AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

View Poll Results: Guilty Crown - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 33 26.61%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 21 16.94%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 12.90%
7 out of 10 : Good 24 19.35%
6 out of 10 : Average 10 8.06%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 6 4.84%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.81%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.61%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 3 2.42%
1 out of 10 : Painful 8 6.45%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-17, 13:54   Link #201
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Oh, I don't watch this series just to rage. Neither just to laugh at it.
The basic setting of Guilty Gear is intriguing in a way and the series has great sound tracks backed up with above average animation.
It's just simply put the writers of Guilty Gear wasted tons of the show's potential. The basic ideas and concepts they use are often great but the execution just fails very short compared to that.

What I really don't like is the lack of fluid development. Like others said, the creators of the show have a hard time to decide what is Guilty Crown really about. That's why this anime feels so random about bringing up plot elements.
Old 2012-02-17, 13:55   Link #202
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
What I really don't like is the lack of fluid development. Like others said, the creators of the show have a hard time to decide what is Guilty Crown really about. That's why this anime feels so random about bringing up plot elements.
That's a good question.

After 17 episodes I still don't understand what the main plot of this show is.
Old 2012-02-17, 14:01   Link #203
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
That's a good question.

After 17 episodes I still don't understand what the main plot of this show is.
Obviously it's one of those shrouded secrecy only revealed at the end type show. The closest thing a plot would be me against the world scenario.
Old 2012-02-17, 14:12   Link #204
KoroshiyaX
X

I wonder if Scythe girl is still into Shu, didn't see her as part of the betrayal band at the end. I don't think they recruited all of the students into their plot.
Old 2012-02-17, 14:33   Link #205
Comrade
A fuckin' genius!

Time to add more fuel to the fire.
What bothered me this time was how the hell did those Endlaves did not manage to hit Shu?

Shu was running towards them without any cover at all, across a perfectly clean slope. Endlaves had gatling guns, which means a rate of fire of 1300* rounds per minute, firing on full auto at a target that didn't even attempt to dodge, aimed by state of the art targeting systems, yet they still didn't hit him?

What the hell? Even hosing down the area would have resulted in several hits, yet nothing happened...

* the 1300 rounds per minute is based on simple logic. As far as I know, the MG-3 is the fastest firing machine gun in the world. Note that it's a single barrel weapon. Now, the main advantage of modern gatling guns is rate of fire. Therefore, they must have a rate of fire which is at the very least better than what a single barrel weapon can achieve, otherwise there's no use in having one.

If gatling guns used on Endlaves are even remotely near the level of modern day weapons, we're looking at a rate of fire from 2000 to 6600 rounds per minute (110 rounds per second). And that's just from one Endlave. Hell, let's not even go into Metal Storm territory with the theorized rate of fire of nearly 1.62 million rounds per minute.

What I'm trying to say is that even if there was an ordinary machine gun firing at Shu, his heroic charge would have ended the moment he got into the gun's sights.
Old 2012-02-17, 14:56   Link #206
ookamigirl

So the truth about broken voids came out..
That sure put Shu in an awkward position.
The fights were great to watch even though they were short.
The finally managed to open a path through the barrier.
It was not totally unexpected that Shu & Inori would get turned on like that by their classmates.
Gai claimed his power the brutal way, didn't see that one coming.

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2012-02-17, 15:06   Link #207
Soji

the problem is that power never was really his lol both mana and inori choice Shu so.XD
Old 2012-02-17, 15:32   Link #208
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
the problem is that power never was really his lol both mana and inori choice Shu so.XD
Spoiler for Novel:
Old 2012-02-17, 15:34   Link #209
Soji

^if that is the case would explain some thing .
And why mana and inori choice him
Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2012-02-17, 15:46   Link #210
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
@Comrade:Shuu with his Void-related powers activated had shown a number of bullet/missile timing feats. Heck, sometimes he even "outran" those missiles.

So the fact the Endlaves can't hit Shuu is far from surprising. Although that doesn't save us from the fact the animators were pretty lazy to portray it in this episode.
Old 2012-02-17, 16:01   Link #211
Aqua Knight

Shu's new arm from OP is a rip-off from Shirou's hand from Fate/Stay Night Heaven Feel route

Oh and yeah mind blowing episode!
Old 2012-02-17, 16:01   Link #212
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
To draw another comparison this show reminds me a lot of an old 90's cartoon called Walter Melon which was about a ridiculously fat goofy looking guy whose career was to fill in for actual heroes whenever they couldn't do their job. I make this comparison not just because that's basically what happened to Shu, but because you'd have a cast of recurring characters that would fill a different role every episode....much like the cast of Guilty Crown.

If people want to see this sort of thing done right (at least IMO) though I'd suggest checking out Osamu Tezuka's "Star System", which is basically his attempt to establish a familiar set of "actors" who would play different roles and cameos in each of his works. The reason this actually worked is because the characters would at least still stay consistent within the body of a particular work, whereas in Guilty Crown that's very much not the case. In fact I think I can now safely highlight it as this shows single overriding core flaw. Take that away and the story is still goofy as all hell, but at least somewhat consistent in it's portrayal of the characters.
Old 2012-02-17, 16:07   Link #213
Enternal

Man I do not know what to expect from this show anymore. It's just totally pissing me off all the time.

On the other hand, some people really need to give Shu some slack. On some blogs, they were even making comments that they watched this episode because they were really happy Shu got him arm cut off... they're even worse.
Old 2012-02-17, 16:09   Link #214
Soji

^ there is even people that like the new gai and are happy that he is back.
ANd give Shu what he deserve>_>
Old 2012-02-17, 16:09   Link #215
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Knight View Post
Shu's new arm from OP is a rip-off from Shirou's hand from Fate/Stay Night Heaven Feel route

Oh and yeah mind blowing episode!
You mean the Garm? Technically it looks like Shirou's regular hands since Shirou's hand's were always like that. The only difference with the Garm was that it Archer's muscular arm which he did most the tracing with. In fate and UBW the arm looks like that when they actually show the arm when tracing. It'd probably be more accurate to call it a copy of hirou's hand's full stop since that's how they looked when he traced even in the anime.

Makes me wonder how the whole nuking Japan will go that'd require a riduclous number of nukes (if the nukes were shown to be even mildly releastic even taking into account future "advancements".

Last edited by Tenchi Hou Take; 2012-02-17 at 16:23.
Old 2012-02-17, 16:10   Link #216
Comrade
A fuckin' genius!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
... they were really happy Shu got him arm cut off... they're even worse.
I'm even worse than who?
Old 2012-02-17, 16:42   Link #217
Xaturas

People Gave me "-" and said that I'm Shu fanboy on this forum, so its obvious that they are even worse on some other sites.

As for nukes, Jpn isn't so big, UN would have more than enough. Not to mention that they would probably use some advanced "nuke" weapon, where it would be a new type be it Hydrogen Bomb or something else.
Its not like Countries are still using little babies which were dropped on Hiroshima. There was a website which showed nuke damage on any contry/place in the world. I will try to find it and give a link.

Here you go Nuke Japan

http://www.carloslabs.com/projects/2...roundZero.html

Few Tsar Bombs " 1961, USSR, This was the largest explosion ever produced in history."
And Japan is a desert. And that bomb was 1961 don't ask how powerful the nukes in GC would be.
Old 2012-02-17, 16:43   Link #218
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

^^ I could care less about if I'm worse than Shu. I really hated him. Total failure of a wimpy character on every level.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Old 2012-02-17, 17:10   Link #219
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

I was like WTF when I read how most people bashing Arisa so much, ignoring her circumstance (and no one in randomc mentioned about hell Shuu has gone to that made him who he is now). But I'm relieved that there are a lot of people who seem to have the same thought as me here.

I really feel sorry for Shuu. He lost Hare when he was too kind and reluctant, then after he became more strict, people just hated him again while it's the only way to keep them all survived in that hopeless situation. The students only want to use him to save their own life, they don't want to risk their own life or sacrifice their life to protect someone like Undertaker members, they have totally different mentality. So it's no wonder why Shuu can't control them well, YOU CAN NEVER GET JERKASS SELFISH SUBORDINATES TO LIKE YOU!!! I think what happened to Shuu is very unjust, but he had it coming so he should accept it. I wish he could have lived happily with Hare instead of shouldering the responsibility of saving his friends' life only to be betrayed by them.

Arisa, she's powerless, has always been. Her power is too valuable for the students to leave that's why Shuu had to confine her from getting out since if she's gone, the students would be doomed, but she was too into herself (stupid) and only blame Shuu, while Shuu was doing all of this for the sake of everyone (who he shouldn't give a crap). She was terrified when she knew if void breaks, the user died, but that's the only thing that makes them able to pull a fight in the first place. Then Gai phoned her and well... you know what happened. It was too one-sided to blame Shuu. He was definitely on their side, while Gai was with Keido, who ordered students to be killed and started the whole mess in the first place. If Shuu is a hero with bad publicity, then Gai is a villain with good publicity.

I forgot the name of the guy who was Shuu's friend but his stupidity lead to Hare's dead. I'll never forgive that trash. Sure he hates Shuu, but I wish he should just die instead of surviving to push Shuu down the hill while saying he didn't do anything wrong. How degerated people can be when push. And I thought last episode Shuu was quite psychotic, he seems normal to me now.

To Gai, Mana chose Shuu to be king, not him. He just wanted, now that he got the power, he'd be pretty full of himself for sure. I kind of wonder if Mana truly liked Gai though. She might tink of him as a pet who she keeps since Shuu rejected her. Loser will always be loser! lol
Old 2012-02-17, 17:16   Link #220
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
I'm even worse than who?
Worse than Shu perhaps?

Because I cannot see why everyone hates Shu when he's doing something that should had come to him naturally since the day he got the Genome.

Screwing all of them god damn traitors will be a big task but expect Shu to do it in one blow.
Closed Thread