AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2009-04-15, 18:05   Link #141
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

Kaisos Erranon, don't forget that I'm in Seitenkan group too. Lol.
Quote:
There is no magically changing of sexes or trap drama or whatever you're thinking of that would cause much mind rape.
I don't know what are you really thinking. You get the whole idea "a bit" wrong.

And now tell me, why there is no Clannad genderbening, huh ?
Littm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 18:09   Link #142
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Probably because Mio is hard to pin a type on already, thus coming up with an opposite/equal in not viable yet. She's not exactly an introvert...she's shy, she's not quite tsundere, she's got the straight man role to Ritsu, yet she's somehow able to sing lead when needed (ED) even when she didn't want to lead spotlight generally reserved for the guitarist. Contrasts and difficult to place characteristics make it hard to pin her down...which might be the point.

Quote:
There is. We just don't do it because the story doesn't work very well genderbent.
Old 2009-04-15, 18:12   Link #143
Nerroth
NePoi!

Maybe it would be time to go for K-yon, after all?

(Although I'm not sure you'd call his seiyuu's take on HHY singing... but then, I'm not one to judge.

EDIT: Who am I kidding, that version of the song is great!)
Old 2009-04-15, 18:14   Link #144
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littm View Post
Kaisos Erranon, don't forget that I'm in Seitenkan group too. Lol.

I don't know what are you really thinking. You get the whole idea "a bit" wrong.
Littm... Danchou and I are practically responsible for the Seitenkan group.

I'd think we'd know what we're talking about.

Quote:
There is, actually. Look around.

Seitenkan doesn't generally do romance shows though. Too difficult and gender-focused to really work without changing everything.

Not that people haven't tried.

Edit: Dammit, beaten to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Probably because Mio is hard to pin a type on already, thus coming up with an opposite/equal in not viable yet. She's not exactly an introvert...she's shy, she's not quite tsundere, she's got the straight man role to Ritsu, yet she's somehow able to sing lead when needed (ED) even when she didn't want to lead spotlight generally reserved for the guitarist. Contrasts and difficult to place characteristics make it hard to pin her down...which might be the point.
Probably.

Despite my dislike, she's one of the more original characters in K-On... there has to be some way to twist a male archetype to fit her though. I was thinking some combination between the deadpan snarker and something else...
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 18:59   Link #145
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

It's good to discuss , but please discuss it somewhere else, it's our of topic (kind of...) here =]
Old 2009-04-15, 20:56   Link #146
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bland View Post
Spoiler for Swimsuit Mio:
Niiiiice. Continuing in that vein...

(I actually kinda like the uncolored version)

Started working on the Ritsu stitch from the OP... I'm currently right at the really difficult section right in the middle, where Ritsu's portrait is swooping across the screen. The tricky part is, there seems to be a fixed dark gradient across the screen, so as I erase to lower layers, it gets darker, so I frequently just end up painting over to smooth it out.

Spoiler for WIP:

Love the bubblegum. ^^
Old 2009-04-15, 20:59   Link #147
Nerroth
NePoi!

That coloured-in pic is nice!
Old 2009-04-15, 21:32   Link #148
animekritik

@ Raiga

I actually like that Ritsu picture as is, with all the greenish flickers!
Old 2009-04-15, 22:38   Link #149
Shadow Moth
庭師は紺碧の空

Send a message via AIM to Shadow Moth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber.Dawn View Post
Isn't it nya?
Yes but that doesn't work with Mio's name.

Quote:
Oh God, please no. Don't ruin my clean image of Clannad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
Started working on the Ritsu stitch from the OP... I'm currently right at the really difficult section right in the middle, where Ritsu's portrait is swooping across the screen. The tricky part is, there seems to be a fixed dark gradient across the screen, so as I erase to lower layers, it gets darker, so I frequently just end up painting over to smooth it out.

Spoiler for WIP:

Love the bubblegum. ^^
Thank you soooooooo~ much!
Best freinds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by animekritik View Post
@ Raiga

I actually like that Ritsu picture as is, with all the greenish flickers!
No.
Shadow Moth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 23:25   Link #150
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
Speaking as part of the Touhou fanbase, I confirm what everyone else here has said: females should NEVER be turned into males, and the fact that there is only one known male character in Gensokyo is a GOOD thing.
I'm here to derail the thread once again, but I promise it'll be the last time .
Just what part of Touhou fanbase are you from, I wonder . Unfortunately I can't provide you with good backup from my end, because the Touhou imageboard has been flooded recently, and wipe out most of the section, including Touhou genderbending section. That's the bad part. The good part is I manage to recover some of those images as you can see in my gallery.
And there are at least 2 male characters in Gensokyo, and 1 that has no specific gender (I'm not talking about Unzan. I'm talking about a certain priest that can transform into man and woman).

Don't be so narrow minded like that. Genderbending doesn't mean turn a girl into a boy. Like C.A. said:
Quote:
A male character gets a female equivalent, a female gets a male equivalent. They are completely different, separate, characters of opposite sex based on the design on the original.
We're not turning your beloved ones into male. Luckily for me, the Touhou fanbase I am in (shrinemaiden, HongFire and Pooshlmer) is much more open minded than yours.

Again, sorry for derailing the thread again .
Oh well, I guess I should contribute something too:

For Mio-fan, just because I can't find any more Mugi:
Old 2009-04-16, 00:29   Link #151
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
I'm here to derail the thread once again, but I promise it'll be the last time .
Just what part of Touhou fanbase are you from, I wonder
The part that likes girls and thinks that guys are ugly and need to stop stealing screentime from the girls.

Quote:
And there are at least 2 male characters in Gensokyo, and 1 that has no specific gender (I'm not talking about Unzan. I'm talking about a certain priest that can transform into man and woman).
...I don't know what you're talking about. Rinnoske is the only one I'm aware of. Only one other male has ever been named, so far as I know, and he never actually in even any of the supplemental material. That was Youmu's teacher, the former gardener for the afterlife. I don't know what this priest is you're tlaking about, although it may be from the newer games that I haven't played yet.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 00:45   Link #152
Amber.Dawn

Well, the male fanbase usually prefers males turned into females, over the other way around.
Amber.Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 00:46   Link #153
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
The part that likes girls and thinks that guys are ugly and need to stop stealing screentime from the girls.
I'm amazed you can say this without any sense of irony.

For my part, in a show that actually has male characters, I tend to prefer them having screentime over any of the girls if they're at least halfway interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber.Dawn View Post
Well, the male fanbase usually prefers males turned into females, over the other way around.
This is why we normally have BOTH.

It's just that K-On doesn't have any male characters. Which I find disappointing, but whatever. It's still a funny and cute show, and Ritsu is awesome.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 00:54   Link #154
gundam rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
... and due to prodding again, here's the girls... in MEISTER COLORS

Commencing the armed intervention to all music with MOE

*phew*

*FLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ*
eradicating all warfare with songs?

ughh..., imagine Exia/00 with a giant guitar & using GN particles to spread the music through out the world......

also at the same time, it sounded very Macross-ish......

so, does that make the K-on! gang the 4th/5th generation meisters or something?......
gundam rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 00:56   Link #155
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

@ Duo Maxwell
Why do I want to have your signature altered to read "Yuri......mmm......Yuri~"?
Old 2009-04-16, 01:08   Link #156
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

That works, too .

Quote:
...I don't know what you're talking about. Rinnoske is the only one I'm aware of. Only one other male has ever been named, so far as I know, and he never actually in even any of the supplemental material. That was Youmu's teacher, the former gardener for the afterlife. I don't know what this priest is you're tlaking about, although it may be from the newer games that I haven't played yet.
Did the name Youki Kompaku spark any idea in your head?
And the one I was talking about is in PC-98 game. The first Touhou.

Okay, let's just stop here. I guess we won't get anywhere, because me, the gender that shouldn't be exist in your eyes, won't have any word that can reach you.
Old 2009-04-16, 02:46   Link #157
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Moth View Post
Great pics.

Touhou technically has two males. Reimu's turtle (whatever its name is) from the first few games was a guy.

Mi-ow!!!!
Or as they would say in Japan: Myao!!
I think..
Please stop using stupid colors as font colors. =_=

Its freaking annoyin.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 05:28   Link #158
gundam rider

hmmm..., so currently there hasn't any hatsune miku/vocaloid related parodies coming out yet.....

after all what the heck they did to Haruhi's hare hare yukai & Ranka's seikan hikou......
gundam rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 06:07   Link #159
Willen
Aoba Tsukishima

Quote:
Originally Posted by gundam rider View Post
hmmm..., so currently there hasn't any hatsune miku/vocaloid related parodies coming out yet.....

after all what the heck they did to Haruhi's hare hare yukai & Ranka's seikan hikou......
Wait for the singles to get released. If there is an off-vocal version of the song it makes it easier for them to make Vocaloid versions. As for parodies of the OP and ED, they are a bit more complex than Hare Hare Yukai or even Seikan Hikou since they are just dance sequences (with the occasional insert image). Don't Say 'Lazy' will probably be parodied first, although someone will have to create a keytar model to use in MMD (if they are trying to get it as close as possible) or they are willing to re-animate the ED. People recreated Lucky Star's OP, but that takes a while to do properly.
Willen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 06:31   Link #160
AnimeTheme
MJ - Forever King of Pop

There are already Vocaloid version of K-On! OP and ED, though of course they are just the short version from the Anime.

Check out my Windows gadget gallery!

AnimeTheme is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mio