AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Notices

View Poll Results: Haruka or Mitsuki?
Haruka, and respondent is male 259 45.52%
Haruka, and respondent is female 54 9.49%
Mitsuki, and respondent is male 216 37.96%
Mitsuki, and respondent is female 40 7.03%
Voters: 569. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-08-01, 07:33   Link #401
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

The threads of fate are spun in mysterious ways. Still, it's Bakayuki's fault.
Old 2009-08-01, 07:37   Link #402
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

What if it was Haruka's fault, for liking the boy Mitsuki liked first?

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 08:04   Link #403
CC
♥ 無情この世はすべて
*Fansubber

Oops, turned it into a fault-debate.

CC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 08:17   Link #404
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Yeah...if somone says it's Mitsuki's fault then I say it's Haruka's too. Because I think both were innocent. Haruka was in coma and drove Takayuki near to the succide while grieved anyone. But it wasn't her fault for being in coma. If Mitsuki didn't "steal" Takayuki then he probably commits sucide or the very least breaks down mentally. And her sleeping with Shinji? Try being in her situation. She sacraficed everything for a boy's sake then she was "dumped" by him. She think she has nothing left in the world. It was a momentaly downhill. And Mitsuki's "bitchiness" towards Haruka? Well, Takayuki acted suspicious and she feared their relationship. And her comment about about not being Haruka's friend anyomore was more like a determination. She did an inexcusable deed and with that she isn't qualified to be called Haruka's friend.
And back to the jaelusy thing: haruka acted "bitchy" too after they revealed the truth for her. Despite she was only the gf of Takayuki for a month and she didn't sacraficed anything.

In the end it was a correct thing from Takayuki to choose Mitsuki (amongst many other things) because she suffered all alone, while Haruka has an army of supporters to help her.
If Haruka didn't choose to realese Takayuki I would've hated her. But with that she showed she realised the things I stated above and decided to move on.
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 09:08   Link #405
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC View Post
Oops, turned it into a fault-debate.
Hey, you started it.

But this is exactly the kind of discussion I despise most, really. Sorry for fueling the argument...

Old 2009-08-01, 12:09   Link #406
velvet nightmare

it all boils down to 2 girls who are best friends liking the same boy. one of them has to suffer no matter what, but in this case both of them ended up suffering because of the indecisiveness of the boy.

if you can all remember in ep 1 or 2 cant remember which one, takayaki thought that it was mitsuki who was going to confess to him. he ended up just going along with haruka for the sake of it and you could tell because of his lack of care of showing up on time

though we know for a fact that it was haruka who liked takayaki first it was just pure fate/chance that mitsuki ended up liking him as well and imo she did the right thing and held out for as long as she could. but she ended up moving on and chose to start something with takayaki, who we find out in the last episode or so, couldnt move on until haruka said it was ok, but this allowed for pain for all 3. if takayaki right then and there at the start said, ok i'm going with you mitsuki, then by all means, they both have every right to move on, no harm no foul. sure it sucks that haruka is in the coma, but hey, life isn't fair and innocent people get hurt all the time, and imo the happiness of 2 and the suffering of 1 outweighs the suffering of all 3.
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 21:05   Link #407
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Who really knows what the right thing to do is...really. One thing about Mitsuki is that I believe she should have been more honest about her feelings for Takayuki with Haruka. All of what had transpired could have really been avoided by Mitsuki being more honest with her feelings (Now please don't look at this as me pointing my finger at Mitsuki and blaming her for everything because that is not my intention, I don't blame her for the accident, that's just something that happened in which no one can avoid.) I'm sure a lot of people admire others who sacrifice themselves for their friends but there is a limit, especially when love comes into play. Mitsuki had legitimate reasons to like Takayuki and I'm sure Haruka would have understood her situation considering she liked him as well.

Haruka is not very confident so she asks her friend if she could set it up so she could confess and Haruka actually brought up some courage to do it. Although Takayuki didn't initially have romantic feelings towards Haruka (or rather didn't really know Haruka at all,) that doesn't mean one can't begin to have feelings for that person after spending time together. I don't believe that there is a time limit to falling in love, it just happens (especially when you're as young as Takayuki.)

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 22:45   Link #408
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

It was a sense of guilt that he kept clinging to Haruka and he loved Mitsuki all along, at least in the anime not the OVA...it's just hard to decide, I really liked Mitsuki in the anime, she seemed mature(most of the time) and really did everything for Takayuki but I also really liked Haruka in the OVA, I guess maybe because we get to see her more or just maybe we get to see her 3 years later...when she matured and doesn't act alot like she used too(also the long hair is sexy ^^), if he wanted both I guess he could have gone for Akane, since if you merge Mitsuki and Haruka you will get an Akane.
Zwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 23:10   Link #409
DeX-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleri View Post
It was a sense of guilt that he kept clinging to Haruka and he loved Mitsuki all along, at least in the anime not the OVA...it's just hard to decide, I really liked Mitsuki in the anime, she seemed mature(most of the time) and really did everything for Takayuki but I also really liked Haruka in the OVA, I guess maybe because we get to see her more or just maybe we get to see her 3 years later...when she matured and doesn't act alot like she used too(also the long hair is sexy ^^), if he wanted both I guess he could have gone for Akane, since if you merge Mitsuki and Haruka you will get an Akane.
Can you really say this with a certainty? I'm not saying that it isn't the case, but how much do we really know of what was going on inside Takayuki during the month he got to know her. It seemed like their relationship was going very well until the accident ruined everything. Even when Takayuki was going to be late when meeting up with Haruka on the day of the accident, he didn't really seem interested in Mitsuki like he was at first before he began dating Haruka.

I'm pretty sure that Takayuki would have definitely picked Mitsuki had both Haruka and Mitsuki confessed their love in the beginning, but the relationship between Haruka and Takayuki had progressed pretty well from what I saw. I agree that Takayuki did feel guilty about the accident but it's not like his feelings were completely oblivious to that matter either.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"

Last edited by DeX-kun; 2009-08-02 at 00:13.
Old 2009-08-02, 00:30   Link #410
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Somehow I have the opposite opinion about it. He was interested in Mitsuki even then. That's why Takayuki didn't refused her wish about a present. Perhaps Takayuki and Haruka's relationship started to progress well, but Takayuki still had some difficulties to love her. Otherwise he would've hurried to Haruka. It's bad thing to make your gf wait. And he made Haruka wait everytime he had a chance being with Mitsuki.

In my book it's translated to that if Mitsuki confesses him even after a month or two(maybe even later). Takayuki would've accepted it.Perhaps Mitsuki was more worried about Haruka's happiness than hers. Probably she would've stayed silent forever about her feeling in normal circumstances.
Perhaps it probably differs in the Haruka ending, but there's still a chance he loved Mitsuki more than Haruka before the accident.Not to mention I think it still a relatively bad end. Leaving Mitsuki's sacraficies unrewardedis a bad thing.At least she found a dependable friend in the new town.If this show were School Days, then Mitsuki would've been pregnant and Takayuki recieve a "nice boat" in Haruka's ending.
Old 2009-08-02, 01:31   Link #411
velvet nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
Somehow I have the opposite opinion about it. He was interested in Mitsuki even then. That's why Takayuki didn't refused her wish about a present. Perhaps Takayuki and Haruka's relationship started to progress well, but Takayuki still had some difficulties to love her. Otherwise he would've hurried to Haruka. It's bad thing to make your gf wait. And he made Haruka wait everytime he had a chance being with Mitsuki.
you forgot that it was a birthday present. exceptions are always made for this kind of day. 5 minutes late vs. getting someone a birthday present of a good friend? you know you'd get the present too

Quote:
In my book it's translated to that if Mitsuki confesses him even after a month or two(maybe even later). Takayuki would've accepted it.Perhaps Mitsuki was more worried about Haruka's happiness than hers. Probably she would've stayed silent forever about her feeling in normal circumstances.
Perhaps it probably differs in the Haruka ending, but there's still a chance he loved Mitsuki more than Haruka before the accident.Not to mention I think it still a relatively bad end. Leaving Mitsuki's sacraficies unrewardedis a bad thing.At least she found a dependable friend in the new town.If this show were School Days, then Mitsuki would've been pregnant and Takayuki recieve a "nice boat" in Haruka's ending.

school days is kind of similar in this case, but if you want a better example, you can take a page out of toradora. it's just that mitsuki was being a good person holding back. the point is that she holds all the cards, and for her to betray her best friend right at the start, i dont think she could have done that too compounded by the fact that she's a swimmer and has some sort of sportsmanship way of thinking. i say this because if you look at akane, she was kind of like that too, she thought it was dishonorable for mitsuki to go behind her comatose sister's back but if you take a broader view, there's nothing wrong with that. let's say haruka stays in a coma for 40 years, i don't think we can really expect takayuki to stay single for that long.
Old 2009-08-02, 02:09   Link #412
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Well, Minorin's actions really frustrated me there.In contrast with KGNE I felt the Ryouji and Tasiga's pairing forced, despite the large amount of development. Or we can bring up To-Love-Ru too. Haruna's confession is something that could end the story very quickly(even if the results are now dubious). They're frustrating in that sense because they had eneroumous amount of chances to steal the boy. Maybe because it only lasted for 4 episodes, but I didn't find it frustrating with Mitsuki. She even kept her relationship with both and started to make faint moves on Takayuki. In that sense she's a bit similar to Sekai.
About the birthday present. Well, you're right. Takayuki's awfully nice.But I doubt it was just 5 minutes. It must've been a half hour. If you bring this up in that view, Takayuki's dangerously nice. He forgets his priorities every time. Then he really needs somone to direct him and remind his priorities.
Old 2009-08-02, 02:44   Link #413
DeX-kun

Quote:
You're presenting a very thin case here on your part. Tell me now, what "difficulties" are you referring to? According to what I saw, both Haruka and Takayuki were very reluctant at first solely because they were both very inexperienced when it came to relationships. It seems quite normal if you ask me. I hope you understand that it takes 2 to make a relationship, so if Haruka is the person that she is portrayed as, she wouldn't mind waiting a couple of minutes for him. Being understanding is also an important part of a relationship as well as communication in which like I pointed out, Mitsuki failed to do.

Quote:
Perhaps it probably differs in the Haruka ending, but there's still a chance he loved Mitsuki more than Haruka before the accident.Not to mention I think it still a relatively bad end. Leaving Mitsuki's sacraficies unrewardedis a bad thing.
Once again, that's a lot of assumptions. Aside from that, you've only strengthened what I've been saying. How do you presume so confidently that Takayuki would have still liked Mitsuki? People change all the time, people move on, this would only present Mitsuki with more issues than she already had. Mitsuki lacked communication with both her friends and waiting even longer would only make things worse. Forget about the OVA because that's just fan service, I'm speaking specifically about the TV series.

If the creators had shown me a Takayuki still looking at Mitsuki during the time he and Haruka were going out, then I would be inclined to think differently. What I did see is a very normal relationship growing between Takayuki and Haruka with only Mitsuki having stagnant feelings for Takayuki which she gave up on. Takayuki looked like he was enjoying his time with Haruka and it seemed like his feelings were growing for her, he didn't seem depressed at all about not being with Mitsuki, I don't even think he was giving it a thought.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-08-02, 03:10   Link #414
Alchemist007
*Author

He wasn't really aware of her feelings.
Old 2009-08-02, 03:57   Link #415
DeX-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
He wasn't really aware of her feelings.
And who's fault is that?

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-08-02, 11:52   Link #416
Alchemist007
*Author

It's not really anyone's fault. She didn't want to betray her friend so easily, and obviously guys are thick headed.
Old 2009-08-02, 12:51   Link #417
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Well, it was naturally his own fault.
As I said he tended to forget his priorities. Being indecisive is part of it.
Old 2009-08-02, 13:04   Link #418
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

I'd like to see most of the guys who call Takayuki indecisive feeling what he must have felt, after Haruka's accident. Then we'd talk about indecisiveness or the sheer weight of the trauma and the guilt (the self-imposed kind is the worst).

Old 2009-08-02, 13:13   Link #419
velvet nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
And who's fault is that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
It's not really anyone's fault. She didn't want to betray her friend so easily, and obviously guys are thick headed.

Quote:
Well, it was naturally his own fault.
As I said he tended to forget his priorities. Being indecisive is part of it.
not that i'm trying to contend that he isn't wrong but later on i think he is, but it's not that simple

up to that point mitsuki was consciously trying to hide her feelings for haruka's sake so up to the point where he first has sex with mitsuki, he has done nothing wrong (even inaction itself isn't wrong). we can't just say that he's hardheaded and expect him to know everyone's feelings. if i'm right about japanese culture, the confession is very important. without it, all bets are off the table and his slate is clean
Old 2009-08-02, 13:44   Link #420
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

That wasn't the topic...it was his confused feelings.
It's natural he didn't noticed Mitsuki's feelings. She did a good job hiding them. Perhaps if he were a more watchfull. But you have to be an expert to notice it.