AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-07, 04:30   Link #21
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
I agree. But the can have a finale that is a finish.

The Intrigues's prologue wouldn't be a epic finale, but would end the Disappearence story at last.
Old 2009-06-07, 04:32   Link #22
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Yeah, they could definitely do that.
Old 2009-06-07, 09:31   Link #23
prnoct90

I mean, I haven't read the novels, but what about The Melancholy of Mikuru Asahina? I always figured that would be the last episode.
Old 2009-06-07, 09:50   Link #24
Heatth

"The Melancholy of Mikuru Asahina" is like a prelude to volume 7. It doesn't fit on this season as well as the actual prolugue of Intrigues. Sound weird, but is true.
Old 2009-06-07, 10:06   Link #25
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

The way I thought I'd do it is this:
Spoiler for massive spoilers for Volume 4 and the Volume 7 prologue:

At least that's what I thought I wanted to do, but...
Spoiler for more of the same:
Old 2009-06-07, 10:42   Link #26
aegisofrime
Yuki Nagato Worshipper

Arrrgg. I can't wait until the 18th! I'm really tempted to go and read the Light Novels again, but I'm worried that will spoil the experience.
Old 2009-06-07, 11:13   Link #27
Heatth

If you already had read how could you be spoiled? Your experience is already "spoiled", you already know what will happen, this can't be changed, unless you had forgot (but you will remember just before what heppen, anyway).

Don't worry too much. You can't be suprised by the show anymore, but you can enjoy in diferent ways. Looking for easter eggs, pay atention on some details and etcetera.

If you want to read then go read. Sinse you already knows the story you can read only the parts that you like. Leting the remaining the see animated.

Or, if you realy "forget" and don't whant to "spoil" yourself, you can read the chapters as they are being realesed. Reading the BLR, and/or "Mystérique Sign" and "Lone Island Syndrome" by now and then reading "Endless Eight" on 18th, the begining of Sighs on 25th and so on.
Old 2009-06-07, 11:23   Link #28
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

If anyone is wondering whether we'll get another opening, Hirano's new single is out at 2009/07/22. Which seems to fit in with the timing of the -so-called-opening.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=LACM-4631

On a personal note, I do think there would be a new opening, just because this single seems to be out at the right time. Hey milking a series is what KyoAni does best.
Old 2009-06-07, 11:36   Link #29
aegisofrime
Yuki Nagato Worshipper

Frankly, Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody is the first ever work of fiction that I read first before seeing an animated adaption. It's not that the Light Novels aren't good... I just think that in some things, visual impact is important.

For example... One scene I can think of that I will rather see animated than read about is...

Spoiler for The Disappearance:

And of course, I'm trying very hard to forget about what I read. Without much success, sigh...
Old 2009-06-07, 11:58   Link #30
prnoct90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
"The Melancholy of Mikuru Asahina" is like a prelude to volume 7. It doesn't fit on this season as well as the actual prolugue of Intrigues. Sound weird, but is true.
But if they are going for chronological order, doesn't "The Melancholy of Mikuru Asahina" happen in January, and then Volume 7 doesn't actually start until February? If that's the case, "The Melancholy of Mikuru Asahina" would work as a good cliffhanger for a 3rd season right?
Old 2009-06-07, 12:24   Link #31
Heatth

I don't think so.

Anyway, the volume 7 happens on February, but the prologue heppens on January, just after "Where Did The Cat Go?".

Last edited by Heatth; 2009-06-07 at 13:43.
Old 2009-06-07, 13:22   Link #32
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Originally Posted by aegisofrime View Post
One scene I can think of that I will rather see animated than read about is...

Spoiler for The Disappearance:
Only reason I'm looking forward to the Disappearance eps

Quote:
Originally Posted by prnoct90 View Post
But if they are going for chronological order, doesn't "The Melancholy of Mikuru Asahina" happen in January, and then Volume 7 doesn't actually start until February? If that's the case, "The Melancholy of Mikuru Asahina" would work as a good cliffhanger for a 3rd season right?
Quote:
I don't think so.

Anyway, the volume 7 happens on February, but the prologue heppens on anuary, just after "Where Did The Cat Go?".
Yeah, the prologue takes place before Melancholy of Mikuru, which is why most people are expecting them to either include MoM as part of Intrigues or shove the prologue at the end of this 28 episode run.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-06-07, 15:03   Link #33
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prnoct90 View Post
Problem is, if we're only getting 28 episodes, and they're staying chronological and not skipping any, they won't be able to get to MoM. It'll make a great first episode for season "two", though, so I'm perfectly fine with it.
Old 2009-06-07, 15:18   Link #34
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I wonder if they would reuse the "Adventures of Mikuru Episode 00" OP for all of Sighs with the new ED? Then give us the new OP for Dissapearance and beyond (with Endless Eight not having an OP).
Old 2009-06-07, 15:27   Link #35
Heatth

Lol That would be funny.

However, the "Koi no Mikuru" OP is so bad that may be tiring for 3~4 episodes.

Besides, the new Hirano Aya single, with Tomare! and, supposedly, the OP isn't going to be relesed 07/22? The new OP must be airing before then.

Is a nice idea, tought.
Old 2009-06-07, 15:38   Link #36
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Quote:
the "Koi no Mikuru" OP is so bad that may be tiring for 3~4 episodes.
Says you. That OP was awesome.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
Old 2009-06-07, 15:53   Link #37
Heatth

Agree. But is bad to.

Is good for one, me two, episodes but would become tiring after that. Besides, only true fans appreciate it. Casual viewers would find only silly. I "knows" people that give up the "first" episode (00) bacause of the OP. It back after someone explain the joke (and is easy understand after the first 5-10 minutes). But if a random viewer see that OP and then a normal episode, might dive up as well.

It is good to the movie episode, but not to a normal one.

EDIT:
I speak too much unnecessarily didn't I?
Old 2009-06-07, 15:56   Link #38
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Screw the casual viewers. If they can't appreciate art, then they're not worthy of the series.
Old 2009-06-07, 16:09   Link #39
SealkidHaruhiism
Haruhi Suzumiya rules!!

Is there going to be a movie for haruhi Suzumiya!
Old 2009-06-07, 16:32   Link #40
wittyusername
GRADE 8 NIGHTMARE VORTEX

Quote:
Originally Posted by SealkidHaruhiism View Post
Is there going to be a movie for haruhi Suzumiya!
Doubt it.

Also, that was a wonderful and eloquent way to phrase a question.
Closed Thread

Tags
kadokawa, science fiction, shounen