AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-04, 19:32   Link #41
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

Looking at your avatar, I'm reminded of another show that doesn't get a lot of buzz, but is really good. Moyashimon

I'm glad to see someone mention The Third, since it is spectacular, but it's hard to find mention of it anywhere.
Old 2008-02-06, 17:07   Link #42
fallin up
my life is a harem

thanks for all the suggestions guys. i have a lot of anime watching ahead of me!
Old 2008-02-07, 00:12   Link #43
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koroviev View Post
Damien won the thread. Never knew there were other Skull Man fans.
There aren't ...If you watch SkullMan you better bring a couple cups of coffee^^...LMAO, I love the opening though...

As for my choice...Desert Punk (Sunabouza) has got what ecchi fans like, what action fans like, and what comedy fans like...All with pretty cool animation and great BGM's...I was on an IRC site snatching some Shana and thought the title sounded cool...Dumped Shana after 1 ep then dove into the wonderful world of a leecherous, kicka$$, back-stabbing, get-what-he-can-get a$$ lowlife with gun skills...Never knew that funimation had already dubbed it and released it (Both the dub and the orginal are great)...Can't believe I had never heard of it until then...The first 13 ep OP is one of my alltime favs as it has the main 2 characters as real humans fighting in the desert...Not too many people know about this show I'm convinced...
Old 2008-03-24, 17:15   Link #44
hold

for me , Rurouni Kenshin. i just loved it , and i learned alot from it , besides it changed my philosophy of life.
Old 2008-03-29, 20:30   Link #45
SilentHunter

Baccano
Ghost hound
Ghost Hunt
Hajime no ippo (lots of people dont know how good it is)
Hunter x Hunter
Air Gear
Old 2008-03-29, 20:56   Link #46
negativeone

ergo proxy

baccano
Old 2008-03-29, 22:48   Link #47
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

If I had to pick an underrated show among the current offerings it would be Ghost Hound. What's especially surprising is that it has maintained such a low profile throughout its run despite being a Shirow Masamune/Production I.G show. It's exquisitely drawn with perhaps the most innovative sound track I've heard in an anime. The last few episodes to be released in subs moved it to another level of maturity and complexity.
Old 2008-03-30, 04:30   Link #48
Deus ex Digital Boy
21st Century Digital Boy

just as I thought, most of the shows in here are quite heard of, made evident by the sheer amount of repeat suggestions XD. Okay, yeah, I said Baccano too, but mostly because I was advertising it.

Here's one that just finished airing - Mokke. Almost no one watched this even though it got fully subbed. Even here on animesuki the thread is tiny.

I also want to bring up Sisters of Wellber which no one watched, then the subs froze, then a second season aired last season which I don't even think anyone subbed =_= the show wasn't great, but at least worth giving a look see, especially if you like Noir or the other Bee Train shows.

Also, I can't believe I didn't mention this before, but my favorite unknown show, fucking Legend of Black Heaven!!! Watch it!!!
Old 2008-03-30, 05:41   Link #49
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deus ex Digital Boy View Post
Here's one that just finished airing - Mokke. Almost no one watched this even though it got fully subbed. Even here on animesuki the thread is tiny.
I heard of it!!!
It was on that one controversial Yahoo! Japan top 100 anime of 2007 list.
I brought it up and translated it, so I have now heard of about 80% of the anime that aired in 2007.

Skull Man, Dennou Coil, Baccano! (It's not really that unknown, though.), Ghost Hound, Moyashimon were on it too.
Ahhh, I feel so win.
Old 2008-03-30, 13:13   Link #50
Sun Shine
Destroyer of the Good

Okay these are anime from the 90's, they are probably pretty well known but they are a lot different to the same suggestions they seem to pop up over and over in each thread.

Arc the Lad, this one isn't great but it is a very good fantasy/elemental anime.

Gasaraki, one of my favourite mecha anime, extremely under rated, although the first couple of episodes are very poor.

Ninja Scroll, this is definatey a great anime, badass ninja action with enough gore, the tv series was solid as well.
Old 2008-03-30, 13:16   Link #51
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Bokurano. People have heard of it, but not many have watched it. I think it's excellent.
Old 2008-03-30, 16:46   Link #52
Deus ex Digital Boy
21st Century Digital Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post
I heard of it!!!
It was on that one controversial Yahoo! Japan top 100 anime of 2007 list.
I brought it up and translated it, so I have now heard of about 80% of the anime that aired in 2007.

Skull Man, Dennou Coil, Baccano! (It's not really that unknown, though.), Ghost Hound, Moyashimon were on it too.
Ahhh, I feel so win.
What about Black Heaven? huh? huh?
Old 2008-03-30, 16:46   Link #53
starry_sky45
Cherry Blossom~

Send a message via AIM to starry_sky45 Send a message via MSN to starry_sky45
Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro, is a great anime that from what I've seen, not a lot of people have heard of. Its supernatural/mystery.
Old 2008-03-30, 17:29   Link #54
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

You mention Noein to the average viewer, and they'll go 'what?' despite the series being licensed. Which is a shame really, since the box set sells for under 30 bucks, which is bargain bin prices for a show I thought was great as that. Best series of 2005 IMO, and sadly very few people I know of IRL actually have seen it.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2008-03-31, 05:15   Link #55
FuzzyWuzzy

Most of what you guys said are very popular. I go to the suggestion forum all the time and I see those names pop up every time. I haven't heard of Touka Gettan though but 12k, last exile, etc are very popular. Last exile is very popular I believe because of the Director or company or whatever since he or they did scrap princess also.

Edit:

Well I saw 4 episodes of Touka Gettan. I don't understand anything at all. The episodes doesn't seem to be in order. It looks like episode 2 is the end and they end up together.

Last edited by FuzzyWuzzy; 2008-03-31 at 06:24.
Old 2008-03-31, 06:49   Link #56
skyablaze

Le Chevalier D'Eon, Busou Renkin, Heroic Age and Gankutsuou are a couple great anime's that a bunch of people missed out on
Old 2008-03-31, 12:29   Link #57
CeDeR
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to CeDeR Send a message via AIM to CeDeR Send a message via Yahoo to CeDeR
Quote:
Originally Posted by starry_sky45 View Post
Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro, is a great anime that from what I've seen, not a lot of people have heard of. Its supernatural/mystery.
err... i think its horrible u can tell who is the culprit and how he/she did it right away.
horrible anime
Old 2008-03-31, 12:39   Link #58
IHaveCrayons

I'd say Last Exile was pretty amazing and less known. The setting in Last Exile was the best setting of any anime.
Old 2008-03-31, 13:54   Link #59
retardation
phantom loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Having written earlier today about Mahou Shoujo Tai Arusu made me realize it deserves mention in this thread as well. It's an exquisitely beautiful show by Studio 4°C. Though it's clearly intended for children with its cast of young witches and its short episodes, the story is dark and complex enough to hold an adult's attention. Sadly it just got licensed in the past six months or so and isn't available on AS any longer.
i checked out the youtube trailer for this show. it looks like it might be good.

this is one of the better threads in this suggestion forum for a while now.
Old 2008-03-31, 16:40   Link #60
Deus ex Digital Boy
21st Century Digital Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzzy View Post
Most of what you guys said are very popular. I go to the suggestion forum all the time and I see those names pop up every time. I haven't heard of Touka Gettan though but 12k, last exile, etc are very popular. Last exile is very popular I believe because of the Director or company or whatever since he or they did scrap princess also.

Edit:

Well I saw 4 episodes of Touka Gettan. I don't understand anything at all. The episodes doesn't seem to be in order. It looks like episode 2 is the end and they end up together.
It's aired backward. It's actually a good show when you get into it. It's a lot like Utena. The key is to not take it seriously.
Closed Thread

Tags
obscure, underappreciated