AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2016-11-30, 00:29   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 848 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

It's that time again! Credit goes to AP's Sandman for the summary:

-Chapter title is "Goodbye". Splash page is a color spread this time around.

-Despite Luffy's bold words last chapter, Big Mom is NOT angry! She says she is willing to forgive anything now that she has the combined gifts of the Tamatebako and the alliance with the Germa army. However, one of her men soon informs her that intruders have appeared in the castle.

-Meanwhile, in Sanji's room, the man in question is fawning over his bride-to-be. However, despite this, he's still deeply concerned about the Baratie, and his friends. We then cut to Pudding, who has her chosen wedding dress rejected by Big Mom. Instead, Linlin decides the dress for her. Pudding then steps out into the rainy balcony, and recalls her sister Lola, who ran away so she can make her own decisions regarding whom she wants to marry...

-Back in the castle, Pedro goes wild, taking down enemies with his sword and explosives. Tamago, who's giving chase after the mink, is informed by Smoothie via denden mushi that Brooke has not only broke into the treasury.... but locked it from the inside. Despite this, Tamago tells her not to kill the skeleton, but capture him instead, as he would make another fine addition to Big Mom's collection of unique creatures. Within the treasury, soldiers try to stop Brooke, but he takes them down with his music. He tells them that "fake" souls such as theirs stand no chance against the cry of his own...!!!

-Back in the book prison library, Luffy and Nami get a surprise visitor: Pudding! She's able to enter through using a bookmark. She then proceeds to apologize to them for what's happened so far, and admits that while Sanji did indeed propose for her hand in marriage.... she plans to reject his offer. She then whispers something to Luffy and Nami that us readers don't catch, but seems to greatly shock the two pirates. After whispering her secret, Pudding gives the two of them a tearful farewell....!!!
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-30, 01:20   Link #2
The Small One

Now this seems to be getting interessting.
Without the marriage, Big Mom has no reason to keep her part of the the deal with Sanji, which makes the situation for the Straw Hats even worse.
On the other hand seeing her fickle character, she may also let them leave alltogether since she doesn't need them anymore.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-30, 09:14   Link #3
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

I keep eager for Tametabako to be opened though and i hope the effect was a side effect of ES itself that affects instantly.

Since Alabasta + Skypiea Arc was completed on Dressrosa Arc i can guess this can be Eines Lobby + Thriller Bark Arc for this one.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-30, 10:42   Link #4
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

since it's heading towards BM getting really angry...
I'm going to ask again, "there's no way Luffy can defeat BM right??"
Old 2016-11-30, 11:48   Link #5
P_Dezz

Wow is Oda really doing 4 chapters in a row?? Is this a dream?
P_Dezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-30, 23:03   Link #6
alex_drian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
No, actually no

Unless that he have a secret Gear 5 so powerful that he can't control and he can't distinguish friend or foe
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-01, 00:05   Link #7
Ramero

Quote:
He can defeat BM if Luffy and his crew can find or on the situation where the game changes maybe like some game changer such as Tametabako?

Since this is a combination between Thriller Bark and Eines Lobby Arc, i was expecting Sanji and Tametabako will be the game changer for this and BM can be defeated through most likely, uncommon way.

Just remember, this is Sanji's year so i hope that Oda will kept his word by making Sanji something that can even turn the tide of Straw Hats from losing to winning. One that i want is Demon Jamble where we can see on Thriller Bark, Sanji almost turn himself to a demon because of Absalom.

Last edited by Ramero; 2016-12-01 at 00:17.
Old 2016-12-01, 00:28   Link #8
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post
I keep eager for Tametabako to be opened though and i hope the effect was a side effect of ES itself that affects instantly.
I hope the Tametabako ages BM to dust.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-01, 00:44   Link #9
The Small One

Quote:
Well, we didn't really see BM fight for herself, or how powerful she really is.
So far she was relying on her children and soldiers to do the fighting for her, which is absolutely fine.
But we have absolutely nothing to base any speculation on, considering how a 1-on-1 fight between her and Luffy could play out.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-01, 01:30   Link #10
Ramero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
I hope the Tametabako ages BM to dust.
Yep i agree and i hope it is a game changer for Straw Hats to winning.
Old 2016-12-01, 04:55   Link #11
marvelB

Saw some spoiler pics. Damn, it sure was awesome seeing Brooke get some action again after some time. It also reminds me of what I said in a previous thread about how his own DF ability could be a potential counter to Big Mom's (since it's ALSO soul-based). I'm not saying he's capable of taking on a Yonkou.... far from it. But I think he can combat her power to the extent of preventing her from creating/controlling her Homies with his music, possibly. That right there would be an immense advantage, since the homies are littered all over BM's territory....

Also, sorta surprised that nobody's voiced their curiosity as to what Pudding whispered to Luffy and Nami. One possible guess is that she told them of Sanji's blackmail situation, but I think another possibility is that she told them she'd pull a Lola and run away to find her dream hubby..... at least maybe that way, Linlin would be enraged to the point that she'd probably forget about Sanji and drop the threats against him and the Baratie. Or perhaps it's a combination of those ideas....?
Old 2016-12-01, 09:16   Link #12
Ramero

If Pudding is jealous of Lola which mean there is only one possibility when she whispers to Luffy and Nami, she want to escape from Big Mom.

Welp.. Brook can absorb the homies soul!?
Old 2016-12-01, 11:09   Link #13
Gilly

That kid is one bad mofo. *swoon*
Gilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-01, 12:17   Link #14
grecefar

I think is more than escape from big mom for luffy and nami to react like that, maybe she's going to end her life or somenthing.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-01, 12:41   Link #15
Ramero

She know the bet anyway since her life is at stake now when she decide to escape from Big Mom. I hope Sanji notice this..
Old 2016-12-01, 12:46   Link #16
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Pudding?? what are----? Wait! what are you going to do?? STAHP!!

Save her, Sanji.. I can't deal with this kind of thing anymore
pursue your happiness

and I would like to see Brook more.. His fighting ability is still a mystery for me
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-01, 15:42   Link #17
necrolyte

Brook is awesome in this chapter. This crazy aura(his soul probably) behind him looks insane, really liked it. I really wanna see more of him now and not only fighting trash. Would be great if he fight BM instead of Luffy, just imagine how awesome it will be one of Luffy's crew being able to fight against Yonkou
necrolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-01, 16:16   Link #18
Jmariofan7

Quote:
Depends on whether or not Big Mom's strength is natural or stolen, her soul soul fruit may not only steal life from other people but also their individual power levels and get added on to her own, basically being a more stable version of Gecko Moria's Shadows Asgard ability, and if they can get her to loose all the souls she devoured and brought back down to natural strength Luffy could take her on.
Jmariofan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-01, 19:17   Link #19
marvelB

BTW, I'm rather curious.... is Smoothie half-Longleg? Because seeing her standing, she's got legs like freaking stilts, lol. Guess that would make her the third Longleg we've seen in the series so far, if that's the case (the other two being Tamago and Blue Gilly). I wonder if the remaining commander Katakuri will also be a crossbreed... I think it would be interesting if Big Mom had children who were half-mink or half-dwarf, in particular....
Old 2016-12-01, 22:30   Link #20
Ramero

I hope Oda can make Sanji a "demon" this time..