AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-08-06, 20:53   Link #2201
Xacual

Wait I'm really confused, I thought Nanamine didn't get cancelled and he had until a different meeting to improve his work. He even acted somewhat reformed at the party with our protagonists. When did he get cancelled and why the hell would he try the same thing all over again basically. This just feels like a really lame villain reboot because they didn't have any other ideas.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2011-08-06, 21:08   Link #2202
amasposu

Spoiler for 143:
Old 2011-08-06, 21:56   Link #2203
Ushio the Omega

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
I wonder how old the mangaka in the actual Shounen Jump are. I doubt most of the Shonen Jump authors are under 30.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/ne...les-since-2010

The artist of Bakuman is 42 the writer is believed to be in his 50's.
Old 2011-08-06, 23:19   Link #2204
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Wait I'm really confused, I thought Nanamine didn't get cancelled and he had until a different meeting to improve his work. He even acted somewhat reformed at the party with our protagonists. When did he get cancelled and why the hell would he try the same thing all over again basically. This just feels like a really lame villain reboot because they didn't have any other ideas.
This...the only difference is that this time around he's doing it in secrecy and doesn't meet people on the net, but gathers them at his place. No, Eiji, recycling is NOT good!
Old 2011-08-06, 23:55   Link #2205
amasposu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
This just feels like a really lame villain reboot because they didn't have any other ideas.
The approach is similar but it is far more refined.

Nanamine is actually paying people for their ideas this time. Not to mention, he is hiring mangaka with experience and artistic talent. He even has part of a building to use for his operation. He has a floor devoted to the ghost writers and two floors devoted to the "Monitors." This plan is so elaborate that I'm very impressed. I am starting to like Nanamine.

The only thing that bothers me is the cost of his resources. The staff and the facilities that he is employing must come at a huge expense. 60% of what the Mangaka's make should not be able to cover all the costs, at least not in the short run. It is fine for now because his father is funding for him but I can't help but imagine that the cost will eventually collapse on him.
Old 2011-08-07, 01:46   Link #2206
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

I'm sure he's gonna fail due to finical difficulty later on.
Old 2011-08-07, 02:29   Link #2207
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
I'm sure he's gonna fail due to finical difficulty later on.
I really seems that way with the number of floors he has dedicated to the "operation." Even huge companies can only afford so much extra space due to money constraints, and here is Nanamine doing just that as if it's easy. Truth be told, while his plan is elaborate, I'm kinda annoyed with him as I thought he learned his lesson after the first coming, but he's really obsessed with the idea that editors are useless.
Old 2011-08-07, 03:12   Link #2208
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoshi View Post
I really seems that way with the number of floors he has dedicated to the "operation." Even huge companies can only afford so much extra space due to money constraints, and here is Nanamine doing just that as if it's easy. Truth be told, while his plan is elaborate, I'm kinda annoyed with him as I thought he learned his lesson after the first coming, but he's really obsessed with the idea that editors are useless.
I thought so as well about his attempt the first time and the after math remorse.

About the editors being useless, Miura didn't do it justice
Who was Nanamine editor btw?
Old 2011-08-07, 03:38   Link #2209
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
I thought so as well about his attempt the first time and the after math remorse.

About the editors being useless, Miura didn't do it justice
Who was Nanamine editor btw?
Miura's a noob, but there are good editors like Miizuma's editor and Hattori of course. Some of them are useless, some of them give better input than 100 people put together. Nanamine thinks they're all as bad as Miura. And Nanamine's editor was that new one who wears those huge glasses, but I can't remember his name now.
Old 2011-08-07, 05:20   Link #2210
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

^IIRC the kid's name was Kozuke.

I thought he had good potential as an editor myself, just timid because he was a newbie, and then he was thrown to an overbearing egotistic mangaka who wasn't even gonna listen to him...

I dislike this arc. This conspiratorial stuff is kind of stupid. If he's putting in all that effort, why don't he just start a magazine or something instead and revolutionize the industry that way, or better yet write his own damned manga? Why wouldn't he himself write for one or two mangaka instead of throwing a bunch out raising suspicion? Why are we repeating the arc all over again actually? When was the last time we see Miho?

Plus didn't Nanamine already sort of learned his lesson in an earlier arc?
Old 2011-08-07, 05:26   Link #2211
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
Plus didn't Nanamine already sort of learned his lesson in an earlier arc?
My point exactly, I thought he had learned what he'd done wrong. He even said he would devise a brand new method. This doesn't seem really new at all. He's just doing the same exact thing as before, but this time using other artists and a more sure method to keep his followers in line.
Old 2011-08-07, 05:51   Link #2212
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
no, the method is entirely new. Self involvement based company like structures are usually better than just having an anonymous forum for people. Especially when they get paid quite well for their work. Seems a bit fight-clubesque to me : First rule is, you do NOT talk about the company. D:
And he doesn't do anything anymore, he's not drawing, he's not even giving ideas, nor checking the content. His previous method consisted of him alone gathering the ideas, making the cuts, drawing the story etc., but this time around he just supervises each aspect and let the people trade info face to face.
Though there'll be an issue when the ghostwriters suddenly realize that they could get alot of credit for claiming having written the story for a hit series.
'll see how this develops
Old 2011-08-07, 06:00   Link #2213
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
no, the method is entirely new. Self involvement based company like structures are usually better than just having an anonymous forum for people. Especially when they get paid quite well for their work. Seems a bit fight-clubesque to me : First rule is, you do NOT talk about the company. D:
And he doesn't do anything anymore, he's not drawing, he's not even giving ideas, nor checking the content. His previous method consisted of him alone gathering the ideas, making the cuts, drawing the story etc., but this time around he just supervises each aspect and let the people trade info face to face.
Though there'll be an issue when the ghostwriters suddenly realize that they could get alot of credit for claiming having written the story for a hit series.
'll see how this develops
It is new in a sense, but the core aspects of his strategy is really no different: rely on the opinions of a number of people, and then draw the manga. Except this time, it's not him drawing it and he's ensuring the loyalty of his ghost-writers with money. Also, from the way he worded things before his last departure, he implied he wouldn't stop making manga, but it looks like he has stopped himself.

In any case, if the company gets found out, it wouldn't just be the ghost writers, the entire company would get a lot of bad rep. Nanamine would be the first one to take the blame since he's managing the entire thing from a business perspective, and perhaps his father too if the company's a subsidiary for his.
Old 2011-08-07, 06:50   Link #2214
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm not too thrilled with this latest development. I'm afraid this arc will end up being just as bad as the previous Nanamine arc. The idea of a secret ghostwriter society conspiring to take over Jump is just... ugh. I liked Bakuman better when it at least tried to be realistic.

What happened to Miho by the way? We haven't seen or even heard of her in ages. Are Mashiro and her going to marry when they're 40?
Old 2011-08-07, 07:04   Link #2215
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
What happened to Miho by the way?
Died. Cancer.

It was sad.
Old 2011-08-07, 07:59   Link #2216
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
What happened to Miho by the way?
She married someone else and is with child. Mashiro doesn't know yet.
Old 2011-08-07, 09:23   Link #2217
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

I kind of think this ghostwriter thing is here to stay. Otherwise Bakuman will have to deal with the sob story of a bunch of homeless, jobless veteran manga authors that it has brought to the front.
Old 2011-08-07, 09:58   Link #2218
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I kinda wondered about that, too. How do guys like Mashiro's uncle earn a living?
Old 2011-08-07, 10:51   Link #2219
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
What happened to Miho by the way? We haven't seen or even heard of her in ages. Are Mashiro and her going to marry when they're 40?
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Died. Cancer.

It was sad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoshi View Post
She married someone else and is with child. Mashiro doesn't know yet.
They talked about Miho's panties a couple chapters back (lol). I don't think she's completely disappeared or become irrelevant to the story yet :P.

Last edited by Sol Falling; 2011-08-07 at 15:01.
Old 2011-08-07, 12:31   Link #2220
Excelion

I'm thinking money will be the downfall this time...I got a kind of vibe the 2nd and 3rd floor were being overpaid for relatively simple work that they weren't taking seriously, and then there's that announcement of their wages being increased and the idea reward was doubled.

It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me why Nanamine would be a delivery boy before, and now he's suddenly the President of a company because he asked nicely. It's almost like his previous incarnation didn't exist.

Eiji also sending us subliminal messages with "recycling is good". Which is what this arc is. I kind of expected to see Eiji on a vacation instead of his editor dogging him for another story...whatever happened to that?

Also overdue for a Miho update.
Closed Thread

Tags
manga, shounen