AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2009-09-17, 20:56   Link #161
AnbuItachi

i think its just dark. whats the point of putting amaterasu on susanoo... besides isn't susanno supposed to be like a spirit kind of thing? can fire actually burn those?
AnbuItachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-17, 21:00   Link #162
Alchemist007
*Author

If it doesn't, its just not hot enough!
Old 2009-09-17, 21:05   Link #163
iBeast

lol i guess this is what madara means when he said sasuke eyes will surpass Itachi...

Susanoo next chapter can't wait
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-17, 22:35   Link #164
OctoberFlames

God damnit. So Itachi gave that technique to Sasuke too. I was looking forward to seeing that whiny faggot get killed.

Chapter Summary:

Gaara: You hate everything now? That's retarded.

Sasuke: NO ON CAN STOP ME BECUZ I AM TEH DARKNESS!!!11!1

Gaara: What?

Sasuke: I AM INVINCIBEL!!NO ON KAN DESTROY ME BECUS I AM DESTROY EVERYTHING!!!1!one

Last edited by OctoberFlames; 2009-09-17 at 22:45.
OctoberFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-17, 22:51   Link #165
Supermutant

I am indifferent to the chapter. I like the focus on action and Gaara's arrival; but I was off-put by Sasuke's endlessly escalating potential. In the previous chapter it seemed as if he was in the fight of his life already, having expended or tried some of his best techniques.

But in the opening of this chapter, Gaara seems to be intervening to save the Kage's bacon from Sasuke's flames. Then Sasuke blocks all those different attacks by crapping out demon power? I'm not a fan of those kinds of powers I guess.
Supermutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-17, 23:08   Link #166
OctoberFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermutant View Post
I am indifferent to the chapter. I like the focus on action and Gaara's arrival; but I was off-put by Sasuke's endlessly escalating potential. In the previous chapter it seemed as if he was in the fight of his life already, having expended or tried some of his best techniques.

But in the opening of this chapter, Gaara seems to be intervening to save the Kage's bacon from Sasuke's flames. Then Sasuke blocks all those different attacks by crapping out demon power? I'm not a fan of those kinds of powers I guess.
Those powers were cool on Itachi. They suck on Sasuke.
Old 2009-09-17, 23:18   Link #167
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberFlames View Post
Those powers were cool on Itachi. They suck on Sasuke.
Why would the techniques be okay when Itachi is using them, but not when Sasuke is using them?

I can understand just outright disliking everything to do with the MS, considering it too powerful etc, but deciding that it is okay for certain characters to use the skill set, but other characters cannot, seems a bit arbitrary...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-17, 23:18   Link #168
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Why would the techniques be okay when Itachi is using them, but not when Sasuke is using them?
Cause the Itachi fandom overrides the Saskue fandom...

Another great action packed Chapter!!
I like the way more and more people are getting involved in the battle..We Got Raikage's people and Garra's people taking on Saskue and co and at the same time Karin finally spotted Danzou and looks like things are gonna go down with the Kage meeting.

Kishimoto is kicking straight cheeks right now...
Go Kishimoto go Kishimoto GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-17, 23:23   Link #169
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenal View Post
Kishimoto is kicking straight cheeks right now...
Go Kishimoto go Kishimoto GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Wow is it just me, or does anyone else think that Phenomenal's fanboyism is reaching strange new levels...whatever you do Phenomenal, just don't start screaming "HARDER...HARDER", or else I might have to try and seek some counseling for you....
Old 2009-09-17, 23:24   Link #170
OctoberFlames

Quote:

I can understand just outright disliking everything to do with the MS, considering it too powerful etc, but deciding that it is okay for certain characters can use a skill set, but other characters cannot, seems a bit arbitrary...
It was acceptable in that fight, because pulling out a broken technique was fine as long as it was temporary (which it was, since Itachi died pretty quickly after that).

Now that it's made a standard technique, it's going to be annoying to see Sasuke godmoding his way through everything. Also, I don't like the fact that his power levels have risen so much in just one chapter. Partially because I dislike the character intensely.
Old 2009-09-17, 23:29   Link #171
james0246

^
Quote:
Partially because I dislike the character intensely.
Well at least you’re honest about it...

I don't necessarily disagree with what you are saying, but as a possible rejoinder, there has to be a reason that Itachi installed the Godmode Mirror and Invincible Sword to his version of Susano'o, and that reason could very well be a potential weakness in the Susano'o technique.

Whatever the case, while Sasuke may be able to go demi-godmode with the full use of his Susano'o (it was described as a "belligerent God" in the databooks), Kishimoto will find a way for Naruto to combat the technique. So instead of disliking the ride, you should enjoy the anticipation of Sasuke's eventual defeat .
Old 2009-09-17, 23:30   Link #172
noven

Send a message via AIM to noven
Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberFlames View Post
It was acceptable in that fight, because pulling out a broken technique was fine as long as it was temporary (which it was, since Itachi died pretty quickly after that).

Now that it's made a standard technique, it's going to be annoying to see Sasuke godmoding his way through everything. Also, I don't like the fact that his power levels have risen so much in just one chapter. Partially because I dislike the character intensely.
And there we have it.

Quote:
Whatever the case, while Sasuke may be able to go demi-godmode with the full use of his Susano'o (it was described as a "belligerent God" in the databooks), Kishimoto will find a way for Naruto to combat the technique. So instead of disliking the ride, you should enjoy the anticipation of Sasuke eventual defeat .
Naruto will win with the power of love, possibly some sort of love cannon or love knife.
Old 2009-09-17, 23:41   Link #173
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Probably Susanoo and Amaterasu will be Sasuke´s answer to anything for quite some time. And hopefully it will lead to following scenario:

Sasuke finally overpowering Naruto but breaking down just before launching his final attack because he has used his MS techniques too often (which appear to damage his body).

All while realising, that he had great potential but chose the wrong path.
Old 2009-09-17, 23:48   Link #174
ThoHell

Quote:

I can understand just outright disliking everything to do with the MS, considering it too powerful etc, but deciding that it is okay for certain characters to use the skill set, but other characters cannot, seems a bit arbitrary...
Maybe because he looks at it this way: that power came from Itachi not Sasuke. Could Sasuke have achieved such a power without Itachi? Hm....
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-17, 23:50   Link #175
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
Maybe because he looks at it this way: that power came from Itachi not Sasuke. Could Sasuke have achieved such a power without Itachi? Hm....
That means you dislike Kakashi as well, right?
Old 2009-09-17, 23:55   Link #176
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Just like how Harry Potter beat Voldemort, o sorry... You-Know-Who.

Seriously, either Kishimoto is trying very hard to think of ways to power sasuke up, or Sasuke has just been given cookies to join the dark side. The sage chakra technique that Naruto learnt which was able to beat Pain, someone who we thought Naruto has no chance of beating, there comes a power-up and boy, it really was a power-up. Now to balance it, we have Sasuke learning Itachi's sharingan techniques, and testing them on his opponent. Not that I hated it, I welcomed the upgrades, I just dont find it realistic to happen all in one chapter as well.

Come to think of it, despite being a natural fire-type justu user, we see him using more of lighting-based and genjutsus, especially the use of chidori, which I admit is very creative at times. But I would like to see more of Sasuke using other techniques that he has, not just genjutsus and MS techniques.

I also liked how Gaara sees himself in Sasuke at least tries to get him out of the dark side, but unfortunately (and fortunately for the plot...), it didnt work. Now I noe that he is able to manipulate sand to an extent ever since he lost the 1-tailed. But to be able to almost control sand like before is really impressive. The sure-kill ability of Amaterasu though seemed to be nerfed now. First the scroll, then the sharingan, now the sand.

EDIT: Could Sasuke have the ability in the end, yes. Could he have achieved it as fast as he has now? No.

EDIT 2: James, Yeah I noe that Itachi learnt all his MS techniques in one night, but he has a lot of targets to 'practise' on. The only reason why I suggested that Sasuke would not have learned the abilities so fast in the first place was because of the relative lack of experience. or in naruto-verse, battle experience, not because of time or whatsoever. Sasuke doesnt really get into battles that easily like Itachi before he left Konoha, but to master all these abilites in 2 battles in already impressive.

Last edited by Hell_ping; 2009-09-18 at 00:23.
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-18, 00:00   Link #177
AlphaDragoon
Flame of the Dragonslayer

Quote:
As for Gaara, he's crying because he was forced to realize that the fantasy world that Naruto lives in (where everything is hunky-dory all the time, and idealism is the only thing that matters, and people are resurrected for stupid reasons (Gaara included)), was impossible for Gaara to live in. In other words, Gaara was confronted between reality or idealism, and he choose reality.
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Because in Sasuke he sees what he used to be, someone whose existence was filled with nothing but hatred and rage. And whereas he was saved from this life by Naruto, his duty forces him to kill Sasuke when he wishes he could do otherwise.
Yes.

Anyway, good chapter. Gaara alone made it awesome, although I do have to take away points for Sasuke pulling yet another Bleach style instant just add water powerup mid-fight. Makes it look like instead of the intense life or death fight we were just seeing between him and Raikage he was simply sandbagging, again, like a Bleach character.
AlphaDragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-18, 00:01   Link #178
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
EDIT: Could Sasuke have the ability in the end, yes. Could he have achieved it as fast as he has now? No.
Itachi gained, learned, and mastered all the MS techniques in one night...I'm pretty sure we should be able to get past Sasuke gaining the techniques, learning about them over the course of several days and or weeks, and eventually mastering them afterwards...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDragoon View Post
No.

Yes.
Hunter says duty, I say reality, in the end both of our quotes represent the same thing: Gaara had to live up to his position of power and accept that since he cannot save Sasuke, he must stop Sasuke.
Old 2009-09-18, 00:10   Link #179
ThoHell

Quote:
That means you dislike Kakashi as well, right?
Man you just like to throw out argument just for the sake of posting don't you without anything behind your random remarks? Kakashi got an eye and he developed things with it. Sasuke was already given something developed to further developed upon it. You take that grain as you wish... I'm sure you'll reply within 30 seconds of this post.
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-18, 00:21   Link #180
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
Man you just like to throw out argument just for the sake of posting don't you without anything behind your random remarks? Kakashi got an eye and he developed things with it. Sasuke was already given something developed to further developed upon it. You take that grain as you wish... I'm sure you'll reply within 30 seconds of this post.
Your complaint (or the complaint you are saying that someone else may have) was that Sasuke power came from someone else (in this case Itachi), so my response, ("You must dislike Kakashi as well...") is more than appropriate for your complaint.

Nearly every character in the series, hell nearly all Shounen series, is "given" a power by someone else. Naruto would be nothing without the Kyuubi; Kakashi next to nothing without Obito's Sharingan; Sakura nothing without Tsunade's l33t skills; Gaara nothing without the Ichibi; Sasuke nothing without the CS/MS; et cetera, et cetera.

Complaining because a character is able to use abilities and techniques more efficiently due to the help (whether forced or consensual) of another character is a preposterous argument unless you are willing to argue the same thing for the majority of other characters (and until you do, your argument is merely a disguise for a personal dislike of a specific character).

Sasuke attained his MS upon realizing Itachi's sacrifice. Every technique we have seen him use so far is the same that Itachi used, but better (well only Amaterasu is confirmed as better, Susano'o will probably not be better and we are not sure if Sasuke has used Tsukuyomi yet).

edit: Sorry I was busy, so I did not meet your demand of 30 seconds...hopefully I will do better next time...