AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2008-09-30, 19:09   Link #61
BigGimp77

Uggh I thought Kekkaishi was ok. The one thing that bothered me about the fight scenes is the "KETSU KETSU KETSU METSU METSU METSU" that had to be continuely shouted.
BigGimp77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 03:47   Link #62
Ultenth

Later on they tone that down, as well as start using a lot more unique ways of using their abilities. The manga is still going strong and is pretty cool too.
Ultenth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 16:25   Link #63
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
I'd also like to add in I like well-choreographed fight scenes...

That's one of the reasons why I like the scenes from Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, and Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, is because the animation is smooth and the scenes don't look overdone...Samurai Champloo just has too much detail to take in, but at the same time, that's what makes it amazing and enjoyable...And in GitS:SAC the tactics used in the show are pretty similar to the same kind of tactics one might find in the police or military, so it's not far-fetched...

And although it's a rarity in shounen titles, I can still find some well-choreographed scenes that caught my eye that aren't as over-the-top as they normally would, like in Bleach, the first battle between Ichigo and Renji, and the battle between Gin and Toshiro...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 02:08   Link #64
jillybutt

I especially really enjoy fights between hot people, like Claymore ;D
jillybutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 08:45   Link #65
Chichi

Delightfully complex and inhuman combat is a real plus for me. The opening sequence from Karas comes to mind. I have no particular preference to the style or realism, regarding the fight is carefully considered.
Chichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 13:05   Link #66
Amray

Epic fights are my favourite. Ones in which the character really, really wants to get revenge by taking the life of his opponent, et cetera. Also, fights where there is a lot of shouting and amazing music to go with it, maybe with added in flashbacks half-way through the duel, they are also great.
Amray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 22:57   Link #67
Flamming_Pants
Lord of the free

I would have to say those that are realistic or well choreographed; things like the energy balls from Dragonball or fights where limbs are blurred to emphasise speed are cheesy to me.
Flamming_Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 09:07   Link #68
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Fights that make cocky characters (without the skills) shut up.
Old 2008-10-04, 09:13   Link #69
othera

I liked the battles in burst angel, though to much gun battles

Uhh i forgot the name but it was sh-something no shana and i liked the fighting in that(was a mix of magic and swords etc)

Other then that, DBZ fights were super lame same as naruto and most ive seen.

Also i hate i dont mind constant fighting but every anime needs one or two epic battles
othera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 23:13   Link #70
anime ronin
death by animeoverdos X_X

my fav would probably be sword fights, if they can execute them right. like alot of claymore fights, some bleach fights, and some OP fights.

second probably hand to hand combat like OP style.

and third would have to be mecha fights, though sometimes mecha fights can be tops when they are completely awsome

PIRATES DOCKING 6!!! GIANT ROBOT SOLDIER!!! BIG EMPEROR!!!
anime ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 21:18   Link #71
ria1414

I like when relatives fight, like Sesshomaru and Inuyasha. That whole family feud thing is one of the things that kept me in that show right up until it ended.
ria1414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 23:06   Link #72
Throne Invader
Protecting the Throne

Sword fights most definitely. I don't enjoy gun fights alot. Too common in movies. I like magic battles too. ^^

It's time to start letting her make her own decisions. - Mom's dermatologist~
Throne Invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 23:23   Link #73
Rawgers
Nyaa~

My favorite is fighting with any melee weapon (Sword, Daggers, Fists, etc.) that is well choreographed, hardly or no talking during the fights (COUGH Naruto/Bleach/etc. COUGH), smooth animation, and epicness.
My favorite fights at the moment are probably the ones from Sword of the Stranger (ending is just... holy shit), Seirei no Moribito (I loved the scene in which Jiguro threw snow at the other guy XD), and Cowboy Bebop.

Mecha fights are awesome when done well. Major turn offs are just a ton of shooting coming out of nowhere from one mecha (which occurs very often in many Series), overpowered mechas, and enemies communicating somehow between the mechas. Macross series (excluding the Mecha Orgies from Frontier) are pretty well done when focusing on two specific fighters.

Guns is a bit hard to do in my opinion, so I do not complain much about them.
Rawgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 06:17   Link #74
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
I'm still waiting to find it in an anime but as I wrote in a story of mine about two soldiers having a gunfight in a cafeteria:

Quote:
A subtle silence engulfed the room.

Only to be suddenly broken by the hollow thud of an empty magazine falling to the ground, followed by the rustling of combat webbing and the distinct “click-clack” of a fresh magazine being locked into place.

Then the firing resumed.

There was no fancy gunplay. No gravity defying acrobatic maneuvers.

Just two professional soldiers out to kill each other as efficiently as possible.
So you can see I want to see modern warfare sort of fight scenes with gunfights being fought in a realistic manner.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 07:01   Link #75
Solafighter
Hige

pipiru piru piru pipi puri.

That says enough, huh?

lol just kidding.

Fights with pistols are kinda cool. Im not fan of swords nor bigger weapons.
Old 2009-03-31, 07:21   Link #76
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

The fight scenes where characters die (preferably non discardable vilain ones) are the best, statistically.
Old 2009-03-31, 09:09   Link #77
Kimura sensei
Kimurin, the Wise

I don't care if they are realistic, as long as they are entertaining. If I wanted realistic stuff, I wouldn't be watching anime, but MMA. I can't remember a action anime with realistic battles.

Mechas would be stupid in real life, for example.

That said, I like stuff with hot girls.
Kimura sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 11:41   Link #78
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
The only problem with gun fights in anime is that there aren't enough of them, and what there is, only a little are actual quality and not some disproportional fluff that have gun fights just to have a gun fight...

I wish there were more "Ghost in the Shell" type stuff with maybe some Tom Clancy influence in them...
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 11:47   Link #79
christine_cute
A total anime freak^^

I really like the fight scenes in Final Fantasy VII Advent Children.
the animation is really great.....
christine_cute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 21:17   Link #80
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Anything that doesn't last more than a few seconds. Two or three minutes, tops.

Seriously. I fell asleep on Star Wars Episode III on the supposedly high point of the movie (Anakin vs Obi-Wan). Fights aren't supposed to last more than a couple of seconds. Then again, the movie was pretty much crap in almost all aspects, so perhaps it wasn't just the stupidly long-drawn fight that made me sleepy.

Another thing I hate: stupidly long and unrealistic expositions in the middle of a fight. See Soul Eater for an almost nauseating example.

Quote:
anything mecha pertty much sucks
Uuhh, right. That's a cool opinion though! Reminds me of people who say any kind of animation is pretty much child's stuff... sound familiar?

(And I'm not even a mecha fan).

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote