AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2013-02-08, 04:19   Link #3841
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirayuki View Post
That is one hell of medley

Only have experience with FA, Yoake, and Eustia so can't really say having EXTREME nostalgia there

Playing through Dai Toshokan no Hitsujikai now, unlike Eustia I went blind into this without watching any trailer or reading any synopsis. Common route is fun and lots of amusing moment, but why the hell you can't go into Nagi route immediately , not saying the other girls are bad though.
Same here (plus Daito atm). But whenever I see Tia, especially with that theme song from Ceui, I feel extreme nostalgia. T_T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
snipped
TBH, I wished you spoiler tagged this, especially since it's a very new release, because I don't even want to know a single piece of information from others. I even refrained from reading the official website (other than giving it a cursory glance) and its introduction and I only have about an hour a day to play...
It would not have meant a thing if I haven't started the game yet, but...... should have shut my eyes bummer. Maybe I should have never come to this thread in the first place......

Last edited by larethian; 2013-02-08 at 04:37.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-08, 08:01   Link #3842
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
TBH, I wished you spoiler tagged this, especially since it's a very new release, because I don't even want to know a single piece of information from others. I even refrained from reading the official website (other than giving it a cursory glance) and its introduction and I only have about an hour a day to play...
It would not have meant a thing if I haven't started the game yet, but...... should have shut my eyes bummer. Maybe I should have never come to this thread in the first place......
In this case I apologize because when I tried to think what would be a spoiler and what not, I obviously hadn't taken this point of view into account .

Back to my addictions: I recently completed Period and enjoyed it. Sure, some kinds of drama were not really my taste, but for that I was happy that the drama in general wasn't as heavy as I feared. Asahi's route was great, but I couldn't understand why you had to complete two or three routes before it was unlocked. Miyu's route completed, as the second requirement, was somewhat understandble, though.
My personal favorite heroine remains Kohane

@Mirai no Nostalgia: I would read a fandisc only for Kanata's route seeing that the original was very disappointing for me except of Anna's route.
Old 2013-02-09, 03:07   Link #3843
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Maybe I should have never come to this thread in the first place......
Basically, yeah, if you're on an "information fast" about a certain game recently-released, it probably is a good idea to stay away from a thread where the latest games are discussed. Plot spoilers should themselves be tagged, of course.
Old 2013-02-14, 23:22   Link #3844
thewingedone

has anybody played amagami and if so, is it any good?
Old 2013-02-18, 17:40   Link #3845
Reality Breaker

Can anyone give me a summary of Marie's route from Dies Irae? Please. I can't find one anywhere. ;~;
Reality Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 20:59   Link #3846
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality Breaker View Post
Can anyone give me a summary of Marie's route from Dies Irae? Please. I can't find one anywhere. ;~;
http://www10.atwiki.jp/god14/pages/178.html

http://www10.atwiki.jp/god14/pages/113.html

Spoiler for Dies Irae:

The above end does not happen in the Senpai route...

The damned Snake managed to rewind the multiverse to exclude possibility of my being born....damn that jobless NEET (∴) >__<

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-02-19 at 08:26.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 00:09   Link #3847
Reality Breaker

xD Thank you!
Reality Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-20, 03:49   Link #3848
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/597/597522/

Interview with Masada regarding the KKK CS version
Old 2013-02-20, 13:22   Link #3849
hyl
reading #hikaributts

That Elina poster in the current episode of Mangirl O_O

hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-22, 05:59   Link #3850
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

The usual bunch of quick impressions.
1) Shiro no Pikapika Ohoshi-sama:
Spoiler for general impression:

2) Pastel Chime 3: The main annoyance is the on-and-off time of the voice acting. Given I haven't played the other Pastel Chimes, but I don't recall Alicesoft's other titles having these problems as they usually just leave the male cast unvoiced to begin with. Other than that, I like the MC, Mari and Liliam. The battle system is rather simple so that I assume the "difficulty"/fun lies within choosing the fitting Bind card for the characters to the according situation.
3) Kono oozora - Flight diary: <3. Imouto-chan is cute and Kotori-chan's after story was lovely.
Old 2013-02-22, 14:06   Link #3851
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

There are other Alicesoft that isn't fully voiced. On top of my mind is Beat Angel Escalayer and Beat Blades Haruka
PhoenixG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-23, 15:19   Link #3852
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
The problem with DI is that it's really overly grandiose and somewhat cryptic ALL THE TIME. And it's long, you could probably fit 3 Itsusoras in that game. Shumon has his quirks but I think that's easier to deal with than Masada running amok with chuu2.
That long? That about does it then. I probably won't read it anytime soon, with the slow pace I play VNs now Too many VN I started have been left unfinished already.
======

That said, I have been trying Witch's Garden and Hitsujikai lately. So far, I like how I can vent off steam once in a while playing these titles. No route clear as of yet though
Old 2013-02-24, 02:30   Link #3853
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
That Elina poster in the current episode of Mangirl O_O

Oh this just made my day.
Old 2013-02-24, 22:17   Link #3854
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Just an FYI that I broke the Dies Irae discussion into its own thread, as it was starting to get into plot details. This way more discussion of the game details can go there.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-02-25 at 09:00. Reason: Updated thread ID
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 02:45   Link #3855
larethian

Quote:
In this case I apologize because when I tried to think what would be a spoiler and what not, I obviously hadn't taken this point of view into account .
Well, it's no biggie. I just wanted to experience the characters on my own, since some of the stuff you mentioned touched on their routes, and I get the feeling that they are bordering on mild route spoilers, even though they are not too major. Anyway, it's no biggie and I was a little pissed with something else that day

While August wanted to return to the 'high school' setting after Eustia, probably because it was more marketable in different forms of media, Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai feels a lot more 'normal' compared to Fortune Arterial. Overall, I would say that FA's plot is more exciting and superior, and has a true route that ties in the normal routes better. That aside however, as expected, Daito's themes and catchy BGMs did not fail to satisfy. But I don't really feel motivated enough to create a thread for it (should I? )

My recommended route order would be:
Spoilers
Spoiler for recommended route order; no plot spoilers
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Spoilers
Spoiler for some impression touching on some spoilers
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by larethian; 2013-02-25 at 09:25. Reason: change '!' to 'I'
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 07:36   Link #3856
hyl
reading #hikaributts

I really the customs in my country. Aside from €48 custom fees, it also got stuck there for 3 weeks due to some kind of mistake they made.

Atleast i have most of my goodies from comiket 83 now.
Lovely Quest

Sagaplanet 4 seasons

Mashiro iro Symphony 2nd (sketch/lineart)artbook and moepop 22

And a Naka no Hito nado Inai wallscroll of Ayano in a maid outfit (which was not a c83 merchandise, but w/e)
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-05, 19:08   Link #3857
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

I just finished Hatsuyuki Sakura. Holy hell. This game won Getchu's categories for Best Scenario and Best Music, and also got Best Game of 2012 and it's easy to see why. This game belongs to a tier of a select few visual novels that are on a totally different level from all the others. Its characters, story, and blend of humor and drama are of such a high quality it's maddening how different it and other games of its caliber are from the majority.

My route preference goes from best to worst (though there are no bad routes in this game): Sakura, Aya, Azuma, Nozomu, Shirokuma.

The music, both OP and BGM, are excellent and so much better than the majority of games.

Highly recommend this fantastic visual novel to anyone into this medium.
Old 2013-03-05, 19:51   Link #3858
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

Quote:
2) Pastel Chime 3: The main annoyance is the on-and-off time of the voice acting. Given I haven't played the other Pastel Chimes, but I don't recall Alicesoft's other titles having these problems as they usually just leave the male cast unvoiced to begin with. Other than that, I like the MC, Mari and Liliam. The battle system is rather simple so that I assume the "difficulty"/fun lies within choosing the fitting Bind card for the characters to the according situation.
A lot of Alice stuff tend to be unvoiced. Rance series in general nothing is voiced. If you want voiced games alicesoft's may not be for you. Since most of the voiced stuff tend to be ntr or nukige stuff.
Old 2013-03-06, 02:38   Link #3859
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkz View Post
A lot of Alice stuff tend to be unvoiced. Rance series in general nothing is voiced. If you want voiced games alicesoft's may not be for you. Since most of the voiced stuff tend to be ntr or nukige stuff.
I'm aware of it by now, thank you . I know from Tsumashibori that only the female cast is voiced, though (the only alicesoft VN I played before)
It seemed just strange that some scenes were voiced and some scenes unvoiced like you started chapter 1 voiced, click afterwards to the next important event on the city map and suddenly no voices. It made me think some voice files were missing a first. In the long run it's more like alicesoft decided to voice in Pastel Chime 3 the most important story scenes, battle voices + the level-up events on the character intermissions.

Be it as is is, I'm done with the first playthrough of Pastel Chime 3.
Spoiler for General impression:

Let's see what to play next. Maybe Happymare or or "light" stuff like Love-ressive, which doesn't seem story-focused based on the summary. After reading a short impression about Koi no Hanashi to on vndb, I will put it on hold. Hetare + donkan portagonist isn't really a good selling point, especially as I.D's other protagonist was also rather bland.
Old 2013-03-06, 18:33   Link #3860
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Quote:
I'm aware of it by now, thank you . I know from Tsumashibori that only the female cast is voiced, though (the only alicesoft VN I played before)
It seemed just strange that some scenes were voiced and some scenes unvoiced like you started chapter 1 voiced, click afterwards to the next important event on the city map and suddenly no voices. It made me think some voice files were missing a first. In the long run it's more like alicesoft decided to voice in Pastel Chime 3 the most important story scenes, battle voices + the level-up events on the character intermissions.

Be it as is is, I'm done with the first playthrough of Pastel Chime 3.
Spoiler for General impression:

Let's see what to play next. Maybe Happymare or or "light" stuff like Love-ressive, which doesn't seem story-focused based on the summary. After reading a short impression about Koi no Hanashi to on vndb, I will put it on hold. Hetare + donkan portagonist isn't really a good selling point, especially as I.D's other protagonist was also rather bland.

Spoiler for PC3:
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel