AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-12-23, 05:39   Link #1021
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Winterday is funny. I really like what they've done with it.
I've had a blast with all the Wintersday activities The achievements for it are pretty easy to get, and now that they've changed Toypocalypse, it's even easier. My only gripe is about those 200 extra cogs But I've got my three crafted toy minis and my winter timber staff (I love the animation for these skins). I'm reminded of all the love that goes into this game every time one of these events occurs.

Lately I've been spending all my time in the Fractals, though since I just started I'm still pretty low. The levels have been really fun to play with my elementalist ^_^

Co-host of Kaiseki Anime Podcast
Find us on Apple Podcasts and Google Play

AniList

Sig: HSxHoneycomb
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-23, 05:45   Link #1022
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I end up selling the holiday stuff I find on the AH. People pay a silly amount of gold for them for some reason.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-23, 13:04   Link #1023
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I end up selling the holiday stuff I find on the AH. People pay a silly amount of gold for them for some reason.
The Halloween re-skins were nice. I'd rather swallow someone else's farts than use the Winterfest ones.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-23, 14:47   Link #1024
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

That chainsaw skin was something all my guildies were going for
Old 2012-12-23, 22:40   Link #1025
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Man, why is the black lion trading house so far away from any waypoints in Lion's arch? It's annoying to pick up my stuff there.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 11:20   Link #1026
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Man, why is the black lion trading house so far away from any waypoints in Lion's arch? It's annoying to pick up my stuff there.
There's a Waypoint right outside the Divinity's Reach trade house.
Also, cake.
Old 2012-12-25, 02:18   Link #1027
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Yea, I often have to end up using that one but that takes a bit more time to shift around. It's free to go to lion's arch after all.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-12-25, 12:52   Link #1028
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well getting this for Christmas gives a good reason to get into it. Will try to go slow though so I don't suffer a burnout like I did with WoW a while back .
Old 2012-12-25, 21:28   Link #1029
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Whoa dyes sell for hella. I have about 1.9 gold waiting for me in the TP and I only have 1.5 gold on hand.

Also the necro's death shroud abilities need to stop targeting neutral things.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-12-25, 23:15   Link #1030
Xacual

Quote:
Whoa dyes sell for hella. I have about 1.9 gold waiting for me in the TP and I only have 1.5 gold on hand.

Certain rare dyes sell for hella

Most are barely worth anything. I think I only have about 25g between my level 40 and my level 80, most of my money was made at 80 from exploring Orr though.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-26, 21:35   Link #1031
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Quote:

I'm saving up for the Abyss dye 18g.
Old 2012-12-26, 22:45   Link #1032
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
I'm saving up for the Abyss dye 18g.
lol I thought I would treat myself to some nice dyes this christmas but when I looked up the TP, I just laughed and closed the window
Old 2012-12-26, 23:07   Link #1033
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
lol I thought I would treat myself to some nice dyes this christmas but when I looked up the TP, I just laughed and closed the window
I just occasionally buy the unidentified ones off the TP, like 3 or 4 and see what I get. I noticed that I got way more dyes when i was leveling than I have since I hit 80.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2012-12-27, 11:48   Link #1034
King Lycan
*IT Support

Quote:
Some dyes are priced at 2x the amount I have

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
I just occasionally buy the unidentified ones off the TP, like 3 or 4 and see what I get. I noticed that I got way more dyes when i was leveling than I have since I hit 80.
I think you are right I don't think I've gotten more than 2 unidentified dye's since turning 80 and its been 2 months I had at least 2 every 4-5 level-ups.
Old 2012-12-28, 22:20   Link #1035
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
Some dyes are priced at 2x the amount I have

I think you are right I don't think I've gotten more than 2 unidentified dye's since turning 80 and its been 2 months I had at least 2 every 4-5 level-ups.
That's rng for you. My warrior had some 40+ dyes by the time she reached 80. For comparison, my thief made it to level 80 with less than 10 (plus the starter dyes of course).

I'm currently leveling an Elementalist, and she's level 60 atm, and I kid you not, she's had 2 dye drops so far. My other alt I'm spreading my play time with is only level 25 and has over 20.

Rng rocks. I just wish dyes were account, rather than character, bound.
Also, cake.
Old 2012-12-28, 23:26   Link #1036
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
That's rng for you. My warrior had some 40+ dyes by the time she reached 80. For comparison, my thief made it to level 80 with less than 10 (plus the starter dyes of course).

I'm currently leveling an Elementalist, and she's level 60 atm, and I kid you not, she's had 2 dye drops so far. My other alt I'm spreading my play time with is only level 25 and has over 20.

Rng rocks. I just wish dyes were account, rather than character, bound.
That's true, I wish unlocked dyes would be for the account. I've been having so much fun on my thief that I regret giving all the dyes over to my 80 mesmer. Well not like I had any rare ones or anything.

Old 2012-12-30, 13:53   Link #1037
King Lycan
*IT Support

I still only have one character which is my Necro I'm really thinking about making a Ranger or Guardian. I want to get the Arah dungeon armor I just got my CoF armor, make an Legendary weapon(don't know which one yet) before doing so though.
Old 2013-01-04, 01:24   Link #1038
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Just been reading about the snowflake exploit and I'm wondering what gamers thoughts are on this from here.

See, I read comments like "It's in the game so it's the dev's fault" tbh just make me faceplam.
Yes ok I know better than to expect gamers to being upstanding folk but they gotta know better than that.
When something like this happens you gotta realize it's not part of the game and something is wrong, so reporting it is something you do.
Not exploit it and get banned and then cry about it.
And yes I am one person that doesn't exploit these things, never have and never will, only way I would is if it was by accident in which I would report it.
I prefer my hard graft to such things.
I also know it's just a matter of "people never learn".
Personally I'm glad that Anet are strict with this stuff.

BTW the Hidden Garden Jumping quest is great stuff, seriously love the JP in this game, some can be amazing others rather annoying(coddler's cove) but thats expetced.
What is everyone's favorite and worse JP?
Old 2013-01-04, 02:50   Link #1039
Xacual

Quote:
Just been reading about the snowflake exploit and I'm wondering what gamers thoughts are on this from here.

See, I read comments like "It's in the game so it's the dev's fault" tbh just make me faceplam.
Yes ok I know better than to expect gamers to being upstanding folk but they gotta know better than that.
When something like this happens you gotta realize it's not part of the game and something is wrong, so reporting it is something you do.
Not exploit it and get banned and then cry about it.
And yes I am one person that doesn't exploit these things, never have and never will, only way I would is if it was by accident in which I would report it.
I prefer my hard graft to such things.
I also know it's just a matter of "people never learn".
Personally I'm glad that Anet are strict with this stuff.

BTW the Hidden Garden Jumping quest is great stuff, seriously love the JP in this game, some can be amazing others rather annoying(coddler's cove) but thats expetced.
What is everyone's favorite and worse JP?
I've done all but a few now and the worse one by far is Griffonrook if you're trying to make the bomb run. Those damn griffons are buggy as hell and sometimes they'll hit you instantly as soon as you're within range while other times they'll do the animation letting you dodge.

Favorite one is kind of a hard one to say, maybe Skipping Stones? Either that or maybe the Pirate one in Lion's Arch. There's so many good ones. I didn't think Coddler's Cove was that bad I did it first try, but then again I was warned that if your graphics settings aren't at at least medium some of the orbs aren't visible. Tried it out too and saw at least a quarter of them vanish when I swapped back to low settings.

Old 2013-01-04, 07:59   Link #1040
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
I've done all but a few now and the worse one by far is Griffonrook if you're trying to make the bomb run. Those damn griffons are buggy as hell and sometimes they'll hit you instantly as soon as you're within range while other times they'll do the animation letting you dodge.

Favorite one is kind of a hard one to say, maybe Skipping Stones? Either that or maybe the Pirate one in Lion's Arch. There's so many good ones. I didn't think Coddler's Cove was that bad I did it first try, but then again I was warned that if your graphics settings aren't at at least medium some of the orbs aren't visible. Tried it out too and saw at least a quarter of them vanish when I swapped back to low settings.
Ahh yea Griffonrook bomb run is nightmare, think I gave up after my 2nd run as I knew it wasn't gonna be able to make it.

Skipping Stones I haven't completed yet gave up on that after a while I got pretty far on the last run then fell and decided to leave it for another day.

Another good one I quite liked is Goemm's Lab, that one is good stuff but I did get stuck at the last station and had to use a guide to find my way.
I did initially tink it was gonna be a annoying but it wasn't.