material +5000

Whoa, Noland has a lot of respect for Alistina, doesn't he? And I can't help but agree with Shiny, it was probably one of the greatest bits to see Vivio and Syn acting like little kids, especially when Syn went totally 'OMG I ish total romantic story fangirl meeting greatest idol!' squeelish.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 08:05   Link #20716
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
especially when Syn went totally 'OMG I ish total romantic story fangirl meeting greatest idol!' squeelish.
You can try to abolish it all you want, Tempy, Noland's loli-harem is here to stay.

Now, i should try and find some inspiration for Einland... A savage love born from FISTS...
Old 2009-12-08, 08:06   Link #20717
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Simple, Noland sparks a memory in Ein, who attacks Noland and gets ground into the dust by the far more experienced knight.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 08:30   Link #20718
Allquall
The Not-So-Kind One

Send a message via AIM to Allquall
Great job, Tempy! That was a fun read!

Blame/thank Satashi for this. It's her fault. Syn, of course, belongs to Keroko.
Spoiler for *clears throat*:
Allquall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 08:39   Link #20719
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Interview
Depending on your point of view, Noland has some of the best luck in the world, the worst luck in the world, or the strangest luck in the world. There is no middle ground for that man, it seems.

Vivio and Syn were cute. Allie cuter.
Old 2009-12-08, 09:06   Link #20720
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allquall View Post
Great job, Tempy! That was a fun read!

Blame/thank Satashi for this. It's her fault. Syn, of course, belongs to Keroko.
Spoiler for *clears throat*:
you cna be happy and jolly WHILE blowing stuff up!

Syn:*screaming from background*
Vivio:*sipping hot cocoa in front of fireplace*
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha