AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 25 (END) Rating
Perfect 10 263 62.17%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 68 16.08%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 37 8.75%
7 out of 10 : Good 23 5.44%
6 out of 10 : Average 12 2.84%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 0.71%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.24%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.24%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.24%
1 out of 10 : Painful 14 3.31%
Voters: 423. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-25, 22:12   Link #101
Yukinokesshou
ドジ

Voilą! (Source, except for green text which is my own insertion: http://blog.livedoor.jp/inthedark/ar.../51884143.html)

竜児へ

竜児、私ね… ずっとずっと自分なんかが
誰かに愛されるはずがないって思ってた。
でもそれは逃げてただけなのかも知れない。
自信がもてないのを親のせいに… 周りのせいにして…
でも、竜児は私をそのまま愛してくれた…。
[ だからこそ、私はもう逃げない。私は変わる、全てを受け入れて。]
自分に誇りをもって…
竜児を愛したいから。
― 逢坂 大河.

[Edit] There! I inserted what Taiga said that wasn't in the pictured letter. No mistakes, I hope?

My best effort at translating: "I always always thought to myself, somehow [something about loving someone, followed by a bunch of hiragana which I can't make sense of. Skip the next two lines for the same reason... I can only tell you, based on the kanji, that it's something about running, knowing, self-confidence and people around her T_T]. However, Ryuuji came to love me as I am [or "just like this"?]. Thus, I will no longer run away. I will change and accept everything. Maintaining my pride... since I [want to?] love Ryuuji."

Now, a decent translation please! Still waiting... come on, now!

Last edited by Yukinokesshou; 2009-03-25 at 22:50.
Old 2009-03-25, 22:13   Link #102
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

it sounded like she was reading it out loud when she was leaving. I thought it was one of those scenes where someone reads a letter and it is the person who wrote it's voice. i can't understand spoken japanese very well.

if it was manufactured for whatever reasons it didn't seem very well pulled off.

maybe I should hold off my judgment until the subs come out though.

i rated the episode 8/10

oops someone pointed out the "reading aloud" thing before I finished posting
Old 2009-03-25, 22:24   Link #103
Peanutbutter

Spoiler for After seeing the Chinese subs:

Last edited by Peanutbutter; 2009-03-25 at 23:04.
Old 2009-03-25, 22:41   Link #104
Yukinokesshou
ドジ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter003 View Post
...they really close the door to whatever new things that can be come up with, by J.C Staff or by the author. If the author decides to have extras, there's no way they can put that back in the anime. (as of this point, the Tomiie/Sakura thing is still open, but not Ryuuji/Taiga in that aspect)
Toradora! ~After Story~, anyone? . At least they broached the topic of marriage, something which most high school romances daren't even hint at.
Old 2009-03-25, 22:42   Link #105
Peanutbutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukinokesshou View Post
Toradora! ~After Story~, anyone?

*shamelessly plugs his own posted video again*
Old 2009-03-25, 22:43   Link #106
FireSong

Am still eagerly awaiting the English subs, but I've been too impatient to see what happened, so I've just watched the RAW.

I'm glad they did away with the OP to buy more time - it was important to properly conclude this episode. And it's nice to have a different ED. Now from what I can see, I'm even more eagerly waiting for one of the sub groups to finish.

I can say Toradora ranks among my top 5 for sure.
Old 2009-03-25, 22:45   Link #107
Maciste

Spoiler for Specific scene (GIF-pic) of episode 25:

Old 2009-03-25, 22:58   Link #108
typhonsentra

Oh God Peanutbutter, it's like you read my mind when you started talking how they acted like nothing happened over the past year. It's one of the first things I thought of after watching the episode. So often in shows about personal growth they forget that when doing an epilogue that takes place long after the story, having the characters remain the same. It also would make it difficult for even people that are very compatible to relate to each other at first as their experiences over that entire time were so different, making it hard to relate to one another: Different friends, different interests, different classes and so on.
Old 2009-03-25, 23:15   Link #109
TODAY-G

O~SHI~MA~I~!!

Finally finally Tiger and Dragon become a legend...

Well I do remember someone said there were no enough kisses. Here you go...First one was a quick and gental trial, then again and again, longer and longer...But nothing more happened(if you guys read the 10th book, or something "happened" in your mind).

Anyway, from that night Taiga learned to face her own weakness, and left Ryuuji to fight alone. The importance of this action was that we got a very funny photo(bet someone's going to use that face as a avatar), and a new suit on Taiga(black seifuku looks out of fashion, but classical).

So...the end is a little plain, but no harmness to the whole series. This is still an excellent one I have ever watched in 2009. The reason is simple: I really miss it, and miss them.
Old 2009-03-25, 23:28   Link #110
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

Quote:

you got rep points from me. nice job
Old 2009-03-25, 23:33   Link #111
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

omg altho its only the raw I saw, I feel alot sadder that its come to an end than I did with Clannad and that really hit home.
Altho Clannad had its moments, don't know why but Toradora has had the bigger impact on me overall.

Its a brilliant end to a brilliant series, this def goes into my top 5 anime list.

can't wait for subs...but surprisely I managed to get the gists of most parts, I guess after watching enough anime you pick up words and just put 2 and 2 together

.....I..I..I..I..INKO-CHAN!!!

p.s lol at Ya-chan, shes getting a telling off from her father yet goes for a bickie! FEAR THE POWER OF THE BICKIE!
Old 2009-03-25, 23:45   Link #112
Ryuou
進む道は武士道のみ

Location: Dying to get back to Japan (but currently near Chicago)
Haha, man, I really liked that Toradora! AS video Peanutbutter003. Although you shouldn't have put Ryuji in the naming sequence, it was great, haha.

What is a Bickie????? ????? Osenbei?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kijuto View Post
It is true that changing the time makes it seem more dramatic on her return, but changing from the novel sometimes is unnecessary, not like it ruined it though. Still 10/10.
How dramatic would depend on each person but I think that's the reason behind them changing it.

Quote:
Voilą! (Source, except for green text which is my own insertion: http://blog.livedoor.jp/inthedark/ar.../51884143.html)

竜児へ

竜児、私ね… ずっとずっと自分なんかが
誰かに愛されるはずがないって思ってた。
でもそれは逃げてただけなのかも知れない。
自信がもてないのを親のせいに… 周りのせいにして…
でも、竜児は私をそのまま愛してくれた…。
[ だからこそ、私はもう逃げない。私は変わる、全てを受け入れて。]
自分に誇りをもって…
竜児を愛したいから。
― 逢坂 大河.

[Edit] There! I inserted what Taiga said that wasn't in the pictured letter. No mistakes, I hope?

My best effort at translating: "I always always thought to myself, somehow [something about loving someone, followed by a bunch of hiragana which I can't make sense of. Skip the next two lines for the same reason... I can only tell you, based on the kanji, that it's something about running, knowing, self-confidence and people around her T_T]. However, Ryuuji came to love me as I am [or "just like this"?]. Thus, I will no longer run away. I will change and accept everything. Maintaining my pride... since I [want to?] love Ryuuji."

Now, a decent translation please! Still waiting... come on, now!
Man, so impatient there. There may be some mistakes with that as the person from the blog said "というわけで誤記のような気がします。さすがドジタイガーw". That little bit at the end is funny. ("sasuga doji Taiga") But so yeah, it's basically what's she was saying like some of you said. But on to translations...

To Ryuji

Ryuji, I... always, always thought that there was no way someone like me would be loved by someone.
But that might have just been me running away.
I made it my parents fault that I couldn’t believe in myself …everyone around me’s fault…
But, Ryuji, you loved me just as I was…
[That’s why I won’t run away anymore. I’ll change. I’ll take everything in.]
I’ll be proud of myself…
Because I want to love you Ryuji.
- Aisaka Taiga.

Last edited by Ryuou; 2009-03-26 at 00:11.
Old 2009-03-25, 23:53   Link #113
AnimeFullForce
*Artist

its finally over .......
wait theres still the subs.
and hopefully theres a 2nd season or something
Old 2009-03-25, 23:55   Link #114
Yukinokesshou
ドジ

Quote:
Whoa, that was your video?? I've watched that one before but I didn't know you were the creator. I'm impressed ^^

Also, did anyone notice the BGM when Ryuuji returns to school and Yuri-chan announces that Taiga has left? Doesn't it remind you of the JR station tunes in Tokyo?
Old 2009-03-25, 23:57   Link #115
AnimeFullForce
*Artist

Quote:

that was awesome
Old 2009-03-26, 00:07   Link #116
Peanutbutter

Quote:
Whoa, that was your video?? I've watched that one before but I didn't know you were the creator. I'm impressed ^^
I didn't make that video. I just found it on nicovideo and simply reupload it on Youtube, that's all.
Old 2009-03-26, 00:10   Link #117
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
There will be no second season. Novel series ended this spring and anime covered all of them. Sure they skipped quite some stuff, but not enough to make a full second season. Maybe an OVA or something like that.
Old 2009-03-26, 00:14   Link #118
Keio
Serious Business

Quote:

Cookies and reputation for you.
Old 2009-03-26, 00:14   Link #119
Ryuou
進む道は武士道のみ

Location: Dying to get back to Japan (but currently near Chicago)
Quote:
I didn't make that video. I just found it on nicovideo and simply reupload it on Youtube, that's all.
Hmmm....my freshly baked cookie...

Oh well, nice find then.
Old 2009-03-26, 00:16   Link #120
Yukinokesshou
ドジ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
There will be no second season. Novel series ended this spring and anime covered all of them. Sure they skipped quite some stuff, but not enough to make a full second season. Maybe an OVA or something like that.
An OVA will be enough to make me happy, as long as it's about Ryuuji and Taiga - or at least covers their story in passing - and set after their reunion. Basically, anything to reassure us that they actually are together again (as opposed to their "reunion" being just a one-time thing)... even if it's just one character remarking to another that Ryuuji and Taiga are formally engaged or something of that sort.
Closed Thread