AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-10, 07:13   Link #21
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
^ Yep I agree

I've always been interested in that. Think we'll find out more about it in the New World.
Old 2009-06-10, 07:23   Link #22
SMASHERJACKSON

yup id like to know more about DF's in general

i think the way haki overcomes logias is that it stuns the logia user in2 not using his ability correclty but doesnt actualy cancel out the logia fruits power itself like bb does
Old 2009-06-10, 08:43   Link #23
syler321

zoro story is defintly much more intresting then all the others,but hey depends whou like more from the straw hats.

and yeh the old era was simply a non DF users era,till buggy and blackbeard did there thing to gain the power of the DF,but theres probably others who found the Df powers before,i mean they never sais when the admirals took the DF power or how.

but dont forget just cos some ppl dont use Df dosent mean the yr weak,i would love to see mihawk in action soon,i think he is one of the strongest non Df users in the OP world,sure theres whitebeard and shanks and kaidou and the 4th kind,but dont forget whitebeard is not as strong as he used to be and so does shanks,and we dont know what power kaidou uses just know that he bear moria and his crew in the new world.
Old 2009-06-10, 09:04   Link #24
syler321

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMASHERJACKSON View Post
yup id like to know more about DF's in general

i think the way haki overcomes logias is that it stuns the logia user in2 not using his ability correclty but doesnt actualy cancel out the logia fruits power itself like bb does
BB Df ability is one of a kind,Df users logia or not BB can still control there power,haki users on the other hand can probably beat BB since he cant control there haki,is he?

haki as the ambition so dont think he does...

and theres also diffrent types of haki,like mihawk haki is very diffrent from rayligh haki...
Old 2009-06-10, 10:12   Link #25
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Doru doru weaponry. Luffy will never forget this kindness and the enjoyment he gets for being given a unique artistic piece of warrior clothing. I will not blame him if he decides to try to keep Mr. 3 for such purposes. I indeed believe he will try but Mr. 3 will refuse, at the end.

I am starting to wonder, if all the others will be gathered by the Revolutionaries too. If Kuma is also part of the revolutionaries (since he knows Dragon, that may indeed be the case), then there is nothing wrong with him letting Dragon know about Luffy's friends, and where they disappeared too. Of course, the opposite may also be true. Dragon asking Kuma to setup secure transport points that he can use.

Anyway, I think at this point, it is clear Luffy will take care of Magellan, not in a traditional way, rather in a way that he used to beat Odz. Doesn't matter at this point. Now, I wonder how Iva and Inazuma will be saved. Will they appear healed after Luffy beats Magellan, or will they continue to suffer for some additional period?

It is also good to see that Crocodile and Mr. 1 continues to help, even after they leave the scene. Not try to disappear together. For them to continue the process, even after Iva goes down is a nice play. But maybe I am too early to make that assessment. They need to first get the ship before making that decision.

Also too bad for Buggy. His intentions are different, since he must be assuming he will escape the marines for good, but, to learn that he will also need to go help Luffy in his quest to save Ace... Learning that would be a scary funny scene for him and us. I am already imagining Buggy and Mr. 3 hugging each other with tears of scare rather than tears of joy....
Old 2009-06-10, 17:06   Link #26
Azncoke123

Quote:
Originally Posted by syler321 View Post
BB Df ability is one of a kind,Df users logia or not BB can still control there power,haki users on the other hand can probably beat BB since he cant control there haki,is he?

and theres also diffrent types of haki,like mihawk haki is very diffrent from rayligh haki...
We don't even know how many specific types of Haki there is, and we don't even know if Haki will be that much of a powerup. All we saw was it knocks out cannon fodders and allows you to hit Logia Users and makes your attacks stronger.

Haki reminds me of kai or whatever in Hunter X Hunter, different haki might be able to do different stuff
Old 2009-06-10, 17:36   Link #27
SMASHERJACKSON

Quote:
Originally Posted by syler321 View Post

im not sure what youre saying in your post, i was just saying that haki overcomes the user not the power, if the user is strong enough to withstand the haki he can use his logia but if he cant handle it he wont be able to - and yes i do think power from DF and ability of an individual to harness it are seperate, as seen from 4th commander of WB pirates and BB - do u think the 4th commander in BB's position could have killed BB? i think not
Old 2009-06-10, 17:52   Link #28
freedom
gomu gomu no baka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-Haired_Shanks View Post
I'm more interested in Zoro's ministory than any of them.

But one thing I notice is that there were no DF users in Gold Rogers Era either...
That's the difference between Gol D. Roger's Era and Monkey D. Luffy's Era.

All of the people we know from Gold Rogers time aren't even DF users..
Garp, Whitebeard, Shanks, Dark King Rayleigh, (maybe) Sengoku and (possibly Shiryuu)...
When Buggy ate the fruit, people on the crew had never seen it in action before..
They were watching Buggy eat the fruit the whole time to see if you really gain powers from it...
Because then it was still only a legend...
I'm back from the dead and posting again

While I completely agree with your statement, I see it just a bit differently. For example, I'm sure Aokiji was involved in the old era and he definitely had his fruit powers back then. But you're definitely right. I always look at it as the old generation relied on physical strength and perhaps even "ambition", while the newer generation is into the fancier "Devil's Fruit" powers.

I'm expecting Magellan and Luffy to face off for a bit before we get our switch to outside with Jinbei, Croc, and Buggy. I've been waiting for Mr. 3 and Luffy to team up this whole time, and finally it's happening. 'Twill be awesome!
Old 2009-06-10, 17:55   Link #29
marvelB

Anyone who views Haki as being some contrived plot device still has no decent grasp of the concept yet. It's literally something that's been around for the course of the entire series. I could go on a long explanation about the subtle hints Oda gave us about it prior to Shanks' meeting with Whitebeard, but I think it's a better idea to link to this thread instead. I think you'll find it to be an interesting read.

Anyways, going back to the chapter, it looks like Jinbei accidentally destroyed the battleship that the Buggy/Croc/Daz trio landed on with a Merman Karate technique caled "Yarinami" (wave spear?). Heh, and to think that I said in the last chapter thread that Jinbei was probably more than capable of wiping out an entire Buster Call on his own......

As far as the Magellan rematch goes, from what I can make out from the script, Luffy landed a good hit on the poison man with Gomu Gomu no Champion Rifle (that's one badass technique name right there! ). But as I said before, I don't expect the wax armor to last long..... Magellan will most likely wise up to Luffy's trick and destroy the armor somehow (and probably take out Mr. 3 too, for good measure), which will leave Luffy to find another method to finish him off.....
Old 2009-06-10, 18:49   Link #30
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Note that, wax clothing is a perfect opportunity for Luffy to test his haki skills. I am actually hoping for that to happen. We have yet to see some real haki from Luffy, if you don't count the one that is leaking from him as detected by Blackbeard (which may actually explain why sometimes his attacks work better than the first time he uses them).

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Anyone who views Haki as being some contrived plot device still has no decent grasp of the concept yet. It's literally something that's been around for the course of the entire series. I could go on a long explanation about the subtle hints Oda gave us about it prior to Shanks' meeting with Whitebeard, but I think it's a better idea to link to this thread instead. I think you'll find it to be an interesting read.
I am guessing, the fear Shanks forced on that creature who took his arm should be the earliest example of haki in the series.
Old 2009-06-10, 18:55   Link #31
Rainbowman

Quote:
Anyways, going back to the chapter, it looks like Jinbei accidentally destroyed the battleship that the Buggy/Croc/Daz trio landed on with a Merman Karate technique caled "Yarinami" (wave spear?). Heh, and to think that I said in the last chapter thread that Jinbei was probably more than capable of wiping out an entire Buster Call on his own......
Perhaps Jinbei destroyed that ship on purpose because he thinks that Buggy, Crocodile, and Daz Bones would be leaving on their own accord with a chance of going against Whitebeard afterwards.

Quote:
As far as the Magellan rematch goes, from what I can make out from the script, Luffy landed a good hit on the poison man with Gomu Gomu no Champion Rifle (that's one badass technique name right there! ). But as I said before, I don't expect the wax armor to last long..... Magellan will most likely wise up to Luffy's trick and destroy the armor somehow (and probably take out Mr. 3 too, for good measure), which will leave Luffy to find another method to finish him off.....
Somehow Luffy's tendency for finding armor to protect him from certain characters seem to be a running gag. i.e.: Crocodile, Eneru, and now Magellan. Funny how often these situations happen.

Mini-story review: Robin saved by the revolutionaries? That's quite a shock. I wonder if Monkey D. Dragon is involved?
Old 2009-06-10, 18:56   Link #32
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Yep.

I've no idea if Oda planned to use Haki as a named concept within the story itself right from the start... but the series certainly is better understood if you know about Haki.

For example, all the way back in chapter 2... Coby has been cowering before Alvida for two years, yet it only takes a few minutes after meeting Luffy before he decides to stand up to her. You could say that Luffy's unrefined Haoushoku Haki was enough to inspire Coby. In a more conventional Western sense you would say that Luffy has a certain kind of charisma.

Quote:
If you go by the images to date, it's pretty clear he didn't destroy the ship. Possibly rendered it useless at worst, but it's far from destroyed...
Old 2009-06-10, 18:58   Link #33
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
Mini-story review: Robin saved by the revolutionaries? That's quite a shock. I wonder if Monkey D. Dragon is involved?
At Arlong Park forums they made that connection. The guy who was shown with Dragon before (I am guessing the time they were talking about Luffy and his bounty) was the same guy who saved Robin. So, if that guy is a high-seated person, that may mean that Dragon himself may also be on the move (like appearing during Ace's execution).
Old 2009-06-10, 19:14   Link #34
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata View Post
If you go by the images to date, it's pretty clear he didn't destroy the ship. Possibly rendered it useless at worst, but it's far from destroyed...

Er.... yeah, that's kinda what I meant (guess I misphrased that detail a bit). Either way, Jinbei messed up that ship pretty good. I can't wait to see him unleash more of his wrath on the marines now that he's in his element.....

Also, something just occurred to me: Since Buggy's part of the ship-hijacking team, this would make for a great opportunity for him to create more of those town-levelling cannonballs of his to use against the marines. We can learn once and for all whether or not he actually infuses those cannonballs with Haki.....
Old 2009-06-10, 19:37   Link #35
Red-Haired_Shanks

The thing I loved so much about Haki..
Is that it gives birth to the "Classical Pirate"....
Which is why Shanks, Mihawk, Whitebeard, and Zoro FUCKIN KICKS ASS...
Luffy too.. even tho he's a DF user.
It would be stupid if every pirate had DF powers...
And what does Oda use to balance it???
Nothing... Just a Strong Will/Spirit/Ambition... No fancy retarded shit...
Like Bleach and Naruto and some other mangas out there i cant think off...
Where they get these Power-ups and they start glowing and energy start bursting everywhere (BLEACH)...
You Cant even see Haki...
Which brings me to another point thats badass...
Is that, as we have seen, even DF users can have Haki
AND OMFG I CANT WAIT TO SEE DRAGON..
I dont how the Government gonna handle Whitebeard and Dragon (and possibly Shanks... and who knows if Rayleigh shows up)... So many big names and strong people at one time....
Dragon - The Worlds Most Wanted.... Whitebeard - The Worlds Strongest Man... Dark King Rayleigh - The Right Hand of the Pirate King... Shanks - One of the Yonkou... and who knows what happen between Shanks and the other YOnkou
Old 2009-06-10, 20:44   Link #36
syler321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-Haired_Shanks View Post
and who knows what happen between Shanks and the other YOnkou
yeh would be cool if oda will make an episode where he shows what happend between shanks and kaidou,like he showed the meeting between WB and shanks,that was a really good episode.
Old 2009-06-10, 22:32   Link #37
wakuka
Lil' meanie

any news or signs of life on the status of kuro-hige and his crew?... guess they did get pretty damn pwned by magellan
Old 2009-06-10, 23:11   Link #38
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Intimidation isn't the same as Haki.

Thats why what CA says in the thread is wrong.

If a gangster came up to me threatening to beat me up, would i faint? I think not. No I might get scared, I might run away or I might decide to stand up to the guy and fight, but I wouldn't faint.

More importantly, you can't imbue 'intimidation' or 'ambition' on a weapon can you? You can't because they are abstract concepts. Haki is just a plot device. I don't understand why you people keep trying to rationalize it or connect it with some real life concept.

C.As post is PURE speculation. I wish people would stop treating it like it was fact.

THanks.
Old 2009-06-10, 23:21   Link #39
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
At Arlong Park forums they made that connection. The guy who was shown with Dragon before (I am guessing the time they were talking about Luffy and his bounty) was the same guy who saved Robin. So, if that guy is a high-seated person, that may mean that Dragon himself may also be on the move (like appearing during Ace's execution).
Well since that's settled, I wonder which of the Strawhat crew is next.
Old 2009-06-10, 23:44   Link #40
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
You know it ain't Zoro, Oda don't like action characters.^^^
Closed Thread