AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-02-13, 14:34   Link #2081
Serenity85
Horo-ism

You should read this entire thread I did /swt that was agood week of reading lol, so much uber goodness^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiety View Post
my co-workers all came over for some drinks and we played poker, so after a few hours I loaded up Nanoha and hooked up my notebook to my tv,

first 3 ep reaction = wtf is this magical girl sh*t
ep 4-8 = wait can u pause i need to goto washroom
ep 9-13 = FK its 2am but wana finish this

i think a few of them ended up buying the dvds
Actually I really don't know why I started watching lol. I think I saw a pic somewhere of Fate^_^ so I looked it up. S1 started of slow and was kinda, "aw snag a sailor moon rip-off" but once Fate was introduced and her whole back-story I was like "OMG thats so sad *gives Fate hug^^* plus Nanoha has some of the best lines and 'faces' its so uber good. Now if someone could only make a Fate animated avi *points to sig thread and begins poking ppl to get to work on it ^^* I'd be set^^
Old 2007-02-13, 19:10   Link #2082
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

My story of how I got started might be a unique one. You see, I was profoundly hurt after seeing a steaming pile of plot armor that is SEED DESTINY, and decided that I needed to getaway as far as I can from that genre, and just watch something that isn't going to be gut-wrenching, since I went through AIR my heart was pulverized beforehand. The first three episodes were exactly what the doctor ordered, but when Fate entered the fray, the story took off and I kept watching this... and thinking to myself if this really is a mahou shoujo, and so I was hooked...

I am starting to think about whether or not Hayate's the one that caused the task force to form and having her old friends working alongside her. It makes sense if Hayate is interested in climbing the ladder as these people are the ones that will be willing to get her there and to be trusted upon like no one else. (So Hayate's dreaming of taking the universe with her merry friends?)

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2007-02-13, 20:33   Link #2083
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
My story of how I got started might be a unique one. You see, I was profoundly hurt after seeing a steaming pile of plot armor that is SEED DESTINY, and decided that I needed to getaway as far as I can from that genre, and just watch something that isn't going to be gut-wrenching, since I went through AIR my heart was pulverized beforehand. The first three episodes were exactly what the doctor ordered, but when Fate entered the fray, the story took off and I kept watching this... and thinking to myself if this really is a mahou shoujo, and so I was hooked...

I am starting to think about whether or not Hayate's the one that caused the task force to form and having her old friends working alongside her. It makes sense if Hayate is interested in climbing the ladder as these people are the ones that will be willing to get her there and to be trusted upon like no one else. (So Hayate's dreaming of taking the universe with her merry friends?)
She wants rule the TSBA and make everyone cosplay
Old 2007-02-13, 21:10   Link #2084
Alavaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
She wants rule the TSBA and make everyone cosplay
Pppft, if only she knew that the Barrier Jackets were considered cosplay outside their ... space...
Old 2007-02-13, 21:14   Link #2085
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Oh, I can't imagine what WOULD happen if Hayate did manage to break the 4th wall... ot maybe she already has and she's just toying with us o_O

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-02-13, 21:18   Link #2086
Alavaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Oh, I can't imagine what WOULD happen if Hayate did manage to break the 4th wall... ot maybe she already has and she's just toying with us o_O
Well. the TSAB already has ships in the spaces between worlds. And since they have nice barrier fields to hide what they do, who knows ...
Not like there might not be a big fight over your home that you are unaware of thanks to a barrier right .....
Old 2007-02-13, 22:27   Link #2087
Lost

I forget how I was introduced to Nanoha. I think it was this thread. It just grew too big for comfort (along side the RM:t thread, it was the second largest I knew) and I had to check it out. Wasn't particularly mesmerized. Then a friend offered to download the batch of it, and whee~ that was it.

Into the first few episodes of Nanoha I was thinking, argh this isnt for me; oh shit sailor moon. But then came episode 6.
Old 2007-02-13, 22:41   Link #2088
Lemon
Tiana Lanster Fangirl

Someone on another Fourm posted a Subed version posted a .WMV version of episoded one that thier friend and such worked on (not sure if they posted it on Anime Suki) I was hooked, I came here to get more, and Torrented the first 3 subbed episodes by the Traid, Nanoha was my first Torrent ever.

Wah...I Disliked her at first for her appreance being close to my OC Mage, but I love Tiana now.
Old 2007-02-14, 00:47   Link #2089
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

First intro to Nanoha... that Freedom Gundam vs. Nanoha video (The one where Nanoha not only kills Fllay but destroys Freedom with Starlight Breaker ). I think it was Raising Heart's "Starlight Breaker" engrish that got me interested. DL'ed the batch for the 1st season, and actually finished it in one sitting O_O So I moved on to A's, also finished that in a single sitting, and been a Nanoha fan ever since XD

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-02-14, 04:04   Link #2090
Chi-no
Light & Dark User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
First intro to Nanoha... that Freedom Gundam vs. Nanoha video (The one where Nanoha not only kills Fllay but destroys Freedom with Starlight Breaker ). I think it was Raising Heart's "Starlight Breaker" engrish that got me interested. DL'ed the batch for the 1st season, and actually finished it in one sitting O_O So I moved on to A's, also finished that in a single sitting, and been a Nanoha fan ever since XD
Is there a video on this ? Would like to see it ....
Old 2007-02-14, 04:22   Link #2091
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

For your viewing enjoyment:

Nanoha vs. Kira Yamato

Old 2007-02-14, 04:25   Link #2092
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ quick search could it be this?
Spoiler:

ahh i remembered when i first encountered nanoha ~ it was during the saimoe tournament ^_^ i could say that it was love at first sight seeing fate

edit: LoweGear beat me to it

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS

Last edited by Deathkillz; 2007-02-14 at 08:53.
Old 2007-02-14, 05:42   Link #2093
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

LOL, Nanoha is dangerous. Ah well, she made a new friend (if he's still alive )
Old 2007-02-14, 05:59   Link #2094
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Well, someone comparing Nanoha to "CCS with Gundam-caliber beam attacks" got me hooked, oddly enough.
Old 2007-02-14, 06:36   Link #2095
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal View Post
LOL, Nanoha is dangerous. Ah well, she made a new friend (if he's still alive )
Omake

Fate's turn
Final Plus

He'll live but he won't be doing very well.... Dog food
Old 2007-02-14, 06:37   Link #2096
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
i got no idea how i started, i think i saw ep1 at my local anime club and since i'm out of stuff to DL so i give it a try... and for some reason i cant drop the series after i started it.
Old 2007-02-14, 08:06   Link #2097
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

I watched Nanoha and A's when they first aired, though I was but a mere lurker during it's time and I kinda didn't bothered myself to get into the discussions that were filled with Nanoha/Fate fanboyism. My favourite character in Nanoha-verse is Graham after all. Though SS discussions still is, the new characters and the move into the more-organizational based storytelling interest me moreso than Fate/Nanoha/Hayate version adult.

As much as it pains the Kira fan in me to watch that video, I'll say that it was well made. Besides, it got my crack creative juices rolling again. Great inspiration. As for the Shinn one... he'll run away before Nanoha's handshake offer.

Spoiler for Kira/Nanoha crack:

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-02-14, 09:12   Link #2098
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Just visited ANN... Not sure if anyone posted this...

The opening song is named "SECRET AMBITION" by Nana Mizuki (Funny how it's always two words...)

Also, I realise that Amy's last name didn't change, it's still Limiette. Since they 'updated' Fate's last name, there shouldn't be any reason why her's still the same...UNLESS!! !!!
Old 2007-02-14, 09:22   Link #2099
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Taking the title with a grain of salt for now, since there's no source listed. Nonetheless, it does fit with the established song title convention of the first two OP's.

If Secret Ambition really will be the title of the OP, then it'll be a rather interesting title, since both OP's have had titles with corresponding lyrics that in ways refer to the characters in their respective series (IMHO, Innocent Starter could refer to Nanoha and Fate, and Eternal Blaze to the Wolkenritter). If so, Secret Ambition could very well be referring to the new characters.

And as for Amy... who knows, either the marriage has YET to happen, Amy's keeping her maiden name, or the entire deal's been called off ^^;;

Last edited by LoweGear; 2007-02-14 at 09:36.
Old 2007-02-14, 09:40   Link #2100
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

You don't 'YET to happen' a wedding for 4 years =P

So it's either the second reason (but don't she still have to have a 'Haraoun' somewhere?), or I lose a very big bet! ^^''
Closed Thread