AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-08-08, 17:46   Link #1721
Qilin
Romanticist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
More images have appeared, and oh boy.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Oh, and it seems
Spoiler for Chapter 13 RAWs:
No! The Teru x Sumire ship will never be sunk, no matter much you say on the contrary.

Whatever the case, Shiraitodai is finally getting some personality. I'm all for this development.
Old 2012-08-08, 17:53   Link #1722
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qilin View Post
No! The Teru x Sumire ship will never be sunk, no matter much you say on the contrary.

Whatever the case, Shiraitodai is finally getting some personality. I'm all for this development.
Did you forget about Teru having the whole school as her harem? No one's ship has to be sunk And yes, it's quite to finally see some soul behind the monsters, especially Teru, and especially now that Saki seems to be sinking further into darkness.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 18:04   Link #1723
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
I'm finding it amusing that people are whipping out the tablet PCs, instead of the notepads and laptops that they had in the first Saki.

And yes, it's nice to see the champions slowly being given character in Achiga-hen, instead of these vague threats that they were when the first anime rolled out. Eagerly waiting for the aftermath of Sumire's turn at the table, and see what Takami and Seiko can contribute to the slaughter... I mean, Shiraitodai's continued dominance of the table.
Old 2012-08-08, 21:05   Link #1724
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
I'm finding it amusing that people are whipping out the tablet PCs, instead of the notepads and laptops that they had in the first Saki.
1. It's Tokyo.
2. Nagano is a bit backwards, so the top schools of other regions would most likely have access to the best technology.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 22:20   Link #1725
tarajis
El Psy Congroo

Quote:

Images

Oh, and it seems

Wooohhh!!! I can see the finals now... it won't be the Nationals anymore... it will be the.... TERU TOURNAMENT....

at the table during the Captains Battle in the finals...

Awaii: I'll be keeping Teru-neechan for myself...
Saki: No... I'll be taking back oneechan...
Awaii: Let me see you try...
Saki: I came here specifically for that...

and then auras clashes between two monsters!!! there will be natural calamities!!! I hope the tournament venue don't collapse on them...

I feel sorry for the other two people at the table during that battle...

I can't wait... how many years will it take?
tarajis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 22:45   Link #1726
Requiem-x
The slacking one

That sounds dangerously close to the final season of beyblade, but with lesbians.

HELL YEAH!

Also, if everything goes according to plan, Shizu should also be on the table at the time. Will her years of supressed lust for Nodoka pay off at the time of the clash?

Edit:
In case you needed further evidence

Images

Last edited by Requiem-x; 2012-08-09 at 00:18.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 00:44   Link #1727
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

^
Achiga strong ;_;

Keep going guys, I bet you can reach the finals with your ability now!

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 03:11   Link #1728
tsunade666

Quote:

Images

Oh, and it seems
Love the looks on Teru's face as well as Awai.

Teru is the boss! like a yakuza boss the whole "all girls" school bows before her and her harem.

I wish Shizu at least show some fight in the captain round of this semi final round.
Old 2012-08-09, 03:19   Link #1729
JW1

Saki's game plan has never really made a lot of sense (I mean, depriving Teru of the chance to be the first three-time champion is a way to become friends with her again?), but now she's going to have to do it by beating Teru's girlfriend? Time for a rethink...
JW1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 04:09   Link #1730
Sumeragi
Banned

Gentlemen, the fact that you dare consider Awai as the girlfriend of Teru greatly disturbs me. Awai is just a spoiled brat! Remember, Teru is a siscon to the very core! There are no other possibilities!

*Goes into siscon Teru mode*

As a side note, please enjoy a Ryuuka:

Spoiler for Sock Fetish:
Old 2012-08-09, 04:47   Link #1731
desrtsku
Nympholept

Someone mentioned socks?! (not asking about the nopan anymore)
Old 2012-08-09, 05:01   Link #1732
JW1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Gentlemen, the fact that you dare consider Awai as the girlfriend of Teru greatly disturbs me. Awai is just a spoiled brat! Remember, Teru is a siscon to the very core! There are no other possibilities!

*Goes into siscon Teru mode*
LOL! BUT... take a look at that second picture there. Awai has her head leaning against Teru's cheek and what is Teru's reaction? None. No blushing, no embarrassment. That is a picture right there of two people who are very, very comfortable being intimate with each other. In fact, it may be the most intimate thing we've seen in Saki so far. I never pay much attention to 'shipping' in general, but it looks like the shippers got that one right.

...Or I could be taking it out of context, though it's hard to see how two people who were 'just friends' could get into that position.

On a different note, I might be jumping the gun a bit here commenting on just these few scans, but I don't like the look of what's happening in the match. When, exactly, have we ever seen any hint that Yuu has any special ability other than being able to draw in 'warm' tiles? Yet, suddenly, here she has the ability to avoid Sumire's attack, something that is so extraordinary, apparently, that it causes consternation in the Shiraitodai team. That looks unpleasantly like author ex machina to me.
Old 2012-08-09, 06:38   Link #1733
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I think to understand how Yu was able to avoid Sumire's ron, we need to see how exactly Sumire's ability work. Avoiding direct hit via betaori isn't something that amazing in the world of mahjong either... so calling her using 'deus ex machina' is overestimating it. She probably understand how Sumire's fight by studying it or perhaps, doing something that isn't ordinary for her standard.

Not to mention that the girl in Shiratodai team had stated that there's no weakness in Yuu's ability when she fought her before.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 07:55   Link #1734
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarajis View Post
Wooohhh!!! I can see the finals now... it won't be the Nationals anymore... it will be the.... TERU TOURNAMENT....

at the table during the Captains Battle in the finals...

Awaii: I'll be keeping Teru-neechan for myself...
Saki: No... I'll be taking back oneechan...
Awaii: Let me see you try...
Saki: I came here specifically for that...
Shizuno: Saki give me back my wife...

Now all we need is to have the fourth player with some sort of grudge against Saki then all hell will break looses in the final captain match.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 07:57   Link #1735
uis

Gonna love they show Achiga strong now but other character need love too...

Come on Shindouji show what u got...

-It is okay if you are weak. I will grab your hand and realize your dream-
uis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 07:59   Link #1736
Sumeragi
Banned

This is the truth behind all that skinship Awai was forcing on Teru!

Spoiler for Evidence!:

It was never something mutual, like this fake picture!

Spoiler for FAKE!:
Old 2012-08-09, 08:17   Link #1737
night_sentinel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW1 View Post
LOL! BUT... take a look at that second picture there. Awai has her head leaning against Teru's cheek and what is Teru's reaction? None. No blushing, no embarrassment.
I'm with Sumeragi-sama on this one...

I have the opposite reaction to that picture. For me that was an indication that there is nothing going on with Teru and Awaii since Teru has absolutely no reaction toward the invasion of space. As you've said there is no blushing and no embarrassment which are signs of attraction toward someone. Considering how unemotional and controlled Teru is, getting a reaction out of her would be more telling of how she feels toward someone.

I think this demonstrates more of Awaii's personality. From what I can see she doesn't seem to use honorific for anyone. Hmm... more fuel for my pet theory that Awaii is actually from another country.

@Sumeragi
Those are pretty good pictures even if I feel it sort of crack paring right now. But who knows what the next issue would bring?

Saki characters and pairing discussion are so tanoshii. Next to the mahjong discussions of course.
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 08:42   Link #1738
JW1

Quote:
Originally Posted by night_sentinel View Post
I'm with Sumeragi-sama on this one...

I have the opposite reaction to that picture. For me that was an indication that there is nothing going on with Teru and Awaii since Teru has absolutely no reaction toward the invasion of space. As you've said there is no blushing and no embarrassment which are signs of attraction toward someone. Considering how unemotional and controlled Teru is, getting a reaction out of her would be more telling of how she feels toward someone.
You've highlighted the very reason why I feel the opposite way. I can't imagine that a person as buttoned-up as Teru would tolerate someone invading her personal space like that if she didn't want it. I think Awai would have received a very cold brush-off long ago. And really, just who would tolerate having a friend (that they had no romantic interest in) pressing their head to their cheek in that manner? Is that normal behaviour where you are, it certainly isn't around my neighbourhood!?
Old 2012-08-09, 08:48   Link #1739
JW1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
I think to understand how Yu was able to avoid Sumire's ron, we need to see how exactly Sumire's ability work. Avoiding direct hit via betaori isn't something that amazing in the world of mahjong either... so calling her using 'deus ex machina' is overestimating it. She probably understand how Sumire's fight by studying it or perhaps, doing something that isn't ordinary for her standard.

Not to mention that the girl in Shiratodai team had stated that there's no weakness in Yuu's ability when she fought her before.
If it's just a case that Yuu avoided something fairly straightforward, I take back what I said; it's just that the reaction of the rest of the Shiraitodai team seemed to suggest that avoiding Sumire's attack was something very unusual, which in turn looked like Yuu was using some special power that has sprung out of nowhere.
Old 2012-08-09, 08:50   Link #1740
Sumeragi
Banned

I'm inclined to say that the team as a whole is close to one another, and Teru is just shrugging it off. Remember, in the Sakiverse, the girls are much closer than all the hottest bromances fujoshis can think of!

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri