AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-01-17, 10:14   Link #261
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

It is really beyond stupid for people to assume that male characters are always male and that female characters are always female.
For the reasons you stated are the obvious ones. People want to play a character they LIKE. And well most of the Alliance male races look pretty silly so... You know...

One of my friends, who is a girl, won't even play the female characters. She plays a male Orc Shaman actually... We didn't really play together because she can't stand the female Alliance characters
Old 2008-01-17, 10:25   Link #262
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

I know what you mean, prior to wow all my characters were male, I had never really put much thought into the sex of the character as long as they looked good. Well, first impression of male humans in wow.. yeah.. hello first female main! True that main is no longer the priest and is now the shaman, but still, yeah, its female again (though I do kinda like the male Draenei, they are just a bit to chunk for me, I like the thinner characters a bit more, like the trolls!)
Old 2008-01-17, 11:26   Link #263
krisslanza

Really female Draenei are mysteriously hot. I kid you not. Seriously. >.>
Old 2008-01-17, 17:16   Link #264
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
It is really beyond stupid for people to assume that male characters are always male and that female characters are always female.
For the reasons you stated are the obvious ones. People want to play a character they LIKE. And well most of the Alliance male races look pretty silly so... You know...

One of my friends, who is a girl, won't even play the female characters. She plays a male Orc Shaman actually... We didn't really play together because she can't stand the female Alliance characters
Yeah, besides the random flirts from random idiots, most people knew I was a guy, but that was actually part of the problem. The thing that really got to me was people referring to me by those names over vent and in chat even knowing I was a guy. If I were to create a female character again I'd have to name it something gender neutral.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
I know what you mean, prior to wow all my characters were male, I had never really put much thought into the sex of the character as long as they looked good. Well, first impression of male humans in wow.. yeah.. hello first female main! True that main is no longer the priest and is now the shaman, but still, yeah, its female again (though I do kinda like the male Draenei, they are just a bit to chunk for me, I like the thinner characters a bit more, like the trolls!)
Male Draenei are so weird looking, their torsos are like double the size of their lower body, they are so disproportionate and almost gross. Not to mention I'd have to turn the sound off playing one because they have by far the most annoying voice in the game, especially the laugh. The "AAAAAaaaaagghhh..." sound they make when they die is hilarious to listen to though.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-17, 17:55   Link #265
krisslanza

I think people do that simply because it is easier. I mean... Even if I told people my name, they'd still call me by the 'name' they've used for so long (Kris, Kriss, Suzu, Yggdra, etc.)
Old 2008-01-17, 17:56   Link #266
Otani-kun
Beta Tester

Send a message via MSN to Otani-kun
What realm does everyone play on here?

Atm I'm playing a BE Lock on Bronzebeard because two friends of mine are on it but
I'm still looking for a fun realm (not too crowded, not too few people) for my future
Draenei.
Otani-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-17, 18:07   Link #267
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
I think people do that simply because it is easier. I mean... Even if I told people my name, they'd still call me by the 'name' they've used for so long (Kris, Kriss, Suzu, Yggdra, etc.)
Yeah I know that's why, doesn't stop it from being annoying though. Especially when I IM one of them outside the game (IM name is the same as my name here) and they respond with "Hey Soph, what's up?"

Quote:
What realm does everyone play on here?

Atm I'm playing a BE Lock on Bronzebeard because two friends of mine are on it but
I'm still looking for a fun realm (not too crowded, not too few people) for my future
Draenei.
Stormscale, assuming you are 70 and PvP I have probably been on your team in battlegrounds at some point.
Old 2008-01-17, 18:08   Link #268
krisslanza

I played on a lot of servers. Chiefly Emerald Dream though.
Old 2008-01-18, 04:51   Link #269
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Proudmoore represent!

I know people in my guild call me Sel (old main was called Selina) even thought I have changed mains, the original name just stuck. When we got together for a drink the introductions were quite hilarious. That and conversations altered between real names and game names occasionally, mainly me cause I forgot peoples real names. >.>

Thinking about putting my priests name on my shaman.
Old 2008-01-18, 08:05   Link #270
siya
An Intellectual Idiot

Location: The Internet, ranging from the World of Warcraft------Deviantart----and much more!..My mostly WoW
Quote:

Yes..The male ali races do..except for the Night Elfs..Cause they are just awsomes
siya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-18, 08:19   Link #271
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Proudmoore represent!

I know people in my guild call me Sel (old main was called Selina) even thought I have changed mains, the original name just stuck. When we got together for a drink the introductions were quite hilarious. That and conversations altered between real names and game names occasionally, mainly me cause I forgot peoples real names. >.>

Thinking about putting my priests name on my shaman.
You use to be a priest in Black Wolf Mercs? Cagalli from Concept here btw. I just reupped my account and I've now rolled a priest on Blackrock.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-18, 10:01   Link #272
siya
An Intellectual Idiot

Location: The Internet, ranging from the World of Warcraft------Deviantart----and much more!..My mostly WoW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
You use to be a priest in Black Wolf Mercs? Cagalli from Concept here btw. I just reupped my account and I've now rolled a priest on Blackrock.
lol..Wow..So then you too new eachother on game....and then you meet here..amazing..I wish that could happen to me..
Old 2008-01-18, 10:07   Link #273
krisslanza

Quote:
Originally Posted by siya View Post
Yes..The male ali races do..except for the Night Elfs..Cause they are just awsomes
They are alright but you know I prefer my Night Elven wimenz.
Old 2008-01-18, 10:29   Link #274
siya
An Intellectual Idiot

Quote:
They are alright but you know I prefer my Night Elven wimenz.
lol, Yea..the girls get those cool facial markings..They should do that with the men to..xD
Old 2008-01-18, 12:33   Link #275
krisslanza

I'd actually like it anyone could get tattoos. Tattoos are pretty awesome. >.>
Old 2008-01-20, 09:32   Link #276
Aspharr

I think they should evolve the game wow, by not adding things to the world, without letting the old things go on.
For example they could stop the "war" in the Blackrock in which Nef and Ragnaros fight over the power in it and make like Nef win. Then they could make a new Instanz in the Blackrock, putting lvl 80 mobs in there or something, instead of leaven MC and BWL just sit there (honestly, nobody raids that anymore).
I think that would be much better, than just having something new added, becouse you can relate better with it.
Also I would force new players to do "special things" in the old world, like raid scholo or something, because I just see all kinds of new players who have never heard of Sillithus (hope this is the english word for it ) or the eastern plaguelands (hope i spelled it right )
Aspharr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-20, 10:11   Link #277
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

I agree that they should change certain things in the world. So far the only thing like that they have done is move Nessingwary and Rexxar to Outland (and apparently some NPCs/Dalaran to Northrend in WotLK). It is pretty funny that after all these years Stratholme is still on fire, the gnomes haven't reclaimed their capital from a bunch of lv 35 elites, the trolls haven't reclaimed theirs from a lv 10, and Mankrik still has no idea what happened to his wife.

I think forcing players to do old world content before moving on is a very bad idea though. For one thing there are many servers with very low populations and others with few people who are actually leveling characters. On these it would be very difficult to find a group and if this particular content was required to be completed, people would be wasting a lot of time just sitting there, unable to advance their characters. Also, many people including myself have played this game pretty much from the day it was released. Many have done this content to death already and do not want to have to do it again every time they level an alt. I for one will be perfectly happy never ever seeing Molten Core again. Giving people incentives to go back and see this content would be good, forcing them to would not.
Old 2008-01-23, 11:43   Link #278
siya
An Intellectual Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
I agree that they should change certain things in the world. So far the only thing like that they have done is move Nessingwary and Rexxar to Outland (and apparently some NPCs/Dalaran to Northrend in WotLK). It is pretty funny that after all these years Stratholme is still on fire, the gnomes haven't reclaimed their capital from a bunch of lv 35 elites, the trolls haven't reclaimed theirs from a lv 10, and Mankrik still has no idea what happened to his wife.

I think forcing players to do old world content before moving on is a very bad idea though. For one thing there are many servers with very low populations and others with few people who are actually leveling characters. On these it would be very difficult to find a group and if this particular content was required to be completed, people would be wasting a lot of time just sitting there, unable to advance their characters. Also, many people including myself have played this game pretty much from the day it was released. Many have done this content to death already and do not want to have to do it again every time they level an alt. I for one will be perfectly happy never ever seeing Molten Core again. Giving people incentives to go back and see this content would be good, forcing them to would not.

lol..Yea good point..but in order to change all this, that would involve Blizzard (to do more coding obviously) to have to think of a sotry as to how it owuld go around all that and what not...So, they are probably to lazy to do it
Old 2008-01-23, 12:57   Link #279
jessica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspharr View Post
I think they should evolve the game wow, by not adding things to the world, without letting the old things go on.
For example they could stop the "war" in the Blackrock in which Nef and Ragnaros fight over the power in it and make like Nef win. Then they could make a new Instanz in the Blackrock, putting lvl 80 mobs in there or something, instead of leaven MC and BWL just sit there (honestly, nobody raids that anymore).
I think that would be much better, than just having something new added, becouse you can relate better with it.
Also I would force new players to do "special things" in the old world, like raid scholo or something, because I just see all kinds of new players who have never heard of Sillithus (hope this is the english word for it ) or the eastern plaguelands (hope i spelled it right )
so like your pik the names jessia im from england
jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 13:00   Link #280
jessica

Quote:
I'd actually like it anyone could get tattoos. Tattoos are pretty awesome. >.>
wat you like tatoos they roone your skin and it so dosnt look natrall the names jessica im from goucester soz about spelings im dislexic
jessica is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows