Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-10-05, 22:46   Link #1
Sakuya
*Artist

Tactics

This is a new anime that aired its first episode in Japan today, October 5th. Does anyone know how many episodes it will be? Will anybody be subbing it? And does anyone know or can translate the basic storyline for this anime? It looks somewhat like a medieval version of Get Backers. This this:

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/tactics/
Old 2004-10-06, 12:34   Link #2
auriya

Yay! Tactics the anime is here at last! I've been looking forward to this since reading the manga. You can find the Tactics manga artists' website (in Japanese) at http://tactics.moo.jp/top.htm. And there's also a livejournal community (in English) for it at http://www.livejournal.com/community/love_tactics.

Both the manga and the anime of Tactics have been licensed by ADV. The first volume of the manga was just released Oct 5. But don't worry, no doubt some fansub group will pick up the anime anyway.

Anyway, about Tactics:

Kantarou (aka Kan-chan) is a scholar of mythology who looks like a little boy (but apparently is a lot older than he appears) who has the ability to see and interact with youkai (aka demons). He can also capture them. His job is studying folklore, and he exterminates trouble-making youkai on the side. He's been looking for a particular youkai, the 'ogre-eating tengu,' and while on the job he by luck finds, frees, and captures this legendary youkai, whom he names Haruka. So now Haruka is Kan-chan's servant, and presumably they go off to expand the demon-busting business together (along with Kan-chan's other youkai servant, Youko)...

I don't know what happens after that because only the first chapter of the manga ever got scanlated. T_T Nonetheless, the manga art is really, really cute, the characters are amusing, and the anime looks promising as well.
Old 2004-10-06, 14:21   Link #3
Sakuya
*Artist

Aw. But ADV is the only company that sets up to get those people who distribute it.
Old 2004-10-07, 11:44   Link #4
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

well, watched the first episode... hmm... about three minutes into the show (when the OP starts), I was almost instantly reminded of Matantei Loki Ragnarok. And as the first episode ended, I think it's safe to say that it screams Matantei Loki Ragnarok all over it. Pretty boys, cute girls, great OP/ED animation and song, nice art, very high quality animation, and mediocre story.

And guess what, when I did some search around about Tactics after watching the first episode, it turned out that the manga was by the same author as the Matantei Loki manga series. No wonder all those the similarities

Well, I guess so far I'll just put this series on my "can watch if I have enough spare time" list. Currently the only things I'm looking forward to in this series are the pretty boys and cute girls, and hopefully more pretty boys and cute girls later on (Matantei Loki Ragnarok didn't introduce the cute Norns until about half into the series), and the nice animation... but then although the animation quality is quite high, there's nothing really outstanding, I like the occassional water-ink art style scenes, but they are rare and mostly flashbacks. It'd be really wonderful if the story can turn out great, but currently I don't expect it to go above Matantei Loki Raganrok level.

Guess I may watch it when I feel like to have my fix of pretty boys and cute girls... Currently it's mostly just the Black Tengu guy and the fox girl, they need to bring in more pretty boys and cute girls quickly

Last edited by dreamless; 2004-10-07 at 12:00.
Old 2004-10-08, 03:23   Link #5
cider
x_x

Just watched it too
hm somehow I expected Kan-chan to be more childish and younger voice like Loki but hey I'm not complaining.
anyway I can already predict the super-always-repeated-overused cut scene thing like they did with Matantei Loki Ragnarok.
haha.
Old 2004-10-08, 03:43   Link #6
Inuzuka
now with 20% more ego!

Send a message via MSN to Inuzuka
Haven't watch it, proberbly only read the Manga though (no offense). It looks pretty promising, with accordance to auriya's explination (Thanks!).
Although the lead does look like Killua from HunterXHunter, if Killua decided to attempted to comb down his hair
Old 2004-10-09, 20:26   Link #7
auriya

Just watched the first episode of the anime. It's much darker than the manga...which could be a good or bad thing. Of course, maybe there's humor in the dialogue, which I can't understand because I've only got a raw. Too bad about the ADV situation; I really, really wish for subs... >_<
Old 2004-10-10, 01:53   Link #8
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by auriya
Just watched the first episode of the anime. It's much darker than the manga...which could be a good or bad thing. Of course, maybe there's humor in the dialogue, which I can't understand because I've only got a raw. Too bad about the ADV situation; I really, really wish for subs... >_<
Well, wait a few months and you'll get them
Old 2004-10-10, 06:30   Link #9
dreamless

I heard the manga has some good stories much better than Matentei Loki?
Old 2004-10-10, 09:02   Link #10
Pandora
Poisoned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
Well, wait a few months and you'll get them
Does anyone know when (the date or the month) the DVD is going to come out?

Well, the stories in the manga deal more with occult and they're quite dark.
Old 2004-10-10, 14:27   Link #11
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandora
Does anyone know when (the date or the month) the DVD is going to come out?

Well, the stories in the manga deal more with occult and they're quite dark.
No annoucements yet, but it would probably take the same amount of time as it did for Kaleidostar to come out.
Old 2004-10-14, 13:45   Link #12
dreamless

watched ep2, has a slightly more freakish story, but still the main attraction is Haruka I guess

the Matantei Loki Ragnarok style continues, and yup Kan-chan's "super" scenes got used again...
Spoiler for Haruka!!! :p:

Last edited by dreamless; 2004-10-14 at 14:00.
Old 2004-10-16, 01:01   Link #13
Thelastguardian

Tactics

When I watched the first ep, I felt that I got scam:

Where are all the cute harem girls @_@ I don't want guys

Spoiler:

Of course I don't really *like* BL, but...Who knows, even DN Angel hooked a lot of innocent people .

Edit: I was going to ask for a thread merge, but that thread was in the General Anime sub-forum, not Fansubs sub-forum. That would mean they were independent, right?

Last edited by Thelastguardian; 2004-10-16 at 01:25.
Old 2004-10-16, 02:44   Link #14
dreamless

Hmm... so this series is not licensed after all? Any group subbing it?
Old 2004-10-16, 05:24   Link #15
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

What do you mean it's not licensed at all... ADV has it
http://www.animeondvd.com/licenselist/T.php
Old 2004-10-16, 05:30   Link #16
dreamless

well, I'm actually wondering about the same thing... as this thread was in the General Anime forum... and just when I was about to suggest getting it moved to the Licensed forum, I found it moved here in the Fansubs forum... hmmm... is it a mod hitting a wrong button? Or is the license info wrong?
Old 2004-10-16, 06:25   Link #17
anthonyxscotland
Highlander

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
well, I'm actually wondering about the same thing... as this thread was in the General Anime forum... and just when I was about to suggest getting it moved to the Licensed forum, I found it moved here in the Fansubs forum... hmmm... is it a mod hitting a wrong button? Or is the license info wrong?
Mod hitting the wrong button. Its clearly licenced.
Old 2004-10-27, 17:35   Link #18
auriya

The end of episode 2 was rather disturbing. Was that supposed to be a happy ending to the love story? 0_o

Anyway, thus far I prefer the manga Tactics by far. The really awful music when Kantarou does his magic chant/prayer/whatever is annoying, though I wonder if the show is trying to be cheesy on purpose. And Suzu (a character who wasn't in the original manga)... what is the point of adding her to the story (in the anime version)? She's bratty without being cute or funny or interesting enough to compensate for it. Also, the characters have changed: anime-Kantarou is much more mature and serious than the mischievous, manipulative manga-Kantarou, and anime-Haruka is angsty rather than just grumpy like manga-Haruka.

Probably I'll keep watching just because I like the manga. I'm not saying the anime's bad, really, it's just that the manga's better. I'm giving it a chance, anyway...
Old 2004-10-27, 20:34   Link #19
dreamless

episode 3 is cute, Muu-chan and the white Tengu are introduced, some hilarious moments
Old 2004-12-09, 15:20   Link #20
dreamless

ep10 is a surprise! it actually has a VERY interesting stories... and two VERY cute girls...

can't wait to see ep11 now
Closed Thread