AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2004-09-28, 08:34   Link #1
Genius
BLUEH!

"oldschool" drawers

Where did all the good drawers go? you may call some of them "oldschool" drawers. and anime-otaku: youre not drawing anymore? :\ I think its really sad, since now (my opinion) there is like.. no good drawers left. Just tracers, and inexperienced drawers

wish you could come back.
Genius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-28, 09:10   Link #2
Radd
Just Married, Oct. 28th!

I really don't know how to take this.
Old 2004-09-28, 10:19   Link #3
Niti
Live wild and die young

Send a message via MSN to Niti
Yeah very big words you are saying there,, I don't know if I should take this as a (you hate my drawings) or a ( I am so dam good no wonder why all you pictures suck ,, I am the best hurray) , I mean there are lots of good drawers on the forums ,, Maybe it’s you that , has been away for to long ,,, just take a look around man,,, and what is a good drawer in your eyes,, everything people do is good,, something that you might hate , someone ells maybe loves.. So don’t go around and say stupid shit like that,, Yeah okay you miss the old school draws whoever they are,,, but don’t make everybody ells feel like crap.. You said yours and now I have said mine,,, see you around,,
Niti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-28, 10:30   Link #4
Shoeshefied

Send a message via AIM to Shoeshefied
I believe they all are taking those in between breaks like for every year they draw,and then stop and continue on to the next year/months.. ahy dunno..., kinda harsh when you said only tracers and inexperience... but i get what you mean,...sorta ^^;
Shoeshefied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-28, 10:33   Link #5
Necrodeath

I don't think anyone here is as good as the ultimate godlike uglypigs, but there are plenty of good drawings and drawers. (not me though )

Perhaps your standard is amazingly high? I'd like to see some of your drawings...

Damnit, this icecream I'm eating is tasting like crap....not literally, but it tastes bad
Necrodeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-28, 14:26   Link #6
Asura
should i stay longer?

Send a message via MSN to Asura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genius
Where did all the good drawers go? you may call some of them "oldschool" drawers. and anime-otaku: youre not drawing anymore? :\ I think its really sad, since now (my opinion) there is like.. no good drawers left. Just tracers, and inexperienced drawers

a genius indeed, unfortunately not in the public relation department..
gawd u really know how to make enemies... at least that's how that sound.

anyways, while some of us may be experiencing what's called artist block, some other are just bussy IRL (we got to make a living -be it by art or something else), and some other just plain taking a vacation from drawing (which can go from weeks to months to years) just as Shoeshefied mentioned.
Asura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-28, 14:29   Link #7
Raxial
CG / Color

Send a message via AIM to Raxial
well, we kinda got left behind, if you will. We're somewhat of a bootcamp. People are here up to a certain level and then are free to fly. Some people give up, others get good enough and pass on. Many stick around here to help the others, but not too many. So, what we really need here, i think, is a teacher. We need (well, maybe not NEED) someone really good here that knows what they're talking about and how to teach others what they know. Until then, we help each other, and the better, more experienced members help the new, less experienced members. If someone LIKE uglypigs were to come here, or come back, their expertise would be invaluable to all. That's why I believe it's good to get new artists here so we dont go stagnant, and we keep getting a refresher of opinion and criticism to help us.

Whether or not the artists here are up to the veteran's standards doesn't matter so much; we learn as we go and teach what we learn. But if someone with some great experience could share their knowledge, it'd be quite benficial. I think anyone who's seen ugly's work would appreciate him back, or calaveraspain (who still does stuff on dev art), or anime-otaku, or any number of people who seemed to have dispersed over time. Oh well, we'll get new people here, i mean, even uglypigs wasn't awesome at one point, so everyone here is on their way up (not down).
Raxial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-28, 14:42   Link #8
Sakura-chan
A complex "maybe"

Send a message via AIM to Sakura-chan Send a message via MSN to Sakura-chan
Quote:

Thank you, you just said that we all who still post our art suck. YAY for you!
Sakura-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-28, 14:59   Link #9
.gaara
i'm in love --- :O

haha~ funny guy

how do you define "good art"?
.gaara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-28, 15:22   Link #10
JERI

Not trying to escalate anything, but I'm really curious, Genious, about the people you regard as the good drawers.

Wanna post the names? Just wanna do a search on them.
JERI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-28, 18:24   Link #11
Innotech

I feel that I should respond here.
Truth be told, not everyone is expected to be an awesome artist right off hte bat. We all need practice, time, and encouragement to get better. I am right nowe posting some stuff after a summer break from posting stuff, and I havent really posted much, but you are free to browse thtrough my NON TRACED, NON COPIED ORIGINAL stuff if you'd like and see if it is up to your standard. Im still learning this stuff myself, but improving with every new sketch. I hope that you dont make fun of people who try their hardest but cannot yet draw to a high standard. Everyone was a beginner once.
Innotech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-28, 19:06   Link #12
sOnJoOL

Send a message via AIM to sOnJoOL Send a message via MSN to sOnJoOL
as Mr.Burns in simpsons said,
"you have made a powerful enemy today my friend"
sOnJoOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-28, 23:06   Link #13
bunnykun
What is, what is?

Buddy, for you to say that there aren't any good active artists in forums.animesuki.com is totally ludicrous, there are so many good and awesome artists here, in fact there are so much i can remember all from the top of my head. Why not look through this sub-forum before posting such ridiculous comments. From what I can tell by reading through the posts so far, i think you best apoligize or this thread will become nothing but a flame attack on you.
bunnykun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-28, 23:35   Link #14
anime-otaku
Lazy Guitarist

Send a message via AIM to anime-otaku Send a message via Yahoo to anime-otaku
As an artist you need to be able to take harsh critisism. Not everything in this world is sugarcoated, or nice and dandy like the anime world, if you don't like it stay out of the internet.

I have respect for the posters and artist alike that posted and replied to this thread. Genius, ss an individual, he's completely entitled to his own OPINION as he stated in his post. There's absolutely no need to flame, further more if you think yourself as a good artist you would be able to ignore his comment, and life goes on.

I don't support nor go against anyone's responses, just becuase "genius" commented on me being a "good oldschool drawer" doesn't mean its true, if anything I couldn't disagree more. There are plenty of talented artists around the farart section. But as the old saying goes "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder".
anime-otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-29, 00:28   Link #15
sOnJoOL

Send a message via AIM to sOnJoOL Send a message via MSN to sOnJoOL
most people draw as a hobbie, unless they do it professionally.
so i dont care about criticism, actually i like it, helps me get better.
but what i dont like is setting a divider on who is good or not and saying it out loud in public. if its criticism, bring it on.
sOnJoOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-29, 00:53   Link #16
Asura
should i stay longer?

Send a message via MSN to Asura
AO, nice comment..true, he's entitled to his own opinion, but he can say it better than he did. But, who am I against...1001 people, 1001 different personalities..
and..to nit-pick: I consider myself neither a good artist, nor an artist to begin with..

"Whatever, just fuhgeddabout it"

footnote: Asura is stuck in ura land.

Last edited by Asura; 2004-09-29 at 01:20.
Asura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-29, 06:32   Link #17
Genius
BLUEH!

The point of the post was not to break you down, there is a couple of good drawers left, but the average level is much lower than it was, and i was just wondering where all the drawers had went, nothing more, nothing less.
Don't take it so personally.. if you like your own drawings, there's no need to flame me, is it? and it was only my own opinion.
Genius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-29, 06:44   Link #18
Shoeshefied

Send a message via AIM to Shoeshefied
Talking

glad this cleared upp, phewwwww, dont worry dood, happens all the time, people can mean one thing... but it sure can feel different out the other ear. harharhar.......and to stick to the topic, i hope those that were here like when this forum was created could stop by one day and show off some neat stuff though, likewise everyone has neatstuff to show off. (me gotta stop being all cheesy)
Shoeshefied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-29, 06:53   Link #19
nh1
KAWAIII-III!!!! >^_^ >

Ehm... The entitled to your own opinion thing is kind of weird, because flaming is actually also stating an opinion: "I think you're stupid to say something like that" and "I think you're bad at drawing to post something like that" are really both opinions .
I guess it just came out wrong and we misunderstood. Could happen to anyone

By the way, does anyone know where Uglypigs went? Did he say something before he left or did he just... die?
Old 2004-09-29, 06:54   Link #20
Innotech

Quote:
The point of the post was not to break you down, there is a couple of good drawers left, but the average level is much lower than it was, and i was just wondering where all the drawers had went, nothing more, nothing less.
Don't take it so personally.. if you like your own drawings, there's no need to flame me, is it? and it was only my own opinion.
no ones flaming you ,just that some of us havent been drawing as long.
For example, I started drawing anime and people only 2 years ago, and for about 15 years prior I drew only cars and houses.
Innotech is offline   Reply With Quote