Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-09-19, 10:12   Link #21
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
hmm i am thinking Momonosuke for a crew, having a dragon on SH allow them to have air support which area that SH lacking

Unfortunately, I don't see that happening. I forget the source, but Oda said in an old interview that he would never add a new member that could fly. Of course, he did bend that rule somewhat with Sanji and Robin, but their midair moves are more along the lines of gliding rather than flying, I think......
Old 2012-09-19, 10:17   Link #22
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Unfortunately, I don't see that happening. I forget the source, but Oda said in an old interview that he would never add a new member that could fly. Of course, he did bend that rule somewhat with Sanji and Robin, but their midair moves are more along the lines of gliding rather than flying, I think......
oh well. TBH i kinda expect it to be like that consider flying in age of sailing is "cheating" which my ruin OP experience

Old 2012-09-19, 10:28   Link #23
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
They are calling him Young master. Is that implying that there is another person above Doffy ?

Usually when in anime we have a younger master, there is usually a master* .

What you guys think ?

Maybe it's one of the Yonkos or some one in the government or maybe some one with just tons of influence, wealth and power.
It's probably simply that they have served Doffy since he was a kid. Or, they served Dof-kun's father originally, but now serve him. There need be no one above the pimptastic Doflamingo.
Old 2012-09-19, 12:41   Link #24
Freeter
beyond

Baby 5 reminded me of Jewelry Bonny for some reason, especially the way she was scowling at Doflamingo the entire time. Did we ever find out what happened to her after the Marines took her in?
Old 2012-09-19, 13:45   Link #25
Rainbowman

The main highlights:

Doflamingo's crew- I bet there will be a future battle with them.
Kinemon's son being turned into a dragon for some reason.
Old 2012-09-19, 14:26   Link #26
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
It's probably simply that they have served Doffy since he was a kid. Or, they served Dof-kun's father originally, but now serve him. There need be no one above the pimptastic Doflamingo.
I agree with you. Doesn't have to but i think this hinted at the possibility of it. I mean i won't be too surprised if such a thing happens. Though his personally has been portrayed as some one that does what ever he wants but he does seem to listen to the world government more than the other warlords ( relatively speaking). If he ends up working under some one ( which would probably be unlikely) i hope at least it be a yonko level or at least under the 5 elders. And even if he is the chances are high that he is just going with the flow or maybe just doing it for the sake of his grand master plan ( whatever it is). To be honest i wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being the final bad guy/boss ( or close to it).

I am curious as what Aohige san thinks about this as well .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
Baby 5 reminded me of Jewelry Bonny for some reason, especially the way she was scowling at Doflamingo the entire time. Did we ever find out what happened to her after the Marines took her in?
Now that you mention it, you are right . I didn't notice earlier.
Old 2012-09-19, 14:46   Link #27
marvelB

Hey, wait a sec..... I just noticed that despite a bunch of new enemies being revealed this chapter, nobody made any hastily thought-out matchups yet! Well then, guess it's up to me to get this party started:

-Luffy/Law combo vs. Birdman
-Zoro vs. Baby 5 (basing this on her being a weapons user)
-Sanji vs. Vergo rematch (if Smoker doesn't beat him first)
-Usopp vs. Masked Dude (since he seems to be a gunman)
-Chopper vs. Candy Loli (for the obligatory "cute vs. cute" battle)
-Franky vs. Fat Okama Guy (obligatory "freak vs. freak" battle )
-Nami and/or Robin vs. Old Lady
-Brooke vs. Old Man (senior vs. senior!)

And that's my list of matchups that are in no way totally hastily and poorly thought out!

Oh, and while I'm at it, might as well get started on the "Baby 5 for nakama" bandwagon as well.
Old 2012-09-19, 15:04   Link #28
orangejuicetang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
Spoiler for image?:

Also, is baby 5 the maid swordswoman? I was a bit confused, because he said he was going to send her as reinforcements, but then was forcing her to put a gun to her head?

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
Old 2012-09-19, 15:20   Link #29
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 682
This chapter was good. Doflamingo sending two more of his subordinates over there. That will be the total of five Doflamingo's team members on the Island.

Vergo tough fighter
Vergo turning out to be a really good fighter. He took Sanji's kicks and wounded Sanji. If the gas had not threatened to overtake the room Sanji would have no option but to retreat, because the battle did not look good in his favor. After the fight Sanji leg is cracked and Vergo is bouncing around with only a bloody nose. I will give Sanji this he held off Vergo nicely and they even seen to be tied, but in a game of endurance that cracked leg did not help Sanji's odds.

Law
Law has become a very dangerous man. He probably has anticipated Daflamingo wanting him dead. This will only make him even more dangerous. He has no other option but to go through with his plan. Second he smart to use the Straw hats to hold of Dafalmongo's crew. Especially with two more on the way. I hope Luffy is smart, because it sounds like he is being played.

Dragon confusion
I have a question is that dragon that just got beat down the Samaurai's son? If it is true then he just cut his own son down. Because that dragon was sedated and harnessed to the sled sounds like they have had it for a while. The last page and the little girls description sounds like Momonosko turned into a dragon just recently.
Old 2012-09-19, 15:51   Link #30
Divine Punisher

Send a message via MSN to Divine Punisher
Nice chapter! I imagined Doflamingos crew to be freaky, but the old couple was way beyond my expectations

That Tophat guy has Sabo written all over him. Heres what i think.

Since that Baby 5 chick called Doflamingo a lowlife Bastard, shes probably a highborn herself, maybe a celestial dragon. Doflamingo made her his servant, and as a result shes offended in her pride, hence calling him lowlife bastard. Tophat guy being Sabo, has a groudge against her because of her origins and loves to put her in her place.
The end of my fan fiction
Old 2012-09-19, 16:03   Link #31
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine Punisher View Post

Since that Baby 5 chick called Doflamingo a lowlife Bastard, shes probably a highborn herself, maybe a celestial dragon. Doflamingo made her his servant, and as a result shes offended in her pride, hence calling him lowlife bastard. Tophat guy being Sabo, has a groudge against her because of her origins and loves to put her in her place.
The end of my fan fiction
why do we people try to read more then there actually is.

A insult is just that, a insult.
Old 2012-09-19, 16:09   Link #32
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Really wanted too see Sanji fight a little more
Old 2012-09-19, 16:10   Link #33
james0246

Quote:
And that's my list of matchups that are in no way totally hastily and poorly thought out!
Besides Baby 5, I thought only some character named "Buffalo" was going to Punk Hazard?

Quote:
Oh, and while I'm at it, might as well get started on the "Baby 5 for nakama" bandwagon as well.
Pirates need maids too, right?
Old 2012-09-19, 16:17   Link #34
Divine Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
why do we people try to read more then there actually is.

A insult is just that, a insult.
You mean it insults Oda? Well, if you dont tell him, i wont either. Besides, i think its quite the opposite. There is soo much room and material for speculations. Think of it as a way of excitement, not a suggestion for improvement for the story.
Old 2012-09-19, 16:22   Link #35
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Besides Baby 5, I thought only some character named "Buffalo" was going to Punk Hazard?
Yeah, but we don't know which one of those guys Buffalo is yet, which is why I didn't list his name (though personally, I'm guessing he's either the fat okama or the masked top hat guy).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine Punisher View Post
You mean it insults Oda? Well, if you dont tell him, i wont either. Besides, i think its quite the opposite. There is soo much room and material for speculations. Think of it as a way of excitement, not a suggestion for improvement of the story.

Speculation is one thing. Over-analyzing a simple line is another.....
Old 2012-09-19, 16:30   Link #36
Divine Punisher

Quote:
Speculation is one thing. Over-analyzing a simple line is another.....
And who draws the line?
Old 2012-09-19, 16:32   Link #37
james0246

Quote:
Yeah, but we don't know which one of those guys Buffalo is yet, which is why I didn't list his name (though personally, I'm guessing he's either the fat okama or the masked top hat guy).
It's the loli. I will never lose faith in Oda ever again (even when he is boring) if the loli is named Buffalo...
Old 2012-09-19, 19:02   Link #38
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Very good chapter. Finally, we start to see the bigger picture of this arc. By the way, the face of the big guy reminded me of Ubik from Berserk in that one panel.

Spoiler for Ubik:
Old 2012-09-19, 20:11   Link #39
Blackbeard D. Kuma

This chapter just cemented even further that Doflamingo will be the next major baddie to be dealt with. And to the people that are saying it's too soon for that to happen, just think about how much material and characters still need to be explored in-depth before the story is over. We're already past the halfway point; Oda seriously has to get things moving, and now is the perfect time for Doflamingo to be fully showcased to us. He's been long overdue in that regard anyways.
Old 2012-09-19, 21:11   Link #40
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

I'm a bit more interested in the quirky miniboss squad Doflamingo had with him. His crew from before he became a Shichibukai, or just associates he picked up along the way as a Warlord and information broker? He seems pretty relaxed around them whatever the case.

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion